PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Thread:Pacers @ Bucks

Jermaniac
04-01-2006, 11:52 PM
JO 5 damn shots in the 2nd half, five. Says alot about how we tryed to involve the guy who scored 17 in the first half.

I dont care what anyone says Jasikavicus taking those 4-5 straight shots lost us the game, what was sad was that he was wide open on all of them.

Jermaniac
04-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Ohh and a key stat in the first half was we only shot 4 three's we moved the ball and got to the basket.

2nd half 15 damn 3 point shots, horrible.

Ragnar
04-01-2006, 11:57 PM
Anyone notice how much better Sarunas played when he was in at the POINT and AJ played when he was at the 2. Its amazing since Sarunas is a point guard NOT A SHOOTING GUARD and AJ is a 2 and NOT A PG.

Hicks
04-02-2006, 12:01 AM
They played a lot better tonight than Thursday. A lot better.

JO didn't shoot much in the second half, but he got touches and he made more passes. He had a very nice passing game (including 5 assists). He also was more aggressive blocking shots tonight (he had 4).

So yeah, another loss, but I'm not that upset, and I don't mean it in an apathetic sort of way.

Jermaniac
04-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Ohh yeah Stephen, please hurry the hell back. I beg you.

317Kim
04-02-2006, 12:04 AM
Runi is SOO much better at the point. JO was fire that first half and lack of touching the ball kind of made it seem like he faded. He had some nifty passes inside to Feisty and Peja too.

By the numbers:
5 shots were missed by JO while he made 11. 5 threes were made although 19 were attempted. 4 game losing streak. 3 threes that Fred made. 3 threes that Runi missed. 2 games under .500. 2 TOs for the Bucks. 2nd game that Fred has started. 1 game that Jack has missed all season.

Jermaniac
04-02-2006, 12:08 AM
No one on our team rotates on defense. Everyone of our guards keeps getting beat off the dribble and JO goes to help out and no one ever picks up his man. You can see on the court that its pissing him off, the rebounding problems are not his fault. Some people are actually blaming him for this stuff, its not him.

When Fiesty and Pollard started they rebounded better cause thats all they did rebound they almost never went for a block like JO does.

Fireball Kid
04-02-2006, 12:10 AM
So we lost, eh? Figures.

Will Galen
04-02-2006, 12:13 AM
Redd was hitting everything. I agree with Hicks, this one didn't bother me that much.

317Kim
04-02-2006, 12:13 AM
When I hoped for a playoff push, I hope that we'd push TOWARDS the playoffs not AWAY from it. :sigh:

Jermaniac
04-02-2006, 12:15 AM
Redd was hitting everything. I agree with Hicks, this one didn't bother me that much.Really need Jack tonight against Redd, if anything Jack's lenght would have bothered Redd.

Aw Heck
04-02-2006, 12:15 AM
Well, Pacers are 35-37 and on a 4 game losing streak. The last win streak was a 2 game win streak a month ago.

At least we'll have a decent draft pick this summer. :shrug:

Jermaniac
04-02-2006, 12:17 AM
Are you serious we havent had a 2 game win streak in almost 2 months. AMAZING.

Aw Heck
04-02-2006, 12:19 AM
Are you serious we havent had a 2 game win streak in almost 2 months. AMAZING.
I checked again and they actually had another 2 game win streak after that against the Nets on Feb 26 and the Wizards on March 1. So actually just one month. But that's still not good.

indytoad
04-02-2006, 01:17 AM
Meh.

Second line.

IndyToad
There was a game tonight?

Raskolnikov
04-02-2006, 01:42 AM
We're now 35-37. Chicago is 33-40. Next game: vs. Chi on tuesday.

We could still miss the playoffs, but it will be hard.

sweabs
04-02-2006, 01:53 AM
Meh.

Second line.

IndyToad
There was a game tonight?

:laugh:

Pretty much. Unfortunately, the NCAA games were just as bad. Brutal night altogether.

blow
04-02-2006, 02:42 AM
Wow. Jammal and JO commit 11 (!!!) turnovers in one game, and it's nothing. For Jammal (7 turnovers) - it's disguisting. He would be benched for half a year in other leagues.

Jose Slaughter
04-02-2006, 04:04 AM
Wow. Jammal and JO commit 11 (!!!) turnovers in one game, and it's nothing. For Jammal (7 turnovers) - it's disguisting. He would be benched for half a year in other leagues.

But he only plays half a year to begin with!

Evan_The_Dude
04-02-2006, 04:16 AM
But he only plays half a year to begin with!

Zing!

Big Smooth
04-02-2006, 07:23 AM
It is all good as long as we trade JO. He has talent but a clear fakeness about him.

