PDA

View Full Version : Question for some of you who go to the games

Strany
03-23-2006, 10:03 AM
Does Rick work the Refs as much as he did the last 2 seasons? It is really hard to see from TV. I have alway's felt that there are times when a coach should get a T on purpose, when done at the right time, it can give your team a lift, plants the thought of bad calls in the Ref's mind and let's your players know that you will work the Ref's for them and hopefully translates
to less players griping at them.

This really has little to do with last night but there have been several occasions this year where I have found myself screaming at the TV for Rick to go after the Ref's. He has has very few T's this year and I'm not sure but I don't think he has been tossed at all.

Doug
03-23-2006, 10:32 AM
He can't get a word in over David and Stephen.

Pacesetter
03-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Does Rick work the Refs as much as he did the last 2 seasons? It is really hard to see from TV. I have alway's felt that there are times when a coach should get a T on purpose, when done at the right time, it can give your team a lift, plants the thought of bad calls in the Ref's mind and let's your players know that you will work the Ref's for them and hopefully translates
to less players griping at them.

This really has little to do with last night but there have been several occasions this year where I have found myself screaming at the TV for Rick to go after the Ref's. He has has very few T's this year and I'm not sure but I don't think he has been tossed at all.

Rick's jedi background enables him to use his mind powers to work refs. It's a very unusual approach, but if you watch him closely, every now and again you can see he makes what appears to be funny faces at the refs, that's the jedi mind trick manifesting itself in his physical appearance.

Since86
03-23-2006, 10:56 AM
He's been tosed this season. Earlier in the season he was tossed in the first qtr.

ChicagoJ
03-23-2006, 11:03 AM
Without Reggie around, Rick doesn't seem as interested in defending the rest of these players to the refs.

(Remember most of his ejections and technicals in previous years were defending Reggie.)

:shrug:

Since86
03-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Without Reggie around, Rick doesn't seem as interested in defending the rest of these players to the refs.

(Remember most of his ejections and technicals in previous years were defending Reggie.)

:shrug:

No way!

Indyfan
03-23-2006, 03:04 PM
Actually, there are new rules now for getting ejected from a game, I don't remember exactly, but there is a steep fine (maybe $10,000) for being ejected and each Tech is also more costly then in previous years. That prob has more to do with the difference from last year, the league is really trying to keep T's and ejections down.

Believe_in_blue
03-23-2006, 03:23 PM
He can't get a word in over David and Stephen.
That really did make me laugh out loud.:laugh: :laugh: