PDA

View Full Version : The Official Pacers vs. Grizzlies Post-Game Thread (Pacers lose, 105-75)

Shade
03-21-2006, 11:18 PM
Not much to say, is there? :shrug: :sigh:

Only 1 game above .500 now.

Jermaniac
03-21-2006, 11:20 PM
SOON, Tomorrow maybe, but real soon. Look out for it.

Shade
03-21-2006, 11:23 PM

I hope you're not putting too much faith in JO. I'm starting to think this team is going to have to be torn down and rebuilt during the offseason.

SoupIsGood
03-21-2006, 11:24 PM

what am I lookin for

i guess we lost again? We really need JO back.

Lord Helmet
03-21-2006, 11:25 PM
I hope you're not putting too much faith in JO. I'm starting to think this team is going to have to be torn down and rebuilt during the offseason.
Yeah, Jerm, don't get your hopes up, because you know we always get let down.

DeS
03-21-2006, 11:26 PM
When JO will return, he will not play that much to make the difference. He will need a couple of weeks to get in sync with team and new system. Don't expect anything miraculous soon.

Jermaniac
03-21-2006, 11:30 PM
JO is the system he doesnt need to get in sync with anything.

Jermaniac
03-21-2006, 11:33 PM
Ohh and tonight Jasikavicus proved why he doesnt get to play.

ManicStreetPreachers
03-21-2006, 11:37 PM
I hate ever pointing fingers to one player, but Jackson's play is killing the team these last few games. Whenever there is a nice run and team play he steps up with a silly selfish move and throws everyone out of rythm.

DeS
03-21-2006, 11:38 PM
I see. It's good, that many other (Jax, Granger, Jones...) proved tonight that they are worthy.
Ok, let the JO be the system and win the games...

molten
03-21-2006, 11:45 PM

just because you're serbian there's no need to go hating on sarunas. you bitterly know he can play from olympics and european championships... peja sucks on defense as well, which is well documented from his kings times. yet, he is certainly not on my ****** list. In fact, I quite like him

Jaydawg2270
03-21-2006, 11:47 PM
Everyone needs to tone it down on the sarunas love fest its taking over the fourm

Jermaniac
03-21-2006, 11:50 PM
just because you're serbian there's no need to go hating on sarunas. you bitterly know he can play from olympics and european championships... peja sucks on defense as well, which is well documented from his kings times. yet, he is certainly not on my ****** list. In fact, I quite like himHating Saras has nothing to do with being from Serbia. I could care less about European basketball, if I wanted to see a team not play defense for 48 minutes I would turn on a Warriors game. I dont like Jaric,Pavlovic or Radmanovic either. Peja just happens to be the best shooter in the nba, that can take it to the hole and can rebound. When Saras starts scoring 20 a game I will like him too.

Slick Pinkham
03-22-2006, 12:05 AM
Serbian friends, If you watched the game you saw a tight 1st quarter and then a total defensive collapse "led" by Saras playing absolute matador D on Bobby Jackson as he scored something like 7 in a row to give them a lead that they never again lost.

McKeyFan
03-22-2006, 12:09 AM
That's not really fair, PacerTom.

Bobby Jackson hit most of his shots while being guarded well. He hit some good shots.

Runi was taken out when we were down 7. When he got back in, we were down 22. I don't think this one was Saras's fault.

MagicRat
03-22-2006, 12:10 AM
I actually think this game was lost when rcarey gave Jamaal some sort of weird Canadian germs while getting his jersey autographed.........:sick:

sweabs
03-22-2006, 12:17 AM
I actually think this game was lost when rcarey gave Jamaal some sort of weird Canadian germs while getting his jersey autographed.........:sick:

:laugh:

I was going to say the opposite. I haven't left my bed in 2 days now from some sort of flu-bug. I must have contracted it when Tinsley used my sharpie or something!

Pacesetter
03-22-2006, 12:18 AM
I see. It's good, that many other (Jax, Granger, Jones...) proved tonight that they are worthy.
Ok, let the JO be the system and win the games...

One game doesn't make a player. It should be pretty obvious Sarunas isn't the only player down on luck lately.

Lord Helmet
03-22-2006, 12:20 AM
Did anyone hear what AJ said in the post-game interview with Clark?

Something along the lines of really embarrassed about the performance and saying it was NOT fatigue and that the guys need to take a look at thereselves in the mirror.

Pacesetter
03-22-2006, 12:21 AM
Did anyone hear was AJ said in the post-game interview with Clark?

Something like really embarrassed about the performance and saying it was NOT fatigue and that the guys need to take a look at thereselves in the mirror.

yeah, I saw that! It sounded like the same thing he's said after several losses. :laugh:

Bball
03-22-2006, 12:21 AM
Did anyone hear what AJ said in the post-game interview with Clark?