J_2_Da_IzzO
04-02-2006, 07:40 AM
We need to play a few games where Rick tells the team to stop attempting three point attempts as much as they do. I would like to see a few games by us where we only attempt a maximum of 10 and see how the game pans out.

It seems we only win games when we are shooting good from three point range which is very rarely and we lose all others when we are like 4-23 from the arc.

And JO had a great game yet the trade JO people are still out.

dryles
04-02-2006, 10:33 AM
posted by Jermaniac
"When Fiesty and Pollard started they rebounded better cause thats all they did rebound they almost never went for a block like JO does."

Hmmm....and the results were?<!-- / message -->

Antonio
04-02-2006, 10:45 AM
A win 93-85 against the Pistons which we outrebounded 55-49

Beowulfas
04-02-2006, 10:53 AM
People, You are too hard on Your team.
Milwaukee played at home, they are on a hot shooting run, even against Detroit they shot 50+% 3-pointers.
Maybe the defence wasn't outstanding, but come on, Bucks were hitting all they could, all the couldn't, all contested shots, all open shots. Give a credit to Redd and Bucks overall.

I saw more positive than negative today.
In the first half Pacers were playing good team basketball.
No shots forcing, no one was trying to score himself, a lot of good passes by Sarunas, AJ. It was nice to see JO dominating his defenders so easily.

Come on, this team really has 4 people, who can shoot from long range.
Peja, SJ, Jones and Runi. One was out, two were off.
Redd was hitting some well contested shots. And Bucks are on hot streak, playing home.

I do not understand, why Runi sat whole 3rd quarter, afer playing magnificiently in the 2nd.
And why JO received so few balls after the break.
Of course Bucks moved defencively closer to the basket, closing JO and forcing Indiana make long shots, which, unfortunately, did not go in.

Runi should more organise and pass, not shoot.
AJ is OK. Tinsley must be traded, loves having ball doing nothing and loves streetball features as hitting Kukoc in the back and getting another TO for stepping the line before catching the ball again.
Jones - hm, I did not see his 'jump then pass' feature, so guess he was good today.
Granger is somehow shy or something, although made several nice plays. Seems to be hard working at defence.
Foster, Pollard - ok.
JO - superb. Do not expect him to win alone, but he was very good today not only at making points, he made some very good passes. Willing to defend, to block, to score, to lead - I see no shotcomings.
Why are You angry, when he discusses fouls with refs? His foul on Bogut was VERY, VERY questionable. Yelling at Foster I do not know, was he blocking and getting a foul on his man, or Fosters? Foster somewhy was nowhere around,
And Harrison must be taken to psycologist. He has something to fear him when he is near basket. But bad at defence, compared with Foster or Pollard. Wrong decisions, what to do, does not cotrol his body well, quectionable coordination. And this all time frustration, I do not think it helps much his game.

If I have 240 minutes to split and the 7th playoff series game to come, from several games I saw this season, minutes go like this
Runi - 30, AJ - 18 at PG
SJ - 30 at SG, Jones 18 at SG
Peja - 30 at SF, Granger 18 at SF
JO - 35 at PF, Granger 13 ar PF
Foster 35, Pollard 13 at C

hoopsforlife
04-02-2006, 11:04 AM
I do not understand, why Runi sat whole 3rd quarter, afer playing magnificiently in the 2nd.
And why JO received so few balls after the break.

Doesn't this answer itself?

Seed
04-02-2006, 11:34 AM
The Bucks broke a NBA record with only 2 turnovers.
Aw.... the heck with it.

Antonio
04-02-2006, 11:45 AM
I saw more positive than negative today.
In the first half Pacers were playing good team basketball.

At Miami too, we play as NBA championship contender in those first halfs, I don't understand what happens during half time... We play with aggressiveness, there is a lot of player movement and ball movement, we find open shots to lead before wanting to controle the game playing only on half court and forcing shots at the end of every ball possession...to lose... :mad:

hoopsforlife
04-02-2006, 11:51 AM
The Bucks broke a NBA record with only 2 turnovers.
Aw.... the heck with it.

That is solely because of our dominating West Coast Defense.

Seed
04-02-2006, 12:24 PM
That is solely because of our dominating West Coast Defense.
We should be fighting for each ball right now. Instead we let them set a NBA record. This drives me nuts. If I was Rick, why.... oh I don't know.

Jermaniac
04-02-2006, 01:10 PM
It is all good as long as we trade JO. He has talent but a clear fakeness about him.Yeah fakeness, lay picking this team up on its back and carrying it. He played his heart out last night and none of our players helped him. Peja has a clear faneness about him too, he tends to not show up to important games.