PDA

View Full Version : Undeniable facts.

Ragnar
03-22-2006, 10:42 PM
The Pacers are 4-0 since Tinsley's return on games he finishes. They are 0-6 in games he has not been in at the end.

Jermaine is not the problem the offense has been the problem.

AJ is a very good backup shooting guard. At this point he is better at this job than Sarunas or Fred Jones (hand injury)

Danny Granger is going to be a star.

Jeff Foster is a good rebounder.

SoupIsGood
03-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Danny Granger is going to be a star.

:cool: :)

18to88
03-22-2006, 10:44 PM
Jamaal is the key to the Pacers success for sure.

Jaydawg2270
03-22-2006, 10:44 PM
Fred's Hand is still hurt?

Ragnar
03-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Fred's Hand is still hurt?

Yes this is why he is a walking turnover right now and why his shot is not falling.

Jermaniac
03-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Yep its amazing how you hurt your hand, which should be a sign that your jump shot will be off, and you stop driving to the basket. It just proves my point that Fred Jones is the Stromile Swift of NBA Guards, the man is a dumb basketball player. Some of his passes tonight made me want to pull my hair out.

bulletproof
03-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Fact: Tinsley has played in 32/66 games this season.

PacerMan
03-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Yep its amazing how you hurt your hand, which should be a sign that your jump shot will be off, and you stop driving to the basket. It just proves my point that Fred Jones is the Stromile Swift of NBA Guards, the man is a dumb basketball player. Some of his passes tonight made me want to pull my hair out.

Here's an idea: Think MAYBE guys in the NBA take whacks at the ball when you drive the lane???? Think that might be a bit painful when you have a torn ligament IN YOUR HAND!??

Jermaniac
03-22-2006, 11:14 PM
Then he shouldnt ****ing play. How about that? If he is going to go out there and miss every jumper he takes, give the ball more to the other team then he does his team, then he shouldnt play.

gilpdawg
03-22-2006, 11:23 PM
Yeah, best to shut it down for a while instead of playing like crap. Since the hand injury, Fred hasn't been playing like Fred. He's been playing more like Travis Best.

Jermaniac
03-22-2006, 11:28 PM
He has been horrible, he goes out there and make absolutley no good impact on the game. None. If your hand hurts and you cant play right then simply dont play.

Suaveness
03-22-2006, 11:50 PM

Bingo.

8.9_seconds
03-23-2006, 12:02 AM
hehe...Travis Best.. I loved that guy.

Sorry that's all....

Los Angeles
03-23-2006, 12:11 AM
FACT: Tinsley has not been back for ten games, so where the hell did those stats come from?

rexnom
03-23-2006, 12:12 AM

Fact: Tinsley is healthy now and will play in the playoffs regardless of health, like he always does. How many playoff games has he missed? Last year it was a miracle that he came back...he won that Boston series for us and was a key to those Detroit games we won too.

PacerMan
03-23-2006, 02:33 AM
Then he shouldnt ****ing play. How about that? If he is going to go out there and miss every jumper he takes, give the ball more to the other team then he does his team, then he shouldnt play.

He's hurt, whether he plays or not or how much is the COACHES choice. YOU said he's a dumb player because he isn't driving the ball. That makes no sense and is an insult to a guy that's playing with what has to be a very painful injury.
HOw about that?

D-BONE
03-23-2006, 07:44 AM
Opinion: Tinsley has played poorly (see Denver), played well (see Sac), and not played at all (see Memphis) since returning. IMO he played solid, although not great, last night v. Chitown. His passing when he's focused adds a dimension our offense usually doesn't have. I'm looking for more consistency from him over the next few games. No question a consistently solid JT is a big plus for us.

Opinion: Jeff Foster is a great rebounder. Perhaps underrated even in this category league-wide. Plus he brings the hustle night in and night out. He missed some games early but if I were selecting team MVPs up to this point in the season, I would go with him or possibly even AJ.

Tim
03-23-2006, 08:28 AM

He should be out but is playing in pain, so should David. I would not be surprized if they both need surgury in the summer.

Tim
03-23-2006, 08:33 AM
He has been horrible, he goes out there and make absolutley no good impact on the game. None. If your hand hurts and you cant play right then simply dont play.

Again you have to look to the coaching staff for this. They know his condition and can see how he plays, they still want him out there.
Same with David and Tinsley, and even JO.

fwpacerfan
03-23-2006, 09:31 AM
The Pacers are 4-0 since Tinsley's return on games he finishes. They are 0-6 in games he has not been in at the end.....

Tinsley is no doubt the key to the Pacers success as currently constructed. The problem is that Tinsley is more brittle than a Saltine Cracker. The guy is always getting hurt with fluke injuries. The question becomes how does the coaching staff use him to keep him healthy?

Doug in CO
03-23-2006, 09:53 AM
Yeah, best to shut it down for a while instead of playing like crap. Since the hand injury, Fred hasn't been playing like Fred. He's been playing more like Travis Best.

Correction - AJ plays like Travis Best. A fat, slower version of him.

Dribble
Dribble
Dribble
Dribble
6 seconds left on the shot clock - dump it off

MagicRat
03-23-2006, 09:59 AM
He should be out but is playing in pain, so should David. I would not be surprized if they both need surgury in the summer.

