PDA

View Full Version : Post your thoughts here on Reggie Miller ceremony (only)

Unclebuck
03-31-2006, 12:19 AM
Instead of posting about the game, let's have a thread about the halftime ceremony.

It was great to see Mark Jackson (expected him to be there), Mckey, Sam Perkins, AD, and especially Al and Dale who are currently playing in the NBA and had to take time to get to Conseco. Thanks for coming guys.

Let me get one negative out of the way. What a bunch of no class scumballs - those that booed the governor and the mayor - you almost ruined the ceremony and showed that you're a lowlife. I don't care if you hate those two guys, I don't care if you hate democrats or republicans, I don't care if you just hate all politicians, you don't boo them in that setting. OK enough about that.

I thought Donnie Walsh's speech was very well done, I thought for a second he might get a teary eyed there for a minute.

Reggie seemed to enjoy himself more than during last years ceremony, and he seemed so at ease with himself out there.

Overall a very touching ceremony

wickedstick
03-31-2006, 12:25 AM
Did anyone record the halftime ceremony? I came home from work this afternoon and crashed. I slept right through it. If someone recorded it I would love a copy of it.

Kaufman
03-31-2006, 12:26 AM
Mark, as always, enjoyed you hosting the ceremony. No better voice and more appropriate host than you. Thanks for sticking with us for so long - Indiana truly is a better place than Minny (or whatever cold northern territory you hail from).

Kaufman
03-31-2006, 12:28 AM
Was totally surprised not to see the mayor by the way - I know we're hosting the final four and all this weekend, but come on - he can't spare an hour and quick appearance?

Nonetheless a nice program - enjoyed last year's season ending festivities a bit more though.

efx
03-31-2006, 12:30 AM
Buck, it's interesting that you noted the boos.
Back in the day (pre 9-11 and before he became the untouchable hero here) I saw former Mayor Guiliani at several events, both sport and music related and there were always people that booed.

I don't get this, this is supposedly one thing that should bridge political differences so it saddened me when I saw it there.

The ceremony looked nice but I don't know if TNT left anything out.
Was it just me but was the april ceremony with the Chicago Bulls a longer thing? Maybe it's just because I was there but this one seemed over very quickly.

Very nice though, it reminded me of Ewings retirement night which I also atteneded.

I love things like this.

McClintic Sphere
03-31-2006, 12:33 AM
They booed Daniels loudly both times he was introduced. Great to see the old guys. Current UCLA squad being on hand was a nice touch.

Spicoli
03-31-2006, 12:34 AM
The ceremony was appropriate and very classy. I'm glad that it wasn't too over-the-top.

I also agree that it was not the right setting for people to express their dissatisfaction with the politicians. But, it also would have been nice if Mitch wouldn't have made a lame sales pitch during his time. Oh well.

obnoxiousmodesty
03-31-2006, 12:38 AM
I don't support the boos, but I muted the tv and didn't pay much attention when Daniels and Peterson were on. I don't really think they were appropriate people to speak at the ceremony.

Kaufman
03-31-2006, 12:42 AM
I don't support the boos, but I muted the tv and didn't pay much attention when Daniels and Peterson were on. I don't really think they were appropriate people to speak at the ceremony.

While I agree with you 100%, there are a few etiquette rules involved, I think. Whenever you invite a local leader, especially a governor or President, it is customary for them to speak. So while it was awkward in some sense, I think it had to be done.

MagicRat
03-31-2006, 12:50 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/310.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/3101.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/312.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/313.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/314.jpg

sweabs
03-31-2006, 12:52 AM
Aw man - those are some great pictures right there.

Thanks a bunch MR!

CableKC
03-31-2006, 12:55 AM
My thoughts as I saw Reggie on the floor was that our best chance to win a championship just got his # retired.

We're not gonna see a Championship with the current ist of players.

Kstat
03-31-2006, 12:58 AM
A tie?

Seriously, I can't get past that.

joeyd
03-31-2006, 12:59 AM
While I agree with you 100%, there are a few etiquette rules involved, I think. Whenever you invite a local leader, especially a governor or President, it is customary for them to speak. So while it was awkward in some sense, I think it had to be done.

While I would not have booed, I still think that it wasn't the time nor place to make a pitch for businesses to come to Indiana. That was the governor's subtle hint during his final words.

indypacerfan54
03-31-2006, 01:03 AM
Im ecstatic that "my ***** mitch" got booed. I was right with the entire stadium in booing that jerk.

