PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins (Artest)

FreshPrince22
04-03-2006, 04:02 AM
Artest Says Kings' Offense Needs To Run Through Him
3rd April, 2006 - 3:16 am
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/39822/20060403/artest_says_kings_offense_needs_to_run_through_him/

Chicago Tribune - Ron Artest says the Kings need to change their offense to run it through him. Said Artest: "I'm able to free people up, create those double and triple teams. And even if I take a bad shot, I look at myself (like) a Kobe (Bryant) or a Tim Duncan or a Michael Jordan taking a bad shot. You live with it."

:laugh:

rexnom
04-03-2006, 04:04 AM
Artest Says Kings' Offense Needs To Run Through Him
3rd April, 2006 - 3:16 am
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/39822/20060403/artest_says_kings_offense_needs_to_run_through_him/

:laugh:

I wanna laugh but I feel bad for Sac fans bc seemingly all their players have now are thinking "if Ron can be Kobe, why can't I?"

Kingsfanbmiller
04-03-2006, 04:14 AM
He's a beast in the post(when he decides to post up). He's the only guy on our team who can usually get double or tripple teams and when he does he finds the open guy. In a sense he's right I guess. I still dislike his shot selection, but oh well. I've figured out that you gotta take the good with the bad...

Evan_The_Dude
04-03-2006, 04:18 AM
He's a beast in the post(when he decides to post up). He's the only guy on our team who can usually get double or tripple teams and when he does he finds the open guy. In a sense he's right I guess. I still dislike his shot selection, but oh well. I've figured out that you gotta take the good with the bad...

:laugh: I didn't want to laugh, but I just had to. Taking the good with the bad nearly crapped out 2 seasons for us. I laugh because I'm just so happy he's someone elses problem now. Too bad Sacramento is the victim though, I actually like the Kings a lot.

Eindar
04-03-2006, 04:38 AM
Where are all the Kings fans now who said it'd be cool now that he's somewhere where the fans appreciate him? I made a special plate of hot, steaming crow for all of you! And the worst part about it is, he always starts off small, by the start of next season, he'll be telling you he's the best player on the team, and since he shoots less than Kobe, Adelman isn't using him correctly, and he wants traded.

Now that I'm done gloating, it's a little sickening. I figured Ron would eventually do something stupid, but I figured it would be at the end of next season or the start of the season after that. It's been, what, 2 months, almost?

Kingsfanbmiller
04-03-2006, 05:57 AM
But he didn't say he needs to shoot more. When he gets the ball he DOES get double/tripple teams and he does make the pass that gets the open shot. It's funny because when the kings were winning, Ron would draw double teams and find the open man. When we were losing he was shooting a lot of jumpshots and nobody on the whole team was passing the ball. So yeah, it's funny because he's actually kind of right.

Anyways, I'm probably done arguing this because I know he screwed over Indy, I know you pacer fans hate him. I know most of you hate the kings now(because Ron is here), and I know you want to find things wrong with him(and unfortunately, there probably will be a lot of things going wrong with him but oh well, I can't do anything about it).

Kstat
04-03-2006, 06:04 AM
You can't argue that Sacramento isn't a much better team now than they were before the trade.

Obviously, that all can change in a heartbeat, but it hasn't yet.

DisplacedKnick
04-03-2006, 06:57 AM
You can't argue that Sacramento isn't a much better team now than they were before the trade.

Obviously, that all can change in a heartbeat, but it hasn't yet.

Can't argue with that but that isn't the key question. Actually there are two key questions:

1. Is Artest taking the meds that have been prescribed for him so he can control his emotions?

2. Is Artest attending his therapy sessions?

If the answer to either of those questions is no, then it's not a matter of if, but when.

And how and why and what the overall impact will be and ...

Kings fans have an interesting future to look forward to. I wish them luck with that.

ChicagoJ
04-03-2006, 11:11 AM
I was just thinking its been 6-8 weeks since Ron has done something stupid, so he's just about due to pull off one of his stunts, even if its just a minor one.

