PDA

View Full Version : The Official Pacers vs. Sixers Post-Game Thread (Pacers win, 92-79)

Shade
03-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Lookin' good. :sunshine: :cool:

Jermaniac
03-26-2006, 04:26 PM
I LOVE ME SOME JAMAAL TINSLEY, 14 dimes baby. Watch him work.

Shade
03-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Btw, I wonder why Rick never puts in Runi during garbage time? If he has no intention of playing him in the regular rotation, I just don't get it. :shrug:

Unclebuck
03-26-2006, 04:30 PM
I enjoyed listening to Hubie Brown. I just hope some of you anti-Carlisle people heard what Hubie had to say about Rick. Great team defense - that's coaching. Great offensive spacing - That's coaching. Obviously Hubie thinks the Pacers are well coached.

Wait, you say well Hubie is always complimenting the coaches. He never said anything like that about the Sixers, or Mo Cheeks who isn't a good coach

sweabs
03-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Btw, I wonder why Rick never puts in Runi during garbage time? If he has no intention of playing him in the regular rotation, I just don't get it. :shrug:

Me neither.

However, he would have been eaten alive by the full court pressure today. AJ looked like the AJ of old that I grew to absolutely despise. He had a horrible game in my opinion...right from the beginning I could see that he was not into the game.

Shade
03-26-2006, 04:32 PM
I enjoyed listening to Hubie Brown. I just hope some of you anti-Carlisle people heard what Hubie had to say about Rick. Great team defense - that's coaching. Great offensive spacing - That's coaching. Obviously Hubie thinks the Pacers are well coached.

Wait, you say well Hubie is always complimenting the coaches. He never said anything like that about the Sixers, or Mo Cheeks who isn't a good coach

I think our only real problems with Rick's coaching is his set substitutions (not riding the "hot hand" enough) and tendency to bog down the offense with isolation plays.

SoupIsGood
03-26-2006, 04:32 PM
I liked that Pippen stood up for his old coach there during halftime.

(Pippen wa coached by Mo in Portland right)

317Kim
03-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Great game, great win!

Danger and AJ really contributed to help us take control of the game.

sweabs
03-26-2006, 04:33 PM

It's not very hard when you're playing the Sixers. I would hope we get wide open looks against that poor excuse for a defence.

Let's see if we get the same kind of looks tomorrow.

Trader Joe
03-26-2006, 04:37 PM
We need to beat our old friend Fatoine tomorrow.

Hicks
03-26-2006, 04:37 PM
So far so good having our original starting lineup back for the first time in 21 months. I liked what I saw of Tinsley-Jackson-Stojakovic-O'Neal-Foster.

I also liked this lineup: Tinsley-Johnson-Granger-O'Neal-Harrison.

SoupIsGood
03-26-2006, 04:38 PM
I also liked this lineup: Tinsley-Johnson-Granger-O'Neal-Harrison.

Yes me too, this is my favorite lineup.

Jaydawg2270
03-26-2006, 04:38 PM

Hubie was great but then again anything is better than bill walton

sweabs
03-26-2006, 04:40 PM
See - we know that Hubie Brown is a good commentator. We know that he's going to provide us with some insightful analysis each and every game...he's a meat and potatoes kind of guy.

PaceBalls
Agreed, Hubie knows exactly what is goin on.
And Agreed, Rick is a great coach. I hope they keep him for another 3 years.

As far as Runi goes... it's obvious he is in the doghouse, and after all the crap he has been talkin all year, I think it is a good move by Rick. I do admit though, I never really thought Runi was all that, I remember at the beginning of the season there was a poll on Runi and how good he was gonna be. I think I chose major dissapointment. I thought he was overrated from the get go, but then again could anyone who has such a following not be overrated?

but, Rick maybe just bringing him down to build him back up, I remember something similar with Jamaal during Ricks first season with Kenny Anderson. we will see in the next few games before the playoffs. With Jamaal and JO back as starters the whole team look is starting to change a bit.

