PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Harrison the Ball = Beating the Pistons

HulkSmash!
03-24-2006, 08:29 PM
The Pistons can't defend David Harrison. He's too big for Ben Wallace to handle and too strong for Rasheed Wallace to handle. If we meet the Pistons in the playoffs, making David Harrison a prime offensive weapon will go a long ways towards being successful. David Harrison is the X-Factor.

Los Angeles
03-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Jinx alert.

The game isn't even half over. :mad: :mad: :mad:

jcouts
03-24-2006, 08:45 PM
if you think that a team that has been to the NBA finals the past 2 years isn't going to make proper adjustments as the game progresses, then you've had about 4 more beers than I've had...

HulkSmash!
03-24-2006, 08:48 PM
What would those adjustments be? If you cant stop someone, you cant stop them. Dale Davis would be an option, and ofcourse we could always see the worldwide debut of "Hack-A-Hulk"

HulkSmash!
03-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Anthony Johnson is sickeing to watch. He's the most selfish player on the team and he's our point guard. He needs to stop with the terrible leaning 18' jumpshots and start feeding the unstoppable beast down in the paint.

jcouts
03-24-2006, 08:57 PM
I've been a Pacers supporter my entire life, but I can't say I put Harrison with the likes of Jordan, Bird, Shaq, Kobe, Chamberlain or others that "couldn't be stopped". I also watched Harrison in person score 10 points quickly in Denver in January, and then do nothing else once help-side adjustments were made. Do you have any memory of how often Rik Smits scored 10 points in the first quarter and then managed 1 or 2 baskets the remainder of the game? It happened quite often.

HulkSmash!
03-24-2006, 09:01 PM
Terrible logic.

Jermaniac
03-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Its quite sad that our coach doesnt know the meaning of riding the hot hand. He beleive's that a NBA player cant play 12 minutes straight of basketball. Its really amazing actually that a NBA coach is this slow. Taking out your hotest player for no damn reason, Hulk was killing the Pistons and he takes him out because he wrote that Harrison goes out at this time before the game. God Bless Rick Carlisle, what an amazing coach.

Moses
03-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I really don't know why Carlisle always does take out the hot hand. I'll take 20 minutes of dominating Harrison over 10 minutes of dominating and another 20 of just drifting around doing nothing.

BlueNGold
03-24-2006, 09:56 PM
Carlisle does not want to win. Otherwise he would have Hulk in there.

Jon Theodore
03-25-2006, 01:32 AM
ME and my dad were discussing this as we watched the game, even though it seemed like the Pistons were simply toying with us for the most part.

HulkSmash!
03-25-2006, 01:41 AM
It's not just the Pistons, it's most teams. Harrison is so big and strong, yet he's also got good mobility and shoots very smart, very hard to defend shots.

How the hell did this guy slip to #29? LOL
A list of the some impact players drafted ahead of Harrison, some of them drafted waaaay ahead...
Devin Harris
Josh Childress
Rafael Araujo
Luke Jackson
Andris Biedrins
Robert Swift
Kris Humphries
Dorell Wright
Pavel Podkolzine
Viktor Khryapa
Sergei Monia
Tony Allen
Sasha Vujacic
Beno Udrih

Kstat
03-25-2006, 01:43 AM
Biedrins and Childress are going to be good players but other than that I agree with the list.

BlueNGold
03-25-2006, 12:40 PM
I have been a huge DH fan since he joined the Pacers. He is only now scratching the surface of his potential. What is most interesting about him is the combination of his athleticism, bulk and soft touch. How many players his size run the floor the way he does and have a sweet 12 foot stroke? If he harnesses that raw talent, matures and works on his development, he will be an all star.

Lord Helmet
03-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Anthony Johnson is sickeing to watch. He's the most selfish player on the team and he's our point guard. He needs to stop with the terrible leaning 18' jumpshots and start feeding the unstoppable beast down in the paint.
:rolleyes:

Most selfish? Try again.

SoupIsGood
03-25-2006, 12:54 PM
It's not just the Pistons, it's most teams. Harrison is so big and strong, yet he's also got good mobility and shoots very smart, very hard to defend shots.

How the hell did this guy slip to #29? LOL
A list of the some impact players drafted ahead of Harrison, some of them drafted waaaay ahead...
Devin Harris
Josh Childress
Rafael Araujo
Luke Jackson
Andris Biedrins
Robert Swift
Kris Humphries
Dorell Wright
Pavel Podkolzine
Viktor Khryapa
Sergei Monia
Tony Allen
Sasha Vujacic
Beno Udrih

Dude you rawk!

rexnom
03-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Biedrins and Childress are going to be good players but other than that I agree with the list.

What about Devin Harris? And he's quite good right now for one of the best teams in the league.

PacerMan
03-25-2006, 02:47 PM
What about Devin Harris? And he's quite good right now for one of the best teams in the league.

That's not what they were saying on the teams site. And he wasn't playing at ALL once the injured pg came back. Selfish, not quick enough, major disappointment, etc were being tossed around in discussions of him. That WAS a month or so ago, don't know if he's had a 'rebirth'.

Shade
03-25-2006, 02:47 PM
C'mon, Soup, you know you can't have two accounts here. :sarcasm:

You know you :love: my av. ;)

SoupIsGood
03-25-2006, 03:35 PM
C'mon, Soup, you know you can't have two accounts here. :sarcasm:

Curses, foiled again! ;)