Shade
04-03-2006, 11:24 AM
This will be nothing compared to what he does in a few months (weeks?).

Knucklehead Warrior
04-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Anyways, I'm probably done arguing this because I know he screwed over Indy, I know you pacer fans hate him. I know most of you hate the kings now(because Ron is here), and I know you want to find things wrong with him(and unfortunately, there probably will be a lot of things going wrong with him but oh well, I can't do anything about it).
We would really prefer he melted down to verify our feelings about him and to get revenge on his self indulgence at our expense. So take that into consideration when we talk about him "fondly". My personal opinion of the Kings hasn't changed, except that I expect you will know our sorrow.

CableKC
04-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Although it is easy to say, "I told you so" to the Kings.........let's not forget that we not only lost the entire season series to the Hawks.....we are 3-7 during the last 10 games when things really matter for us during the Playoffs.

Los Angeles
04-03-2006, 12:31 PM
:laugh: I didn't want to laugh, but I just had to. Taking the good with the bad nearly crapped out 2 seasons for us. I laugh because I'm just so happy he's someone elses problem now. Too bad Sacramento is the victim though, I actually like the Kings a lot.
Ditto on every word.

piksi
04-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Well, we still hope tha this season will end "normal." It will be a long summer.

BTW - we were aware that something like this would happen at some point. As long as he just talks - I couldn't care less. He ha been playing hard so far. Not smart but hard.

RWB
04-03-2006, 01:07 PM
BTW - we were aware that something like this would happen at some point. As long as he just talks - I couldn't care less. He ha been playing hard so far. Not smart but hard.

And, if I'm not mistaken I believe your team is winning. Something the PAcers haven't had much luck in doing lately.

PacerMan
04-03-2006, 02:13 PM
It NEVER was about whether we'd win more games with Ron or without. Nobody ever questioned his abilities.
It's the INTANGIBLES that were ALWAYS in question. And still are.

piksi
04-03-2006, 03:03 PM
And, if I'm not mistaken I believe your team is winning. Something the PAcers haven't had much luck in doing lately.

like I said - we are very happy at the moment

Jaydawg2270
04-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Artest took 28 shots last night it already pretty much runs through him

piksi
04-03-2006, 03:26 PM
24 but who is counting;)

Lord Helmet
04-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I don't know what the hell Ron's talking about.

He is also basically the PG for the team too.

PaceBalls
04-03-2006, 05:09 PM

The thing is Ron is totally right, he is the best player on the team and the offense should run through him. This isn't the bad... we've seen the bad and trust me, this isn't it. This is Ron trying to make himself the focal point of the team, and hell, he should be. Whether or not its from a ego based mentality, it doesn't matter. The Kings will win more games running the offence through Ron.

Shade
04-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Before the last game, Ron was shooting...what...less than 25% for the previous 5 or so games?

If he wants more touches, he should learn to make more shots.

btowncolt
04-03-2006, 05:24 PM
:wave:

Seed
04-03-2006, 05:40 PM
The thing is Ron is totally right, he is the best player on the team and the offense should run through him. This isn't the bad... we've seen the bad and trust me, this isn't it. This is Ron trying to make himself the focal point of the team, and hell, he should be. Whether or not its from a ego based mentality, it doesn't matter. The Kings will win more games running the offence through Ron.

Maybe, but it would take a real genious to try and become more involved in the offense game by talking to the press about it. Not to mention comparing himself to Jordan. Not to mention he just arrived to the team after being traded for his skillful words selection during interviews.
What a guy.
Anyway I wish luck to Sacto. Really do.

CableKC
04-03-2006, 06:00 PM
I guess I can agree with that a little.......Artest should be the #1 scoring option ( cuz of his low post...inside/out offensive game )....Bibby a very close #2 scoring option ( both flip flopping depending on who is hot and cold ) and any combination of Miller/Bonzi/KMartin should be the #3 scoring options ( depending on who is the open and who is defending them ).

