PDA

View Full Version : Friday party questions.....

Peck
03-30-2006, 02:30 AM
Ok, it's time for those of you that will not be able to attend the party with us on Friday to give me a list of questions you would like the group to discuss.

Up front I will say that this turnout looks to be pretty high so I doubt the entire group will be able to tackle all of the questions, but I will do the best that I can.

Bball
03-30-2006, 03:49 AM
Mention the elephant in the living room...
JO... is he living up to expectations....
(I say he is not)
Is it his fault, Carlisle's, both... other?

Is this group of players losing the fans that buy tickets?

What players do the group want back next year and what ones need to be gone?

-Bball

indygeezer
03-30-2006, 07:12 AM
Should Mark Boyle be replaced as vooice of the Pacers so that he can post on here and tell us what he REALLY thinks? :devil:

Sarunas......yes or no?

Is a change in the Coach and/or President called for?

How strongly will the P's try to retain Peja.......

Could it come down to Peja v. JO, keep one but which one? IOW, what direction will the team be going in the future?

Can DH learn to temper his temper?
================================

Now for my opinions.

JO is not living up to expectations. It is everybody's fault. HE was overhyped right from the git-go and he hasn't really had to live up to it nor has he tried. I know he's worked on various moves but has he tried to calm the chirping at the stripes? No. HAs he tried to fit into a more up tempo style? (No wait, that is a legit question I'm really asking that).

This group lost the public long ago. I haven't heard frineds talking about them in quite some time.

Gone......in this order.......Jax, Tins, JO, AJ.........Harrison on a short leash.
Granger to start at PF...Peja at SF...Incoming starting SG and PG.
With a new coach or drastic change in coaching philosophy, Sarunas COULD start....but not under this system.

I said some time back and I re-iterate it here.....Welcome to the 80's.

Unclebuck
03-30-2006, 07:43 AM
I said some time back and I re-iterate it here.....Welcome to the 80's.

I know you were around during the 80's, but this ain't the 80's, not even close

Gyron
03-30-2006, 09:34 AM
Is Btown's Furry thong sexy to anyone else besides Rcarey?

Nevermind.....

Really the question I'd like to ask, is regarding the coach.

At the last party we discussed if Carlise should be fired. And pretty much everyone said "No, but only if he gives Danny Granger and David Harrison a chance to play and get experience". Well it appears that has happened where he has given them the time on the floor to develop.

So, it sounded like to most people, realizing we weren't likely to win a championship this year, developing that young talent was a priority. To those same people, have they changed their mind, or is Carlise still doing a good job at developing the future talent, even while we may be losing games now?

Hicks
03-30-2006, 09:55 AM
I know I'm going, but I don't want to forget this question:

Wouldn't it be better to just miss the playoffs so that we can get a lottery pick and most likely force the Patient Pair to make moves they otherwise may not have?

Unclebuck
03-30-2006, 10:28 AM
I know I'm going, but I don't want to forget this question:

Wouldn't it be better to just miss the playoffs so that we can get a lottery pick and most likely force the Patient Pair to make moves they otherwise may not have?

I don't buy the premise of your question.

btowncolt
03-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Does anyone miss me?

Kstat
03-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Does anyone miss me?

Why, did you leave?

btowncolt
03-30-2006, 10:43 AM
Why, did you leave?

I can't be at the party to mock Unclebuck and watch MagicRat work his magic with the waitress!

indygeezer
03-30-2006, 11:30 AM
I can't be at the party to mock Unclebuck and watch MagicRat work his magic with the waitress!

Ueah, I was really looking forward to seeing all that.

and UB...it's the slippery slope down to the 80's, unless it's corrected this Off-season. And I mean serious corrections.

Suaveness
03-30-2006, 12:15 PM
How Suave makes PD the real reason why people want to post here in the first place.

And what Btown does in his closet on Sunday nights.

Shade
03-30-2006, 12:57 PM
And what Btown does in his closet on Sunday nights.

Why would you ask a question to which you already know the answer?

Diamond Dave
03-30-2006, 01:00 PM
Can we credit Carlisle with any of the success last year, or can we chalk it up to Reggie, Dale, and Mike Brown?

Seed
03-30-2006, 01:37 PM
I think that if you guys can do some talking about the PD, it would be nice. Some good thoughts, some talking about how it combines with our everyday routines, and some thoughts about how to improve.

McClintic Sphere
03-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Ask if anyone ever figured out what championship moves meant and if the culmination of that is to be far, far into the future.

18to88
03-30-2006, 01:49 PM
I like how you are like there is going to be some expert advice. If we had a question we wanted others' opinions on, we'd ask it here.

McClintic Sphere
03-30-2006, 01:52 PM
I like how you are like there is going to be some expert advice. If we had a question we wanted others' opinions on, we'd ask it here.

Believe me, Peck is an expert. He just needs the dynamics of a live social gathering to catalyze his mojo.

Bball
03-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Donnie Walsh- Time to retire? :devil:

Well...maybe not that exact question because nobody wants a fist fight to breakout.

How about asking if the two-headed monster approach in the front office is a good idea or bad idea... or if Larry really is anything more than a figurehead in the first place?

-BBall

McClintic Sphere
03-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Also, do people think that, upon signing with us, when Jack said he "made love to pressure" he actually meant he *****ed the team he was playing for?

Gyron
03-30-2006, 02:31 PM

Have you ever been to one of these parties?:confused:

You should really attend. you'd be amazed at the level of knowledge that flows out of one of these parties.

Peck
03-30-2006, 02:55 PM

Sorry there is some missunderstanding here on this.

This is a means for those who can't attend the party to feel as though you are part of the group. It's not meant to be any kind of supreme group of opinion makers.

Sorry if you thought otherwise.

8.9_seconds
03-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Does Rick disrespect his players by sitting them for quite a few games after they have a hot streak and seem to be the spark that wins the games?

(Is what I'm asking clear?)

Do the players disrespect Rick?

Tim
03-31-2006, 02:38 AM
Had this roster started the year healthy, motivated, and focused and maintained it all season what would you estimate the season record would be?

Also, what did you think would be the consistent formula for winning?