PDA

View Full Version : FireTheCoach

FireTheCoach
04-04-2006, 11:40 PM
This screen name of mine has always made me laugh....

I'll go with the FireTheCoach crowd and say it's time to move on. Just as with trading players.... sometimes it's better to make a change if nothing but for changes sake.

I don't necessarily dislike RC .... but this same old story is soooooo old now. Maybe we just need something different.... although I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that just about ANY coach would have his share of problems with this collection of personalities.

I'm totally down with the anti S.Jackson fans. Attitudes like his needs to be purged from this team. The cup hit the wrong guy IMHO.

Check out that carp in my avitar. Thats a Monroe Reservoir mirror carp... weighed about 17lbs I guess. Going fishing again tomorrow..... !!!!

s.i.g.h.

Kaufman
04-04-2006, 11:44 PM
What does s.i.g.h. stand for?

What did SJAX do this time?

He's our only scorer that plays consistently. Lets say we were without his 15-20 ppg, we'd be losing by more points. At least we're losing respectively :sigh:

Unclebuck
04-04-2006, 11:45 PM
This screen name of mine has always made me laugh....

I'll go with the FireTheCoach crowd and say it's time to move on. Just as with trading players.... sometimes it's better to make a change if nothing but for changes sake.

I don't necessarily dislike RC .... but this same old story is soooooo old now. Maybe we just need something different.... although I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that just about ANY coach would have his share of problems with this collection of personalities.

I'm totally down with the anti S.Jackson fans. Attitudes like his needs to be purged from this team. The cup hit the wrong guy IMHO.

Check out that carp in my avitar. Thats a Monroe Reservoir mirror carp... weighed about 17lbs I guess. Going fishing again tomorrow..... !!!!

s.i.g.h.

Major changes are needed, and coaching likely one of those. My argument after the game is with those who are saying Rick tonight lost the game for us

FireTheCoach
04-05-2006, 12:05 AM
Major changes are needed, and coaching likely one of those. My argument after the game is with those who are saying Rick tonight lost the game for us

My thoughts exactly...

FireTheCoach
04-05-2006, 12:35 AM
What does s.i.g.h. stand for?

What did SJAX do this time?

He's our only scorer that plays consistently. Lets say we were without his 15-20 ppg, we'd be losing by more points. At least we're losing respectively :sigh:

Q1 ~ He missed a layup that he should have made.... took out the mouthpiece and started yapping to the refs.... all resulting in a dunk on the other end. I don't care if guys want to gripe at the refs once in a while but when Jackson does it it seems lilke he's being a "cryass" nowadays. My God, the dude thinks he gets fouled everytime he misses a shot.... hey SJ, I got news for ya.... you're not all that prolific of a scrorer, STFU and play defense when you miss a layup, Indiana basketball fans would appreciate you more for it.

The guy could avg 25 the rest of the way and I still don't like him and want him gone. You don't feel like Jacksons irreplaceable.... do you? Plenty of guard/forward type players in this league that will give you the same things SJ gives ya.

indypacerfan54
04-05-2006, 01:27 AM
Worst. Thread. Ever.

FireTheCoach
04-05-2006, 07:30 AM
Worst. Thread. Ever.

well why did you feel the need to post on it then....? :fight:

You must be one of those Stephen Jackson fans..... probably an Al Harrington fan too I'll bet.

Kaufman
04-05-2006, 08:42 AM
I guess its not that I feel like he's not replaceable, but I guess he's the type of player that you know what you get. He's dependable for 10-20 points on a nightly basis, and rarely injured. I agree, he's a very average "scorer", which I see as his role, score. Shoot. And he might not be the best shooter, but he's a scorer, streaky at that. But he always gets his and he's there every night, something that we don't have with our point guard, power forward, and center. He's dependable, in that small sense. And I'd rather have dependable right now, rather than a greater player who's injured 30-50+% of the time. Do you see where I'm coming from?

As far as your points - regarding the blown layup, it happens and it sucks but layups are missed sometimes, esp under pressure. But you are right in that he shouldn't mouth off, get back on D, and get over himself. That is true. Sometimes you have to get into the sports "psychology" of a player that does that, and figure out why he does that. Is it because he has low self confidence, or bc he wants to be perceived as a "tough guy", or simply just bc he's an emotional guy and reacts in a way that's not appropriate when he makes a mistake and is stressed. I don't know the answers to that question...

I do think that Jax' game suffers a great great deal with Mike Brown gone.

