PDA

View Full Version : (Public) Who do you definitely NOT want to return next year?

BillS
04-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Sorry, the old one was set to PRIVATE.

This goes along with the poll from Will Galen, and a comparison of the two should be very interesting.

In this poll, only select those you want to be gone no matter what.

BillS
04-04-2006, 10:34 AM
There. This one is the public one.

btowncolt
04-04-2006, 10:47 AM
:yes:

Yaaaah! Public Poll!

ChicagoJ
04-04-2006, 10:50 AM

Yaaaah! Public Poll!

You're still on my **** list after that vote.

:D

Evan_The_Dude
04-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Nice voting btown.....

I don't know why, but I can't find one player out of that list that I absolutely DO NOT want back here next season. I'll wait until after tonights game to vote. I'd rather see the team just get rid of some guys than to say I want them gone. I guess I just like something about everybody on the team. Or maybe it's just been to long in between games, and one of those guys just needs to light a fire under my a$$

I know who I WANT on te team though
<<--------

RWB
04-04-2006, 11:42 AM
I really like the guy and think he has been a true professional, but it's time Austin found a home somewhere. I don't blame him for the big contract and hopefully his value has finally hit a peak being in the last year. With Pollard and Reg coming off the books I hope this sets the Pacers up to at least be looking at different options instead insisting they're strapped.

Just a reminder.....AC will make over 9.5 million next year.

Suaveness
04-04-2006, 12:05 PM
Who the **** voted for Granger?

Edit: Nevermind.

CableKC
04-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Isn't this going give you the exact opposite of the poll we had yesterday?

Let me guess.....SJax and Tinsley are gonna lead this poll.

Kegboy
04-04-2006, 12:37 PM
I can live with any single player coming back. I can even live with Bird and O'Neil. But changes have to be made, to improve balance and chemistry.

[edit] I'll tell you who I definitely do not want to return. Fat Bowser!!!!!!!!!!!

Get that boy a treadmill already.

MagicRat
04-04-2006, 12:40 PM
Can we rename this thread to "The Official Hater Poll"?

Thanks...........;)

Kegboy
04-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Can we rename this thread to "The Official Hater Poll"?

Thanks...........;)

I thought that was gonna be one of the year-end awards?

317Kim
04-04-2006, 12:43 PM
[edit] I'll tell you who I definitely do not want to return. Fat Bowser!!!!!!!!!!!

Get that boy a treadmill already.

You might get your wish! On the 2006 Pacers Medallion Collection under Bowser's bio, it says his weight varies so maybe he'll go back to the way he was last year.

Chauncey
04-04-2006, 12:53 PM
I voted for all of the PGs.

Kegboy
04-04-2006, 01:10 PM
You might get your wish! On the 2006 Pacers Medallion Collection under Bowser's bio, it says his weight varies so maybe he'll go back to the way he was last year.

Well, now that I think about it, I really didn't care for Thin Bowser, either. :shrug:

317Kim
04-04-2006, 01:13 PM
:(, Basically you want to take it back to '91-'00 when it was just Boomer.

Wow, just noticed that I was barely older than him!

BillS
04-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Isn't this going give you the exact opposite of the poll we had yesterday?

I hope not, because that means everyone will be disappointed in the actual team situation next year.

The expectation would be that some players are "on the fence" players - players people don't "love" enough to demand that they stay but don't "hate" enough to demand that they go.

These players are role players or end of bench players that can either stay for depth reasons, go as a throw-in to make salaries match, or (if one of them should be a big money player with an expiring contract, maybe) could be the catalyst for a deal that gets us below the cap.

It's data worth having.

Mourning
04-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Tinsley and Jackson. I don't mind Gill. He is paid insignificantly compared to all other players and he's just the 4th PG. I don't have something against him or his play really. Can't say I would really miss him on the team if he weren't resigned, but I wouldn't mind him beying resigned as long as its just one or two years and for just a small amount (for NBA players).

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Slick Pinkham
04-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Nice voting btown.....

If Donnie Walsh cans everybody in the whole Pacers organization, I guess he and btown can lounge around in the team offices in their PJs.

:hmm:

Will Galen
04-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Sorry, the old one was set to PRIVATE.

This goes along with the poll from Will Galen, and a comparison of the two should be very interesting.

