PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Need ride form Cinci to Indy on March 30th 5PM

able
03-29-2006, 06:44 PM
I am arriving tomorrow at 4 PM in Cincin

I am looking for a ride to Indy (CFH) to begin with, and while we're at it, spare ticket for low budget wallets is wanted to

Due to the router loss and subsequent outage I have lost a bundle of money and a customer as well as some new orders and a new client, I was not going to come, however one customer whom i worked very hard for heard this and was kind enough to give me a return ticket to CinCin.

I need all the help ppl are willing to give :D

cheap hotels are wanted to, not for the night of the game though as I was offered lodging by a kind person for that night.

open for all kind of suggestions that do not get me in jail :D

BillS
03-29-2006, 06:49 PM
I wish I'd known earlier - I just gave away two tickets in the $30 section to my stepsister and her husband.

able
03-29-2006, 06:55 PM
:(

there is still hope then :D

able
03-29-2006, 07:48 PM
:bump:

Ragnar
03-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Anyone? Seriousley can anyone get to Cincy to pick able up at 4:00 tomorrow?

able
03-29-2006, 08:55 PM
:wave:

Hicks
03-29-2006, 08:56 PM
Anyone?

Ragnar
03-29-2006, 09:08 PM
Maybe change the thread title to can any pick able up in Cincy tomorrow.

Jermaniac
03-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Just write Tinsley Is Pouting again on the thread title and everybody will come in able.

heywoode
03-29-2006, 09:29 PM
I would love to help, but it is going to be all I can do to get my own butt to Indy on time tomorrow....

How much is Greyhound busfare??

able
03-29-2006, 09:32 PM
I would love to help, but it is going to be all I can do to get my own butt to Indy on time tomorrow....

How much is Greyhound busfare??
will be more a time issue then I guess

3ballinhoop
03-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Hi able, I've got some good news for you. The fare is only 20 Dollar one-way.
You need to switch in Dayton though:

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>CINCINNATI, OH </td> <!--Arrives Cell--> <td align="center"> </td> <!--Departs Cell--> <td align="center">06:30pm</td> <!--Layover Cell--> <td align="center"> </td> <!--Co. Cell--> <td align="center">GLI</td> <!--Schedule Cell--> <td align="center">1172</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="6">http://www.greyhound.com/images/pixel_black.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <!--Location Cell--> <td> DAYTON, OH </td> <!--Arrives Cell--> <td align="center">07:30pm</td> <!--Departs Cell--> <td align="center"> </td> <!--Layover Cell--> <td align="center"> </td> <!--Co. Cell--> <td align="center">GLI</td> <!--Schedule Cell--> <td align="center">1172</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="6">http://www.greyhound.com/images/pixel_black.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <!--Location Cell--> <td> DAYTON, OH </td> <!--Arrives Cell--> <td align="center">Transfer</td> <!--Departs Cell--> <td align="center">08:20pm</td> <!--Layover Cell--> <td align="center">:50</td> <!--Co. Cell--> <td align="center">GLI</td> <!--Schedule Cell--> <td align="center">1651</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="6">http://www.greyhound.com/images/pixel_black.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <!--Location Cell--> <td> INDIANAPOLIS, IN </td> <!--Arrives Cell--> <td align="center">10:25pm</td> <!--Departs Cell--> <td align="center"> </td> <!--Layover Cell--> <td align="center"> </td> <!--Co. Cell--> <td align="center"> </td> <!--Schedule Cell--> <td align="center"> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <table bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" bordercolor="#ffffff" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>http://www.greyhound.com/images/spacer.gif</td> <td>http://www.greyhound.com/images/spacer.gif</td></tr></tbody></table>

Enjoy the game!

3ballinhoop
03-29-2006, 09:53 PM
I didn't consider your timeschedule before, to be able to arrive in IP in time you need to take the bus at 14.00 pm, which is the only one that goes directly.

Ragnar
03-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Hi able, I've got some good news for you. The fare is only 20 Dollar one-way.
You need to switch in Dayton though:

