PDA

View Full Version : I'm depressed and I miss Reggie.

abington
03-21-2006, 11:51 PM
No fight, no fire, no passion. Just a dull team. I remember being so proud of last years squad. Fighting passionatley in the face of adversity. The win at the Palace (the bomb threat game) being the high point. That team, and that season, seem a lot more than a year away.

I have always thought Carlisle was an excellent coach. I still do. But I wonder if a change is necessary. I like the idea of Mark Jackson. I love the idea of Reggie Miller though that will never happen. And I even would not be opposed to the return of Larry Bird. While I never thought he was a good x's and o's coach, he commanded a sort of presence that this team desperatley needs.

Kaufman
03-21-2006, 11:55 PM
We all do.

SoupIsGood
03-21-2006, 11:56 PM
I'm psyched. David and Danny, and soon JO coming back. I like a lot of this team.

piksi
03-22-2006, 12:14 AM
No need to be depressed. Things could be lot worse. You could be a Knicks fan

Believe_in_blue
03-22-2006, 12:38 AM
I'm psyched. David and Danny, and soon JO coming back. I like a lot of this team.

You have been positive in every post tonight, I like it. Now tell us what drug(s) your on so we all be positive.

SoupIsGood
03-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Now tell us what drug(s) your on

One strong dose of a trip to the sunny beaches of Florida ;)

grace
03-22-2006, 03:06 AM
Since you miss Reggie I was going to tell you to listen to The Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio Mondays at 3pm, but I won't tell you that. I said six months ago that every time Reggie is on there he loses brain cells. He's lost so many now he's down to imbecile level.

On this week's show Reggie and Dan were arguing over who Mark Jackson likes best. :shudder::puke::suicide:

Bball
03-22-2006, 04:07 AM
No need to be depressed. Things could be lot worse. You could be a Knicks fan

A team that just manhandled the Pacers. Gee... I feel better now ;)

-Bball

skyfire
03-22-2006, 07:24 AM
This current team is a poor mans Sonics until JO gets back. Like Soup i'm dying to see a Granger/JO/Hulk frontline, almost more than I ever hoped to see Ron/JO/DD on court together. The team is going to play .500 at best until JO gets back. The period thereafter will be the test for team unity and Rick's ability to integrate Peja.

Kstat: How well did Rick utilize Rip's offensive skills while he was coach in Detroit, as compared to LB and Flip?

Kstat
03-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Kstat: How well did Rick utilize Rip's offensive skills while he was coach in Detroit, as compared to LB and Flip?

He didnt run quite all the curls that Larry and Flip ran for him. Rip runs a lot of "decoy" screens now, where the goal is simply to get both defenders to jump the screen, and the big man rolls to the basket for an easy dunk.

Carlisle mostly rana lot of post-ups for Rip against smaller guards (Iverson most notibly), and ran more ISOs for him than he gets now.

Rip still came off screens, but not nearly as many per game. He was used as more of a conventional 2-guard.