PDA

View Full Version : Hubie Brown

OTD
03-27-2006, 04:09 PM
I have not seen this posted if it has been sorry: He said that there was not 1 team in the NBA who really wanted to play the Pacers in the play offs. Did anyone eles catch that. I wonder if it was just hot air or did He mean it.

Doug in CO
03-27-2006, 04:17 PM
And while we are on the subject of the ABC broadcast - is anyone else as happy as I am that Mike Breen is now the lead guy? I have always thought he does a phenomenal job.

Jose Slaughter
03-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Its hot air.

I know 15 Western conference teams that would like to & there will be at least 7 form the East in about another 3 weeks.

Thats 22 of 29

Kegboy
03-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Its hot air.

I know 15 Western conference teams that would like to & there will be at least 7 form the East in about another 3 weeks.

Thats 22 of 29

:laugh:

D-BONE
03-27-2006, 04:39 PM
With some more time to get this unit up and running and, of course, barring any injuries, it's true teams (obviously in the East) aren't looking forward to the Pacers. I wouldn't say they fear us, but we will likely be a tough out and could potentially pull a first round upset based on seedings.

He did not go so far as to say we are championship contention material. He did mention our dominance of Miami. However, I don't know if we can just translate past success to playoff victory if we meet them. It will be interesting to see how tonight's matchup plays out.

Los Angeles
03-27-2006, 04:51 PM
We'll be a handful for anyone over a three game arc.

But that's why these are 7 game series.

Conventional wisdom is that the better team always wins a seven game series, barring extraordinary circumstances. (like 4 point plays based on a so-wrong-you-can't-believe-it continuation call).

Are we truly better than the top teams in the east? If we win some games and go into the playoffs with some form of momentum (and don't rest our guys the last couple of games) then I might be persuaded.

But the ultimate form of persuasion comes in the playoff win column.

Evan_The_Dude
03-27-2006, 05:56 PM
I think Hubie said that because it's hard to prepare for us. We as fans don't even know what style we're going to play on a given night. Plus, there's a lot of weapons that we can go to.

jcouts
03-27-2006, 06:23 PM
If I recall, he stated something along the lines of how the Pacers went from a beatup team in turmoil to the team that suddenly no one wants to see in the playoffs.

While I'm not so dazed and unrealistic to not think that we can't be beat playoff time, I will say this...no team wants to face the Pacers, because not only do we present a very formidable opponet, but even if they were to beat us in the 1st round through the conference finals, they will be so exhausted by the time the series is over (both mentally from having to execute perfectly against our D, and physically from the general pounding) that they'll have nothing left in the tank for the next round.

rexnom
03-27-2006, 07:16 PM
With some more time to get this unit up and running and, of course, barring any injuries, it's true teams (obviously in the East) aren't looking forward to the Pacers. I wouldn't say they fear us, but we will likely be a tough out and could potentially pull a first round upset based on seedings.

He did not go so far as to say we are championship contention material. He did mention our dominance of Miami. However, I don't know if we can just translate past success to playoff victory if we meet them. It will be interesting to see how tonight's matchup plays out.

I honestly don't expect much. Back-to-back. Lineup still adjusting. Freddy still out. We have to look for key things like our defense of Dwyane Wade, if Peja and JO are working off of each other. If Jack once again can take advantage of the other team focusing in on Peja and JO. Granger's consistency...etc.

Moses
03-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Everyone else in the league sees a team that hasn't been able to get it's starting lineup in for over a year now. They remember how great our team was with Artest. Peja is just a small step down from what Artest brought and we have more depth and personel on our bench to make up for that. I would definitely call our team the sleeper team in this years playoffs. Nobody, including us, really knows what we are capable of. If we can get that team chemistry and team defense going, the sky is the limit. I think we would be a 55+ win team this year if our starting lineup was intact all season as the Pistons were. I really hope we play the Pistons in the ECFs rather then the first or second round because of the fact that we can rely more on our depth for the first 2 rounds and have relatively fresher guys out there. It's like the Patriots and the Dolphins..Rest assured, the Dolphins are always going to play the Pats tough.

Anthem
03-27-2006, 11:00 PM
I wonder how many different teams Hubie will say that about in the next few weeks.