PDA

View Full Version : The Official Pacers vs. Pistons Post-Game Thread (Pacers lose, 75-72)

Shade
03-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Damn good game down the stretch. The Pistons are simply a better team right now.

Gotta build on this effort as the regular season winds down. Tins and JO should return to the starting line-up soon.

Jermaniac
03-24-2006, 10:18 PM
This game was lost when Rick took out the hot lineup. Tins-Jack-Danny-JO-Hulk, we finally found something that was going for us and he calls a timeout when we have a 7 point lead and he takes out Danny and Hulk. We made alot of dumb mistakes, and thats what seperates a team like the Pistons from a team like us they dont make those mistakes.

Pacersfan.
Good job Pacers! Even though they lost, this shows they can hang in tough with the Pistons. The Pacers will only get better from here on out.

Lord Helmet
Well I knew we'd find some way to **** up the comeback, we always do.

The Pistons deserved this one, though. They were the ones who played 100% the entire game and we simply did not.

Pacersfan.
03-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey, our D did pretty well.

Moses
03-24-2006, 10:21 PM
One positive aspect about this game is that we finished somewhat strong. Carlisle really needs to work on his end game plays though..I realize they played great defense on that last play, but it's just a recurring theme. If we are down by 1 and we have the ball for the final possession, 9 times out of 10, it's a loss.

Oh well, This game was exciting to watch towards the end. I'm surprised we came back there towards the end.

sweabs
03-24-2006, 10:21 PM
No reason to hang our heads after this one.

We just gave the Pistons a huge scare and played 3 quarters of horrible, ugly, lackadaisacal, and apathetic basketball. I think we can definitely take some positives away from that.

I was very happy to see that Rick left Danny out during crunch time. Was wondering where Hulk was to be found during most of the 2nd half, however...

Pacersfan.
03-24-2006, 10:23 PM
We needed a tough game like this to be able to get back on track and stop losing to all the bad teams.

rexnom
03-24-2006, 10:24 PM
I dunno about you guys but I feel ok about the playoffs. I'm not overly worried.

sweabs
03-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Sometimes I wonder if Tinsley had "Iverson" or "Bryant" written on the back of his jersey, if he would become a big-time player. The guy takes a lot of abuse and punishment on a lot of his shots, but he doesn't seem to get many calls. I have seen Iverson get a lot of those calls...

Jermaniac
03-24-2006, 10:26 PM
I'm very proud of how hard the guys fought, they need to fight like this everygame, even against crap teams not just the Pistons. Need to get the offense better but we should be fine.

Jermaniac
03-24-2006, 10:27 PM
Sometimes I wonder if Tinsley had "Iverson" or "Bryant" written on the back of his jersey, if he would become a big-time player. The guy takes a lot of abuse and punishment on a lot of his shots, but he doesn't seem to get many calls. I have seen Iverson get a lot of those calls...Iverson drives past a player throws the ball up and falls and gets FT's. Tins gets in the paint 45 people hit him, comes out with a stab wound and no foul. Stephen too, Stephen gets killed and he nevers gets a call.

waterjater
03-24-2006, 10:29 PM
When you look at what Texas did in the NCAA, sometimes you just gotta wonder why call a time out to set up a play. It also gives the defense a chance to set up.

I've seen numerous of big wins where the teams just push it up and hell, even get layups.

Coaching in the 3rd when we left sharing and moving the ball was the downfall. Coach should call a TO and stop that crap.

Also thought Hulk needed to play more in the 4th....what the heck happended to him?

Water

Doug
03-24-2006, 11:05 PM
Back from the game...

If I had to describe the crowd in one word, that word would be surly.

They DO NOT like the Pistons and were on the refs the whole game about the lack of calls.

Mourning
03-24-2006, 11:08 PM
I don't know guys. People start talking about taking good things from this game, but ehmm... I didn't see that many "good things" to be honest and I'm one of the sunshine brigade members. It's a little understandable with JO getting into the mix after two months, Jamaal in-and-out and Peja also having to get used to JO, not too mention we had to play one of the elite teams.

REALLY UGLY game tonight IMO though. SJax, JO and Jamaal turned the ball over in the 2nd and 3rd quarters in droves. From JO I can understand, but from Stephen and Jamaal and the way most of them happenned: sloppy passing, not focusing/concentrating on receiving, etc.