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>CINCINNATI, OH </td> <!--Arrives Cell--> <td align="center">
</td> <!--Departs Cell--> <td align="center">06:30pm</td> <!--Layover Cell--> <td align="center">
</td> <!--Co. Cell--> <td align="center">GLI</td> <!--Schedule Cell--> <td align="center">1172</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="6">http://www.greyhound.com/images/pixel_black.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <!--Location Cell--> <td> DAYTON, OH </td> <!--Arrives Cell--> <td align="center">07:30pm</td> <!--Departs Cell--> <td align="center">
</td> <!--Layover Cell--> <td align="center">
</td> <!--Co. Cell--> <td align="center">GLI</td> <!--Schedule Cell--> <td align="center">1172</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="6">http://www.greyhound.com/images/pixel_black.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <!--Location Cell--> <td> DAYTON, OH </td> <!--Arrives Cell--> <td align="center">Transfer</td> <!--Departs Cell--> <td align="center">08:20pm</td> <!--Layover Cell--> <td align="center">:50</td> <!--Co. Cell--> <td align="center">GLI</td> <!--Schedule Cell--> <td align="center">1651</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="6">http://www.greyhound.com/images/pixel_black.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <!--Location Cell--> <td> INDIANAPOLIS, IN </td> <!--Arrives Cell--> <td align="center">10:25pm</td> <!--Departs Cell--> <td align="center">
</td> <!--Layover Cell--> <td align="center">
</td> <!--Co. Cell--> <td align="center">
</td> <!--Schedule Cell--> <td align="center">
</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <table bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" bordercolor="#ffffff" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>http://www.greyhound.com/images/spacer.gif</td> <td>http://www.greyhound.com/images/spacer.gif</td></tr></tbody></table>

Enjoy the game!

Uh the game is at 7 so this is not possible.

BTW able I can definatley take you back to Cincy on Monday.

rushmore
03-29-2006, 09:57 PM
I can't pick you up, but I can throw in some on a rental car if that would help.

I don't know how to work it out, but I'm sure we can come up with a collection for you...

Just a thought...

I'll start the pledging at $20 if that helps...

able
03-29-2006, 10:00 PM
rental takes some things I won't have handy, 1 is a cc (well i have two but uhh part of what I had to pay on parts took care of that :) ) and 2 is a driving license, I have one, but that is being "changed" from Dutch to English because A: i didn;t count on going anymore and B because I was warned to do that by the police, but certainly thanks for the offer

rushmore
03-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Darn...sorry...

If my car could make it out of Indy I would try, but that would be a gamble. It'll be 20 this year. It used to be a luxury car back in the mid-80's.

After all Able's done for us, can't anyone go pick him up? It would really only take like three hours from Indy...round trip. You don't have to drive in to Cincy or anything. It's really easy...

Of anyone on this whole da*n board, he's the guy we should be going out of our way for....seriously....

3ballinhoop
03-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Not cool. Trolling to stir the pot.

- Hicks

Roaming Gnome
03-29-2006, 10:20 PM
Damn, I wish I would have known this yesterday...I had an extra ticket that i would have just gave you. Now, my wife has changed her mind once again and now will go to the game.

It looks like the biggest problem will be getting in from Ohio.

able
03-29-2006, 10:24 PM
UH I have a ticket
:D WOOHOOO

GO!!!!!
03-29-2006, 10:42 PM
Thats half your mission completed... C'mon Peepz, help the brother out, i'm lost for idea's as I live 20,000 KM south east but i'd help if i could..

able
03-29-2006, 11:05 PM
:bump: am leaving here in about 2 hours, can be reached on email on : abel@able-towers.com

just in case last minute offers come in :(

Moses
03-29-2006, 11:07 PM
I wish I could help but I live way down here in Atlanta.

able
03-29-2006, 11:19 PM
help ?

able
03-29-2006, 11:37 PM
hmm 240 ppl online and no one with an idea :(

Pacersfan.
03-29-2006, 11:45 PM
I'd love to help if I didn't live in Alabama. But many airports have driver services where they'll drive you to your destination. Don't know if it's cheaper than a taxi though. Guessing it's about 90 bucks or so if that's in your budget.

Chauncey
03-29-2006, 11:47 PM
I dont have a phone with me, someone call the airport taxi and ask them how much from Cincy to Indy:

Taxi Cab Service
Visit the taxi desk in the baggage claim area of Terminal 3 or use the courtesy phone near the exits of Terminals 1 and 2 (dial 3260) to make arrangements. Service is available 24 hours a day. The fare from the airport to downtown Cincinnati is $24. Call (859) 767-3260 for more information.

Ragnar
03-29-2006, 11:55 PM
I dont have a phone with me, someone call the airport taxi and ask them how much from Cincy to Indy:

Taxi Cab Service
Visit the taxi desk in the baggage claim area of Terminal 3 or use the courtesy phone near the exits of Terminals 1 and 2 (dial 3260) to make arrangements. Service is available 24 hours a day. The fare from the airport to downtown Cincinnati is $24. Call (859) 767-3260 for more information.

