PDA

View Full Version : Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

Unclebuck
04-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Not sure this is a big deal or not, but I'm curious what people think.

During the game Saturday night the camera picked up several arguments between J.O and Jeff Foster, and these were on the court, during play. I think it might have been about a defensive rotation. What it was about doesn't really matter though.

I really didn't think much of it at the time (what? our players arguing, what a shock), but I was thinking about this today while I was going back through some old threads from January, and lo and behold I notice some posts from myself and others about how J.O and Jeff are always arguing. So I decided to start a thread about this to get some feedback.

Does this mean anything. Who should we blame. J.O. or Jeff, who is right. Why don't we see other players arguing with J.O or other players arguing with Jeff. Do these two players not get along. Or maybe is Jeff one of or maybe the only player on the roster willing to stand up to J.O. Does this mean J.O. is a good leader or a bad leader.

Anyone have any thoughts on this.

RWB
04-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Jeff is probably telling JO...."You know, if you step toward the ball you might get some additional rebounds".

Seriously UB, thanks for the heads up because I've haven't noticed.

Diamond Dave
04-04-2006, 11:33 AM
It is most likely because of the changing defensive assignments. It is not real clear who the center is. Is it Jeff or is it JO. Because each will guard the other team's pf or C depending who is in.

Jeff will usually guard the better offensive player whether it be the PF or the C. Other teams do similar things having their best defender guard JO. So the person who Jeff or JO guards may not be the same person who guards them.

Combine that with the constant changing of assignments from substitutions can cause a large amount of confusion, leading to easy baskets for the other team. This will cause frustration.

ChicagoJ
04-04-2006, 11:44 AM
JO is probably asking Jeff to beef up and actually take some of the beating he absorbs, and CATCH THE DAMN BALL FOR A CHANGE!!

:fly:

McKeyFan
04-04-2006, 11:45 AM
I usually view such arguing on the court as more positive than negative.

There's been similar discussion about AJ and Foster spatting on court. I think the thread to all this is that all three are several-year veterans on this team. They know each other well, are comfortable enough with each other to talk directly without worrying how it will affect the relationship, and veteran enough to actually know enough to argue about defensive assignments, etc.

It's kinda like a romantic relationship. The real danger sign is not the arguing, it's the silence.

Doug
04-04-2006, 11:53 AM
JO says Tomayto. Jeff says Tomahto.

RWB
04-04-2006, 11:59 AM
There's been similar discussion about AJ and Foster spatting on court.

Shoot, maybe Jeff is saying the heck with it. If no one else wants to step up as leader then I'll give it a try.

Diamond Dave
04-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Then again they may be locked in a heated debate over the NBA vs. The Euro-League.

Jeff continues to point out that JO was on the first Dream Team to be beaten.

Suaveness
04-04-2006, 12:04 PM
Foster says, "Learn to box out, you 127 million dollar freak"

Harddrive7
04-04-2006, 12:07 PM
The one I noticed looked to be that Jeff didn't help JO when JO was one on one with someone on defense and JO slammed the ball to his palm and looked to mouth "HELP ON THE BALL MAN DAMN"

Peck
04-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Actually Jeff & Anthony Johnson are always sniping at each other as well.

Slick Pinkham
04-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Foster says, "Learn to box out, you 127 million dollar freak"

I thought he was saying "Could we really get Garnett for you and Tinsley?"

RWB
04-04-2006, 12:24 PM
I thought he was saying "Could we really get Garnett for you and Tinsley?"

KG will be making 20 million next year and JO 18 million. Now replace Tin's name with AJ's salary and your in the right ball park.

Slick Pinkham
04-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Jeff never does check his trade ideas on real gm.

;)

Anthem
04-04-2006, 01:46 PM
KG will be making 20 million next year and JO 18 million. Now replace Tin's name with AJ's salary and your in the right ball park.
Plus or minus 25%. At around 20 mil, 25% is plus or minus 5 mil.

