PDA

View Full Version : Turnovers Broke This Team.

Arcadian
04-05-2006, 03:01 PM
I've said numerous time that I don't beleive that this team is very good and that it is talent set is poorly mixed.

Currently we are the 5th worst team in turnovers. 4th worst in assist to turnover ratio.

I don't believe all of this comes down to being stupid. I think more of it has to do with the fact that we are a poor ball handling team. Tinsley is the only player who I think is above average for his position in terms of ball handling.
Individually that is fine as long as you compensate that with the rest of the roster.

This is why we blow leads, why we have trouble getting the ball to the hot hand and the playoffs are going to be a very short ordeal.

It is also why Jackson has to go. With as poor of a team as we have handling the ball we, we simply cannot afford to have a shooting guard who turns over the ball as much as he does coupled with his poor shot selection.

Ragnar
04-05-2006, 04:29 PM
I dont think turnovers are that big of a problem. We often lead in turnovers in games we win. When Larry Brown was here we were among the worst in turnover yet we went to the ECF more than we did not.

Alpolloloco
04-05-2006, 05:19 PM
Between our PGs the APG/TO ratio per 48 minutes is:

JT 1.85
SJ 1.93
AJ 2.67

and JT leads all players with 4.7 TO per 48 minutes!

ChicagoJ
04-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Why would you do A/TO per 48 minutes?

How is that different than A/TO?

The NBA has a funny way of tracking TOs that works against PGs. If Tinsley throws a great pass to Oven Mitts (Foster), and he fumbles it out of bounds, that's frequently called a "Bad Pass" and credited to Tinsley. Just the same as when AJ tries to throw a pass to Oven Mitts and sails it into the third row.

I'm sure about 397,483 posters will come in here and point out all the flaws with "per 48 minutes stats", so I'll leave that for them.

3ballinhoop
04-05-2006, 05:37 PM
The probably most horrible guardshooting in the whole NBA combined with the most turnovers on the team is an explosive mix. There are rumors it is part of Irans new weapon program going by the codename Tinsleybomb.

3ballinhoop
04-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Add that he is one of the most injured players in the whole league, seems to have huge attitude problems and to all this is disliked by Pacers fans and it is a safe bet this is the first player traded after the season.

Alpolloloco
04-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Why would you do A/TO per 48 minutes?

How is that different than A/TO?

The NBA has a funny way of tracking TOs that works against PGs. If Tinsley throws a great pass to Oven Mitts (Foster), and he fumbles it out of bounds, that's frequently called a "Bad Pass" and credited to Tinsley. Just the same as when AJ tries to throw a pass to Oven Mitts and sails it into the third row.

Yet Foster has only 1.1 TOPG while JO for instance has 2.8 TOPG (ranking 17th on the NBA season for all players). So only 1 of JT's TO could be faulted to Foster, the others he has only himself to blame.

D-BONE
04-05-2006, 07:06 PM
TOs and bricks. Do we possibly have the worst collective backcourt in the league currently?

Arcadian
04-05-2006, 09:45 PM
I don't blame our pt guards that much. I think it is our other win players. Granted Peja and is much better in this area than a SJax and Jones pairing.

Considering that we are a ball control offense limiting possesions I think turnovers are huge. We are third last in shots taken in the league.

It's hard to look at individual stats for the team because of all of the injuries and line ups. Stephen though ranked amoung shooting guards is the 7th worst. His assist to turnover is the worst at 1.09. Second worst is Ben Gordon at 1.29.