PDA

View Full Version : The Official Pacers vs. Bulls Post-Game Thread (Pacers win, 95-85)

Shade
03-22-2006, 10:30 PM
1-0 with JO! :happydanc

Fireball Kid
03-22-2006, 10:32 PM
When do ya'll think O'Neal will return to the starting lineup?

SoupIsGood
03-22-2006, 10:32 PM
Danny Danger Grangerrrrrrr!

Jermaniac
03-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Stephen Jackson player of the game
Tins was huge too, he point guarded the comeback.

JO huge, but he doesnt count cause Gods dont count for players of the game.

Lord Helmet
03-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Good game, very pleased we won. Just need to keep this up, and it isn't going to be easy, we have Detroit on Friday and Philly on Sunday.

Jaydawg2270
03-22-2006, 10:34 PM
When do ya'll think O'Neal will return to the starting lineup?

Friday :devil:

Ragnar
03-22-2006, 10:36 PM
I am sure its a total coincidence but again Jamaal in for the end and again we win. Again totaly not related I am sure.:rolleyes:

Jermaniac
03-22-2006, 10:37 PM
That jumper by JO that put us up by 8, from right infront of the 3point line. It brought a tear to my eye.

SoupIsGood
03-22-2006, 10:38 PM
I am sure its a total coincidence but again Jamaal in for the end and again we win. Again totaly not related I am sure.:rolleyes:

We WON man! No need for sarcasm :)

tinsley#11
I missed the game, but how did peja and JO play off one another?

SoupIsGood
That jumper by JO that put us up by 8, from right infront of the 3point line. It brought a tear to my eye.

Yep it was purdy

SoupIsGood
03-22-2006, 10:39 PM
I missed the game, but how did peja and JO play off one another?

Peja had an off game

Jermaniac
03-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Yep it was purdyThen when he drove right past Sweetney for the layup. Or when overpowered Sweetney for another layup. Damn it feels good to have my homeboy back.

03-22-2006, 10:44 PM
1-0 with JO! :happydanc

He was damn awfull, but still without his 12 FT attempts we wouldnt win...

Ragnar
03-22-2006, 10:45 PM
He was damn awfull, but still without his 12 FT attempts we wouldnt win...

He was rusty but not damn awfull. He came through in the end.

03-22-2006, 10:47 PM
He was rusty but not damn awfull. He came through in the end.

Awfull, because JO is 10000 times better than that and thats understandable to why he aint was better today. So i will not agreed on the "JO was huge" part.. :)

Jermaniac
03-22-2006, 10:48 PM
He was damn awfull, but still without his 12 FT attempts we wouldnt win...Yeah right, without JO we lose this game. You see how all of a sudden players are not just walking down the lane and laying it up. This game is another 15 point loss if the Big Fella doesnt play.

Damn it feels good to have the Big Fella back.

ManicStreetPreachers
03-22-2006, 10:50 PM
One question. Peja has an off game and Rick pulls him out with 6 minutes left for the rest of the game (not saying he didn'tdo the right thing). Jackson has an even worse game (not tonight but in general) and he not only leaves him in but has him take the last shot.

Why?

Pacerized
03-22-2006, 10:52 PM
And once again Foster is solid. Without a doubt he's back to his prime form. He's no star, but he has fewer off games then anyone on this roster.

Jermaniac
03-22-2006, 10:53 PM
One question. Peja has an off game and Rick pulls him out with 6 minutes left for the rest of the game (not saying he didn'tdo the right thing). Jackson has an even worse game (not tonight but in general) and he not only leaves him in but has him take the last shot.

Why?Rick is afraid of Stephen. I have been saying this for the longest time.

NaptownBound
03-22-2006, 10:53 PM
like i said in the game thread, when is the homecourt gift shop gonna make "I *heart* Danny G." t-shirts.

we all love him... they would make big money with those t-shirts.

03-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Slick & Mark called Jermaine for "Jale" all the time and when they interviewed S-JAX he called him "Jale" to... his knew nick or something?

Jermaniac
03-22-2006, 10:58 PM
They where saying JO

sweabs
03-22-2006, 11:13 PM
And it looks like JO is going to be back just in time to put his money where his mouth is: Friday VS Detroit.