During the Memphis game Slick said David was playing with two sprained hands......

dagrubbs
03-23-2006, 12:20 PM
Opinion: Tinsley has played poorly (see Denver), played well (see Sac), and not played at all (see Memphis) since returning. IMO he played solid, although not great, last night v. Chitown. His passing when he's focused adds a dimension our offense usually doesn't have. I'm looking for more consistency from him over the next few games. No question a consistently solid JT is a big plus for us.

Opinion: Jeff Foster is a great rebounder. Perhaps underrated even in this category league-wide. Plus he brings the hustle night in and night out. He missed some games early but if I were selecting team MVPs up to this point in the season, I would go with him or possibly even AJ.

I agree tinsley could really use some consistency in his game, but he is one of the best point guards in the league when he is on top of his game....but as far as Jeff for team MVP, I dont know if I necessarily agree with that. Remember he wasnt with the team at the beginning of the year b/c of injury, and AJ would be an OK choice, but I think you have to go with Jax. Jax has been the leader on this team the whole year. Even though he has his off games, I dont know if we would be where we are without him, he's our best player right now. I mean remember the fall he took that one game then 2 day s later he was playing when there was no reason that he should have been, the guy has an undeniable amount of heart.

Jermaniac
03-23-2006, 12:43 PM
He's hurt, whether he plays or not or how much is the COACHES choice. YOU said he's a dumb player because he isn't driving the ball. That makes no sense and is an insult to a guy that's playing with what has to be a very painful injury.
HOw about that?Have you been watching this man play the past few years? I'm not calling him dumb because of one game I'm calling him dumb because of the last 3-4 season's. The guy keeps turning the ball over the same damn way everygame, now you would think after 3 years in the NBA he would correct this mistake but he hasnt. He makes the stupidest passes on our team, he had 3 of them last night. Now is his stupid passing a result of his bad hand too?

Knucklehead Warrior
03-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Man, that is ONE UGLY dude. That there is the reason some people should NEVER shave their head.

clownskull
03-23-2006, 11:00 PM
i will go out on a bold prediction- if tinsley is still with the pacers next year, he will record his 4th straight 30+ games missed season.

Evan_The_Dude
03-24-2006, 12:07 AM
i will go out on a bold prediction- if tinsley is still with the pacers next year, he will record his 4th straight 30+ games missed season.

Where's the bold part?

I also never knew til now that he's never played all 82 games of a season. The most he's played was 80 - which is good, but we haven't been close to that lately. I love Tinsley, but I don't think he'll be here next season. I think this offseason is going to be 'cleanup year'. I'm glad I'll be moving to Indy in 3 weeks so I won't miss a beat!

D-BONE
03-24-2006, 07:10 AM
I agree tinsley could really use some consistency in his game, but he is one of the best point guards in the league when he is on top of his game....but as far as Jeff for team MVP, I dont know if I necessarily agree with that. Remember he wasnt with the team at the beginning of the year b/c of injury, and AJ would be an OK choice, but I think you have to go with Jax. Jax has been the leader on this team the whole year. Even though he has his off games, I dont know if we would be where we are without him, he's our best player right now. I mean remember the fall he took that one game then 2 day s later he was playing when there was no reason that he should have been, the guy has an undeniable amount of heart.

I think the argument is valid. Jack has definitely been durable and played hard. You often hear how he's a good locker room presence from the team in the media. On the other hand, he's wildly inconsistent and I can't help but wonder if his wild emotional swings don't negatively impact the team, at least during stretches.

I guess I'd put it this way. During our win streak and corresponding team play following the Peja trade, I think I could agree with calling him the MVP of that period. He generally performed well, brought energy, and provided relatively positive emotion. However, during our bad runs, JO out pre-Peja trade and the last couple weeks, his play was sporadic and his tantrums much more emphatic and annoying. I have to believe those outbursts caused a lot of strain on the group.

At any rate, I suppose I can accept the premise that Jack has played a consistently large role, (I've defended him on here from what I thought was unbalanced criticsm-only stating the negative) but he would probably not be my choice for MVP. Certainly you have support for such an assertion. I do see your point about Foster missing time, but he just brings so much effort, does the dirty work, and doesn't have all the emotional issues.

D-BONE
03-24-2006, 07:13 AM
Where's the bold part?

I also never knew til now that he's never played all 82 games of a season. The most he's played was 80 - which is good, but we haven't been close to that lately. I love Tinsley, but I don't think he'll be here next season. I think this offseason is going to be 'cleanup year'. I'm glad I'll be moving to Indy in 3 weeks so I won't miss a beat!

I hope you're right. However, as others have pointed out before, JT and Jack may not be that easy to unload, particularly involving getting something of quality for us in return. This, of course, assuming there is sentiment from up top that they should be dealt. Have to figure you'd need to package them with somebody that's more attractive on the market.

HulkSmash!
03-24-2006, 08:28 AM
I believe Tinsley will remain a Pacers. Right now his trade value is possibly at its all-time lowest point, so why would you move him?

Buy low, sell high.

naptownmenace
03-24-2006, 10:30 AM
FACT: Tinsley has not been back for ten games, so where the hell did those stats come from?

That needed to be said again.

MagicRat
03-24-2006, 10:38 AM
Jamaal has played in 9 games since his return; the Pacers have played 10.