Then the shot selection. I didnt have a problem with Jamaal taking some shots, but please pick some good ones and not some chanceless 3pointer and WHY when you initiate the offense and every Piston player is already in defensive position do you move half around a player and then take a shot thats well defended and thats so chanceless and without even looking around for a pass? I mean against the Pistons! One of the best defensive teams. Thats like suicide.

I also thought Rick played JO a little too long in the 2nd quarter. JO, sorry, to say was bringing the team down at that time. He was rusty as hell, thats not something you can blame on him after his injury, but I thought David should have played a few more minutes in the 2nd and the 4th quarters. He seemed pretty well into the game.

AJ seemed ok, some pretty strange balls that went in, but they went in. Granger had a big 3pointer that was nice to see and Peja after starting pretty horribly got it going in the 4th and kept us in in my opinion for most of the 4th. I must say that I looked at his defense and I was not pleased. Maybe he was unlucky, but I thought Prince in the 1st and 2nd rained shots over him like he wasn't even there and Delfino after him seemed to be doing the same.

The only really positive things for me for tonight was that we can come back, though I didn't think the Pistons played really great and I don't think they went at play-off level during the 4th, and can make it a game IF we get fired up. The other positive thing is that I think I saw Peja taking and scoring a shot coming off a block by JO. That was nice. I wan't to see more from those two working with and of off each other the next game. Also JO started nailing some shots in the end.

Sorry guys, I just was not impressed and hardly amused by tonights game. This team has got quite some way to go, but they better do it fast because the play-offs aren't that far away anymore.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Pacersfan.
03-24-2006, 11:10 PM
Maybe, just maybe, Detroit didn't play as well as we thought they would because of the Pacers' defense.

Unclebuck
03-24-2006, 11:15 PM
I think what we all liked was the effort the Pacers showed tonight.

Doug
03-24-2006, 11:23 PM

There was effort, yes, but there was also a lack of focus for large, or at least in critical parts of, the game.

Lackidasical passes, questionable shots, open three-pointers, and we gave up way more offensive rebounds than I'd like (yes, I know it's the Pistons, I don't care.)

Hopefully this team will "jell" before the playoffs get here, because we are still fairly out of sync.

HulkSmash!
03-24-2006, 11:24 PM
M.H.M.H

Must Have More Harrison

Mourning
03-24-2006, 11:29 PM
I felt more like frustrated. Particularly when players don't guard their opponents who then start dropping shots on you while completely open. Or throwing balls off feet from teammates from less then three metres away. Not paying attention taking the ball out after a Pistons score and throwing it to a player that is beying defended by the two-time defensive player of the year, resulting in a turnover and I think a score (not sure though). Or making a travelling violation taking the ball in after a Pistons score.

Sorry, I saw the effort at the start in the 1st and from about the 9th or
10th minute in the 4th, but not much more. We kept Detroit honest with our defense for a decent part of the game, but our offense ... ewwww

What didn't help was that our station got the "show" from the Detroit Pistons Network and their HOMERS did the commenting :puke:

Regards,

Trader Joe
03-24-2006, 11:32 PM
Tough game to swallow tonight Peja was nonexistent for much of the game. JO showed some rust. Overall though I cant say I am too upset with the teams performance. They showed some heart to make the game interesting and the crowd was into it. Although I would like to point out that if Jack had performed like Peja did the first three quarters he would have been booed. Not sure what I am trying to say about our fan base here but you can take from it what you will just something I noticed. Not sure what Rick was going for with the inbounds play on those last 4 seconds. BUt I digress because as I said the team showed some heart.
Overall not a bad performance to say the least. Jack gave us a great game and I wish we could see more performances like this out of him. He played good D on Rip and he really showed some hustle. His turnovers are still a bit of a concern but oh well.
We need to keep up this heart against bad to mediocre teams and we will finish this season strong.

Mourning
03-24-2006, 11:37 PM
Tough game to swallow tonight Peja was nonexistent for much of the game. JO showed some rust. Overall though I cant say I am too upset with the teams performance. They showed some heart to make the game interesting and the crowd was into it. Although I would like to point out that if Jack had performed like Peja did the first three quarters he would have been booed. Not sure what I am trying to say about our fan base here but you can take from it what you will just something I noticed. Not sure what Rick was going for with the inbounds play on those last 4 seconds. BUt I digress because as I said the team showed some heart.
Overall not a bad performance to say the least. Jack gave us a great game and I wish we could see more performances like this out of him. He played good D on Rip and he really showed some hustle. His turnovers are still a bit of a concern but oh well.
We need to keep up this heart against bad to mediocre teams and we will finish this season strong.

