FINAL
:hornets: 83
:heat: 87

TheSauceMaster
04-30-2004, 09:56 PM
Heat are a horriable road team as proven in games 3-4

Shade
04-30-2004, 09:58 PM
Yeah, this is far from over, but right now, Miami is in the driver's seat. I'll be surprised if it doesn't go the full 7. Looks like the home team will win every game. :laugh:

Kegboy
04-30-2004, 10:42 PM
Yeah, this is far from over, but right now, Miami is in the driver's seat. I'll be surprised if it doesn't go the full 7. Looks like the home team will win every game. :laugh:

Agreed.

This was the first non-Pacers playoff game I've watched from buzzer to buzzer, and I came away pretty damn confident. The main thing with Miami is we're gonna have to stay true to our defensive assignments, cause they get alot off of dribble-penetration and back door stuff.

The thing is, they're just horrible defensively. Yeah, I know that's hard to say, especially in a 87-83 game, but some of the mistakes they made on D were just mind-boggling. And the fact that N.O. couldn't capitalize was stupifying.

I could just imagine JVG watching this game, and saying, "Stan gets to advance in the playoffs with THAT?!! Life's just not fair!"

If we don't advance in 5, we're in trouble.

beast23
05-01-2004, 12:16 AM
I'd just as soon the series go the full 7 games.

NJ - Detroit will start before our series with Miami / New Orleans. The way I figure, that series will go 6 - 7 games and they will absolutely beat the hell out of each other.

I would like to see the Pacers win their round 2 in 4-5 games and for it to end about the same time that the NJ-Detroit 6-7 game series ends.

That way, we would be relatively fresh coming off an easier series of 4-5 games compared to NJ / Detroit coming off a very physical and competitive series of 6-7 games.

Make sense?

Slick Pinkham
05-01-2004, 10:34 AM
The thing is, they're just horrible defensively. Yeah, I know that's hard to say, especially in a 87-83 game, but some of the mistakes they made on D were just mind-boggling. And the fact that N.O. couldn't capitalize was stupifying.

Statistically speaking, for the season they actually play better defense than the Pacers, at least in field goal percentage allowed.

That they could not stop even a hobbled Baron Davis from penetrating was surprising.

I don't think that they are playing D as well as they were a few weeks ago.

grace
05-01-2004, 12:27 PM
I could just imagine JVG watching this game, and saying, "Stan gets to advance in the playoffs with THAT?!! Life's just not fair!"

:rotflmao: