PDA

View Full Version : Shaq's choke-hold

dryles
03-30-2006, 07:04 AM
Was there ever any mention in any articles about Shaq's choke-hold on JO? Seems like it just disappeared.....

317Kim
03-30-2006, 07:07 AM
I assumed that Shaq threatened all the reporters etc to not put the story out, or else.

I was very disappointed to read the Sports on Tuesday and fine NOTHING on Shaq besides his line in the box score. No fine. No suspension. No nothing.

mugsy27
03-30-2006, 09:04 AM
i missed this game...can someone tell me what happened? i didnt even see it on sports center.

heywoode
03-30-2006, 09:09 AM
You knew nothing would happen to Golden Boy...

If it had been almost ANY other player in the league, they would've been T'd, ejected, fined, and/or suspended. For Shaq, it turns into a big "nobody even talk about it and it will be like it never happened" type event...

Hicks
03-30-2006, 10:02 AM
He didn't choke him, so no one cares. He was playing peace-maker in an unorthodox way by holding him back around the neck instead of the chest. He wasn't squeezing JO's throat; he was just blocking him from advancing.

Kstat
03-30-2006, 10:03 AM
Jermaine Oneal says SHaq did the right thing, and he was the one supposedly being choked.

non-story.

heywoode
03-30-2006, 10:14 AM
I hadn't seen any stories talking about the incident other than Haslem got fined $5K for taking off his jersey...Was it in the post-game that JO made those comments, or it came to light that Shaq was a peacemaker presence? It sure looked like JO was getting choked...

If what Hicks and KStat are saying is true, I have no problems with any of it....Thanks for the info fellas...

Jermaniac
03-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Yep, JO said that Shaq was just holding him back and telling him to cool down.

efx
03-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Besides, I also think precedent comes into play here and Shaq isn't someone who is a known troublemaker.

Hicks
03-30-2006, 01:29 PM
Besides, I also think precedent comes into play here and Shaq isn't someone who is a known troublemaker.

Although he's got something out for Brad Miller...

Tried to punch his head off of his shoulders.

Stepped on his ankle and foot in '03.

Stepped on them again in '04.

efx
03-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Were the last two intentional or just something that happened? I don't remember , that's why I'm asking.

Hicks
03-30-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm sure it was unintentional; but even coincidentally it's like he's designed to harass the man.

efx
03-30-2006, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I know. Think of it, most players who have to guard him probably feel thes same way :)

Eindar
03-30-2006, 05:01 PM

How could he be a troublemaker? He's a player and fan favorite, he's the most dominant big man of his era, and the refs let him get away with murder. What possible reason could he have to be upset about anything? The only time he's ever really taken a swing at anybody, that I've seen, was the Brad Miller thing, and that's because he was getting beat and got frustrated, something that rarely happens (due to the refs). :)

indygeezer
03-30-2006, 05:04 PM
How could he be a troublemaker? He's a player and fan favorite, he's the most dominant big man of his era, and the refs let him get away with murder. What possible reason could he have to be upset about anything? The only time he's ever really taken a swing at anybody, that I've seen, was the Brad Miller thing, and that's because he was getting beat and got frustrated, something that rarely happens (due to the refs). :)

Travis Best.

Since86
03-30-2006, 05:59 PM
I couldn't stand the way Alberts was going on and on and on about it. I thought it was a non-issue when it was happening seeing how JO didn't even look over at him.

Then Al brought it up last night about still seeing the finger marks on JOs neck.....