PDA

View Full Version : Do we want NJ or Miami in the playoffs?

Pacersfan.
04-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Well, there's only a few games left till the moment of truth. I somehow doubt we make it up the 5th seed and play Cleveland so I'm leaving them off. So will the 6th or 7th seed be better for the Pacers? NJ is on a 10 games winning streak and Miami's dealing with injuries. I think we have beat NJ 2 out of 3 meeting this year, and we've done pretty well against the Heat as always.

I personally feel much safer going up against Miami. I really doubt the 8th seed will catch up with us cause all those teams down there look like they really want to play Detroit. This game with MIlwaukee will be critical in deciding the Pacers fate. I love my Pacers, but I'm kind of hoping they lose this game so they can stay in the seventh spot. So discuss your preference.

Kaufman
04-01-2006, 05:09 PM
I don't think I want playoffs...

I don't think we'll learn anything from them - I'd like to break this group up as soon as the first possible opportunity presents. I don't think its helpful for the youngins to play more games, I don't think its healthy for their minds to play. I know I'll be called crazy and other names but this is my opinion. When seemingly the team and coach have collectively "given up", I don't think its a healthy thing for them to continue to play.

I think we'll get more attention albeit negative, from not being in the playoffs.

I know, I know, we're a lock at the playoffs, but this is my opinion.

SoupIsGood
04-01-2006, 05:14 PM
I want DEEEEEETROITTTT

Fireball Kid
04-01-2006, 07:04 PM
We might as well get out asses kicked by the best team in the EC. So I choose Detroit.

Jermaniac
04-01-2006, 07:14 PM
The Heat, if Tinsley doesnt start thinking he is Allen Iverson against then in the 3rd qtr. We go 3-0 vs the Heat. We seem to play good against them. I wouldnt mind playing the Nets either, they have no one to guard JO, they are winning a crap load of games right now but its a different story in the playoffs.

Suaveness
04-01-2006, 07:34 PM
Does it really ****ing matter?

Kegboy
04-01-2006, 07:40 PM
NJ, because I want to see how Peja matches up against RJeff.

:privatepollboo:

grace
04-01-2006, 08:08 PM
Had anyone bothered to ask me before they clinched a playoff spot I would have told you I don't want either of them to be in the playoffs. I thought I'd rather have the Hawks make the playoffs, but considering they beat us 4 times this year, maybe Miami isn't so bad after all.

Oh, you meant who would I rather the Pacers play. In that case my opinion is I don't have an opinion.

jcouts
04-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Miami...I never want to see Jason Kidd in a playoff series again in this lifetime, unless he's on the Pacers. I don't care if he is 40.

CableKC
04-01-2006, 09:22 PM
The correct poll question is whether you would want the Heat or the Pistons.

We're not gonna get the 6th spot with the way we are playing. With that said.....I want the Pistons.....we get a higher draft pick ( like it matters ) and we get to go out in a blaze of glory against the best team in the East.

Slick Pinkham
04-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Miami...I never want to see Jason Kidd in a playoff series again in this lifetime, unless he's on the Pacers. I don't care if he is 40.

NJ...I never want to see Shaq in a playoff series again in this lifetime, unless he's on the Pacers. I don't care if he is fat.

HulkSmash!
04-01-2006, 10:11 PM
Neither team worried me much. Shaq\'s turned into a big fat hasbeen, Miami\'s basically a 1-man team. Sorry but the possibility of playing a team in which Jason \"White Trash\" Williams and Antoine Walker are two of it\'s best players doesn\'t exactly keep me up at night.

The Nets have the worst interior defense in the history of the league. David Harrison and Jermaine O\'Neal could combine to score 60 a game on that frontline.

Pacers would beat either team with relative ease, so I\'ll go with the Heat just because I dislike them more.

CableKC
04-02-2006, 03:20 AM
Neither team worried me much. Shaq\'s turned into a big fat hasbeen, Miami\'s basically a 1-man team. Sorry but the possibility of playing a team in which Jason \"White Trash\" Williams and Antoine Walker are two of it\'s best players doesn\'t exactly keep me up at night.

The Nets have the worst interior defense in the history of the league. David Harrison and Jermaine O\'Neal could combine to score 60 a game on that frontline.

Pacers would beat either team with relative ease, so I\'ll go with the Heat just because I dislike them more.
I do admire your enthusiasm......but are you watching the Pacers, Heat and Nets team that inhabit our universe....or are you watching a Pacer, Heat and Nets team in a parellel universe where the Pacers have won 3 championships?

I would like to believe that we are that good and that the Heat and Nets aren't....but there is a reason why we are in backing into the 7th spot in the East. The current roster of players just aren't that good.

waterjater
04-02-2006, 06:30 AM
We don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Water

Big Smooth
04-02-2006, 07:07 AM
The Heat, if Tinsley doesnt start thinking he is Allen Iverson against then in the 3rd qtr. We go 3-0 vs the Heat. We seem to play good against them. I wouldnt mind playing the Nets either, they have no one to guard JO, they are winning a crap load of games right now but its a different story in the playoffs.

The Pacers won't beat anybody in the first round the way they are playing. It is more a game of pick your poison. The Pacers will not beat any team in a best of 7. And as such, I refuse to spend one bloody dollar on them this season.

Big Smooth
04-02-2006, 07:08 AM

You need to connect with reality. You do not understand the game at all.

Mourning
04-02-2006, 09:55 AM
You need to connect with reality. You do not understand the game at all.

Aggreed! Anyway, I would rather play the Heat. We play better against them then New Jersey, besides we are going to be sooo killed by their guards it won't even be fun to watch.

Either way if we keep playing like we are doing now, we:

1) shouldn't even be in the play-offs and
2) will get sweeped or at best get one game against either the Heat or Nets.

The only reason I want the team to make the play-offs is to make sure Granger, Harrison and Runi get some of that play-offs experience under their belt.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

rexnom
04-02-2006, 10:29 AM
The only reason I want the team to make the play-offs is to make sure Granger, Harrison and Runi get some of that play-offs experience under their belt.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

I really don't get this.

I agree with your general sentiment (even though I think our big guys will kill NJ) and I completely agree that something past the first round is probably unrealistic at this point but still...the main reason I want the team to make the playoffs is to win games. When did we start turning on this team so much that there is apathy? I want us to win as many games as possible! To me everything else is second...isn't that the way it is supposed to be? Am I understanding something wrong here?

p.s. I think this van Nistelrooy-led Dutch team has the best chance to unseat Brazil come Cup-time this summer

Roaming Gnome
04-02-2006, 11:23 AM
Play-offs....Play-offs?!? We'll be lucky to win another game. If the play-offs were a house, we would sure be using the back door!

hoopsforlife
04-02-2006, 11:33 AM
My personal preference is the Trailblazers. Its the only way we are going to win a game in the playoffs playing the way we are right now.

That said my next choice is Detroit. Our guys seem to play well against them and it would bring a little life back into the NBA for me again. Right now it depressing to watch these guys limp into the off season. :(

Shade
04-02-2006, 02:02 PM
I said from the get-go I would prefer NJ, and I hold to that.

Right now, however, that looks like a pipe dream. We may not even make the playoffs.

Sollozzo
04-02-2006, 02:22 PM
It doesn't matter. Both will beat us without much problem.

Fireball Kid
04-02-2006, 03:26 PM

This is a joke, right?

Doug in CO
04-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Not sure I can vote on this as I am beginning to think we will not even make the playoffs.

And that may be just the thing to force movement.

J_2_Da_IzzO
04-02-2006, 04:30 PM
I want to play Miami ahead of NJ.

Against NJ Tinsley and Jackson might go into a one on one duel with Kidd and Carter and I really dont fancy there chances at all whereas Wade doesnt have particularly big games against our guys and with Zo out the best player they got off bench is Antoine...lol.

Sollozzo
04-02-2006, 04:48 PM

:lol2:

OnlyPacersLeft
04-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Heat....nets I wouldn't mind either....I think we show up. I really do! btw if it's Miami I might be able to go see a few games! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO :)