PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Discs

8.9_seconds
03-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Does anybody know how to clean dirty/possibly scratched X-box discs? One of my favorite games, MLB 2K5, is scratched I guess. I don't know if it actually is, or if it's just crapped out, I've heard a few things about faulty X-box games.

I've tried windex.....it didn't work.

Will somebody please help me!!!

brichard
03-26-2006, 02:47 AM
Does anybody know how to clean dirty/possibly scratched X-box discs? One of my favorite games, MLB 2K5, is scratched I guess. I don't know if it actually is, or if it's just crapped out, I've heard a few things about faulty X-box games.

I've tried windex.....it didn't work.

Will somebody please help me!!!

Most discs I've ever cleaned have the following directions:

1. Wipe from the center to the edges.
2. Use a cotton cloth.
3. I don't think they recommend cleaners other than water or maybe some soapy water.

If you discs are fried, you are kind of screwed. There probably is a method out there to copy your Xbox discs, but I've not read up on it. I know at one time there was a program called CDClone and it actually copied the raw data from one disc to another for CD's. The nice thing is that sometimes I was able to copy a scratched disc and the copy would not skip.

Not sure I helped at all, but good luck!

Unclebuck
03-26-2006, 11:06 AM
I read yesterday in Indystar.com that toothpaste will get rid of the scratches. You have to use paste, not gel, and you can't use any water, I forget what type of cloth it said to use, but it said just keep rubbing until, the paste desolves.

I read this in one of the little advise columns you the ones where people write in

pacercoltfan
03-26-2006, 01:53 PM
I've had some dvd's that were scratched before and I used cd cleaner and it worked. Maybe you could try that. I've never really had that problem with any of my games so I couldn't tell you if it works or not.