Something along the lines of really embarrassed about the performance and saying it was NOT fatigue and that the guys need to take a look at thereselves in the mirror.

I heard it...

-Bball

Slick Pinkham
03-22-2006, 12:22 AM
The game was blown in the 28-14 2nd quarter.

It was close before that, and there was just no effort after that debacle. It wasn't all Saurnas, and I wasn't trying to sat that it was, but he was worse tonight then he has ever been. You can say that about other guys not named Jeff Foster, for the most part.

03-22-2006, 06:15 AM

Hahaah, LOVE YOUR AVATAR :D

tora tora
03-22-2006, 06:53 AM
Bird's Pacers are far from being contenders!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5435056

DeS
03-22-2006, 06:59 AM
One game doesn't make a player. It should be pretty obvious Sarunas isn't the only player down on luck lately.
It was just a sarcasm. You can't point at one player after such a loss.

BBALL56HACKER
03-22-2006, 07:09 AM
I didn`t see A.J. stopping ATKINS but since he scored more than SARUNAS that means his defence was better (NO WAY!!!) How many times did B. JACKSON use a pick and SAR. never got any help-actually nobody really helped each other tonight-. S. JACKSON game has gone from bad to worse. Need to sit his butt down!!!!!

D-BONE
03-22-2006, 07:36 AM
IMO opinion it is wrong and inaccurate to call out or blame certain players for a loss or losses when in reality there are few, if any, good individual performances happening lately. They all deserve equal criticism b/c ultimately they are all responsible for allowing this to develop and fester.

This is a team problem of not playing together and not giving any sustained effort. That is a bad sign b/c when it becomes an ongoing tendency it means things are going south fast.

Some of the typical targets (Jackson, JT, Saras, etc.) may be major factors in the situation, but it looks to me like there's a leadership void amongst the players and now the coaches. I'm fearing RC's lost control and I see no players stepping up to try and right the ship either, which is nothing new since Reggie's departure.

This group exhibits no mental toughness. As soon as things turn the slightest bit against them they just shut down. Can the return of JO rescue a team that looks like it's packed it in? Would they even have won the King's game had they not had the extra incentive of Ron-Ron showing them up on the home floor? The Pacers are right now an embarrasment to the franchise and its fans.

DeS
03-22-2006, 08:43 AM
IMO opinion it is wrong and inaccurate to call out or blame certain players for a loss or losses when in reality there are few, if any, good individual performances happening lately. They all deserve equal criticism b/c ultimately they are all responsible for allowing this to develop and fester.

Some of the typical targets (Jackson, JT, Saras, etc.) may be major factors in the situation, but it looks to me like there's a leadership void amongst the players and now the coaches. I'm fearing RC's lost control and I see no players stepping up to try and right the ship either, which is nothing new since Reggie's departure.
Completely agree with You. I think AJ is one of the few, who is stepping up and is playing effectively. But he has no talent to "right the ship". The same applies to Peja. As for Rick - imho he really lost control, the last game supposed to be a comeback after dissapointing last loss. As for Saras imho he has the leadership, but he is not given a position to "right the ship", no use of him.

ChicagoJ
03-22-2006, 11:21 AM
For better or worse, JO *IS* this team's leader.

It would be nice if somebody stepped into that role in his absence. Our next best leader is probably Croshere. Whooops, that doesn't help when he's out with a series of concussions.

Our next best leader is probably AJ. Saras might be a better "leader" but that doesn't do anybody any good if he can't earn a spot in the rotation.

Hell, I'm a better leader than all of them. Why don't they just sign me?

MagicRat
03-22-2006, 11:47 AM
Hell, I'm a better leader than all of them. Why don't they just sign me?

If you hadn't blabbed about your college injuries and bad attitude they may have considered signing you to a 10-day. But combine that with your reputation around the world (or at least certain parts of Europe) as a hater and the fact that you're no spring chicken and we're already overloaded at PG and your refusal to play the 2 and your open dislike of Larry Bird and questioning of Rick Carlisle's offense and the chemistry problems that would ensue when Mike Wells prints in the Star that you wanted to trade every other player on the roster and I'd say it's a long shot.......:buddies:

Kegboy
03-22-2006, 11:55 AM
If you hadn't blabbed about your college injuries and bad attitude they may have considered signing you to a 10-day. But combine that with your reputation around the world (or at least certain parts of Europe) as a hater and the fact that you're no spring chicken and we're already overloaded at PG and your refusal to play the 2 and your open dislike of Larry Bird and questioning of Rick Carlisle's offense and the chemistry problems that would ensue when Mike Wells prints in the Star that you wanted to trade every other player on the roster and I'd say it's a long shot.......:buddies:

Hater.