PDA

View Full Version : Conference Finals

Jose Slaughter
03-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Dr. Badd will take on Pacer Tom in the Western finals.

The East is not finished yet. Mourning will advance but my team has decided to put up a fight after being down 3-0. I've come back and taken games 4 & 5. Game 6 is still to young to see how its going but I do have a couple good scores for game 7 already posted so if it goes that far I really might have a shot.

How ya feelin' Rcary?

sweabs
03-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Scared.

And pissed off at my guys. Elton Brand used to be a guaranteed 50-60 point guy. Now he's no where close. Chris Wilcox is eating up all the points Rashard should be getting.

This series is definitely going to 3-2...I'm really hoping I can pull things out in Game 6 so I don't have to do a Game 7 (where I'll lose).

Slick Pinkham
03-23-2006, 12:12 PM
That Cedar City squad could give me some trouble, especially with Gerald Wallace going down, Mihm still out, and a Shaq vacation on the horizon.

I'll be OK if the "DNP-hangnail" Marcus Camby shows up a few times, rather than the 70 FP in 35-40 min Marcus Camby. Either one is equally likely. What a crapshoot it must be to own him, but playing against him is always scary.

DrBadd01
03-23-2006, 05:34 PM
Having Camby isn't scary at all. Now Have Camby and Brad Miller this far in the playoffs. . .. that is kind of scary.

Jose Slaughter
03-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Congrats Rcarey

You got me in 6. Good luck against Mourning

sweabs
03-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Man, I guess JRich and Elton heard me *****ing about them.

Both come out with MONSTER performances in Game 6. Now we just need Rashard getting back to his all-star self and the triple headed monster will be back in full effect...hopefully.

Good series Jose!

Slick Pinkham
03-24-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm hurting here.

Mihm out, maybe for the season.
Tsakaledis out for at least a week.
Mo Williams out indefinitely
Gerald Wallace day-to-day
Ben Gordon putting up 0.3 FPPM games

Sheesh. Two weeks ago I was scoring 240 on a bad night. The waiver wire pile of talent is pretty thin, so I guess I'm praying for quicker-than-expected recoveries.

I'm due for that, since I've been burned by dropping injured players and THEN having them come back quicker than expected.

Sorry for the whine.

It looks like the end may be near, unless Shaq finds some youth pills.

Mourning
03-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Ok, on to the next round! :) Thanks Burnzone! Your team lost, but several games were certainly closer then the 4-1 record would seem to indicate.

Ok, so I will be facing Rcarey! Remember the draft, while we both were on the chat a LOT? That was cool. I do remember you beying VERY surprised with Elton still beying around when your turn to pick came that was funny. Like "whaaaaat? How can this be?" :).

This will be a tough series. I think my starters are all pretty good, except James he's VERY good, but I'm not happy about what Dalembert gave me the last 2+ weeks. His minutes have plummetted and so have his scores, that sucks and has me worried. But, overall I can't really complain about the number of injuries I have suffered over the season, so I won't now either.

Rasheed is now my main player at centre IF Rasheed can keep picking up for Samuel then I think I can give you a good fight, provided my normal starters (Jefferson, Jamison, James and Miles) don't start dudding games collectively;) and my bench doesn't eat all my starter minutes (:uhoh:), otherwise it will be tough for me.

I'm hoping for a nice and long series here*. Goodluck!

Best regards,

Mourning :cool:

* with me winning in the end, hopefully!;) :D :D :D

sweabs
03-24-2006, 12:28 PM
Good luck, Mourning.

I don't like having to go up against LBJ in playoffs...ugh.......looking at his stat line from an opposing team's perspective is hell each and every time.

Anyway, since Al Jefferson is being a big wuss again, I'm going to need Eddie Jones to keep up the stellar play. When I traded for him, he was doing exceptional, but has since fell from that point. However, as of late he has been very good again and I hope he can continue that.