Let's here it for the sunshine brigade! go team

CableKC
There are several bright spots......Granger proving to me that he should be the Pacers 6th Man next season and that he should be one of the top 3 Rookies in the league........JONeal and Tinsley starting and playing very well......and Foster doing what he always does best.

The only real dark spot worth mentioning....is turnovers. If it weren't for the level of defense that we applied and the overall suckage that the Sixers displayed.......I don't think it would have been such a huge blowout.

Overall, I give the Pacers an A- score......we did great on the offensive and defensive end to hide the horrible 25+ turnovers that the team had....but turning the ball over like this during the Playoffs won't get us far.

SoupIsGood
See - we know that Hubie Brown is a good commentator. We know that he's going to provide us with some insightful analysis each and every game...he's a meat and potatoes kind of guy.

:lol: :lmao:

Jermaniac
03-26-2006, 04:45 PM
lmfao @ meat and potatoes. Jeff Foster is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. And what do you know I'm about to go to my aunt's house and eat some meat and potatoes.

CableKC
03-26-2006, 04:45 PM
Me neither.

However, he would have been eaten alive by the full court pressure today. AJ looked like the AJ of old that I grew to absolutely despise. He had a horrible game in my opinion...right from the beginning I could see that he was not into the game.
I have ZERO problem with not playing Sarunas during the majority of the game....for the very reason you brought up......but not to give him garbage minutes over Gill?

I really wonder why not......if anything...I would think for the Playoffs....that Sarunas should play ahead of Gill in the PG rotation. If that is the case.....then why give minutes to Gill when Sarunas would need it to simply stay in game form since he isn't playing any regular minutes until the Playoffs?

CableKC
03-26-2006, 04:46 PM
Hubie's jock >>>> Bill Walton :laugh:

18to88
03-26-2006, 04:52 PM
I hope we trade Sarunas to a team in the West where he can get a lot of PT for his sake since Carlisle isn't going to play him. He didn't come to the Pacers for this crap and we all know Carlisle isn't going anywhere.

Jaydawg2270
You can take someone off the street and they will be better than walton

Ragnar

I hope you heard what he said about Jamaal.

I have never said Rick was not a good coach. I maintain that Rick is not the right coach for this team. There is a reason why NASCAR drivers dont get F1 rides. And there is a reason why Rick is not the right coach for this team. Its all about style of play (or driving)

Ragnar
03-26-2006, 04:53 PM
I hope we trade Sarunas to a team in the West where he can get a lot of PT for his sake since Carlisle isn't going to play him. He didn't come to the Pacers for this crap and we all know Carlisle isn't going anywhere.

I hope they trade him to a team in the east so we wont have to worry about that team.

Dr. Goldfoot
03-26-2006, 04:55 PM
.....then why give minutes to Gill

...because these are likely the last 14 games of Eddie Gill's NBA career.

The Pacers always seems to have at least one guy on the team that probably shouldn't even be on any NBA roster.

'04-'05
Eddie Gill
John Edwards
'03-'04
Jamison Brewer
'02-'03
Jamison Brewer
'01-'02
Jamison Brewer
Bruno Sundov
'00-'01
Tyus Edney
Bruno Sundov
Zan Tabak
'99-'00
Zan Tabak
'98-'99
Mark Pope
'97-'98
Mark Pope
Edtrick Bohannon
'96-'97
Brent Scott
'95-'96
Adrian Caldwell
Duane Schintzius

Ragnar
03-26-2006, 04:56 PM

The Pacers always seems to have at least one guy on the team that probably shouldn't even be on any NBA roster.

'04-'05
Eddie Gill
John Edwards
'03-'04
Jamison Brewer
'02-'03
Jamison Brewer
'01-'02
Jamison Brewer
Bruno Sundov
'00-'01
Tyus Edney
Bruno Sundov
Zan Tabak
'99-'00
Zan Tabak
'98-'99
Mark Pope
'97-'98
Mark Pope
Edtrick Bohannon
'96-'97
Brent Scott
'95-'96
Adrian Caldwell
Duane Schintzius

You left out Travis Best.