Historically, Rasheed OWNS Jermaine as is. And I'm sure JO's comments will help fire up some of Detroit.

Trader Joe
03-22-2006, 11:17 PM
In news regarding Detroit, Rasheed is in a tight game with Miami as I type this and is getting rather heated, if he picks up a T tonight he will be suspended for Fridays game. Just thought Id throw that out there.

Unclebuck
03-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Jax was the star tonight. His defense was outstanding he was very aggressive and IMO Jax the biggest factor the Pacers won tonight

Jermaniac
03-22-2006, 11:40 PM
I agreed I liked the Jack I saw tonight, he was really pumping up the defense and was talking alot to his teammates, usually Jack looks like he cant wait to go home. But tonight was different, he got so mad after he lost a rebound he made sure he got everyone close to him after that. Not to mention the baskets he made, they where huge.

Unclebuck
03-22-2006, 11:41 PM
Anyone else notice that J.O. did not hold the ball much tonight, he got it and made a quick move. That is what I like to see, that is what is important, much more important than whether it was an iso or not

MagicRat
03-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Stephen had a good post-game interview with Mark and Slick. Slick commented that he had paid close attention to Stephen on the defensive end and was impressed. Stephen said that someone was going to have to take it on themselves to step up their defense and he was going to take the challenge and it started tonight. (or at least something like that).

Also said they have no more excuses. "We've got Jermaine back. We've got Jamaal back. It's time to roll and play Pacers basketball."

bulletproof
03-22-2006, 11:51 PM

Hot damn! So if he finishes every game for the rest of the season, that means we'll go 16-0!

Jumper
03-23-2006, 01:26 AM
A few things I noticed about the game.

First, Jax was as fired up as I have seen him in a while. Anyone else here him call out Granger on that foul? He was peeved. Maybe before each game we should tell him that his girlfriend was making out with the oppositions starting SG so he goes out there with some fire in his belly.

Second, Jermaine was rusty but had an impact. I would have liked to have seen more of him and Peja but Peja wasn't all there tonight.

Third, Coach C was trying some different line ups out there to see what works. Seems that he quit the set rotations, went with what he thought would work for more situational things. Hopefully this will get us the best rotations for the playoffs.

Fourth, yesterday the sky was falling and today a phoenix has arisen from the ashes. I have never seen a more fickle group of people since the "in crowd" girls in high school.

waterjater
03-23-2006, 01:34 AM
Anyone else notice that J.O. did not hold the ball much tonight, he got it and made a quick move. That is what I like to see, that is what is important, much more important than whether it was an iso or not

Agree, he seemed to make a move quicker than usual and didn't sit with it.

Just a couple times we ran the JO on 5 play. At least, when Granger was in, Granger went to the boards with that play. When he wasn't in, the other 4 players stared at JO. I can live with this play periodically, IF (A BIG IF) a couple players would crash the boards like Granger does.

Granger may be the best player on this team once he becomes consistent.

Glad the team bounced back, but they can't fall back into the rut of losing to bad teams.

Water

Kstat
03-23-2006, 01:38 AM
In news regarding Detroit, Rasheed is in a tight game with Miami as I type this and is getting rather heated, if he picks up a T tonight he will be suspended for Fridays game. Just thought Id throw that out there.

Not really....but ok.

Sheed is 2 techs away. Not one.

Bball
03-23-2006, 01:55 AM
A win is a win... but this one wasn't one to get excited about. Other than bottling Sjax' performance to use for the rest of the season I don't think there is a lot to really be so happy about (except JO's return to health).

We stunk. Sure we tightened it up in the second half and in the end did win but we let them get to the hole too easily. Fouled them too much (altho it seemed they had trouble with their FT's thankfully). Looked lethargic. Our movement wasn't crisp. Made some dumb and lazy passes. We were lucky to win. And this was againt the Bulls.

You take your wins where you can get them but this game was a poor excuse for a springboard to a playoff push and momentum.

Granger did look good and his mini-slump (or Rookie wall) seemed to be less of an issue and Sjax had a fine game. Very fine.

