PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think the Pacers should keep?

Will Galen
03-31-2006, 11:00 PM
I keep reading peoples opinions on who the Pacers should keep for next year. So I thought we should have a poll on it.

This is a public poll, and you can of course choose as many as you like.

Jermaniac
03-31-2006, 11:02 PM
Jermaine,Danny,Hulk,Peja

Tinsley................

ChicagoJ
03-31-2006, 11:11 PM
Rifleman.

sunsun
03-31-2006, 11:14 PM
danny, jeff foster ,peja,pollad,fred jones.......

Jermaniac
03-31-2006, 11:25 PM
Ohh and how did I forget Fiesty Foster, he has to stay. Hardest worker on the team.

sweabs
03-31-2006, 11:35 PM
I'd only be REAL upset if we traded Danny.

I like a bunch of the other guys, but if it's for the good of the team then so be it. But Danny must stay...

sunsun
03-31-2006, 11:46 PM
I'd only be REAL upset if we traded Danny.

I like a bunch of the other guys, but if it's for the good of the team then so be it. But Danny must stay...

yea,i agree with you......if somebody wants to trade Danny,he must be mind!!

SoupIsGood
04-01-2006, 12:18 AM
Wow, I'm the only one that voted for Gill?

Evan_The_Dude
04-01-2006, 12:23 AM
I'm real surprised Jack only got one vote. I didn't vote for the coaching or personel because by default we know Bird and Walsh will be here, and I'm 50/50 on the coaching staff.

Jermaniac
04-01-2006, 12:35 AM
7 votes too many for Ricky.

Kaufman
04-01-2006, 12:36 AM
Nice poll idea Will.

Aw Heck
04-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Players I definitely want back: Granger, Foster

Players I'd like to be back, but wouldn't mind being traded to help improve the team: Stojakovic, O'Neal, Johnson, Jasikevicius, Croshere, Harrison, Pollard, Jones

Players I want to be gone: Jackson, Tinsley, Gill

Carlisle deserves one more season with a mostly new and mostly healthy roster full of players. If he can't get it done next season, his contract's up and he can be let go. Who knows, maybe there will be more of a selection of coaching candidates available next summer, if we have to search for a new coach.

Arcadian
04-01-2006, 01:16 AM
I've always felt I'd trade anyone if it makes the team better. And I'm too nice to say who I think needs to go. (Hint--A small foward known for shooting and back trouble and never played for the Kings. Maybe, I'm just kidding.) I just voted for the people I still believe in.

McKeyFan
04-01-2006, 01:17 AM
Just wondering. What is the precedent for a major overhaul?

Can it really be done? Is there such a thing as trading all but three or four players? Don't contracts and salary issues forbid such a drastic move?

I really would like to know. Otherwise, all this talk about trading more than half the team is just that. Talk.

Kaufman
04-01-2006, 01:18 AM
Back in the 1950s, the Colts were traded for the Cowboys.

Kstat
04-01-2006, 01:22 AM
I'd keep Jones, Sarunas, Granger, Peja and Foster. Everyone else I'd send packing. I'd be more or less forced to keep JO so I don't think that's up for debate.

I'd requre Harrison to take anger management classes before I kept him, though.

Bball
04-01-2006, 04:59 AM
Can we trade Walsh and Bird for Dumars? I think the rest would then take care of itself.

-Bball

Kestas
04-01-2006, 05:11 AM
it's Jasikevicius..

Bball
04-01-2006, 05:24 AM
I should've bent the rules and voted for the players I wouldn't mind if they are are back next year. IOW... I didn't vote for Croshere simply because he's been injured and expensive and if there was a way to improve the team and trade him I wouldn't have a problem with it.

But by not choosing him that meant he seemingly got lumped into the same category with Tinsley.... a player that I truly dislike. (I never disliked Bender, I simply thought he was a bust and the team needed to move on).

I wouldn't mind seeing Harrison back. Same for Foster. But those are all guys that I'm not locked into if there was a better option out there.

Even Pollard I'd have no problem with him being a Pacer next year. Especially at the right price.

OTOH... Tinsley I am finished with. Please get this guy off the Pacers.

I've defended Sjax in the past but I can't deny he makes some bad decisions. I don't like hearing him booed by our own fans... altho I understand it. I don't want him being the scapegoat but I have no problem if he's moved and think it could be for the best.

It might be for the best to get all 3 of the major players from 11/19 off this team.

JO... I've given up on him. While I don't think the system favors him, I also don't think he lives up to expectations or would ever give up the glory role on this team to play second fiddle to anyone. He's not a first violin tho... and I fear he'll make it so we can't have a first violin.
I don't dislike him, but I don't like watching him play either. He doesn't make others around him better. He doesn't consistently bring the little things to the court... and I am starting to believe he's maxed out not only in $$$$ but ability. The propensity for injuries concerns me.