Ehmmm... Jack gave us a great game? :shudder: Sure, he kept us from totalling not scoring anymore at points in the 2nd and 3rd, but wow! Some of the shots he took and some of those lazy, dumb passes, the bad defense in the first half. He got substituted for Jamaal at one time after another TO and rightfully so at that moment. He seemed to pick up at the defensive end in the 4th.

Regards,

Kstat
03-24-2006, 11:38 PM
What didn't help was that our station got the "show" from the Detroit Pistons Network and their HOMERS did the commenting :puke:

all Laimbeer did was rave about Harrison and Granger. He was only critical of calrisle leaving JO in too long over harrison.

owl
03-24-2006, 11:41 PM
Mourning said..."REALLY UGLY game tonight IMO though. SJax, JO and Jamaal turned the ball over in the 2nd and 3rd quarters in droves. From JO I can understand, but from Stephen and Jamaal and the way most of them happenned: sloppy passing, not focusing/concentrating on receiving, etc."

Unfortunately the mental part of the game will always be a weak part
of the Pacers until some of the make-up of the team is changed.
Just not a very basketball savy team.

owl

03-24-2006, 11:43 PM
I just got home and see 75 - 72?? Can someone say what happened? Why so low scores? Why could nobody score over 14-15 points? Looks like both teams played some tough defence?

Mourning
03-24-2006, 11:44 PM
all Laimbeer did was rave about Harrison and Granger. He was only critical of calrisle leaving JO in too long over harrison.

Yup! And he was right about that IMO, but that IRRITATING "Sit down" several times and then that "Indiana has given up, they are not playing anymore to win, not with effort"-crap in the middle of the 4th.

He also started talking about Granger beying a weakspot in the line up, because he couldnt guard anybody, except at the SF spot. Ok, so who do you then put in? David, but he has trouble rebounding, going up against Ben or Rasheed might not be such a good idea. Jeff? He had to take a brake, played quite sometime before that and we were trying to comeback, so you need some offense too.

I just didn't like his tone. Again, he was right about David IMO.

Regards,

Trader Joe
03-24-2006, 11:45 PM
Ehmmm... Jack gave us a great game? :shudder: Sure, he kept us from totalling not scoring anymore at points in the 2nd and 3rd, but wow! Some of the shots he took and some of those lazy, dumb passes, the bad defense in the first half. He got substituted for Jamaal at one time after another TO and rightfully so at that moment. He seemed to pick up at the defensive end in the 4th.

Regards,

I mean I think Jack showed some great effort. Like I said his turnovers are a concern, but he played good D on Rip holding him to 7/16 shooting for only 15 points. I think you may slightly underestimate the energy it may take to guard Rip which could have led to some of Jacks issues holding onto the ball. Jack is by far our best option for guarding Rip and did a decent job plus he crashed the boards. Cant say I am disapointed in Jacks performance Ive seen much worse from his this season.

FreshPrince22
03-24-2006, 11:53 PM
Good game guys... It was ugly both ways. Pistons played pretty crappy. That's obvious when they shoot 38% from the field and 4 of 13 from the FT line, but some of that is definately because of Indy's D. Indy defends Free Throws with the best of em :D

Hopefully this will make some people realize that the Pistons DO have a bench, they just don't get to play very many minutes.

Pacersfan.
03-24-2006, 11:55 PM
Freshprince is right that Detroit does have a decent bench, but hope Pistons fans see that the Pacers are still a pretty good team will be tough in the playoffs.

FreshPrince22
03-24-2006, 11:58 PM
Freshprince is right that Detroit does have a decent bench, but hope Pistons fans see that the Pacers are still a pretty good team will be tough in the playoffs.

No doubt. I have always thought the Pacers were a dangerous team.

sweabs
03-25-2006, 12:05 AM
That's obvious when they shoot 38% from the field and 4 of 13 from the FT line, but some of that is definately because of Indy's D. Indy defends Free Throws with the best of em :D

Well, it IS Ben Wallace after all. You didn't expect him to go 6/6 from the line, did you? The fact that the rest of your team went to the line only 7 times is more shocking to me...

FreshPrince22
03-25-2006, 12:17 AM
Well, it IS Ben Wallace after all. You didn't expect him to go 6/6 from the line, did you? The fact that the rest of your team went to the line only 7 times is more shocking to me...
I don't expect 8 for 8. But I expect at least 3 of 8 or 4 of 8.

Kstat
03-25-2006, 12:19 AM
I expect 4/8.

I know ben's capable of 2/8 and 6/8, but 1/8 is compeltely unacceptable.

Listening to Ben after tonight, he knows that.

SoupIsGood
03-25-2006, 12:25 AM
We lost, but I feel pretty good about it. After I saw how the third quarter was officiated, I knew we weren't going to win. That was just terrible.

We played great in spite of it, though - even with a bad game from JO.

What got into Lindsey Hunter? Man.

It was great to be at a game in which David went off like that. Too bad he didn't play more late. He can really score pretty decently against the Pistons.

SoupIsGood
03-25-2006, 12:26 AM
That play where David went right past Ben and slammed it home was just great. :D

Jermaniac
03-25-2006, 12:28 AM
The one on the fast break when Tins passed him the ball and he was flying through the air like Tarzan was sick. A one handed dunk from David dont usually see those.

sweabs
03-25-2006, 12:28 AM
Well, in my ideal world we go at least 2/8 or 3/8 in terms of open layups, but I guess things don't always swing the way you want them to...:mad:

Eindar
03-25-2006, 02:19 AM
We lost, but I feel pretty good about it. After I saw how the third quarter was officiated, I knew we weren't going to win. That was just terrible.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this.

Antonio
03-25-2006, 04:42 AM
Peja + Tinsley + AJ + Jackson + Foster = 15 easy lay-ups missed

CableKC
03-25-2006, 04:51 AM
I just saw the highlights on ESPNEWS.

Why did the ball go to Granger for the final shot?

Was everyone else covered?

CableKC
03-25-2006, 04:54 AM
It would seem that there has been a rash of missed lay-ups lately......anyone else notice that?

03-25-2006, 07:10 AM

Was everyone else covered?

Peja was standing exactly next to Danny at the 3PT line, Peja had much more room to shoot and also SJAX was wide open on the other side of the court. I guess Danny made a rookie move & thought he could shoot over the best defender in the league Ben Wallace, who did exactly the same Block against Reggie to end his career...

317Kim
03-25-2006, 09:32 AM
That play where David went right past Ben and slammed it home was just great. :D

:grinyes: HULK SMASHED!

Hulk was pretty awesome during the first quarter but during a timeout, his wrist was really red and he was in some pain. :(

D-BONE
03-25-2006, 10:44 AM

Seemingly easy lay-ups. However, the Wallace boys completely intimidate with their shot blocking presence. Even when they don't actually challenge the shot, people are looking for them. Credit Pistons D for many of these missed opportunities.

I would agree with sentiments that we played hard and that's a positive to take away. I thought Detroit played pretty poorly (partly due to our D) and still came away with a W.

Speaking of intimidation, I thought Peja was completely off his game as an obvious result of the physical style of Detroit. He just looked scared all game long. Not very agressive. About the last play, looked to me like he was supposed to pop out to the arc where DG ended shooting, but couldn't free himself off a screen. Appeared DG realized it was taking too long and just opted to pop out himself. I could be wrong on that.

JT, Jack, JO- spurts of good play or a few good individual plays, but offset by numerous bad ones. Does JO ever pass out of the post? One time I swear he got it in the lane, put his head down hell-bent on getting a move and shot, and all the Pistons just converged on him and stripped him.

JT-Decent game. Same deal. Some nice plays offset by some questionable ones, such as ill-advised forays into the lane against tough defenders backed by great shot blockers. Sounds like the Denver game all over again.

This concept that he doesn't get calls is an excuse. You won't usually get calls forcing the issue when there's a low chance for success...unless you are a superstar. Yet saying would Tins get calls if his jersey read Iverson or Bryant I find silly b/c in order for that to happen you have to be as good as those players. So the comparison is moot. Don't get me wrong, he played hard and I'm not saying he had a BAD game.

Wish Foster and DH would have seen more minutes. I know Detroit's a great defensive team, so that made our offense seem really bad. However, I think a couple keys to how we finish the year are whether Peja can be consistently active and agressive in getting and making shots and whether we can get good play from our PG spot.

Tim
03-25-2006, 11:25 AM
Call me crazy but I think we could have sneaked out with a win if we could have let Danger get three more could looks at the basket in the second half.

I was expecting a loss but I thought it would not be as close as it was.