That was such a classy gesture he made with the tie.

18to88
03-31-2006, 01:09 AM
Whatever, the boos weren't that loud for Mitch, who by the way is a great Governor. Turning this ****hole of a state around takes time you guys. You can't undo 16 years in one.

Anyway the ceremony was pretty good. My favorite part was definitely seeing old Pacers but where the hell was Smits? I didn't expect to see the Dale, Antonio, and Al. It makes you really miss all those guys. Where was Larry?

MagicRat - I noticed you did a little photoshopping that picture of the score board.

**Don't get on me about the political statements I made because you guys did it too**

indypacerfan54
03-31-2006, 01:15 AM
I dont know what game you were at but the boos were outrageously loud.

Yeah Mitch is a great governor, I especially like him for:

him and his wife refusing to live in the governors mansion and instead building a new house on giest to live in

attempting to have the state pay for another lame RV

slashing school budgets and temporarlly shutting down all construction at ips schools who by the way are in dire need of renovations most schools still have asbestos insulation

hes a great guy

18to88
03-31-2006, 01:17 AM
I dont know what game you were at but the boos were outrageously loud.

Yeah Mitch is a great governor, I especially like him for:

him and his wife refusing to live in the governors mansion and instead building a new house on giest to live in

attempting to have the state pay for another lame RV

slashing school budgets and temporarlly shutting down all construction at ips schools who by the way are in dire need of renovations most schools still have asbestos insulation

hes a great guy

Atleast he can spell words that a 4th grader could...

Back to the ceremony. I loved it when everyone said "Smooth" when Sam Perkins was introduced. Damn, I miss those days.

indypacerfan54
03-31-2006, 01:19 AM
awe shux eye feal sooo stoopid know

grace
03-31-2006, 01:27 AM
I don't know what Reggie thinks of the governor or the mayor but I can GUARANTEE he wasn't at all happy that people booed. Even if he hates them both more than he ever hated the Knicks he would never in a million years boo either of them or support those who do. Why do I feel so strongly about it? It's the same reason he never went off on Larry Brown when he was the coach. You may think he's the biggest horse's ***, but you respect the office.

Tim
03-31-2006, 01:28 AM
Dale and Al are both on active rosters and made it, yet where is Rik?

It was nice to see Reggie and his family.

grace
03-31-2006, 01:29 AM

Hangin' out somewhere with Mel Daniels I assume.

8.9_seconds
03-31-2006, 01:42 AM
At first, I thought they were booing Sam, and I was just thinking "Those *******s.", but then I sat and thought, then DING oh Smooth, sweet.

I also wanted to know where Rik Was.

Peck
03-31-2006, 01:49 AM
Needless to say when I saw Dale Davis walk out of the locker room I :bowdown:

I don't care what anybody says I'll take Dale, Tony, Satan, Reggie & Mark Jackson right now with Big Smooth & hell Mark Boyle coming off of the bench & would still beat this current group of Pacers.

I know it wouldn't be popular here but I would have really liked to have seen Larry Brown make the trip to see this as well because IMO Reggie grew so much as a player under him.

BTW, Dick Harter & Bill Walton were in the house to see the show as well.

The only downside, well other than the booing, was that when Reggie said that he couldn't have done what he did without these guys behind him & he was talking about Dale, Tony, Al, etc. & instead of showing them on the center court monitor they showed the current group of @ssclowns posing as Pacers.

But it was all made up for in the end when Reggie went over & grabbed Dale & led him off of the bench.

It was a great moment & a great night to be a Pacers fan.

Mark Boyle did a great job & whoever made that video package they showed of the Pacers past deserves some extra pay. That was great.

Well, hopefully four more years & we will see a hall of fan introduction.

pizza guy
03-31-2006, 01:52 AM
I thought it was a very nice ceremony. Again, not sure why the governor or mayor spoke (and REALLY confused by the tie thing), but they certainly should not have been booed in this setting. It was pretty cool seeing a lot of the old guys back in town, but we also wondered about Smits and Larry. A wonderful evening for Reggie, his family, and for his fans. I'm glad to see the #31 where it belongs...above the rest.

beast23
03-31-2006, 01:54 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/310.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/3101.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/312.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/313.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/314.jpg

No one else has noticed it yet?

Great job of editing, MagicRat. I ony wish the halftime score was as you have posted it in your picture.

sweabs
03-31-2006, 01:57 AM

Great job of editing, MagicRat. I ony wish the halftime score was as you have posted it in your picture.

MagicRat - I noticed you did a little photoshopping that picture of the score board.

:D

By the way, I'd love to see any more pictures that members took here! These are great...something to cherish.

18to88
03-31-2006, 02:08 AM

Yeah I already called him out on that.

Mr. Pink
03-31-2006, 04:08 AM
I don't think the booing took anything away from the half-time show. If people have something to say to the Gov...then let them. It was obvious people were booing because of what he's done for Indiana, but in the end everyone clapped for the things he said about Reggie.

I wish the ceremony would have went longer with more of the players on the bench giving a speech. Anyone know why Larry Bird didn't talk? Another thing that I thought would have been reallllly cool to see, would have been players from around the league do a little chitty chat about Reggie. I'm surprised Spike Lee didn't do something, as well. Reggie has a lot of history in this league, and so I thought more could have been done at this last ceremony for Reggie.

Overall I would have given the ceremony a B +. Man, it feels good to say, "I was there."

Hicks
03-31-2006, 04:20 AM
How the hell do you screw this up? I was so embarassed they couldn't get the banner up properly when the time came. It just swayed next to the speakers until they raised it up too high for the rest of the night.

Bball
03-31-2006, 05:33 AM
For the most part I thought the ceremony was moving and nice.

I wasn't sure if the banner raised to where it was supposed to or not. (And just now watching the recorded ceremony, it looks like they just quit pulling the rope, not that it 'stuck'... So I don't know that there was a gaffe there).

As fans we are very lucky to have a broadcaster like Mark Boyle. I'm not sure he gets thanked enough for the job he does. His work as MC tonight was no exception.

From a technical standpoint, how friggin' hard could it be to kill the 8K feedback on Mr Boyle's Beta 58? Well, actually...considering my occupation... I know how to do it and it isn't that hard. Is there an actual audio tech employed by PS&E or do they just ask a janitor or usher to do it?

-Bball

larry
03-31-2006, 06:12 AM
I was kind of unhappy w/ the whole thing. I had preached it was 2 soon for this even. We as fans & Reggie would have been more moved if this same ceremony came a few years down the road. Mr. Boyle did awesome, even better than before. My favorite part was the old MSA picture last time. I really wanted a statue this time! Then again my idols are my dad, my grandfather, then # 3 is Reggie. I shed tears twice last year. Tonite I wasn't even close to tearing up. He never won a ring, so we owe him a statue IMO.

larry
03-31-2006, 06:35 AM
I love Magic's no look statue & the 'Air' Jordan. They won rings, but LA and Chicago would be the same as cities w/ or w/o those great players. Would Indy be enjoying it's growing prosperity if we didn't pick Miller? I really don't think so. He at least became more relevant at the same time the entire city did. I would of enjoyed a surprise statue unveiling. Plus, a statue pose of Reggie shooting the 3 would look so perfect. Conseco is retro, a statue would add to the history & charm. I would like to

larry
03-31-2006, 06:55 AM
have kids one day. By showing them a statue I could give them an idea of how great the Miller era was. Mr. Boyle was even better tonite. The Big Smooth made a cameo & I loved it! Everything else didn't get the job done. If it would have came to the end & then Mr. Boyle said "Hold on there is 1 last thing." followed by a surprise statue everybody would have left tonite w/ a feeling that they attended a much more significant moment. I still know the moment was big. We didn't do enough IMO.

03-31-2006, 07:10 AM
A tie?

Seriously, I can't get past that.

Nevermind, that was prolly just a joke. But a KEY TO INDIANA??? hahah! Can he just walk into Indiana now without people burning down his house? YAY!

RWB
03-31-2006, 08:57 AM
Wasn't the time to boo the Govenor, of course it might have been nice if the Govenor got dressed for the occasion. His only suit must have been at the laundry.

Gyron
03-31-2006, 09:31 AM
Mr. Boyle, I thought you did a wonderful job on the ceremony.

Donnie's speech was well done as well. But I did have a question, what was it that Donnie kept reaching for in his coat pocket? Is that a nervous habit, or was he just resting his hand in his coat pocket? Or was there something in there sentimental that was making him more at ease while he spoke?