Fred Jones. Please do not re-sign Fred Jones. The clueless jump-pass-turnover is an act I am finished with. Again, I don't dislike Freddie but I don't like his overall game.

AJ. I don't know. He looked fine when we were running more of a motion offense. He sucks when we don't. He ends up looking selfish and Lord knows we have our share of selfish players swallowing the ball. I think his defense is over-rated (not that he is 'bad' but he's nothing to write home about). And (as the same with Freddie) I can do without ever seeing either one of those guys with the ball in their hands as the clock winds down for a quarter.
Unfortunately, I think Carlisle must want that. Bleh... That's reason enough to say...

Carlisle. Gone. He's worn out his welcome. I want to invoke Bird's 3 year rule. I want a coach that will trust the players to play the right way and sit the ones that don't.... and treat all of them the same. A coach that demands ball movement and movement without the ball. A coach that despises bad shots or holding the ball. A coach that stresses fundamentals. A coach that demands defensive intensity and effort but that is willing to accept a trade-off in abilities as long as the effort is there. And a coach that doesn't overly rely on the eggtimer for his substitutions.

-Bball

Evan_The_Dude
04-01-2006, 06:34 AM
Come on now how does Eddie Gill have more votes than Jack and Tins? It's rigged I tell ya!

04-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Peja, Granger, Sarunas, Foster.

grace
04-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Come on now how does Eddie Gill have more votes than Jack and Tins? It's rigged I tell ya!

Eddie Gill gets more votes because someone has to be the perpetual bench rider and he's a nice dresser (at least until someone tells me otherwise).

If anyone notices that I didn't vote for Donnie it wasn't an oversight on my part. After the forum party last night some of my opinions are on shaky ground. :)

Jermaniac
04-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Austin Croshere and Jasikavicus have more votes then Jermaine, ****ing pathetic. I understand guys with a future Danny and Harrison getting more votes, but Austin Croshere. LMFAO.

8.9_seconds
04-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Wow, I'm the only one that voted for Gill?

I really really Wanted to vote for him. I actually like him alot;when Eddie gets in a game it makes me smile and feel good for him. Also, I think that he is talented, but with Tins and AJ will never play. If he goes to play somewhere where he could play alot more minutes, it would be better for him.

So Answer: Do I want him to stay? Yes.

Is it the best for him?: No.

Austin Croshere and Jasikavicus have more votes then Jermaine, ****ing pathetic. I understand guys with a future Danny and Harrison getting more votes, but Austin Croshere. LMFAO.

:shakehead:, won't even respond. I've already talked myself to death about this topic, so I'm not going to say anything, for fear of the H word.

04-01-2006, 05:21 PM
LOL, honestly! Why does not so many want to keep Jermaine? :-o

Kegboy
04-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Eddie Gill. :-p

I may have very well voted for Cabbage, but his name was spelled wrong. Now we'll never know. :dunno:

I'd also have voted for David Craig, David Benner, Reb Porter, Stacy Paetz, Stacy Austin, and Kirston. And the usher at 225-226. That's about it.

Oh, I forgot about :censored:. He did a very nice job with the parachutes on Thursday.

[edit]The ticket scanner in Starbucks, if he's still around.

Los Angeles
04-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Rifleman.
And ONLY Rifleman???

:D

Jermaniac
04-01-2006, 05:57 PM
LOL, honestly! Why does not so many want to keep Jermaine? :-oCause Jermaine is a proven all star. You have to be an up and coming player, or you have to suck to stay on the Pacers.

Beowulfas
04-03-2006, 01:44 PM
More people wanting Harrison than JO :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
JO - all star.
Harrison - mentally unstable future non-NBA centre.

Come on, You can not become more coordinated than You are.
You do not have it, You will not have it.
He is too slow to take loose ball near his legs. He is to slow to catch simple pass, he is very very bad player...

Of cource, if point guard is smart enough and gives him ball very close to the basket, he can use his strenght, but overall it would be a very good idea to trade him to a team, which values him higher, than he really is :devil:

Coach
04-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Sign and Trade Peja(who I really like) and either AJ or Sarunas for a starting 2 guard. A good one that can hit the 3 like Peja. Start him with Danny, J.O., Harrison, and a Point Guard that is either picked up through FA or a trade. Whoever stays between AJ or Sarunas can back up or start at point I don't care. Trade Tinsley for a back up at the 2 and 3 spots that can lock down defensively (I don't care if he can't score). Resign Pollard to Minimum. Then take this team and run. Foster backs up J.O. and in a FEW instances can back up Harrison. Otherwise Pollard backs up Harrison.