Jermaniac
03-25-2006, 11:59 AM

Was everyone else covered?He wasnt supposed to get the ball, Jack and Peja couldnt get open and Tins just threw the ball to him across the court. He should have passed the ball to Peja when Peja ran at him but its okay, its not his fault our coaches cant draw up a damn play.

Hicks
03-25-2006, 12:16 PM
That was not the coaches fault. You said yourself the real problem; the others couldn't get open. Don't blame the coaches for that.

Jermaniac
03-25-2006, 12:23 PM
He is supposed to draw up a play for them to get open. They just ran out and stood in place, why was JO not on Peja's side to set a screen for him to come off of? Why wasnt Peja moving at all when Tins was trying to throw in the ball?

Carlisle's fault. The guy cant coach when it matters the most.

D-BONE
03-25-2006, 12:34 PM
He is supposed to draw up a play for them to get open. They just ran out and stood in place, why was JO not on Peja's side to set a screen for him to come off of? Why wasnt Peja moving at all when Tins was trying to throw in the ball?

Carlisle's fault. The guy cant coach when it matters the most.

Your description of them "standing in place" sounds more like a problem of execution by the players to me. In addition to Peja unable to get free, there are surely several other options on that play, too, that were unavailable. I'd say their D succeeded and we failed. Pretty simple really.

BabbleOn
03-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Sometimes I wonder if Tinsley had "Iverson" or "Bryant" written on the back of his jersey, if he would become a big-time player. The guy takes a lot of abuse and punishment on a lot of his shots, but he doesn't seem to get many calls. I have seen Iverson get a lot of those calls...
You're kidding, right?

I mean, you have to be kidding.

You know, sometimes I wonder if Darko's jersey said "Russell" on the back...

BabbleOn
03-25-2006, 01:11 PM
This is also ludicrous. I don't even like the Pacers and I was frustrated by their lack of concentration and effort.

My my, how your standards have fallen.

Sarcasm?

SoupIsGood
03-25-2006, 01:13 PM
My my, how you're standards have fallen.

If our standards are too low for you, feel free to leave. :D

sweabs
03-25-2006, 01:14 PM
You're kidding, right?

I mean, you have to be kidding.

You know, sometimes I wonder if Darko's jersey said "Russell" on the back...

I guess you didn't understand what I was trying to say.

If he got the calls that Iverson usually gets, he would be averaging a lot more points just on the basis that he'd be going to the line wayyyyy more often. However, sometimes I feel as though the refs withold from blowing their whistle because it's Tinsley and nothing more.

However, as D-Bone suggested, he has to earn that respect over time (which will require him to stay healthy and consistent).

Thanks for not being patronizing about it.

Aw Heck
03-25-2006, 01:26 PM

Well when your team goes through 2 seasons of a seemingly endless cycle through hell, suspensions, injuries, and Artest, you tend to lower your expectations a bit.

But you wouldn't know anything about that.

Do you expect the Detroit Lions to win the Super Bowl every year? If not, my my, how your standards have fallen.

grace
03-25-2006, 01:43 PM
This is also ludicrous. I don't even like the Pacers and I was frustrated by their lack of concentration and effort.

Sarcasm?

If lack of concentration and effort is a source of frustration for you try watching the Bulls sometime. You'll see what frustration really is.

BabbleOn
03-25-2006, 01:52 PM
I guess you didn't understand what I was trying to say.

If he got the calls that Iverson usually gets, he would be averaging a lot more points just on the basis that he'd be going to the line wayyyyy more often. However, sometimes I feel as though the refs withold from blowing their whistle because it's Tinsley and nothing more.

However, as D-Bone suggested, he has to earn that respect over time (which will require him to stay healthy and consistent).

Thanks for not being patronizing about it.

I'n not trying to patronize, exactly. Just wanted to point out what a homer comment it looked like.

To answer your original question more directly: no, Jamaal Tinsley wouldn't be scoring any more than he is now, because he's not as smart/talented/gifted as players like Iverson or Bryant.

rexnom
03-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Is anyone else just happy that once again we played the Pistons tough? If we play them in the playoffs then I expect an even tougher series than last year. And I think they do too...

About rotations, I think Carlisle recognized what our best lineup come crunch-time was: Tinsley, Jack, Peja, Danny, and JO. In the end, I don't think that's too bad. Once those guys get used to each other more you'll see more ball movement and the offense should pick up. We're already set on defense. I mean, how many points did the Pistons towards the end of the game? How many field goals? I know we didn't get any either but considering their 5 guys have been together a good two years basically without interruption and this is our second game, I feel OK about that. I'll attribute it to good defense.

