PDA

View Full Version : How 'Bout Larry Brown Replacing Carlisle?

McKeyFan
03-28-2006, 01:36 PM
What do you think? Would Larry Brown leave New York and return to Indiana?

Would Bird and Donnie want him?

Would you guys want him?

I would.

Moses
03-28-2006, 01:43 PM

Would you guys want him?

I would.
I don't think Bird is going to match Isiah's offer of 120 mil over 5 years to Brown.

Ragnar
03-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Brown should go coach in college. He is a great coach and a great teacher but here the last few years he has spent too much time trying to air dirty laundry in the media to want him back.

fwpacerfan
03-28-2006, 02:15 PM
After watching Tinsley clank brick after brick last night early in the shot clock I think a swift kick in the a** would do this team some good. But I don't think Brown is the one to do it - he brings too much baggage with him.

Anthem
03-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Agreed. Brown hit the jackpot with a carlisle-coached team that was ready for a deep playoff run. While we have a Carlisle-coached team, Brown's definitely a coach in twilight. Let him stay in NY.

DeAthrow
03-28-2006, 02:48 PM
No thanks.

Indyfan
03-28-2006, 03:08 PM
Has it really come to this? No way do I want to combine Larry Brown with our already way to whiney lineup, no thanks.

I've been very turned off by all of the off court issues that have come up with Brown the past couple of years, I don't think this team would respond to him for long and he is a nightmare for management to deal with. The way he left Detroit was esp. classless, to have that team and even talk about "dream jobs" in other places, he's crazy.

CableKC
03-28-2006, 03:11 PM
How about no?

Correct me if I am wrong....but in terms of how Brown runs his offense...isn't it 10x as worse as the way Carlisle runs it....as in slow things down to a snail's pace?

If a coaching change must occur during the offseason......then grab Eric Musselman before SacTown grabs him. I maybe wrong...but I think that he maybe slightly to the right of Carlisle when it comes to defense and offense.

Since86
03-28-2006, 03:24 PM
No.

(Second line.)

McClintic Sphere
03-28-2006, 03:33 PM
How about getting a freaking training staff that can keep the team healthy first?

btowncolt
03-28-2006, 03:41 PM
No.

Second line.

Kegboy
03-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Eh. I don't think our players are mentally tough enough to handle him. As has been said, Larry just needs to get a college job and settle down.

Stryder
03-28-2006, 04:38 PM

Would you guys want him?

I would.

Um...Yeah...

How about? No.

Aw Heck
03-28-2006, 05:05 PM
No.

The difference between Detroit making the playoffs and Detroit making the Finals wasn't Larry Brown. It was Rasheed Wallace.

I think that Larry Brown would do worse than Carlisle with this team. This team's problems are not totally on the coach. I'd say injury-prone players and Ron Artest have hurt more than anything.

Does Carlisle have some tendencies I don't like? Yes. But he's still a damn good coach. And anyone else available is just a downgrade. Give Carlisle a season where he doesn't have nutjobs and injuries, and then make a decision.

Evan_The_Dude
03-28-2006, 07:00 PM
I said it 2 weeks ago in another thread. This is a Larry Brown team. I think he would do wonders for Tinsley, AJ, and Sarunas (or whoever is here).

Kstat
03-28-2006, 07:04 PM
I said it 2 weeks ago in another thread. This is a Larry Brown team.

I think he would fall in love with every big man on Indiana's roster.

However, he would absolutely hate every guard. Anthony Johnson and Freddie Jones are probably the only guards on the team he'd want to keep.

D-BONE
03-28-2006, 07:07 PM
With Brown leading this group one of two things happens:

1) Following a certain amount of strife, Larry's ways help the team mature and play better ball more consistently.

2) Larry's way and the team's immaturity are like fire and gasoline and a major rebellion ensues.

I tend to think 2 is more likely. Regardless, I think Larry Brown term limits should apply to all franchises. One go round is sufficient for me anyway.

Will Galen
03-28-2006, 07:08 PM

Would you guys want him?

I would.

No, no, no, absolutely not! He's a great coach, but he does things off court I DO NOT LIKE!

NorCal_Pacerfan
03-29-2006, 01:27 AM
Negatory

Bball
03-29-2006, 01:39 AM
Eh. I don't think our players are mentally tough enough to handle him.

And therein lies the problem...
This team is mentally weak and lacks real leadership.

-Bball

Shade
03-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Dear God, no.

clownskull
03-29-2006, 05:44 PM
absolutely not. and he is not at all likely to go back to college since he left kansas before it was punished and he would likely face whatever he was escaping if he returned somewhere. he is stuck in the pros for the remaining years he has left.

ChicagoJ
03-30-2006, 10:17 PM
Larry Brown.

1996-97.

The season we do not discuss.

:suicide:

I'm now returning to my vacation, stress-free, excellent powder @ Breckenridge, no thoughts of Larry Brown in Indianapolis, just Jay's_Dad@Section204 calling my cell phone to declare "These guys suck."