It would be arround 200. I looked already.

able
03-29-2006, 11:55 PM
ouch

Pacersfan.
03-30-2006, 12:01 AM
Able, just remember that the pound goes a long way in the U.S. these days.

able
03-30-2006, 12:03 AM
yeahm but most of my pounds are on my stomach and my butt :)
the remainder went to the USA ahead of me, to Cisco Corp

Pacersfan46
03-30-2006, 12:06 AM
What time would you need to be in Indy?

able
03-30-2006, 12:08 AM
preferably BEFORE the game :)
am arriving on CVG at 4.05 PM and have no checked in luggage
so hope to be "out" at 5 PM

game is at 8 PM

Pacersfan46
03-30-2006, 12:10 AM
I don't get off work until 4 PM. I might be able to do it, but I'm not sure if it would be soon enough. Also, how many people will be with you?

able
03-30-2006, 12:12 AM
Me, Myself and I
one small bag, one camera bag and that is it

OK I am not that small so maybe you want to count me for two :)

But where do you need to come from ?

Pacersfan46
03-30-2006, 12:14 AM
I live in Indy.

heywoode
03-30-2006, 12:14 AM
Not that I have a solution, but what time are you getting into Cincy, able?

Do you have cell phone or other contact info you can leave with Hicks or someone else? That will buy some more time for someone to come up with something...

I can see plans are limited but are there ways to alter what times and where you will be from now until tomorrow? I assume since we are talking about getting you from Cinci to Indy, you have no choice but to be in Cinci? I'm curious as to what your exact itenerary looks like. Surely you aren't landing in Cinci from England, so I assume you are maybe flying into Boston or NYC and connecting into Cinci...If that is the case, is there a way to change your second flight and connect into another city?

I haven't read much here today, so I wouldn't have noticed if this issue has already been touched upon...Good luck to you able....I pray it works out for you!

able
03-30-2006, 12:20 AM
MY itinerary is London - Amsterdam Amsterdam - Cincinatti (Delta)
Arriving 4 PM local

and no I can't change that, tickets to Indy that arrived on time were 5 times as expensive :(

Los Angeles
03-30-2006, 12:22 AM
Why not a train?

Amtrak - leaves at 3:00 am or so, arrives at 7:00 am - $19. Drops you off blocks from conseco.

51 Cardinal
Cincinnati, OH
(CIN)
3:05 am
30-MAR-06 Indianapolis, IN
(IND)
6:39 am
30-MAR-06 3h 34m Lounge, Tray meal 1 Reserved Coach Seat
Other Options Sold Out $19.00

http://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak/FareFinder?_tripType=OneWay&_origin=Cincinnati%2C+OH+%28CIN%29&_depmonthyear=2006-03&_depday=29&_dephourmin=&_destination=Indianapolis%2C+IN+%28IND%29&_retmonthyear=&_retday=&_rethourmin=&_adults=1&_children=0&_infants=0&_searchBy=schedule&x=35&y=13

EDIT - just saw your post.

You've got only a couple of hours to get there - so no waiting until 3am for a train. sorry.

able
03-30-2006, 12:22 AM
ok contact information: I am carrying a blackberry, my email wil probably not be working in the air, but till ( am local (GMT +1) it will certainly and since the phone function is not active i might "forget" to turn it of in the plane

so email is working

and during my stop over in Amsterdam it will certainly be on

Hicks has my mobile, so does Ragnar

Pacersfan46
03-30-2006, 12:23 AM
By the time he arrived by train ... the game would be over. lol

able
03-30-2006, 12:24 AM
train would be nice but I arrive at 4 PM so that is rather impossible

Los Angeles
03-30-2006, 12:29 AM
By the time he arrived by train ... the game would be over. lol
I don't think there's anything funny about this.

Do you have a bright idea, or are you just here to laugh at other people's expense?

Pacersfan46
03-30-2006, 12:31 AM
Deleted, after apology.

heywoode
03-30-2006, 12:33 AM
MY itinerary is London - Amsterdam Amsterdam - Cincinatti (Delta)
Arriving 4 PM local

and no I can't change that, tickets to Indy that arrived on time were 5 times as expensive :(

dayum...the only solution I see is for someone to be there when you arrive and drive you to Indy....Unfortunately, that is the one way I can't help you, my friend....My schedule is brutal already, and the times just will not work...I even checked Amtrak, and the only train from and to leaves Cinci at 305am....It's only $30...

I hope you can leave info and be in contact with someone from here once you hit Cinci. Do I assume that you don't have any other people to contact? What happens if you don't get something worked out?

(edit-duh...by the time I get a post ready, it is old news...still want to know the answers to second paragraph!!

(edit2-double duh...good luck able...

18to88
03-30-2006, 12:48 AM
Someone could try that although who knows who you'd end up riding with.
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/rid/

Pacersfan46
03-30-2006, 12:52 AM
Able, here's the deal. I have to get up in 6 hours to go to work. I'll leave you my work phone number, and directions on how to get the person at the desk to get the call through to me.

I don't know when I can get there, mainly because of the horrible timing on your arrival, and my time for getting off work. It will be rush hour traffic nearly in Indy, and surely in Cincy. It may be slow going. So, hopefully you can find someone who can leave at an earlier time.

However if no other opprotunity presents itself, I will try. I'll provide you with the necissary information in your email box.

able
03-30-2006, 12:55 AM
OK now I have 1.6 offer, and that is good :)

however, there is a time frame to consider, as in what time would you expect to be in Cincin Pacersfan46 ?

(I am just worried we both get back in time here)

there is a very kindly provided safety net, but I prefer "the easiest" way for all involded, I feel bad enough as it is to be a burden

Thanks all anyway for the support, it's heart warming

able
03-30-2006, 12:56 AM
Able, here's the deal. I have to get up in 6 hours to go to work. I'll leave you my work phone number, and directions on how to get the person at the desk to get the call through to me.

I don't know when I can get there, mainly because of the horrible timing on your arrival, and my time for getting off work. It will be rush hour traffic nearly in Indy, and surely in Cincy. It may be slow going. So, hopefully you can find someone who can leave at an earlier time.

However if no other opprotunity presents itself, I will try. I'll provide you with the necissary information in your email box.
Sleep well and thanks a million!

Pacersfan46
03-30-2006, 12:58 AM
Don't worry about what time I get back, I don't even have a ticket for the game.

Los Angeles
03-30-2006, 01:00 AM
Well, if you're literate you'll notice I offered to go get him if it was on time for him.

I was more laughing at how obvious it was that it wouldn't be possible that the train would work. It wouldn't leave until the game was over for a few hours. Not his misfortune, but your misunderstanding.
I'm sorry.

I'm cranky and I know that's no excuse.

I wish I couls take back the post, but there's no point as the damage is already done.

Again, I'm sorry.

Anthem
03-30-2006, 01:04 AM
Able, I'm in Cincy, and any other time I'd definitely do it. But I've got an important gig tomorrow.

Sorry man.

Pacersfan46
03-30-2006, 01:04 AM
Don't worry about it LA. No biggie.

I've been there before. I'll delete the post, it never happened as far as I'm concerned.

able
03-30-2006, 01:10 AM
ok will be in touch via email, and try checking the site, which aint that easy on a blackberry, but wil try, I will definitley contact you pacersfan46. one way or the other

and Anthem, I understand :) nay worry

SoupIsGood
03-30-2006, 01:10 AM
yeahm but most of my pounds are on my stomach and my butt :)

:lmao:

I hope it works out able. :)

8.9_seconds
03-30-2006, 01:13 AM
I'll pray for you Able, I really hope it all works out.

Good Luck!

PS- God Rewards Reggie Miller Fans ;)

CableKC
03-30-2006, 02:55 AM
Good luck on your long excursion back to Indy.

Sorry I can't be of much help....I'm in California.

able
03-30-2006, 06:44 AM
Ok I am currently in Amsterdam in transit, have no email from anyone so will count on my by now very good friend ragnar

Hope to see a. Lot of you tonight and tomorrowm. Till then

Unclebuck
03-30-2006, 07:33 AM
I'm just reading this now. Able if you can rent a car, I'll pay for it, and maybe a few of my PG brothren will kick in some $$ also. Don't you have to get back to Cincy anyway.

Chauncey
03-30-2006, 11:01 AM
Bump.

Chauncey
03-30-2006, 11:03 AM
I know there's someone reading this right now that can do it but is hoping that someone else is taking care of it.

Able does a lot for everyone here by hosting this site, one of you Pacer fans needs to Step Up!

Ragnar
03-30-2006, 11:09 AM
I know there's someone reading this right now that can do it but is hoping that someone else is taking care of it.

Able does a lot for everyone here by hosting this site, one of you Pacer fans needs to Step Up!

Right now I am the one going to get him. I will have to come from Fort Wayne through Indy and down to Cincy. It would have been nice if someone closer could do it but if not then so be it.

btowncolt
03-30-2006, 11:21 AM
I would have had I still been at school. Sorry able.

Believe_in_blue
03-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Right now I am the one going to get him. I will have to come from Fort Wayne through Indy and down to Cincy. It would have been nice if someone closer could do it but if not then so be it.

I'm in Manchester and would have done it but I have cass this afternoon. I know its a long drive for you but it's really cool that you are doing it.