BabbleOn
03-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Well when your team goes through 2 seasons of a seemingly endless cycle through hell, suspensions, injuries, and Artest, you tend to lower your expectations a bit.

But you wouldn't know anything about that.

Do you expect the Detroit Lions to win the Super Bowl every year? If not, my my, how your standards have fallen.
The Pacers are not - will never be - as embarrassing and hopeless as the Lions.

But I don't understand why that's such a terrible thing to say. Your standards have fallen, and I guess I didn't fully understand that until now. Narrowing the gap against Detroit in the 4th shouldn't forgive how badly the Pacers played in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, and I'm amazed how an old forum vet like UB would take satisfaction from this game.

rexnom
03-25-2006, 02:12 PM
The Pacers are not - will never be - as embarrassing and hopeless as the Lions.

But I don't understand why that's such a terrible thing to say. Your standards have fallen, and I guess I didn't fully understand that until now. Narrowing the gap against Detroit in the 4th shouldn't forgive how badly the Pacers played in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, and I'm amazed how an old forum vet like UB would take satisfaction from this game.

You have a valid point. And I am one of those guys that year after year expects the Pacers to make a run for the ECF. However, the facts are that this team is in transition right now. We're really changing as a team and guys haven't really played much with each other and we all know changes are coming. Thus it's hard sometimes not to look at a game like this and say "well, at least they didn't give up." Because they could have and we just could have passed it of as "the Pistons are the better team," which they are.

BabbleOn
03-25-2006, 02:29 PM
You have a valid point. And I am one of those guys that year after year expects the Pacers to make a run for the ECF. However, the facts are that this team is in transition right now. We're really changing as a team and guys haven't really played much with each other and we all know changes are coming. Thus it's hard sometimes not to look at a game like this and say "well, at least they didn't give up." Because they could have and we just could have passed it of as "the Pistons are the better team," which they are.
My whole thing is, the Hawks and Raptors and Celtics, even the Bobcats, don't seem satisfied when they lose to the Pistons, especially if they play hard.

You know what? Maybe I should be glad that Detroit's greatest competitor is simply happy to have kept the score close.

CableKC
03-25-2006, 02:34 PM
Peja was standing exactly next to Danny at the 3PT line, Peja had much more room to shoot and also SJAX was wide open on the other side of the court. I guess Danny made a rookie move & thought he could shoot over the best defender in the league Ben Wallace, who did exactly the same Block against Reggie to end his career...
Was it an inbound pass to Granger?

or

Did the ball go directly to Granger when moving the ball upcourt?

Eindar
03-25-2006, 02:37 PM
My whole thing is, the Hawks and Raptors and Celtics, even the Bobcats, don't seem satisfied when they lose to the Pistons, especially if they play hard.

You know what? Maybe I should be glad that Detroit's greatest competitor is simply happy to have kept the score close.

What are you talking about? Those teams you mentioned, they don't have fans, so it's hard to tell whether they're satisfied with keeping the score close, and to be honest, if this mythical "Hawks Fan" you keep talking about isn't happy with his awful team playing a close game against the best team in the league, record-wise, his expectations are WAY too high.

You see, we're educated sports fans. We realize that we've got one super sub injured, and 2 starters still shaking off rust, and an entire unit that has played a grand total of 2 games together this season. We're going to be a .500 club for the next 10 games or so. It's probably that you just don't understand what it's like to deal with injuries and such, since you haven't had to deal with it for 2+ years now.

That's ok, perhaps we'll get the 8th seed and enter the playoffs fully healthy, and put an eye-popping ***-kicking on your crappy JV team that will get their doors blown off by either the Mavs or the Spurs.

How does it feel to know you're playing for 2nd place?

BabbleOn
03-25-2006, 03:45 PM
That's ok, perhaps we'll get the 8th seed and enter the playoffs fully healthy, and put an eye-popping ***-kicking on your crappy JV team that will get their doors blown off by either the Mavs or the Spurs.

How does it feel to know you're playing for 2nd place?
IOW, if the Pacers lose to Dallas or SAS by a mere 10-15 during this "stretch" of injuries, it will be viewed as a moral victory in Indiana?

LOL@Pacer fans who are too sensitive.

SoupIsGood
03-25-2006, 03:59 PM
IOW, if the Pacers lose to Dallas or SAS by a mere 10-15 during this "stretch" of injuries, it will be viewed as a moral victory in Indiana?

leave. :D

:whistle:

Aw Heck
03-25-2006, 04:18 PM

You clearly don't understand and you never will.

You've been watching the best, most consistent, most healthy, and luckiest team in the league all season. In other words, the complete opposite of the Pacers.

Maybe if you had, oh, I don't know, WATCHED more than 5 of the Pacers' games this season you'd understand what type of team the Pacers have at this moment. This team is nowhere near the league of the NBA's elite. They haven't been healthy enough, nor consistent enough to reach that type of level. When your starting lineup is changing constantly, there's almost no way to gel as a team.

And we understand that. We don't expect to compete for a championship this year. Our expectations are not that high.

Maybe if you had to deal with a situation like we have, you'd understand (probably not, but worth a try). Imagine that Rasheed Wallace destroys your team for the past two seasons and you have to trade him mid-season for a somewhat inferior player. Meanwhile Ben Wallace and Chauncey Billups miss a good chunk of the season due to injury. McDyess goes out for the season because of concussions. Your starting lineup continually changes because of a constant stream of injuries. You record starts hovering around .500. Are you telling me, with a team like that, that you would honestly be angry if that team hung around in a game with the Spurs or Heat and lost by only a few points?

Shade
03-25-2006, 04:19 PM

You've been watching the best, most consistent, most healthy, and luckiest team in the league all season. In other words, the complete opposite of the Pacers.

Maybe if you had, oh, I don't know, WATCHED more than 5 of the Pacers' games this season you'd understand what type of team the Pacers have at this moment. This team is nowhere near the league of the NBA's elite. They haven't been healthy enough, nor consistent enough to reach that type of level. When your starting lineup is changing constantly, there's almost no way to gel as a team.

And we understand that. We don't expect to compete for a championship this year. Our expectations are not that high.

Maybe if you had to deal with a situation like we have, you'd understand (probably not, but worth a try). Imagine that Rasheed Wallace destroys your team for the past two seasons and you have to trade him mid-season for a somewhat inferior player. Meanwhile Ben Wallace and Chauncey Billups miss a good chunk of the season due to injury. McDyess goes out for the season because of concussions. Your starting lineup continually changes because of a constant stream of injuries. You record starts hovering around .500. Are you telling me, with a team like that, that you would honestly be angry if that team hung around with the Spurs or Heat and lost by only a few points?

QFT

BabbleOn
03-25-2006, 06:28 PM

Maybe if you had to deal with a situation like we have, you'd understand (probably not, but worth a try). Imagine that Rasheed Wallace destroys your team for the past two seasons and you have to trade him mid-season for a somewhat inferior player. Meanwhile Ben Wallace and Chauncey Billups miss a good chunk of the season due to injury. McDyess goes out for the season because of concussions. Your starting lineup continually changes because of a constant stream of injuries. You record starts hovering around .500. Are you telling me, with a team like that, that you would honestly be angry if that team hung around in a game with the Spurs or Heat and lost by only a few points?

Ok fine. I'm not here to debate the Indiana Woes.

Let me explain my POV: I still expect the Pacers to be tough any time we play them. The Pacers are as well coached as any team, they are as deep as any team, they're loaded with veteran players and they've learned how to win through adversity. So when they played as badly as they did Thursday, I was surprised. I expected you guys to be equally ashamed of their play.

Now I'm here saying as much, and you guys think I'm crazy.

Your team is too talented & experienced to have such a "happy to be here" attitude.

And the humor is not lost on me that a Piston fan is essentially saying "Quit feeling sorry for yourselves." This is damn near bordering on Nobel Peace Prize material.

jmoney2584
03-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Look guys, im just like all of you...i get outta bed in the morning and put my pants on one leg at a time, except once my pants are on i recognize all-star potential....i've got a fever and the only prescription is more david harrison.

SoupIsGood
03-25-2006, 07:22 PM
Look guys, im just like all of you...i get outta bed in the morning and put my pants on one leg at a time, except once my pants are on i recognize all-star potential....i've got a fever and the only prescription is more david harrison.

:rockon2:

That was amazing!

Edit- you have been sigquoted :cool:

Raskolnikov
03-26-2006, 08:33 AM
QFT
Quantum Field Theory?