I'm a little scared about what Darius could do for you as well. He could either make it or break it in my eyes...once in a while he comes out with huge numbers that can single-handedly win you a game.

Did I mention I am afraid of LBJ?

Good luck!

Jose Slaughter
03-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Sorry but I'm gonna have to root for a western conference team to win it all.

The cost of shipping a trophy internatinal might be too much to bear for our leagues limited budget. Especially if it has to cross the pond.

Mourning
03-24-2006, 01:21 PM

The cost of shipping a trophy internatinal might be too much to bear for our leagues limited budget. Especially if it has to cross the pond.

You forgot to mention rookies aswell!!! :soapbox:

;)

Regards,

PS: IF I win this I will sooooo put this in your face! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)

sweabs
03-24-2006, 01:30 PM

Oh - that's it. Mourning...one of us have to win it all now!

It's the foreigners VS. The USA!!!

By the way - it seems like yesterday we were in that chat room discussing strategy during the draft. And look at this - the 2 foreigners AND rookies are in the Final 4. :devil:

Mourning
03-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Oh - that's it. Mourning...one of us have to win it all now!

It's the foreigners VS. The USA!!!:

Sure, no problem just get out of my way or screw up your lineup, so I can go to the finals and I'll clean up that pesky remaining American dude for you there :devil:

By the way - it seems like yesterday we were in that chat room discussing strategy during the draft. And look at this - the 2 foreigners AND rookies are in the Final 4. :devil:

Yup! I remember you talking about expecting me to pick Camby. I think I took Jamison with that pick. I think a lot could be said for both choices. My seeding no doubt is better with choosing Jamison, so my road to the Conference Finals wasn't blocked by you until now. On the other hand having Camby at Center now is sort of a wetdream, offcourse.

I'm sure Jose put us in the same conference so we couldn't meet in the finals ... has the smell of conspiracy and fear hanging over it :plot:

;)

Regards,

sweabs
03-24-2006, 10:40 PM
OH DEAR GOD.

I'm not even about to start counting up how many points Lebron just dropped on me. Enough to single-handedly own me, I'm sure.

Yay! Good start. This is what I was afraid of.

Mourning
03-24-2006, 10:48 PM
OH DEAR GOD.

I'm not even about to start counting up how many points Lebron just dropped on me. Enough to single-handedly own me, I'm sure.

Yay! Good start. This is what I was afraid of.

I haven't even looked at the Cav's score yet! :D:D:D But, thanks for bringing it to my attention ;).

Regards,

sweabs
03-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Ouch.

74.5 points by Lebron.

That hurts.

Mourning
03-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Ugh! Bogans picking up 47 guard minutes! What the hell? :crazy:

Slick Pinkham
03-29-2006, 05:47 PM
In the American Division,

I have game 1. Games 2 & 3 are up in the air.

Mourning
03-30-2006, 02:14 AM
In the East I have taken game 1. Rcarey has the lead in game 2, but not that much and I have quite some minutes left. I would say that if Richard Jefferson plays his normal self that this game is definitely within my reach, but you never know, things can change rapidly.
Nothing to tell about game 3 yet.

Regards,

Jose Slaughter
03-30-2006, 04:37 AM
Morning

You'd be down 2-0 if I had slipped past Rcarey.

My team is now the hottest team not playing!

sweabs
03-30-2006, 11:44 AM
And my team is one of the coldest playing...geeze. If they aren't injured (Jefferson, Lewis) - then they're playing like crap! That should be my team's motto during this playoff series.

It looks pretty bleak right now - and after getting the nice award too (which I thank people for) :) :(

Gyron
03-30-2006, 12:03 PM
Rcarey.....Is your team "built for the regular season"? :laugh:

sweabs
03-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Rcarey.....Is your team "built for the regular season"? :laugh:

Aghhhh - I was thinking the same thing, and I'd hate for it to be true...but Conference finals is better than losing in the first round (cough...kerosene). :devil:

Mourning
03-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Morning

Good for you!

alas ... :devil: it's the "IF" that does it though :D :D :D.

IF I didn't drop Reggie Evans just a few hours before he got traded, he not only would have gotten off the bench, but he would be giving me 30+ productive minutes a night again. That's just too bad for me.

IF Dalembert wouldn't have been injured and he would be playing normally my scores would be better too.

IF doesn't count though, but sure I see your point. Guess that's just the make up off the play-offs though :).

Regards,

Slick Pinkham
03-31-2006, 09:43 AM
Dr. Badd takes game 3 to make it 2-1 in my favor.

Game 4 is up for grabs but gerald Wallace gave me a 70 point game.

The series might come down to whether Shaq returns or not for me, and Camby for Dr. Badd.

Slick Pinkham
04-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Ouch... what a last man stunner...

Marbury's knee injury for Dr. Badd and big games on the last night by Webber and Dunleavy.

It looks like when scores post, I'm up 3-0, coming back from 50 points down in the last night.

Mourning
04-01-2006, 11:20 AM
I figured the scores would have been posted by now :dunno:

sweabs
04-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Wow - I give up.

Whoever faces Mourning in the playoffs, have fun going up against LBJ on a nightly basis. Jesus..........there is just no mercy.

Good series though, Mourning. You took my guys to school.

Mourning
04-02-2006, 09:56 AM
Wow - I give up.

Whoever faces Mourning in the playoffs, have fun going up against LBJ on a nightly basis. Jesus..........there is just no mercy.

Good series though, Mourning. You took my guys to school.

I won't cheer before I see the end results.

Slick Pinkham
04-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Two days with no updates in the box scores. I hope that they aren't shutting down now. That would suck.

edit:

They updated them.

:dance:
Assuming Marbury is out with his bum knee in the next game, I have a 4-game sweep wrapped up.

:bdance:

Mourning
04-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Two days with no updates in the box scores. I hope that they aren't shutting down now. That would suck.

edit:

They updated them.

:dance:
Assuming Marbury is out with his bum knee in the next game, I have a 4-game sweep wrapped up.

:bdance:

Ok, the results for game 3 are in. My Pigeons did it again and it's now 3-0.

While I always like to becarefull before claiming final victory, game 4 is so indesputably in my advantage so far with just a few minutes for either side left and with Jefferson and Dalembert not having played yet for me it would take an act of divine intervention of God and more to turn that game into a defeat for me.

Anyway, it was a good series Rcarey. I think you were a little unlucky with Lewis and Jefferson and I was a little lucky with Lebron exploding above his usual scores which are already superb to begin with. It was an honour playing against you and I salute you! :shakehand

Dalembert in game 3 finally got some reasonable result again for the first time in more then 3 weeks. IF he keeps that up then thats definitely something that could help me in the next round, considering the last 3+ weeks it's a pretty big "IF" though. Game 4 will show if Samuel can hold on and start making a routine again. IF so, I finally have the frontcourt as I envisioned it early in the season when I traded for Rasheed. A pitty Evans is gone, I hope I won't make a mistake like that next year again. And I hope that mistake won't cost me my head in the final round.

Finals, here I come! :)

Regards,

Mourning
04-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Morning

Just checked. We would be 2-2 now had we been playing each other. Pretty tight indeed! :)

Regards,

Slick Pinkham
04-02-2006, 08:47 PM
Good series Dr. Badd. Tough breaks with all the injuries, especially Marbury.

Best of luck next year.

So we've got a few games to tune up for the Mourning-Pacertom finals.
Truly a WORLD championship!

:nunchuck:

sweabs
04-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Good series Mourning. My guys just choked if they weren't already injured...even guys like Brand and Richardson.

Anyway - Lebron's numbers as of late are just downright scary. I wish the next person good luck, because he's almost a lock for a triple double each night...and not a lame triple double either. The kind that is like 40/12/12.

Anyway - go get em Mourning.