PDA

View Full Version : Finals

Mourning
04-03-2006, 04:47 PM
As both game 4s in the Conference Finals were decisive ... here's the Finals thread.

Good luck Tom! :) Just not too much though ;).

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Slick Pinkham
04-05-2006, 03:42 PM
With the Cavs having locked up the 4th seed, it's time to rest LeBron.

:pray:

please?

but not Shaq

Slick Pinkham
04-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Good luck Mourning.

1st deadline is tonight, though neither of us has a Sacramento Kings player and that's the only scores to post tonight.

It should be interesting.

Lots of goofy things happen late in the season with respect to starters resting for the playoffs, so just about anything can happen here.

Anyway, get ready to RUMBLE!!!

:nunchuck:

Slick Pinkham
04-07-2006, 08:48 AM
"Francisco Elson hit 8-of-9 shots for a career-high 21 points and 11 boards on Thursday."

That's Mournings first guy to post a score in game 1.

My first guy had his worst game in MONTHS: "Gerald Wallace hit just 2-of-10 shots on Thursday for six points, five boards and threes steals.
If you benched him this week, you have to feel good about the move after this off night."

(synopsis from rotoworld)

Tonight we fill about half the boxscore.

Slick Pinkham
04-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Mourning,

I went through the box score for all 19 playoff games so far, and if I had played those games head to head against your team, you would have won 8 games and I would have won 11.

As to the real games, if LeBron plays like himself today, I have very little chance in game 1. Wallace, Joe Smith, and big Jake all had very crappy games for me.

Mourning
04-09-2006, 06:35 AM
Well for me Miles, Jamison had quite subpar games and there are only ....guh 17 left for Jefferson, but that's how it goes. Unfortunately Lebron didn't have one of his 65-70 FP games that he's been having the last week.

Anyway, the problem with your team has always been injuries and you knew that. You took the risk and it has paid off quite well for you. I can't complain about my team with regards to injuries, but then again I looked very carefully at which players are pretty durable or IF they had injuries the previous year or the year before that and IF the chance for a new or a repeat of that injury
would be great or not.

I took my chance on Jefferson in that sense and the same with Dalembert. It has more then paid off with Jefferson a little less with Dalembert, but I still think it was a very good pick, because of the position he plays.

Anyway, I think I have a chance in this series, especially if Webber keeps out of games and Wallace doesn't go off for some of those off the chart numbers.

Regards,

Slick Pinkham
04-09-2006, 07:22 AM
Game 1 should be yours UNLESS Jefferson plays not so great and plays a lot of minutes, erasing those great Elson minutes.

Webber has to play for me in this series.

Slick Pinkham
04-10-2006, 12:00 AM
By my math it's 207.7-203 in game 1, I squeak out a win.

I could be wrong, but that's what I calculate.

Mourning
04-10-2006, 07:42 AM
That's what I read aswell. Not unexpected.

I'm seriously considering dropping Bogans from my line up. He's eating up all my guard minutes, vital ones in this series.

Regards,

Slick Pinkham
04-11-2006, 08:40 AM
I have no chance in game 2, due to both Ginobili & Webber sitting.

1-1 series.

Mourning
04-11-2006, 08:52 AM
I dropped Bogans... I'm totally fed up with him eating HALF my guard minutes and giving me between 20-30 points in that. That's just not nearly good enough. I would also like my brother compatriot Francisco Elson making a little less minutes, so he doesn't eat minutes from Dalembert, Rasheed Wallace, Jefferson or Jamison. I want him for the filler minutes NOT for 25+ minutes. But, atleast he's not sucking too much.

I also hope King James gets back to his 60-70 PPG of the last few weeks and Rasheed doesn't **** in my face, but I'm a Pacersfan so with Rasheed playing for me ... he just might :D.

And, for the record, I don't consider it 1-1 yet. I have to see it first before I claim it ;).

Regards,

Slick Pinkham
04-11-2006, 09:40 AM
And, for the record, I don't consider it 1-1 yet. I have to see it first before I claim it ;).

It is theoretically possible that Ben Gordon and Mike Dunleavy fill my 82 minutes and score 75 points or so.

But that would be quite incredible for them.

Oh well... I guess a guy can hope!

P.S. Get well VERY soon Chris Webber!

sweabs
04-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Just read an article on realgm saying Lebron could play less now that they have clinched the 4 seed. Sorry Mourning :(

Mourning
04-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Just read an article on realgm saying Lebron could play less now that they have clinched the 4 seed. Sorry Mourning :(

That would indeed SUCK :(.

Slick Pinkham
04-12-2006, 09:10 AM

Pat Riley has been consistently saying that once the Heat wrap up the #2 seed, Shaq and Wade will get plenty of rest.

edit: The Heat's magic number is now 1 to clinch #2 seed.

I got the feeling that our benches will be battling in out in games 6 and 7, pehaps with unfilled minutes for both of us.

I need Ginobili and Webber to just get healthy and PLAY.

Mourning
04-13-2006, 05:50 AM
"AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- LeBron James hopped on his right foot, sparing his sprained left ankle, and the Cleveland Cavaliers gasped a week before their first playoff appearance since 1998.

The Detroit Pistons were routing the Cavs when their star was hurt"

"James landed awkwardly while being guarded by Tayshaun Prince on a three-point play late in the third quarter, and the MVP candidate knew he was injured right away.

"I just wanted to lie down and see how bad it was," he said."

****!!! And again Detroit has something to do with it :mad: :soapbox:

link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/04/12/cavs.pistons.lebron.ap/index.html

source: CNNSI.com

Regards,

Mourning :uhoh:

Slick Pinkham
04-14-2006, 08:19 AM
"James landed awkwardly while being guarded by Tayshaun Prince on a three-point play late in the third quarter, and the MVP candidate knew he was injured right away.
:uhoh:

Tough break for you. I sincerely hope that he comes back for you in game 5. I'd prefer to win games by playing well and beating my opponent at full strength.

At least the fact that he missed the 4th quarter of game 3 didn't hurt you really, since I had the game wrapped up. Game 4 is going to be very hard for you to win without James, though.

Slick Pinkham
04-15-2006, 11:08 AM
Just for fun I played around with the game 4 boxscore and discovered that if LeBron had his season average game (43 min, 55 FP) then I still would have won by 13 points.

That means that a 70 point LeBron game in 43 minutes would have given you the win. A tall task, but certainly possible.

Other people like Jefferson are letting you down a little, requiring that you get a huge LeBron game to get into the 220s.

The Heat clinched #2 seed and Riley vows to rest Shaq some the last 3 games. Maybe Doleac can fill in with Big Jake. Also rotoworld says "There's a decent chance he (Gerald Wallace) won't play again this season.

I need just one more win...

Mourning
04-17-2006, 10:13 AM
GAME OVER!!! :arrgh: