PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone on here know anything about xhtml coding?

Shade
03-26-2006, 04:04 PM
I have an assignment due by midnight tonight and the coding won't show up whenever I upload it to the server. I don't see what I'm doing wrong. Maybe something is incorrectly formatted. :shrug:

Also, how do I insert a bookmark link into the coding? I can't seem to find the tag structure for it. :banghead:

Hicks
03-27-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm OK with regular HTML, but I don't know what makes XHTML different. I thought it only added more tags, but I'm not sure.

What exactly do you mean by "the coding"? Is the assignment about programing a webpage?

Shade
03-27-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm OK with regular HTML, but I don't know what makes XHTML different. I thought it only added more tags, but I'm not sure.

What exactly do you mean by "the coding"? Is the assignment about programing a webpage?

It's not that different, it's mostly just less forgiving. You have to be sure to close all tags and everything is case-sensitive (all lower-case). Plus, you need a DOCTYPE declaration to make it work.

Yeah, the coding is just basically for an index page.

I only have a basic knowledge of regular HTML anyway. I managed to figure out everything except adding a bookmark link. I tried a couple different anchor tags, but couldn't get either to work.