Overall, good ceremony. I believe the others are right, the booing was not appropriate in this setting regardless of what your feelings were regarding those two gentleman. It was also an inappropriate time for the Gov. to pitch the "business".

And a "Tie"??????? Is that the best he could come up with?

marcd
03-31-2006, 09:43 AM

My guess is he was either out riding motocross or improving his RoadRunner collection, I heard Stewart's Flea Market was in town this week!

MarcD

SycamoreKen
03-31-2006, 09:47 AM
I'm looking forward to watching the ceremony once someone posts it. i was playing basketball against kids at school last night and missed it. As for the governer getting booed, the same thing happened here when Texas's Gov. showed up and spoke at David Robinson's ceremony.

Slick Pinkham
03-31-2006, 09:51 AM
Great ceremony.

the tie was sooooooo lame.

Give him a car or something.

brichard
03-31-2006, 10:08 AM
I thought the ceremony was great. It's funny, the only weird thing is that it was like "DejaVu all over again." It seems less than a year a go we were pretty much doing the same thing, except this time it was a jersey instead of a retirement. However, I've never seen a player's retirement and jersey retirement... so there ya' go.

As far as the booing, I just think fans are ticked off. One of the things the announcers mentioned, it wasn't Doug Collins... the other guy, was that Conseco used to have a buzz around it. That buzz seemed to be missing even during the night. I'm not sure if it was palpable to the fans, but it is an interesting observation from an outside opinion.

In regards to Daniels, I think I'll start a thread over on the political forum as it is the more appropriate place.

I love that Reggie is a family man, but I'm probably the only one who wishes he would just come out as himself. Cheryl Miller just bothers me. There, I said it.

Did Larry Bird say anything during the ceremony? I don't recall seeing him.

Doug in CO
03-31-2006, 10:23 AM
Bird was probably on vacation - er, scouting

brichard
03-31-2006, 10:25 AM
Bird was probably on vacation - er, scouting

TNT interviewed him at the game, he just wasn't part of the ceremonies.

Doug
03-31-2006, 10:32 AM
Conseco used to have a buzz around it. That buzz seemed to be missing even during the night. I'm not sure if it was palpable to the fans, but it is an interesting observation from an outside opinion.

I mentioned this the other night (I think). The crowd has an "edge" to it. I described it as surly. I wouldn't describe it as hostile, but if you miss your free throws or don't get back on defense or jack up a bad shot with time left on the shot clock they won't hesitate to let the Pacers know they just screwed up. They are also quick to get on the refs for bad calls, real or perceived.

I think they are frustrated with what they are seeing on the floor.

Or maybe I'm just projecting my feelings onto the crowd.

To keep this post somewhat on topic, I didn't really notice that during the ceremony. But I do think the fact that the Reggie Era is over did subdue everyone's spirits a bit. Perhaps if the future looked a little brighter right now...

Fool
03-31-2006, 10:33 AM
I didn't know who he was (not being from or living in Indiana) but for the short period in which I watched the ceremony I was impressed with how at ease, how clearly spoken, and how much command the MC had leading the show (I only watched till Reggie came out). He handled the mayor (the guy in kahkis and a short sleeve button down?) coming out to speak at the wrong time so well (and the camera left the shot quickly) that it took me a second or two to figure out that the guy made a gaff.

So I add my name to those praising Mr. Boyle.

Raskolnikov
03-31-2006, 10:38 AM
Donnie Walsh reminds me a lot of Marlon Brando's Vito Corleone...

Wayne Jarvis
03-31-2006, 11:35 AM
As others have noted, I think Mr. Boyle did an outstanding job. He ought to go into some form of public speaking or something ;).

The ceremony was, overall, very good. As to the booing of the politicians - people rarely get the opportunity to express their dissatisfaction in person, so they took advantage of it. A lot of fans didn't care for Derrick McKey, but I didn't notice any boo's for him. As far as "embarrassment" statements go, I wasn't too impressed with the horseplay by Reggie's sister up in the suite - but that's just me.

I'm glad the organization did such a good job because I think we can all agree that there won't be another jersey retirement for a very long time (unless it's for Mark B. or Donnie).

grace
03-31-2006, 12:31 PM
How the hell do you screw this up? I was so embarassed they couldn't get the banner up properly when the time came. It just swayed next to the speakers until they raised it up too high for the rest of the night.

Personally, I thought they stopped it where it was so I could at least see it. Had it gone any higher the ABA banners I was sitting behind would have obstructed my view.

mboyle1313
03-31-2006, 03:00 PM
All,

Thanks for the kind words. Our Game Operations staff had worked on this event for quite some time and, it seemed to me, put together an appropriate tribute given all the masters that needed to be served. I think most of us could have lived without any political involvement, but given the circumstances, that's probably not a practical wish in today's climate.

For those wondering, Reggie's banner will eventually be permanently relocated between George's #30 and Mel's #34.

MJB

P.S.: I would like to thank everyone for all of the support you have given me over the years. It has been humbling for me to experience the way people in Indianapolis and all throughout Indiana have embraced an outsider such as myself, and in a transient business where it's often difficult to put down roots and bond with listeners, I feel extremely lucky to have landed here. Thank you all very much.

Gyron
03-31-2006, 03:08 PM
P.S.: I would like to thank everyone for all of the support you have given me over the years. It has been humbling for me to experience the way people in Indianapolis and all throughout Indiana have embraced an outsider such as myself, and in a transient business where it's often difficult to put down roots and bond with listeners, I feel extremely lucky to have landed here. Thank you all very much.

We were lucky to have you land in our area Mr. Boyle.

However, that sounds like a farwell speech. Hopefully, you aren't going anywhere.......It just wouldn't be the same without you....

Best Regards,
Gyron

btowncolt
03-31-2006, 03:11 PM
All,

Thanks for the kind words. Our Game Operations staff had worked on this event for quite some time and, it seemed to me, put together an appropriate tribute given all the masters that needed to be served. I think most of us could have lived without any political involvement, but given the circumstances, that's probably not a practical wish in today's climate.

For those wondering, Reggie's banner will eventually be permanently relocated between George's #30 and Mel's #34.

MJB

For about 20 minutes last night, I got to be connected to home. Getting to see Reggie and hear the voice of the Pacers I'd spent so many hours of my life listening to was tremendous. Thanks for doing such a great job, and keeping connected with all of us across the globe here.

Oh, and I thought after being at the Chicago ceremony last year, I wouldn't get choked up about Reggie again. Man, was I wrong.

Bball
03-31-2006, 03:14 PM
I thought the ceremony was great. It's funny, the only weird thing is that it was like "DejaVu all over again." It seems less than a year a go we were pretty much doing the same thing, except this time it was a jersey instead of a retirement. However, I've never seen a player's retirement and jersey retirement... so there ya' go.

As far as the booing, I just think fans are ticked off. One of the things the announcers mentioned, it wasn't Doug Collins... the other guy, was that Conseco used to have a buzz around it. That buzz seemed to be missing even during the night. I'm not sure if it was palpable to the fans, but it is an interesting observation from an outside opinion.

In regards to Daniels, I think I'll start a thread over on the political forum as it is the more appropriate place.

I love that Reggie is a family man, but I'm probably the only one who wishes he would just come out as himself. Cheryl Miller just bothers me. There, I said it.

Did Larry Bird say anything during the ceremony? I don't recall seeing him.

If the Gov/state of Indiana would've given Reggie a car then it would've been from tax dollars. No thanks.

-Bball

grace
03-31-2006, 04:04 PM
For those of you who have complained about the governor's speech and the tie I have an idea of why it was the way it was. Reggie has been a part of Indiana for 18 years. One of the things he's known for is his community involvement. Therefore, he's probably already been given the Sagamore of the Wabash award, there's already been "Reggie Miller Day", and any number of other awards the governor would give out. I would imagine the governor's original intention was to mention US 31 being named after Reggie, but since that fell through at the last minute he had to come up with something else to do.

heywoode
03-31-2006, 04:10 PM
For those of you who have complained about the governor's speech and the tie I have an idea of why it was the way it was. Reggie has been a part of Indiana for 18 years. One of the things he's known for is his community involvement. Therefore, he's probably already been given the Sagamore of the Wabash award, there's already been "Reggie Miller Day", and any number of other awards the governor would give out. I would imagine the governor's original intention was to mention US 31 being named after Reggie, but since that fell through at the last minute he had to come up with something else to do.

Good point Grace.

Not to diss the Vietnam Vets, but I've been calling US 31 "The Miller" for a looooong time. It will always be The Miller to me.

joles519
03-31-2006, 06:07 PM
The ceremony itself was very nice. It was great to see all of the old Pacers there for Reggie. The kind words for the other jersey retirees were nice too.

On the other hand it was sad and depressing to see all of the old Pacers there: Dale, Al, Mark, Sam, etc. I sure would love to have the "old days" back with all of those guys and of course Reggie. At least once a game I yell, "put Reggie out there!" If only...:( I miss Reggie so much.

I wasn't too excited about all of the extra booing because I thought the ceremony should be more about celebrating Reggie and cheering for him.

pacercoltfan
03-31-2006, 06:47 PM
I thought the booing was rude and disrespectful. But, other than that, I thought the ceremony was very nice. :nod:

I got choked up a bit when the Reggie chants started. :cry:

btw. Who all bought the Reggie Miller spotlight t-shirt? I bought that and the program.

larry
03-31-2006, 06:52 PM
I also saw Reggie's sister goofing around w/ the kids. In her defense she most likely wanted to make the evening special & fun for those children. Let's face it, the game wasn't going to entertain them. I thought she behaved very well, as did Reggie's whole family.

Kaufman
03-31-2006, 06:57 PM
Mark,

We're all outsiders in some sense - Indy is such a conglomeration of people, it's not a major top 5 or top 10 city, but we've done a lot of great things since Hudnut (excuse the political comment) and had a lot of new people come into Indiana with all the flourishing businesses. Remember, up until 1984, we only had the INB Tower and City County building in our skyline. The city has grown and we've all embraced one another. While I grew up in Indy, I can tell you after being in Lexington for the past 9 months, nothing compares to home.

We're happy to have you here Mark. When I think of the Pacers, I think of Reg, and then you second thereafter.

I'll be the first to admit, I've got a man crush of sorts on you. :blush:

Just kidding. Sort of.

Kaufman

PS: Please tell Donnie and Larry some day in the hallways that most of us here at the PD don't like the team. We're all recommending some gross changes.

larry
03-31-2006, 07:50 PM
My whole family bleeds Indiana from my great grandfather, my grandfather, my dad, & now me. When i think of the Pacers, I think of being a kid & seeing that larger than life Reggie picture. I think of the buzz outside & the scalpers yelling "tickets!" I think of "Boom Baby!!" as being the Indiana version of "Holy Cow!!" I think of Conseco opening w/ the crowd yelling "Smooth!!" I think of Donnie, Bird, Mullin, Rose, Smits, & yes MJB. I think of Mark Jackson dancing & showboating during his intro & during

larry
03-31-2006, 07:57 PM
the game when the Pacers were rolling. I wanted/want a statue, but not even I think of the Pacers & then think of Reggie! Heck, I never have seen an ABA game. We are more than just Reggie & we will move on. Just let Granger take every single shot from now on, hahahaha.
No really every shot!!!

pacercoltfan
03-31-2006, 08:33 PM
I'm looking forward to watching the ceremony once someone posts it. i was playing basketball against kids at school last night and missed it. As for the governer getting booed, the same thing happened here when Texas's Gov. showed up and spoke at David Robinson's ceremony.

You can view it on Pacers.com.

ChicagoJ
04-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Finally saw it last night.

I don't think I would've boo'ed the governor when he was introduced, but the political tie-in was so lame and inapporpriate that it was disgusting.

Mayor Peterson handled himself and the situation with so much more class, even if it was via videoscreen.

Too bad Sen. Lugar or Bayh or Bill Hudnut (is he still alive?) couldn't have been there/ done the honors. Those were dignataries that are famously rowdy fans of the Pacers. I've never seen a snippet of Gov. Daniels at a game before so I don't even know if he's a Pacers fan or not.

Hell, the Flamingo Guy would've been a better choice.

Cheryl seemed really annoyed with Charles during TNT's pregame show when Charles asked Reggie about his big ears.

That kinda set the tone for "inappropriate comments" diminishing the ceremony, and it probably put me a bit on edge even before Daniel's inappropriate political comments.

Gyron
04-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Was it me, or did Cheryl seem like she might have had a few drinks before the game?

ChicagoJ
04-03-2006, 12:11 PM
When they showed the Miller family's suite during the broadcast, there appeared to be a plethera of beer bottles.

:whoknows: