PDA

View Full Version : Granger getting respect

spazzxb
03-26-2006, 11:42 PM
I was on www.nba.com (http://www.nba.com) and came acroos this weeks Rookie rating. I thought people here might find it intresting whos sitting on top of Chris Paul. Famn I like that kid. Under this weeks rookie rankings.

http://www.nba.com/rookie_rankings/

sweabs
03-27-2006, 12:51 AM
They were talking about him on NBATV for a bit as well in regards to rookie rankings.

After Charlie Villanueva's 48 point performance tonight, I think it's safe to say that most people have Granger as the 3rd best rookie this year, which is still quite good unto itself.

Kaufman
03-27-2006, 01:01 AM
48 but some of those points in OT though..... takes some small edge off of it, no? Still impressive nonetheless though.

sweabs
03-27-2006, 01:04 AM
48 but some of those points in OT though..... takes some small edge off of it, no? Still impressive nonetheless though.

Heh - only 6 of them in OT. It's still 48 points though as you said...which is just crazy for a rookie.

Another problem for Granger in battling against Charlie V. is that Charlie has been putting up solid numbers right from the beginning (whereas Granger has really started taking off after the all-star break with the increased playing time).

Oh well - who cares about the "runner up ROY". Once we're talking about something more important, like All-star votes in the future, it'll be Danny G. all the way. :devil:

Kaufman
03-27-2006, 01:06 AM
Need to get DG into the starting lineup somehow....

HulkSmash!
03-27-2006, 01:12 AM
I wonder what the stats would look like if the teams were reversed?

Jumper
03-27-2006, 01:28 AM
I feel that Danny is going to bring up discussion about, how did so and so pass him up in the draft? Not to the extent, of how was Jordan not the number one pick, but you get where I am coming from.

8.9_seconds
03-27-2006, 01:52 AM
Heh - only 6 of them in OT. It's still 48 points though as you said...which is just crazy for a rookie.

Another problem for Granger in battling against Charlie V. is that Charlie has been putting up solid numbers right from the beginning (whereas Granger has really started taking off after the all-star break with the increased playing time).

Oh well - who cares about the "runner up ROY". Once we're talking about something more important, like All-star votes in the future, it'll be Danny G. all the way. :devil:

I think it's funny how all the 'experts' said Villanueva was the worst pick, lucky to be drafted, and the projected biggest bust.....I'm glad he's doing well. Good Job, Charley.

HulkSmash!
03-27-2006, 01:56 AM
Our entire team is made up of draft steal.

Jamaal Tinsley - #27 (2001)
Stephen Jackson - #43 (1997)
Peja Stojakovic - #14 (1996)
Jermaine O'Neal - #17 (1996)
David Harrison - #29 (2004)

Danny Granger - #17 (2005)
Anthony Johnson - #40 (1997)
Jeff Foster - #21 (2000)
Sarunas Jasikevicius - Undrafted (1998)

About the only guys drafted ahead of or about where they should've been drafted are....
Austin Croshere - #12 (1997)
Scot Pollard - #19 (1997)
Fred Jones - #14 (2002)

And the 2002 draft was weak, so it's easy to see Fred Jones jumping up a few places in it.

Kaufman
03-27-2006, 01:58 AM
"Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible."

Wonder how Marita feels about that statement...

Kaufman
03-27-2006, 02:00 AM
Tins? Steal nay nay my dear friend.

Jeff Foster I think was probably appropriate at his slot.

Eindar
03-27-2006, 02:15 AM

Getting a starting caliber PG 2 picks from the end of the first round is a steal. It's not the same magnitude as Granger, or Manu Ginobili, for instance, but it's still a steal.

owl
03-27-2006, 08:08 AM
How do you think the Pacers would look with Tony Parker on the team?
Talk about your draft steals :-0

owl

Seed
03-27-2006, 09:33 AM

Like your new Avatar, man. :D

DG wasn't drafted earlier as everyone were under the impression he sucks, after making an appearance in training camp while injured. Wasn't that the reason?

I wonder how does it feel to realize during the draft that a player you eyed is not drafted by anyone, and you are just about to get your turn, and you know your'e a freakin genious.
:woohoo:

Trader Joe
03-27-2006, 09:40 AM

Tins was a probable lotto pick before he dropped due to attitude problems, take it for what you will....
So by that he is almost certainly a steal.

Ragnar
03-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Tinsley was a huge steal. Its a steal if the player is far far more talented than his draft position would indicate. You can knock him for being injured too often but to say he is not talented it blind foolishness.

AJ was not a steal. he is at best a second round player.

Bender on the other hand was a huge bust. Not because he could never play but he was just raw and did not have a high basketball iq.

Jermaniac
03-27-2006, 12:15 PM
"Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible."

Wonder how Marita feels about that statement...When you draft a PG at the end of the first round and he starts for you from day one to right now, then he is a steal.

larry
03-27-2006, 01:29 PM
I kind of saw the Granger/Reggie connection that another member made a thread for during the Detroit game. Big Ben may have gotten the best of Danny, but how long can he continue to do so? I'm sure Granger was very upset after that game. I still liked the way the kid let the clutch shot attemps fly. He may have missed them, but he showed 0 hesitation. He had some good rebounds as well. That is unlike Reggie. I still am starting to see a superstar level for this kid. Lets hope he can get there.

Evan_The_Dude
03-27-2006, 01:47 PM
The only thing that scares me about Granger, is on every jumpshot attempt he sorta hesitates as if he's lining up the laces before shooting. No problem now, because not many teams prepare to play him... Yet. Hopefully he'll kill that habit so he can get his shot off quicker once people start challenging his jumpshots more.

Bball
03-27-2006, 03:27 PM
I think it's funny how all the 'experts' said Villanueva was the worst pick, lucky to be drafted, and the projected biggest bust.....I'm glad he's doing well. Good Job, Charley.

The experts were just going on history and Toronto has a hard time of escaping that number 5 pick in the '99 draft.

Oh wait... nevermind...

-Bball