PDA

View Full Version : A question about Rick

Eindar
04-05-2006, 05:40 AM
I wanted to discuss something regarding Rick and the heart of this team. His first season with the team, I remember him telling the players not to talk to the refs, because he'd do it. I also remember him getting quite a few technical fouls for screaming at the refs. We won 61 games that year. Last year, he didn't do as much yelling, but he never had to motivate our D-League All-Stars to play hard every game, either, and everyone bought into the system. We won 44 games last year. This year, the players spend their time talking to the refs. I don't think I've seen Rick get a Tech. all season so far, much less get tossed from a game, which happened to him at least twice that 1st season. We'll be lucky to get 40 wins this season.

Is it a sign that Rick has lost the team that he's given up on getting himself ejected/Tech'ed in order to fire up the team? Does he figure it's not going to stop the players from jawing at the refs, so why bother?

DeS
04-05-2006, 10:37 AM
II don't think I've seen Rick get a Tech. all season so far, much less get tossed from a game, which happened to him at least twice that 1st season.
Actually, he got one (just for a record).

ChicagoJ
04-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Almost all of his techs were defending Reggie from the officials.

He's never, IMO, stood up for JO, Tinsley, etc. At least not very often.

They ***** to the refs too much, but IMO one of the reasons is that they may not feel like their coach "has their backs" like he had Uncle Reggie's.

Unclebuck
04-05-2006, 11:56 AM
I've seen Rick "stand up" for J.O. many, many times over his three years here.

Evan_The_Dude
04-05-2006, 02:10 PM
I've seen Rick "stand up" for J.O. many, many times over his three years here.

Rick forgot to log out of UB's account again...