JO and Tinsley works fine financially. The only question is how many point guards the T-Wolves want.

Harddrive7
04-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Plus or minus 25%. At around 20 mil, 25% is plus or minus 5 mil.

JO and Tinsley works fine financially. The only question is how many point guards the T-Wolves want.

We have (3) of them, see ya!

Skaut_Ech
04-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Jermaine: I told you! Jermaine does not do rebounds. Jermaine DOES like to shoot. Do we understand each other.

Jeff: Well I like to shoot, too.

Jermaine: Yeah, I heard about you and shooters.

Jeff: Wha? What are you trying to say?

Jermaine: Nuttin'...hey wanna go back in the locker room and practice our mean faces?

Jeff: I told you, I don't do that strutting stuff.

Jermaine: Why not? It makes you look tough. Just ask Kenyon.

Jeff: *rolling eye* Hey, Jermaine...assholesayswhat?

Jermaine: What?

Jeff: Nothing. Wanna play play foosball later?

Jermaine: Only if I get to make faces.

Jeff: Don't you always....?

Jermaine: And don't invite Saras this time. All he does is tell me which little man to spin.

Jeff: As long as you don't invite Tinsley again. How can you hurt yourself playing foosball. It's foosball!

Jeff: Heads up, ref just blew the whistle!

Jermaine: Oh yeah, I almost forgot there was a game going on. Rock, paper scissors for who plays center this period?

Jeff: Fine. As long as we don't trade purple nurples again till someone squeels like a little schoolgirl.

MagicRat
04-04-2006, 02:08 PM
"Jeff needs to go get a rebound or something and shut his mouth," O'Neal said. "I don't know when he became tough. I think it's in his best interest to go get a rebound and be quiet because I'm not the right person for that, to be honest."

Will Galen
04-04-2006, 02:20 PM
I've noticed Jeff auguring with both AJ and JO. I also remember Sarunas saying something to Granger earlier this year and Granger snapping back.

I don't think it's a big deal. Now if it was two of the guys with attitude I would be worried.

Arcadian
04-04-2006, 02:31 PM
"Jeff needs to go get a rebound or something and shut his mouth," O'Neal said. "I don't know when he became tough. I think it's in his best interest to go get a rebound and be quiet because I'm not the right person for that, to be honest."

I'm confused. Did JO really say that? Where is the photoshop?

317Kim
04-04-2006, 02:34 PM
I'm confused. Did JO really say that? Where is the photoshop?

That was originally directed at Udonis Haslem so it said "Udonis needs...." instead of "Jeff needs...."

Arcadian
04-04-2006, 02:35 PM
I knew there was a joke I wasn't getting.

ChicagoJ
04-04-2006, 03:03 PM
This is fun.

fwpacerfan
04-04-2006, 07:45 PM
I blame JO. Jeff is one of the top offense rebounders and defensive centers. Plus the Pacers are under .500 w/JO in his return.

Jermaniac
04-04-2006, 07:59 PM
JO goes for a block, no one picks his man up, JO gets pissed. End of story. I thought he was going to take the ball and hit Peja with it last game.

Anthem
04-04-2006, 08:10 PM
[/b]

We have (3) of them, see ya!
So do the T-Wolves. That's the point.

I'm not sure that including Tinsley is a huge draw for them unless we take somebody back.

Knucklehead Warrior
04-04-2006, 08:22 PM
the Pacers are under .500 w/JO in his return.
The Pacers are 2-9 at home on Tuesdays when Carlisle has an egg for breakfast.

brichard
04-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Jeff: "Rocky Marciano!"

JO: "Ali!"

Jeff: "Rocky Marciano!"

JO: "Ali!"

grace
04-05-2006, 11:28 AM
It's not JO's fault and it's not Jeff's fault. It's Ron Artest. If he hadn't demanded a trade he's still be here for everyone to hate. Since he's not the players are turning on each other.

Well, actually it's Reggie's fault for retiring.

Jon Theodore
04-05-2006, 03:12 PM
best thread of the year??