But given Artest's gift for speech and how to interpret what he says....is he saying that he should be the #1 scoring option? (where he is the clear cut #1 option but taking about 15 to 20 FGA per game while sharing the ball)

or

Is he talking about taking as many shots as Kobe? ( as in what Kobe does when he dominates the ball completely for the entire game taking about 26 to 30+ FGA per game )

Cuz there is a difference in how Kobe, Duncan and Jordan were used in their respective team. Kobe completely dominates the ball....Duncan is the #1 option but not much ahead of Manu or Parker in the offensive pecking order....and Jordan is inbetween both.

PaceBalls
04-03-2006, 06:26 PM
I don't think he was talkin about shooting 26 times. He was talkin about touches and having the offense run through him. thats how interpreted it.

BlueNGold
04-03-2006, 06:36 PM

The first stage is denial.

Evan_The_Dude
04-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Artest is probably right, but he's again wrong in the way he's going about expressing those feelings. I would have thought he'd learned something from going public about his trade demand instead of doing it privately. But I guess not.

Well, we still hope tha this season will end "normal." It will be a long summer.

There's one thing you should never forget about Artest. He's a damn great player, but he has a history of hurting a team in more ways than anyone else in history ever has... Physically, verbally, and mentally. Until proven otherwise, I don't see anything that can be done to avoid anything he can do to hurt his team. He'll just come out and do the most unexpected things and leave you in awe. Treat him like you'd treat a girl that you just want sex with and nothing else.... Enjoy him while he's on your team, but don't fall in love.

DeAthrow
04-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Treat him like you'd treat a girl that you just want sex with and nothing else.... Enjoy him while he's on your team, but don't fall in love.

:lol:

You mind if I use it as a signature?

pizza guy
04-03-2006, 10:06 PM
The title of this thread is all that really needs to be said. Today, it's this, and tomorrow it's that, and then next month it's something you would never imagine.

"And so it begins"

Kegboy
04-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Uh, maybe I missed something. Who's this Artest fellow? Is he some college kid?

:confused:

Tim
04-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Ron artest is no longer our problem.

SamBear
04-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Quote:

Chicago Tribune - Ron Artest says the Kings need to change their offense to run it through him. Said Artest: "I'm able to free people up, create those double and triple teams. And even if I take a bad shot, I look at myself (like) a Kobe (Bryant) or a Tim Duncan or a Michael Jordan taking a bad shot. You live with it."
:jawdrop: :dunce:

:-o :crazy:

:mygod: :mygod: :mygod:

:shakehead :shakehead

:notlisten

N8R
04-04-2006, 01:39 PM
So who had April 3rd In the Pool?? Anyone cause claim your prize.

The destruction of Sac has officially Begun

Next Michael Jordan. I will never write nor say the name Artest after this post because that is soo offensive to me that he thinks he is a Michael Jordan. What a dumb ****

VF21
04-06-2006, 03:09 AM
Sorry to disappoint those of you who are apparently waiting with baited breath for Ron to screw us, but those comments were taken out of context AND were originally part of an article in the Sacramento Bee more than a week ago...

Ron said the offense needs to run through him more because he - much like Miller - can draw defenders AND create shots for their teammates.

But feel free to keep hoping for the worst.

I'm still happy with what he brought to my beloved Kings. If it all blows up tomorrow, it will still be worth it. The whole attitude of my team is back to being competitive, aggressive, and goal-oriented. That had disappeared and Peja's continual sulking like someone had run over his puppy was really depressing.

Most of you told us never to pay attention to anything Ron said or anything that was attributed to him. Seems like you should be listening to your own advice.

Peace...

Kstat
04-06-2006, 03:20 AM
point goes to VF21, at least for now..

Unclebuck
04-06-2006, 09:00 AM
Sorry to disappoint those of you who are apparently waiting with baited breath for Ron to screw us, but those comments were taken out of context AND were originally part of an article in the Sacramento Bee more than a week ago...

Ron said the offense needs to run through him more because he - much like Miller - can draw defenders AND create shots for their teammates.

I'm still happy with what he brought to my beloved Kings. If it all blows up tomorrow, it will still be worth it. The whole attitude of my team is back to being competitive, aggressive, and goal-oriented. That had disappeared and Peja's continual sulking like someone had run over his puppy was really depressing.

Most of you told us never to pay attention to anything Ron said or anything that was attributed to him. Seems like you should be listening to your own advice.

Peace...

I agree, but you have to understand that most Pacers fans are salivating at the idea that Ron will screw up.

Hicks
04-06-2006, 09:55 AM
I see a cycle. We've seen their honeymoon. We've seen the first waive of "He said that?" and "STOP TAKING SO MANY SHOTS". Now we're back to "he's worth the trouble". I fear for them, knowing what comes next.

Unclebuck
04-06-2006, 09:58 AM
I see a cycle. We've seen their honeymoon. We've seen the first waive of "He said that?" and "STOP TAKING SO MANY SHOTS". Now we're back to "he's worth the trouble". I fear for them, knowing what comes next.

See I never moved to the stage after "he's worth the trouble"

BlueNGold
04-06-2006, 10:42 PM

Peace...

The reality is that both teams came out way ahead here.

I think Sacramento came out way ahead in the short term and bought Ron on clearance. Sacramento is a new team with Artest. Even if he blows up, they will get some useful life out of him....and he has yet to wear out his welcome. The truth is, Sacramento needed a change and it was a good fit.

I think Indiana came out way ahead from a long term perspective. Short term the team is down because of injuries (JO, Cro, Tinsley, FJ, Foster, Pollard) AND personnel losses (Reggie, Dale Davis, JB and Artest). There just have been too many losses. ...but none of this changes the fact that Peja has been a huge plus....while sadly, Ron was worth nothing...or more accurately, subtracted from the Pacers if he had stayed.

As for Ron blowing up, I do think he will blow up sometime soon, but I am only interested in when and how it will happen, not whether it will happen. ...and most Indy fans don't have animosity toward Sacramento re: the trade...if anything we respect the franchise, love the fans...but we do fear for them just a little. Now, if Ron were a Knick or Piston, it would matter to us. We would hate to play against him AND would be praying for him to explode.

Jermaniac
04-06-2006, 10:44 PM
I agree, but you have to understand that most Pacers fans are salivating at the idea that Ron will screw up.I for one cant wait till he screws up, I want to laugh at someone too. Everybody laughed at us when Ron was screwing up, I want to laugh a little.

Eindar
04-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Why was my post deleted again?

ChicagoJ
04-06-2006, 10:48 PM
We decided to clean up the entire Kobe Bryant discussion.

brichard
04-07-2006, 01:14 AM
With Artest, you can't help but watch. :lurk:

And much like a Rodman, Mad Max, Rasheed... it is a matter of when, not if.

I don't have anything against the Kings or their fans. So, my feelings towards you are fine.

But with Ron, we are talking about a guy who screwed our team for 3 straight years. I could not look at you with a straight face and tell you I wish the best for him and hope he wins several championships. I want him to fail in the worst way out of penance for being such a destructive force for a long time.

I could have lived with the brawl to an extent. Sure, it killed Reggie's year, but I blame much of that on the excessive suspensions levied by Stern. But what he did this year was just unforgiveable to me as a fan. He asked for a trade in the beginning on the season and blew up the franchise that stood by him in his time of need. The way he went about things was very selfish and uncalled for.

So as long as he is on your team, I will revel at his defeats.

Evan_The_Dude
04-07-2006, 01:26 AM
The thing is, even if Ron does just fine for now, you guys still better trade him (while he has value) before he becomes a free-agent. Because you know he aint stayin. Unfortunately, 3 years of following him tells me that he won't make it to free agency without doing or saying something outrageously stupid. This coming from a non-Artest hater...