PDA

View Full Version : The coach vs. the players

Shade
04-06-2006, 11:57 AM
It's pretty obvious to me, and many others, that these two things can no longer co-exist. So, if you have a choice, who goes -- the coach, or the players...or both?

Fool
04-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Where's the poll?

brichard
04-06-2006, 12:20 PM
I think you do both.

I've said this many times, but Rick has just been the vicitim of some pretty tough circumstances. And although those are not his fault, he is still caught up in them. This team needs an "Extreme Home Makeover," and he needs to be part of it. And as I've said before, RC deserves better. I hope he finds a better situation than he had here and in Detroit.

Tinsley- Gone. Injuries + Inconsistency= Goobye.

Jack- Way Gone. The fans can't stand him and he is the last remnant of fan rushers on this team.

JO- Keep him unless you can get fair market value. I don't think we will, so I think he stays.

Foster- I'd be okay either way. I love his effort and hustle, but there are other guys who do that.

AJ- I see no reason to move him. He is as solid a backup PG as you will get.

Saras- Play him or move him.

Gill- I don't care. You have to pay somebody low coin, it may as well be him.

Harrison- I think we keep him and see what happens. I'm not sure about his attitude, but he is a hoss.

Peja- We keep him if we can but don't "Croshere" him to a deal.

Croshere- He isn't going anywhere so I think it is mute to discuss it.

Granger- Gotta keep this guy.

Jones- I'm not sure how I feel about Fred, but I don't think I'd cry if he left.

Shade
04-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Where's the poll?

Added.

Fool
04-06-2006, 12:41 PM
Voted.

Currently, I'm the only one voting for the players.

Ragnar
04-06-2006, 01:09 PM
For the breakdown

Coaching staff: Gone now

Tinsley: If healthy for the playoffs keep him if not then gone its the coaches job to know how to use his players and Rick has proven he does not understand the pg position.

AJ please God trade him now unless we get a coach who will use him as the backup 2 since Fred will leave anyway

Fred: See above

Jack: probably gone no matter what but I dont hate him like many of you do.

Jermaine: Keep unless we can get K.G. for him and Jack

Jeff: Keep

Danger: Keep

David: Keep for at least another year

Pollard: Let him walk (what a waste so glad we "traded" Brad for this guy so we would at least get something in return)

Peja: Depends on who the next coach is. Not sure I want to keep him since I like Danger so much.

Sarunas: Depends on coach if we keep Rick then trade him because Rick clearly does not know how to use him (anyone see a trend with Rick here?)

Gill: Dont care hard to ask for more from your 4th string guard.

Cro: Ending deal so he could get moved but I like the guy so I would be fine with him staying. Again if we trade all the others and keep Rick then Cro would need to stay.

Knucklehead Warrior
04-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Ragnar you can only vote once.

D-BONE
04-06-2006, 05:06 PM
I'm not predicting this all occurs, but hopefully a signficant portion. Does state, though, that I feel ultimately all players are expendable if the deal is right.

Coaching staff: Gone

Tinsley: Gone

AJ: Gone

Fred: Gone

Jack: Gone

Jermaine: Gone (assuming reasonable return-Please let it work out!)

Jeff: Keep unless the deal is too good to turn down

Danger: Keep unless the deal is to good to turn down

David: Keep unless the deal is too good to turn down

Pollard: Gone

Peja: Gone (S&T hopefully)

Sarunas: Keep unless the deal is too good to turn down

Gill: Keep

Cro: Gone (assuming we can swing it)

themind
04-06-2006, 05:31 PM
In my opinion we just have to get rid of one of our PGs (I'd like Tinsley to leave) and trade Jax and a filler for some atletic defender. We have a good bunch of players, we're just missing the glue...

ChicagoJ
04-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Coaching staff - all except Rifleman = gone

Players:

Tinsley - I'd like to see Tinsley with another coach, because I don't think there's anybody better available.

AJ - I'm okay with him in the "combo guard" role - eighth man

Saras - trade bait

Gill - who cares?

SJax - taking the first bus out of town, please.

Fred - should make no effort to re-sign him

Peja - Sign and trade or brought back in a reduced (sixth-man) role

Granger - Keeper

JO - Keeper

Jeff - Brought back in a reduced (seventh-man) role

Croshere - Doesn't really matter anymore

David - Keeper

Scot - let him walk away, although I'd keep him at the vet's minimum

8.9_seconds
04-07-2006, 12:48 AM
Just Curious How do you guys feel about Scot, when he gets to play I think he does very well. I know that his injuries play a factor into people not wanting him, but I really love his energy and fire.

Bball
04-07-2006, 04:00 AM
Just Curious How do you guys feel about Scot, when he gets to play I think he does very well. I know that his injuries play a factor into people not wanting him, but I really love his energy and fire.

I'm not sure how much of Pollard's erratic appearances in the lineup/rotation are injury related and how much it is Carlisle doing whatever it is he does when he is thinking about matchups and simply doling out minutes.

Pollard doesn't seem nearly as effective in Carlisle's preferred offensive system. ....But then again, neither does anyone else on the roster. I'd venture to say Pollard's minutes are more limited by Carlisle's reluctance to play him in his system than they are by injuries.

That brings up an interesting question (to me)- Would Pollard have been the 'disappointment' he appeared to be initially if we would've been playing a more 'Euro style' of game with lots of 'ball sharing' as Bird claims to want?

-Bball

Lord Helmet
04-07-2006, 04:20 AM
I'm not sure how much of Pollard's erratic appearances in the lineup/rotation are injury related and how much it is Carlisle doing whatever it is he does when he is thinking about matchups and simply doling out minutes.

Pollard doesn't seem nearly as effective in Carlisle's preferred offensive system. ....But then again, neither does anyone else on the roster. I'd venture to say Pollard's minutes are more limited by Carlisle's reluctance to play him in his system than they are by injuries.

That brings up an interesting question (to me)- Would Pollard have been the 'disappointment' he appeared to be initially if we would've been playing a more 'Euro style' of game with lots of 'ball sharing' as Bird claims to want?

-Bball
That's a really good question, Bball.

Something I don't think we'll ever know.