Shade
03-30-2006, 11:47 AM
I'd do it if I had a more reliable car. I'm almost certain it would crap out. :shrug:

Ragnar
03-30-2006, 12:09 PM
I dont mind the drive. My only problem was scheduling. I have to move some things arround to get there in time. One thing that helps is its an 8:00pm game and I had thought it was a 7pm game so there is not as much of a time crunch as I had thought there would be.

Pacersfan46
03-30-2006, 12:26 PM
You didn't get my email with my work information, able?

Jose Slaughter
03-30-2006, 02:23 PM
Ragnar

I'm amazed at what you're doing.

I'm in the same boat as Shade. I have a car but am blessed when it gets me home from work each night.

I know this is not much but the best I can offer in a way of a thank you for what you're doing is to cover you at the party.

MagicRat
03-30-2006, 02:26 PM
The rumor I hear is that Pacersfan46 is getting able, but you can still buy Ragnar's pizza.........:tip:

Ragnar
03-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Ragnar

I'm amazed at what you're doing.

I'm in the same boat as Shade. I have a car but am blessed when it gets me home from work each night.

I know this is not much but the best I can offer in a way of a thank you for what you're doing is to cover you at the party.

Pacerfan46 came through. he had offered last night but I guess his email to able did not get through. I talked to him (Pacerfan46) over yim today and he is going to be able to get to the airport sooner than I can so he will take the duty.

I was looking foreward to meeting able tonight but I will meet him tomorrow at the forum party anyway. Pacerfan46 did not know about the forum party so I invited him (no one reads the sticky's I guess) so we will all need to thank him at the party and needles to say his pizza, drinks and pie will be free!!

Chauncey
03-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Well done, Ragnar and Pacerfan46, well done.

Believe_in_blue
03-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Way to stick together and be a team. :buddies: :pepper: :gopacers:

:hippie:

MagicRat
03-30-2006, 03:44 PM
Just in case anyone is curious, it looks like his plane is 1 minute behind schedule.......

http://www.delta.com/flifo/travel/reservations/travel_Info/flifo/results/flifo_results.jsp?flight_number=45&flight_date=20060330&request=main

Indyfan
03-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Way to go guys! Able, hope you enjoy the game and the party tomorrow, your coming a long way for this!

Stryder
03-30-2006, 04:37 PM
"I love it when a plan comes together."

Diamond Dave
03-30-2006, 04:40 PM
Somehow I just saw this. This place is amazing isn't it. Here we have people who don't even know each other's real name willing to drive hundreds of miles for favors.

This will truly be a night that everyone will remember, and thanks to Pacersfan46 so will Able. Lets not forget that Pacersfan46 doesn't even have a ticket.

I'm proud to say that I share a small similarity with such selfless people in that we're Pacer fans.

:cheers: to Reggie :cheers: to The Pacers :cheers: to Pacersfan46 and Able

BayouPacer
03-30-2006, 05:12 PM
It is a good thing Carlisle wasn't coaching the two of you in this operation...Able would never had had made it.

Obviously a joke, but with all the Carlisle threads, it just seemed right....um, wrong....nah, right to post it.

Enjoy the game tonight everyone, I will be watching it joyfully from my home in New Orleans, currently only under 1.5 feet of water!

Gyron
03-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Way to Go guys. I wish I was in Indiana still to assist with Operation: Cin Cin Abel.

Love the community we have here.

Congrats to Abel on getting to Indy and getting a chance to be part of the festivities.

Unclebuck
03-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Does he have a ticket

ilive4sports
03-30-2006, 05:25 PM
Able said he has a ticket, but PacersFan46 doesnt. I am amazed that you guys got this all worked out. I would help if i could drive and didnt live in Pennsylvania, but im glad to see that Able is going to get there for the game.

Chauncey
03-30-2006, 05:25 PM
Does he have a ticket

I believe so

Mourning
03-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Just in case anyone is curious, it looks like his plane is 1 minute behind schedule.......

http://www.delta.com/flifo/travel/reservations/travel_Info/flifo/results/flifo_results.jsp?flight_number=45&flight_date=20060330&request=main

:lol:

Mourning
03-30-2006, 06:38 PM
Goodluck and have fun Able and well, actually everyone that will be at the game and the Forumparty later, I'm jealous at you all! ;)

I will make it one day too! But, for now Able will have to hold high the Dutch flag :D :D :D.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Slick Pinkham
03-30-2006, 06:40 PM
Houston,

Tranquilty Base here...

the able has landed.

Mourning
03-30-2006, 06:43 PM
Houston,

Tranquilty Base here...

the able has landed.