BillS
04-05-2006, 09:02 AM
To be honest, and to repeat what I said at the Forum gathering, I really don't see what Carlisle has to work with.

We lost last night through complete and utter carelessness and disregard for our lead. While the coach could start pulling players after they make stupid mistakes, hasn't doing just that been one of the criticisms throughout his career? He could have taken more timeouts but as it was we were completely out by the last minute of the game. He used a somewhat different lineup than standard, trying to switch between offense and defense, and look where it got us.

What we have is players making stupid turnovers (including being unable - or worse, refusing - to see someone STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU on an inbounds play), taking quick shots, making dumb fouls then arguing about them while play continues...

Keep The Coach. Fire The Team.

Indyfan
04-05-2006, 09:20 AM
To be honest, and to repeat what I said at the Forum gathering, I really don't see what Carlisle has to work with.

We lost last night through complete and utter carelessness and disregard for our lead. While the coach could start pulling players after they make stupid mistakes, hasn't doing just that been one of the criticisms throughout his career? He could have taken more timeouts but as it was we were completely out by the last minute of the game. He used a somewhat different lineup than standard, trying to switch between offense and defense, and look where it got us.

What we have is players making stupid turnovers (including being unable - or worse, refusing - to see someone STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU on an inbounds play), taking quick shots, making dumb fouls then arguing about them while play continues...

Keep The Coach. Fire The Team.

:iagree:

Ragnar
04-05-2006, 09:23 AM
UB I am somewhat suprised you cant see it. You keep saying AJ had two steals and that Tinsley had two turnovers but you ignore that Rick left the bench in against their starters in a game we had to win. You ignore that he pulls Tinsley over anything and leaves AJ in through anything. You ignore that we went back to the clear out for Jermaine and everyone stand on the other end of the floor offense last night.

Unclebuck
04-05-2006, 09:24 AM
What we have is players making stupid turnovers (including being unable - or worse, refusing - to see someone STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU on an inbounds play),

I want to discuss that play, and I assume you are referring to the 5 second call when AJ was trying to throwing the ball in. I saw what everyone else saw, Jax was open at the start, and AJ did not throw him the ball, but before someone goes off on some tangent about those two players not getting along, or AJ just not wanting to throw the ball to him.......it is obvious that the play was for someone else, and as I watched the play it looked like it was supposed to be for J.O on a post up straight from inbounds, but the players did not run the play right at all. I would have to study the play again to see who broke the play.

But one thing I'm 100% sure about is the first primary mistake was made by the 4 Pacers players on the floor. Now obviously as it got to 4 seconds AJ should have just attempted to inbounds as best he could towards the Pacers basket.

BillS
04-05-2006, 11:01 AM
I want to discuss that play, and I assume you are referring to the 5 second call when AJ was trying to throwing the ball in. I saw what everyone else saw, Jax was open at the start, and AJ did not throw him the ball, but before someone goes off on some tangent about those two players not getting along, or AJ just not wanting to throw the ball to him.......it is obvious that the play was for someone else, and as I watched the play it looked like it was supposed to be for J.O on a post up straight from inbounds, but the players did not run the play right at all. I would have to study the play again to see who broke the play.

But one thing I'm 100% sure about is the first primary mistake was made by the 4 Pacers players on the floor. Now obviously as it got to 4 seconds AJ should have just attempted to inbounds as best he could towards the Pacers basket.

I'm actually talking at the end of the time. I'd have sworn I saw a Pacer wide open between AJ and the time line with about a second left in the inbounds count. From the TV it was hard to see who it was, but it looked like a single-digit number (at the time I thought it was JO because it didn't look like Jax). It looked as if AJ never looked to his right and therefore didn't see the player break around the backcourt and get free.

I think AJ just froze after realizing there was no time out.

Ragnar
04-05-2006, 11:59 AM
I'm actually talking at the end of the time. I'd have sworn I saw a Pacer wide open between AJ and the time line with about a second left in the inbounds count. From the TV it was hard to see who it was, but it looked like a single-digit number (at the time I thought it was JO because it didn't look like Jax). It looked as if AJ never looked to his right and therefore didn't see the player break around the backcourt and get free.

I think AJ just froze after realizing there was no time out.

Yes it was Jack. UB is right its not completely AJ's fault. The play was broken because other than AJ and Jack (who was clearly the decoy) everyone else was out of place or at least a couple were. Now of course AJ should have passed it to Jack since Jack had been the hot hand all night and because he was the only one open. But hey I cant blame AJ for being in a situation he has no business being in.