In this poll, only select those you want to be gone no matter what.

I thought about doing a poll yesterday and asking this very question. Never got around to it though. Glad you did it!

As for who I absolutely want gone, only Tinsel. I think him being in and out of the lineup is the major reason the Pacers continue to be up and down so much. Point guard is the most important position on the floor the way Carlisle wants his offense to run. The Pacers don't have any continually with Tinsel. That's why we played better with AJ even though he's not as good as Tinsel.

I think if Carlisle would have played Sarunas at point and had AJ backing up both 1 and 2 we would have played even better.

N8R
04-04-2006, 01:51 PM
I think we need a New coach and Jackson just ticks me off for the most part. He needs to just get while the getting is still good.

Will Galen
04-04-2006, 01:56 PM

Yaaaah! Public Poll!

Yeah, I agree with Jay! You made little sense in wanting everyone gone but Walsh. It boarders on . . . no, here I have to call a spade a spade. It's dumb to definitely want to get rid of everyone but the top guy. I want to hear your reasoning.

If you are getting rid of your coaches I see no reason in the world you wouldn't want to keep Danny Gee! He's a rookie with a good attitude and gobs of potential. I know you aren't that dumb, so what's your reasoning?

blanket
04-04-2006, 02:11 PM
We need a new starting backcourt, so Tins and Jax have to go.

With a new backcourt, 6 more months of distance from the taint of Ron-Ron, and hopefully a healthy offseason for our players, we should give Carlisle the last year of his contract to show what he's capable of.

ChicagoJ
04-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I agree with Jay! You made little sense in wanting everyone gone but Walsh. It boarders on . . . no, here I have to call a spade a spade. It's dumb to definitely want to get rid of everyone but the top guy. I want to hear your reasoning.

If you are getting rid of your coaches I see no reason in the world you wouldn't want to keep Danny Gee! He's a rookie with a good attitude and gobs of potential. I know you aren't that dumb, so what's your reasoning?

Just for the record...

I was only offended by Btown's inclusion of the Rifleman in his "Gone" list. Now, there are two more of you that have included the honorable Mr.

:person:.

If your reasoning is to "get rid of the entire coaching staff", then okay, let Chuck go back to the front office (preferably as an apprentice to become Mr. Bird's replacement someday soon.)

But if your reasoning is something else; :punch:

:D

Kaufman
04-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Chuck is the reason I became a P's fan back in 1991 against LB back in the first round against the Celtics. 38 point game followed by 39, and then the one three from the "suburbs" as I believe called by Marvelous Albert. Remember that 3?

btowncolt
04-04-2006, 03:10 PM

I want to apologize, in particular to Will Galen, for anyone having taken anything I've ever done, and this thread is a prime example, and attempted to extract logic, reason, or any sign of mental stability from the decision. I didn't mean to waste that much time of anyone's life, and hope in the future that my posts, votes, or comments will once again be dismissed as the rantings of a drunken lunatic with very little grasp on the reality that surrounds him.

Will Galen
04-04-2006, 03:18 PM
I want to apologize, in particular to Will Galen, for anyone having taken anything I've ever done, and this thread is a prime example, and attempted to extract logic, reason, or any sign of mental stability from the decision. I didn't mean to waste that much time of anyone's life, and hope in the future that my posts, votes, or comments will once again be dismissed as the rantings of a drunken lunatic with very little grasp on the reality that surrounds him.

Shouldn't we all just put you on ignore then?

btowncolt
04-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Shouldn't we all just put you on ignore then?

You're more than welcome to do so. I don't believe I've deprived anyone of that ability to date.

And now I've posted twice in the Pacer forum in one day, so I'll see you all Friday.

Kegboy
04-04-2006, 04:08 PM
:(, Basically you want to take it back to '91-'00 when it was just Boomer.

Wow, just noticed that I was barely older than him!

Bowser always picked on me, hitting me on the head, untying my shoe laces, just being a general ***. However, his *** is so damn big now, he probably can't make it up to the balcony anymore, can he? :chin:

[edit] Free Btown!

MagicRat
04-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Why do btown and Will Galen argue on the forum so often?

Not sure this is a big deal or not, but I'm curious what people think.

Does this mean anything? Who should we blame? btown or Will, who is right? Why don't we see other posters arguing with btown or other posters arguing with Will? Do these two posters not get along? Or maybe Will is one of or maybe the only poster on the board willing to stand up to btown.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Mourning
04-04-2006, 04:20 PM

Does this mean anything? Who should we blame? btown or Will, who is right? Why don't we see other posters arguing with btown or other posters arguing with Will? Do these two posters not get along? Or maybe Will is one of or maybe the only posters on the board willing to stand up to btown.

:hmm:

Kaufman
04-04-2006, 04:23 PM
I think Btown is a good guy and finds escape in some of his sarcasm and flippancy. I think he's frustrated about the P's and I don't think its anything personal against anyone.

I also think though that Will is a pretty good guy too, though I haven't developed as much of a relationship with him.

Maybe its a lot of drama.

I think a lot of people are getting frustrated with a lot of things here, overall. I know I'll be getting a message saying I'm free to leave, but I think there is some frustration going on here.

grace
04-04-2006, 04:32 PM

Does this mean anything? Who should we blame? btown or Will, who is right? Why don't we see other posters arguing with btown or other posters arguing with Will? Do these two posters not get along? Or maybe Will is one of or maybe the only poster on the board willing to stand up to btown.

I think we should revisit this discussion after the Pacers' season is over. Things get slow around here in the summer. Remember last summer when we had all the polls like "The Pacers' season was like which Donny Osmond song?"

MagicRat
04-04-2006, 04:45 PM
"The Pacers' season was like which Donny Osmond song?"

Where Did All the Good Times Go?

Suaveness
04-04-2006, 05:03 PM

I think btown needs to spend a little less time in the closet...

Slick Pinkham
04-04-2006, 05:10 PM
To lighten the mood, in my General Ripper voice:

If we turn over our roster more than other teams do, then we have a roster turnover gap.

And then the enemy has us right where they want us, poised to introduce foreign substances into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual.

Certainly without any choice.

Lack of continuation followed by fluorination.

Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream.

That's the way the hard-core Piston forces work.

Hicks
04-04-2006, 05:12 PM
I think btown needs to spend a little less time in the closet...

So you're saying he needs to come out of the closet.

I voted Stephen Jackson immediately, then hesitantly voted Jamaal Tinsley. I like him just a little less than I dislike him anymore. His game has changed, his attitude (I'm not talking about the pout conspiracy) at times either.

317Kim
04-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Bowser always picked on me, hitting me on the head, untying my shoe laces, just being a general ***. However, his *** is so damn big now, he probably can't make it up to the balcony anymore, can he? :chin:

[edit] Free Btown!

He does that to everyone! but you're right, it's now Boomer that climbs all the way up to the balcony nowadays. Bowser stays down on the court and shoots up t-shirts and stuff like that.

Will Galen
04-04-2006, 05:40 PM
[QUOTE=MagicRat]Why do btown and Will Galen argue on the forum so often?

Huh? What point have we augured? Further, what points have btown and I ever augured? The only point I've ever really augured was who's in charge, Donny or Bird. I usually just state my point and that's it.

Or maybe Will is one of or maybe the only poster on the board willing to stand up to btown.

Stand up to him? Really I don't know what you are talking about. What's btown doing that I haven't noticed? The only reason I took note this time was I know he likes public polls and then his voting didn't make good sense. So I asked him to explain himself. No auguring at all.

Jermaniac
04-04-2006, 05:43 PM
I dont want Jermaine O'Neal back next year, Jermaine O'Neal is an all star and we dont like that as Pacers fans, we want up and coming players, players that suck but are good in the community. If you are already a good player you are not welcome to play for our team.

ChicagoJ
04-04-2006, 06:19 PM
:laugh: I think some people have missed out on MR's satire.

Will Galen
04-04-2006, 06:55 PM
:laugh: I think some people have missed out on MR's satire.

I guess I did. I don't read but about half the threads anymore, and when the ones I do read turn silly I usually just skip though the silly stuff.

I really don't mind the silly stuff, but I don't like it to run on and on for a dozen or more posts.

Back on topic, I see we have another poster that definitely doesn't want anyone back.

btowncolt
04-04-2006, 07:06 PM
I got Rat's satire.

And I'm not sure when Galen and I were ever "fighting".

I thought we were rough-housing in a loving kind of way.