Peja had an off game shooting the ball... altho when he did seem to get it going a little the eggtimer ran out and Carlisle subbed him out. That's one thing I won't miss about Carlisle... his eggtimer and propensity to pull the hot hand just because the eggtimer says so.

Maybe the game looked better on TV than it did in person. :shrug:

-Bball

ChicagoJ
03-23-2006, 02:00 AM

-Bball

Well... no.

But I'm enjoying the Bulls post-game show, in a sick I-hope-they-never-make-the-playoffs again way.

Thank goodness the Bulls are awful, we wouldn't have beaten a good team tonight.

And without JO we were losing to bad teams.

:woot2:

D-BONE
03-23-2006, 07:32 AM
I think some of the reason Jack looked good offensively particularly in the fourth was the setups he was getting from JT. UB mentioned he thought Jack more effective when he acted quickly-an immediate shot, immediate burst to the hoop composed of relatively few dribbles. I thought that's what happened due to Tins putting it in his hands to be able to either shoot immediately or slash quickly.

Also, lots of good points both about the importance of the win and also keeping the win in perspective at the same time b/c Chicago is not very good. Basically perimeter oriented. No real post threat offensively and their shooters went ice-cold in the 4th quarter yet they were still hanging around. Hate to be captain cliche here, but build on the teamwork and effort they established last night one game at a time.

Deng had a lot to do with Peja's struggles I thought. Pistons and Sixers should be better indicators of our level of play w/ JO newly returned.

Raskolnikov
03-23-2006, 07:48 AM
Stephen had a good post-game interview with Mark and Slick. Slick commented that he had paid close attention to Stephen on the defensive end and was impressed. Stephen said that someone was going to have to take it on themselves to step up their defense and he was going to take the challenge and it started tonight. (or at least something like that).

Also said they have no more excuses. "We've got Jermaine back. We've got Jamaal back. It's time to roll and play Pacers basketball."
That was indeed a great interview. Jack sure has a quick tongue by the way.

I really hope he does as he says: focus on defense first. And let Peja and that Jale dude be our main offensive weapons.

I'd like to thank Mark and Slick for their excellent comments. Describing a basketball game on the radio is not an easy thing to do. I'm also impressed on how well you can hear the crowd and the players sometimes. These factors make it work for the listeners to really catch the atmosphere of the game as well.

Unclebuck
03-23-2006, 07:55 AM
A win is a win... but this one wasn't one to get excited about. Other than bottling Sjax' performance to use for the rest of the season I don't think there is a lot to really be so happy about (except JO's return to health).

We stunk. Sure we tightened it up in the second half and in the end did win but we let them get to the hole too easily. Fouled them too much (altho it seemed they had trouble with their FT's thankfully). Looked lethargic. Our movement wasn't crisp. Made some dumb and lazy passes. We were lucky to win. And this was againt the Bulls.

You take your wins where you can get them but this game was a poor excuse for a springboard to a playoff push and momentum.

Granger did look good and his mini-slump (or Rookie wall) seemed to be less of an issue and Sjax had a fine game. Very fine.

Peja had an off game shooting the ball... altho when he did seem to get it going a little the eggtimer ran out and Carlisle subbed him out. That's one thing I won't miss about Carlisle... his eggtimer and propensity to pull the hot hand just because the eggtimer says so.

-Bball

By no means was it a great or even very good performance. But after the first quarter I thought the effort was excellent in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Isn't that what we want first and foremost.

On another note: Jeff Foster is really a leader on the floor. His impact cannot be understated

Raskolnikov
03-23-2006, 07:57 AM
Fourth, yesterday the sky was falling and today a phoenix has arisen from the ashes. I have never seen a more fickle group of people since the "in crowd" girls in high school.
Very good point.

Consistency is the key now.

Antonio
03-23-2006, 08:12 AM
Did we play some run and gun with JO?

Hicks
03-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Did we play some run and gun with JO?

No, but we never ran run and gun without him either.

Antonio
03-23-2006, 12:54 PM
No, but we never ran run and gun without him either.
So what did JO mean when he spoke about "new offense"?

Hicks
03-23-2006, 02:59 PM
A lot more player movement, a lot more ball movement. That's not the same as running and gunning.

As for did we do so with JO last night? Not a lot. Of course, we haven't really been doing a lot of that for several games now.