PDA

View Full Version : Free Yahoo Keeper league

Swingman
04-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Would anyone be interested in a free yahoo keeper league?

* I am looking for a 8 or 9 player league

* League will start October 2006 for the 06-07 season

* First draft is normal with all players in the drafting pool and picks are snaking (ie person with 1st pick in round 1 then gets last pick in round 2).

* There will be a vote for how many NBA players each leaguer can keep for 07-08 season. Also, there will be a vote on whether or not we want one of those keepers to be a sleeper keeper. A sleeper keeper is someone that is ranked in the 06/07 season by yahoo as 175+ but you think is a sleeper and has or will breakout to be a great player. Basically this would make someone like Granger worth holding on your roster so you can use him as your sleeper keeper (although next year he will probably be rated higher so won't qualify) Obviously people can choose players of any rank as their regular keepers.

* Trade Deadline is in early March 2007. If leaguers fail to submit their keeper list by the trade deadline, then I'll assume you're keeping your best players as ranked by yahoo. If players have a career ending injury or retire after the trade deadline, leaguers can select a replacement keeper. I will write down all the keepers for everyone and then when I create a new league the following season, I'll invite everyone back and give them the players they kept and then we'll draft again from the remaining player pool.

*Please make sure you can participate the whole time and be active in the league before emailing me that you want to join. Even though it is free, I want it to be somewhat competitive. A multi-season commitment isn't necessary if you find you want to quit since people can probably be found to take over your team. Although the whole point of a keeper league is multiple seasons ;).

First 7 or 8 to email me at iukreegs@gmail.com and promise to participate for the full season (07/08) will be good to go.

CableKC
04-04-2006, 01:52 PM
I haven't played in a NBA Keeper league before.

How does it work? Do we draft players....but keep a certain # of players from season to season?

Swingman
04-04-2006, 02:42 PM
We would do a regular draft a week or so before the season starts. Everything would be normal the first year. At a specified date (maybe use the trade deadline date or something), people well specify which players they want to keep on their team for the following season. I guess we can vote on how many people want to keep. The more each person keeps, the less talent that will be available in the next season's draft. I was thinking of maybe doing a sleeper keeper where each person can keep one player that is ranked above 200 by yahoo. Kind of a bet on who's gonna breakout next season.

Yahoo doesn't do keeper leagues so I'll have to set up a league each time and invite people back. I can then place the keepers on their respective teams and then we have a draft with the remaining players.

That explain it?

CableKC
04-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Good enough......count me in......you still want a email? Wanna just send me a private message?

Swingman
04-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Email would probably be easiest so I can just contact everyone together once I set up the league. I'll count you in. Just need about 5 more.

Swingman
04-05-2006, 11:03 AM
I have 4 so far including me. Everyone who has emailed me is in. I'm still looking for a few more if there are any more people interested.

Swingman
04-11-2006, 12:14 PM
Anyone else interested?

SwissExpress
04-11-2006, 12:43 PM
I haven't done any fantasy leagues before but it would be good to. I'm in, if there's any places left.

SwissExpress
04-11-2006, 12:48 PM
"Sleeper keeper" - sounds good and reminds of fairy tales :)

Swingman
04-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Send me an email Swiss but make sure you'd be willing to participate for the whole 06-07 season.

Too often there's people in these leagues that sign up for a team but never pay attention to them (ie injured players remain on their active roster).

Edit: Guess you already emailed me. I'll count you in.