ChicagoJ
04-03-2006, 04:07 PM
And ONLY Rifleman???

:D

welll.... yeah!

:-p

CableKC
04-03-2006, 04:40 PM
I don't really pay attention to the coaching staff....but why no love for Kevin O'Neill?

Jose Slaughter
04-03-2006, 05:06 PM
I think O'Neil is seen as a mini-me of Carlisle.

It is believed he was generally disliked by the players in Toronto. I think the the feeling is that the players are starting to, if they havn't already, to tune out Carlisle. Almost on the same schedule they did in Detroit & O'Neil in Toronto.

Might have happened last season but then we had Mike Brown here.

Unclebuck
04-03-2006, 11:26 PM
I like Kevin O'Neil, from what I read he was more popular with the Pistons players than Rick was. Take that for whatever it's worth.

I really believe that so many of you have the wrong impression of K.O. I know he's very close to Harrison and from my personal observations at the games he is in constant communication with the players one-on-one.

I know this is not the conventional wisdom, but I think to blame Kevin is unfair

Jermaniac
04-03-2006, 11:31 PM
More people wanting Harrison than JO :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
JO - all star.
Harrison - mentally unstable future non-NBA centre.

Come on, You can not become more coordinated than You are.
You do not have it, You will not have it.
He is too slow to take loose ball near his legs. He is to slow to catch simple pass, he is very very bad player...

Of cource, if point guard is smart enough and gives him ball very close to the basket, he can use his strenght, but overall it would be a very good idea to trade him to a team, which values him higher, than he really is :devil:Its sad that all these people that got more votes then JO will never be close to as good as he is. Maybe Danny, no one else. I bet my life that Harrison will never in his career put up 20 and 10.

Beowulfas
04-04-2006, 07:09 AM
Trade Tinsley+Jackson+Jones for XXX
Can You get Redd or Ray Allen for that? :)
Even if not, just trade all this pack for a guy who prefers team result to individual stats and is known for loving to play team basketball.

Play ****ing team defence, more zone defence, to cover Runi's and Peja's shotcomings and
Jasikevicius-XXX-Peja-JO-Foster will win You the title ;)

Granger as 6th man, Croshere, Harrison Johnson Pollard as other substitutions.

I just looked at the Billups stats, oh my God, first 6 years in NBA this guy was 25mpg 8 points 3 asissts man :)
Changed 8 teams to find his proper place.
A now Detroit's fans mock at Runi? Ridiculious.
Runi manages Billpus stats in less minutes in his first season with the first team, even without having the ball in his hands or playing the shooting guard.

ssmall
04-04-2006, 08:24 AM
He doesnt have a lot of years for improvement, maybe thats the reason no? Im sure everyone would be very happy if they knew he has 10-15 years ahead of him in the NBA, he does not though. And yet again a lot of people are happy with Runi, they are not happy with overhype.

ChicagoJ
04-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Its sad that all these people that got more votes then JO will never be close to as good as he is. Maybe Danny, no one else. I bet my life that Harrison will never in his career put up 20 and 10.

Who cares about 20 and 10??

Jermaine, for as great as he is in the post, hasn't proven durable down there. He needs to play with someone bigger (Harrison) so that his body can withstand the punishment.

With a post player like David, there is so much more to his game than points and rebounds - things that don't get measured in the box score.

I'd rather have David give us a consistent 12 and 8, and dominate the paint, and then any number of PFs could give us 20 and 10 (or 22 and 14 if the blocked out more consistently than JO does.)

Like you, I'd prefer to keep JO. But without a legit "C" to play alongside him, it will be more of what we've seen over the past three years - a knee injury, a shoulder injury, a torn groin muscle - for our superstar.

He needs help, he's not a one-man team.

Slick Pinkham
04-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Bill Russell never once averaged 20 & 10.

Of course a career average of 15 & 22 with 11 rings isn't too shabby!

CableKC
04-04-2006, 01:27 PM
20 and 10 Centers are few and far between. Centers like Shaq ( and I guess any legendary NBA Centers ) don't grow on trees.

Oddly enough......for a huge guy like Harrison....I see him more like a Center like a cross between Eddy Curry and Dampier......rather then a Center like Dalembert, Magliore or Kaman.....a guy that gets into foul trouble alot......for whatever reason doesn't rebound as much as you would think he would for his size.....take up space in the paint due to his very wide body.....can block a shot or two....and if given the opportunities....can put up 10+ points a game.

Given his skills but low basketball IQ.....I would think that he would need 2 or 3 more seasons to develop....he just needs time to learn not to make the mistakes that he is still making. Harrison seems to be the guy that needs to learn the ropes the hard way in order for him to really get it through his head.