Unclebuck
03-26-2006, 04:59 PM
I hope you heard what he said about Jamaal.

I have never said Rick was not a good coach. I maintain that Rick is not the right coach for this team. There is a reason why NASCAR drivers dont get F1 rides. And there is a reason why Rick is not the right coach for this team. Its all about style of play (or driving)

Oh I heard what he said. And I don't disagree with what he said. Tinsley defended Iverson very well today, in fact he played him about as well as anyone could. If Tinsley can stay healthy, he can start forever, I have no problem with that, but his constant injuries disrupt the entire team

Ragnar
03-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Oh I heard what he said. And I don't disagree with what he said. Tinsley defended Iverson very well today, in fact he played him about as well as anyone could. If Tinsley can stay healthy, he can start forever, I have no problem with that, but his constant injuries disrupt the entire team

See the problem is that while Tinsley was out you tried to pretend that AJ was actually a better pg. You also made the outlandish claim that Tinsley would not do well in the more uptempo offense (this after making the opposite claim a couple of years ago).

Unclebuck
03-26-2006, 05:12 PM
See the problem is that while Tinsley was out you tried to pretend that AJ was actually a better pg. You also made the outlandish claim that Tinsley would not do well in the more uptempo offense (this after making the opposite claim a couple of years ago).

I never said Tinsley wouldn't do well in an up-tempo offense. He's very good in the open court, much better than AJ What I said was - he isn't that great in a "passing game" type offense. he isn't that good off the ball, and he at times stifles ball and player movement. And I stand by those comments. He brings other things to the game that may or may not more than offset those negatives.

Tinsley does tend to dominate the ball and he tends to want to make the "scoring pass" as opposed to just moving the ball to the open guy who can then make the scoring pass.

What I want to see from him is defense like he played today, I want to see him stay healthy and I want him to shoot outside shots beyond 15 feet only as a last resort.

Bball
03-26-2006, 05:30 PM

Was today a typical Rick Carlisle day as far as how he had the team playing?

Send Hubie the game tape of the first Charlotte loss this season... or some of those other 4-14 games we've played against sub par (allegedly) teams.

Rick Carlise is a great coach... except when he's not...

-Bball

HulkSmash!
03-26-2006, 05:33 PM

'04-'05
Eddie Gill
John Edwards
'03-'04
Jamison Brewer
'02-'03
Jamison Brewer
'01-'02
Jamison Brewer
Bruno Sundov
'00-'01
Tyus Edney
Bruno Sundov
Zan Tabak
'99-'00
Zan Tabak
'98-'99
Mark Pope
'97-'98
Mark Pope
Edtrick Bohannon
'96-'97
Brent Scott
'95-'96
Adrian Caldwell
Duane Schintzius Every team in the league has scrubs at the end of the bench.

Dr. Goldfoot
03-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Thanks for pointing that out smart guy.

Unclebuck
03-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Rick Carlise is a great coach... except when he's not...

-Bball

You often say that but I really don't understand what you mean.

Everytime the team plays bad does that mean the coach is bad.

See I think the most imortant thing about a coach is the tone that is set from the first minute of training camp, that sets the tone and the emphasis for the players. The Pacers have a great coaching foundation, all the basics are well set. Look at the Sixers for a team that doesn't have these things. Individual game decisions do not adversely impact the coaching foundation that has been set.

So if Rick "has a bad game" in his decision making that does not take away from the great job he's done laying the foundation.

Bball
03-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Every team in the league has scrubs at the end of the bench.

But only the Pacers have some of the highest paid players on the team there...

-Bball

Rytas_Jega
03-26-2006, 05:57 PM

'00-'01
Tyus Edney

Not many NBA bench players could do things Edney has done in Europe.

I have no idea what happened to him at Indiana.

Bball
03-26-2006, 06:12 PM
You often say that I realy don't understand what you mean.

Everytime the team plays bad does that mean the coach is bad.

See I think the most imortant thing about a coach is the tone that is set from the first minute of training camp, that sets the tone and the emphasis for the players. The Pacers have a great coaching foundation, all the basics are well set. Look at the Sixers for a team that doesn't have these things. Individual game decisions do not adversely impact the coaching foundation that has been set.

So if Rick "has a bad game" in his decision making that does not take away from the great job he's done laying the foundation.

I would imagine if Rick would sit down for a chat with some of the coaching greats of the modern era he'd hold his own, if not downright impress them with his knowledge and abilities. If Rick was to sit down and write a coaching "How to" book it probably would be required reading.

OTOH, he doesn't always bring that to the court.
I don't think he always trusts his own knowledge or players. Sometimes he seems not to see the forest for the trees. He retreats to his security blanket (goes into a 'prevent mode') too easily rather than sticking with what is working and letting the team keep their hands on the other teams' jugular or make a run at someone. Sometimes he simply gets outcoached and it is obvious to everyone but Rick that it's happening. Whether that is stubborness or what, I don't know.

I also question Rick's eye for young talent, or maybe it's a lack of tolerance for developing players.

And the eggtimer needs to be scrapped. I totally understand trying to get guys consistent minutes and a feel for when they will be playing BUT the eggtimer absolutely can't be the other team's best friend in silencing a Pacer hot-hand.

Rick is his own worst enemy at times yet doesn't seem to learn from past errors. Or maybe it's more appropriate to say he learns from them but can't keep himself from slowly falling back into his old ways and to that comfort zone.

I'm not sure if Rick needs a young team, or a veteran team. What I am sure of is he doesn't need a flawed team. He needs a team where the roles can be clearly defined and the options are limited.

That's what I mean by my comment.

-Bball

aceace
03-26-2006, 06:14 PM
The year we went injury free for most of the season and we won 61 games nobody was calling for Ricks head. Today was the first time really in 2 years that we've had a complete team (-Cro) Let Rick coach this starting lineup for awhile before we pass judgement. Its what we were supposed to start with and be dominant (Insert Peja for Artest) Lets evaluate this team at the end of the regular season.

Anthem
03-26-2006, 06:20 PM
But only the Pacers have some of the highest paid players on the team there...

-Bball
Not true, and you know it.

Chauncey
03-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Not many NBA bench players could do things Edney has done in Europe.

I have no idea what happened to him at Indiana.

:rolleyes:

BTW, sickest dunk I've seen in a long time today...that was redackulous.

Evan_The_Dude
03-26-2006, 06:25 PM
I don't understand what people mean when they say Rick lacks tolerance for developing players, and lacks an eye for young talent. I think he's done a better job developing the players on this team than any coach we've ever had. He does good at bringing out a players strengths to fit into the team concept... especially on the defensive side of the ball.

[please pardon my hangover - it took me 20 minutes to think of that paragraph and it still doesn't sound right to me...]

Ragnar
03-26-2006, 07:00 PM
The year we went injury free for most of the season and we won 61 games nobody was calling for Ricks head. Today was the first time really in 2 years that we've had a complete team (-Cro) Let Rick coach this starting lineup for awhile before we pass judgement. Its what we were supposed to start with and be dominant (Insert Peja for Artest) Lets evaluate this team at the end of the regular season.

There were people unhappy with him. I was one of them. You just get drowned out when they win 61 games in spite of the glaring flaws.

Knucklehead Warrior
03-26-2006, 07:14 PM
There were people unhappy with him. I was one of them. You just get drowned out when they win 61 games in spite of the glaring flaws.
That is just about the funniest thing i've read here in a long time.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Unclebuck
03-26-2006, 07:28 PM
For all of you who say that Rick is too rigid in his substitution patterns, I seem to remember the term "egg timer". How do you explain Granger's minutes. When he plays well he plays an awful lot.

Moses
03-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Do you guys really want to know the scary thing?

JO played like crap compared to his normal self. If he isn't in foul trouble and shakes off the rust, we have a very very very potent team. We have the best bench in the NBA hands down. I was looking today at the box score while watching the game and realized, how is carlisle going to run a 9 man rotation when we have 11 players capable of being very productive.

Another bad thing is that we comitted 29 turnovers. 29...Thats absolutely horrible..but we still won by 13. I also liked a few of the plays I watched of JO and Peja playing off of eachother. They were a little to friendly some times and often threw the ball back and forth to eachother trying to get eachother open. I think as time progresses and barring any unforseen injuries (knock on wood), This team has the ability to go far into the playoffs.

Moses
03-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Oh yeah, Tinsley ran the team like a champ. He didn't try and be the offensive player or star, he passed and did what he did best.

Unclebuck
03-26-2006, 07:43 PM
This may sound really strange but besides the turnovers, the Pacers played a great game today.

aceace
03-26-2006, 07:43 PM
Every team in the league has scrubs at the end of the bench.I'd give my left nut to be an NBA scrub!

Hicks
03-26-2006, 07:44 PM
I liked what I saw today, overall. Without breaking things apart, just going with a general vibe of the game, I was pretty happy.

It felt like now that we finally had our normal starting 5 together again, this team carried itself differently, and it suddenly looked a whole lot better. We've been running on duct tape for 2 years, and I think we've all forgotten that when you have the "big 5" all on the court together, they actually form a hell of a combination, while apart or in smaller groups they're average.

The fact that this was the first game they were all together and still won as they did despite a ton of turnovers has me encouraged. No one played out of their mind, and JO didn't have many points. But as a 5-man unit I really like what I see out of our starters. We are much, much harder to guard with this lineup because of Peja and JO. The key has to be energy by all five guys, in particular Jeff Foster, and Jamaal Tinsley can't get baited into taking a lot of long-range shots, or a bulk of shots in general unless they are layups.

I think if we stay healthy (knock on wood), we've become a potent team again.

Bball
03-26-2006, 07:56 PM
This may sound really strange but besides the turnovers, the Pacers played a great game today.

"Otherwise, how did you like the play, Mrs Lincoln?"
;)

I had some concerns heading into today's game that won't go away with just one win. ...nor would they be cemented with just one loss.

I don't think we'll get a good handle on things for a week or so anyway.

I thought we had 26 turnovers... to hear now that it was officially 29 turnovers gives me some real concern. But we won. We won't win many games turning the ball over like that though. I can live with some turnovers if they are from solid, aggressive play but some of the turnovers were just stupid. We have to be better than that against all teams... especially better teams. It's not like we were playing Detroit or San Antonio today.

-Bball

aceace
03-26-2006, 07:59 PM
:rolleyes:

BTW, sickest dunk I've seen in a long time today...that was redackulous.That dunk was sick...

Pacersfan.
03-26-2006, 08:11 PM
This team looks like it has that swagger and confidence back and expect to win the game instead of hoping they win it.

sweabs
03-26-2006, 08:21 PM
We were sloppy at times offensively and our turnovers certainly have got to come down; 29 is an epic number.

So how will Rick address this problem? :devil:

Peck
03-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Not to be a downer on this but I have to point out one thing.

This was a throw back to the old Jeff & Jermaine frontcourt that I loath so much. They did fine today, however we are talking about Dalembert & Webber.

Wait till we face a more physical frontline before we declare this a good thing.

Even some of you that like that lineup have to admit that in the past you've made it very clear that it was because Ron was physical that we coud get by with this front court.

Ron is not here now. As much as I love Peja I have to say that he is not a physical player.

Like I said, it worked like gangbusters today but we'll see.....

rexnom
03-26-2006, 08:27 PM
So how will Rick address this problem? :devil:

How about just letting the team be as is? Did anyone expect us to have a Piston-starters like number of TOs today? Of course it's high. These guys have never, never, played an NBA game with each other. Just let them get to know each other better. The TOs will go down. Sure, there may be more ISOs but I don't think we'll go back totally to what we had last year.

Anthem
03-26-2006, 08:45 PM
Man, I'm watching the game right now, and I've got to say I really like the Tinsley/Johnson backcourt. I'm trying to figure out how I'd feel about Tins/AJ as the starters and Saras/Jax as the backups.

I know Jax wouldn't go for it... that's a given. And there's a lot of teams where that's not ideal. Still, it seems like an interesting situational lineup that I'd like to see more of, especially while we're missing Freddy.

D-BONE
03-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Good debut for this starting unit. I try to be fair with my assessment of JT. I get on him when he doesn't play well, but I also give credit when due and I loved his play today. Not forcing so many shots and head down drives to the hoop. Great job by JT. Hope this is a portent of things to come for him.

Being fair about the win, however, Philly looks downright awful right now. They keep that up and they will play themselves right out of the eighth spot. Our defensive coverage of AI was awesome. OTOH, it does simplify the challenge immensely when there's only two scoring threats on the other team period.

All in all, good to get the W. Effort was encouraging. Miami and Phoenix on the dockett this week should provide a better indicator of this starting five.

Arcadian
03-26-2006, 08:52 PM
I glad we won but it is hard for me to get too excited. It was Philly at home.

I don't care about his coaching style Rick is a winner.

This teams biggest problem all season has been turnovers. It's not going to change untill we get another ball handler somewhere aside from pg spot.

I had some concerns heading into today's game that won't go away with just one win. ...nor would they be cemented with just one loss.

Really?

Bball
03-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Man, I'm watching the game right now, and I've got to say I really like the Tinsley/Johnson backcourt. I'm trying to figure out how I'd feel about Tins/AJ as the starters and Saras/Jax as the backups.

You best get rid of that notion because IMHO something is up and it's going to take an earthquake (or act of God) to get Sarunas in the game.

I don't know what it is... but something is up.

-Bball

Jumper
03-26-2006, 08:57 PM
The thing that I took away from the game today was how we came out of the gate in the second half. One thing about the Pistons that has always floored me was how they would go on those dominant runs where the opposotion couldn't get anything going. We looked like that for the first time in a long time. I know this was against the Sixers who have been down of late, but this is the same Pacer team that struggles with less than average opponents. And an NBA team is an NBA team. I like what I saw, I hope it continues, and I am looking forward to the playoffs.

Anthem
03-26-2006, 09:19 PM
You best get rid of that notion because IMHO something is up and it's going to take an earthquake (or act of God) to get Sarunas in the game.

I don't know what it is... but something is up.
Agreed. Has he played since he told news media that he should have gone to Cleveland?

Hicks
03-26-2006, 09:25 PM
I understand why some go there, but I give no excuses to Philly for losing. The Pacers this year have been the masters of blowing games to teams like this. To go from that, to blowing them out like we should is a very encouraging sign to me. Besides, wasn't it the consensus that Philly has owned us? Not today.

Bball
03-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Agreed. Has he played since he told news media that he should have gone to Cleveland?

That supposedly came out during the All-Star game (altho I think it was an earlier statement but the reporter just mentioned it then).

It seems like Saras initially played after the All-star break in his normal role.

-Bball

Hicks
03-26-2006, 09:37 PM
Human beings love to cook up fun conspiracies to answer every mystery, but usually the boring answer is the truth. It's probably because Rick knows Tinsley's the best PG, AJ's playing better than Sarunas, and Sarunas doesn't do well at SG. Furthmore, he probably just said, "Hey, I know you're a good player with a history and you have your pride, do you want to play in blowouts or not?". Rick has always respected his players; this wouldn't surprise me at all. That may not be what or how he said it, but the idea is there.

Bball
03-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Human beings love to cook up fun conspiracies to answer every mystery, but usually the boring answer is the truth. It's probably because Rick knows Tinsley's the best PG, AJ's playing better than Sarunas, and Sarunas doesn't do well at SG. Furthmore, he probably just said, "Hey, I know you're a good player with a history and you have your pride, do you want to play in blowouts or not?". Rick has always respected his players; this wouldn't surprise me at all. That may not be what or how he said it, but the idea is there.

I was thinking that too... until Freddie went down and it made no difference for Sarunas... and then Tinsley got his promotion to the starting lineup and Freddie was still gone and it made no difference for Sarunas. And then I got really curious. AJ and Sarunas could play together in that second unit. And for much of the season Sarunas was the PG for that second unit. Many people were surprised that AJ leapfrogged him to starting PG when Tinsley went down in the first place but the argument was Carlisle didn't want to break up the continuity of his second unit so kept them together (an elevated AJ to starter).

-Bball

Hicks
03-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Rick may also want a tighter playoff rotation. 8 men is pretty standard. Maybe he'd rather just do without one backup than have everyone get used to a completely different one while Fred's out. They'd be covering on defense as a team in a lot of ways they won't with Fred, and their offensive games are totally different too.

Peck
03-26-2006, 10:00 PM
I don't know, it does seem odd that with Jones down that Saras can't get off of the bench?

Early in the season he got to play all kinds of min. no matter who was or was not available.

I could be totally wrong but it just seems to me like Saras is being punished. I had totally forgotten about that interview where he said that he should have signed with the Cavs.

I still think it has more to do with the fact that he was telling anybody & everybody that he didn't want to play s.g., but I don't really know anything for sure.

It just seems odd.

Either way, it is a huge waste of money.

ghost
03-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Signing Runi made AJ play best ball in his life. I think noone has anything against AJ's game today. So, that's not complete waste of money.

OTD
03-26-2006, 10:28 PM

He also said that about now team wanted to meet the Pacers in the Play Offs

Unclebuck
03-26-2006, 11:15 PM

This was a throw back to the old Jeff & Jermaine frontcourt that I loath so much. They did fine today, however we are talking about Dalembert & Webber.

Wait till we face a more physical frontline before we declare this a good thing.

Even some of you that like that lineup have to admit that in the past you've made it very clear that it was because Ron was physical that we coud get by with this front court.

Ron is not here now. As much as I love Peja I have to say that he is not a physical player.

I can agree at least partially with what you are saying, but what choice do we have. Rick has to put his best lineup out there and try to get the team ready for the playoffs. And Harrison has regressed the last few games. He is out of position so often on defense it is driving me nuts. He goes for blocks that he has no chance to get that leaves his man to get offensive rebounds, but overall he still doesn't have a clue what he's doing in the team defense department.

Bball
03-26-2006, 11:17 PM
I can agree at least partially with what you are saying, but what choice do we have. Rick has to put his best lineup out there and try to get the team ready for the playoffs. And Harrison has regressed the last few games. He is out of position so often on defense it is driving me nuts. He goes for blocks that he has no chance to get that leaves his man to get offensive rebounds, but overall he still doesn't have a clue what he's doing in the team defense department.

What was Hubie saying about a player's offense and how it related to their defense? I was grabbing something to drink and I didn't hear his point. This reminded me about the topic.

-Bball

Unclebuck
03-26-2006, 11:19 PM
What was Hubie saying about a player's offense and how it related to their defense? I was grabbing something to drink and I didn't hear his point. This reminded me about the topic.

-Bball

I don't remember what he said about that. He did gush over Jeff Foster, I mean he really went on and on about him. So did Mike Brenn

FYI: just saw Tank Thompson doing halftime commentary for Kings TV

Edit: seems strange to me that no one has mentioned how well Jax played today. The thing I noticed today is the Pacers talent level is just much higher with JT and J.O in there with the starters

SoupIsGood
03-27-2006, 12:19 AM

.... and yet he outplayed Big Ben a couple days ago.

rexnom
03-27-2006, 12:22 AM
Edit: seems strange to me that no one has mentioned how well Jax played today. The thing I noticed today is the Pacers talent level is just much higher with JT and J.O in there with the starters

Whenever no one talks about Jack, he played well.

SoupIsGood
03-27-2006, 12:25 AM
Whenever no one talks about Jack, he played well.

Coincidently, we talk about him a lot, nearly every game...

Unclebuck
03-27-2006, 12:27 AM
.... and yet he outplayed Big Ben a couple days ago.

oops, he played well in that game, but other than that, he has regressed.

Jumper
03-27-2006, 01:41 AM
Here is what I got from Jax. With JO and Peja in the line up, Jax was the third option in the opponents eyes. For as much as Jax gets ragged on he is a good player, hell he is the only guy who has played every game for us this year, thank you Stephen much appreciated from over here. But anyhew, with the defense, or whatever you call what the Sixers were doing out there, focusing on limiting JO and Peja, SJax was able to do some considerable damage.

In the near future I see this happening quite a bit. It is a given defenses will key on stopping Jermaine, its only logical the guy is the best player on the team. The next logical guy to stop is Peja, but after that there is gonna be a mismatch and that plays into Jackson's strength. No this does not mean I am expecting 20+ points per game from Jax. I think it would be safe to assume that he will be good for 12-15 and the occasional outburst for 20+like today. I would expect Jermaine to be right above 20+ and Peja to be at about 17.5. In an ideal world this would keep Tinsley at about 3.5 points and 9.7 assists. Now if we could just do something about the 7 turnovers AJ had and make Jax run like his is 25 not 85 we could start sizing our rings now....

Lithfan
03-27-2006, 03:15 AM
I don't know, it does seem odd that with Jones down that Saras can't get off of the bench?

Early in the season he got to play all kinds of min. no matter who was or was not available.

I could be totally wrong but it just seems to me like Saras is being punished. I had totally forgotten about that interview where he said that he should have signed with the Cavs.

I still think it has more to do with the fact that he was telling anybody & everybody that he didn't want to play s.g., but I don't really know anything for sure.

It just seems odd.

Either way, it is a huge waste of money.

I see that everybody is quoting "Saras said he should have gone to Cleveland" thing, so I have to remind you that this info was a speculation coming from one of the PD French members that heard on the French TV that Saras said this to comentator in a private talk.?!?!?!

So it is just the rumorest rumored rumor:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19395&page=6

CableKC
03-27-2006, 03:16 AM
Actually...there is one thing that I saw during the end of the game that I haven't....EVER.

It was the play where SJax somehow stole the ball....had some type of a fastbreak......made it to the 3pt line with a WIDE open shot with no one near him......I was expecting him to do what he always does.....hoist it up, clank it off the rim and the Sixers move the ball up again.........but for some reason....he held onto the ball, DID NOT SHOOT IT and simply waited for the rest of the team to make it back and get into position.

I was shocked.........:-o

I'm guessing that because of the huge lead.....it was better to slow things down....but I was amazed.

waterjater
03-27-2006, 05:35 AM

Time will tell and I'm not sold on it either. Turnovers were everyones biggest complaint tonight and almost ALL of them came from ISO's.

Steven Jackson must have had 4+ TO's trying to take on all the Sixers in the 1st half when we got a decent lead. We seem to revert to ISO's when we get a lead.

BUT, at least we got back out of the ISO's and expanded the lead, so that was encouraging.

Water

Kegboy
03-27-2006, 01:20 PM
I don't remember what he said about that. He did gush over Jeff Foster, I mean he really went on and on about him. So did Mike Brenn

UB, did you hear the part where Breen called Tinsley a good defender? I thought of you. :flirt: