PDA

View Full Version : Sinus Infection

Jermaniac
03-21-2006, 07:47 PM
What is this? I know it has something to do with the nose. Is it supposed to come back like every other damn week?

Jermaniac
03-21-2006, 07:48 PM
Ohh and just to get it out of the way for the Tins haters

A sinus infection is Tinsley pouting about something

Shade
03-21-2006, 08:05 PM
http://health.allrefer.com/health/sinusitis-chronic-info.html

Jon Theodore
03-21-2006, 08:12 PM
it has to do with the copius amounts of marijuana he smokes, don't get mad at me....i'm simply reporting the known facts.

I have not only witnessed this, but i personally KNOW his source. I do not smoke anymore, I quit. But about 1 year ago I witnessed it.

Ara
03-21-2006, 08:20 PM
it has to do with the copius amounts of marijuana he smokes, don't get mad at me....i'm simply reporting the known facts.

I have not only witnessed this, but i personally KNOW his source. I do not smoke anymore, I quit. But about 1 year ago I witnessed it.

Wouldn't he get caught during screenings? :confused: Like Chris Anderson?

Unclebuck
03-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Flu, sinus infection, head cold, does it really make any difference?

We may all hate the way Jax plays, but at least he plays every game. There is something to be said for that.

Unbelievable

Hicks
03-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Frankly, UB, I wish Jack were the one who kept getting Sinus infections INSTEAD of Tinsley. Better basketball. ;)

Shade
03-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Frankly, UB, I wish Jack were the one who kept getting Sinus infections INSTEAD of Tinsley. Better basketball. ;)

Jack CAUSES sinus infections with his play.

Eindar
03-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Ohh and just to get it out of the way for the Tins haters

A sinus infection is Tinsley pouting about something

I know you've got some sort of man crush for JO and Tinsley, but this is like the 5th time this season Tinsley has had "flu-like symptoms", and that's only during the 20 or so games he's played this season. Nobody gets sick that much.

SwissExpress
03-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Jermaniac: are there really any Tinsley haters? I've never read any true hate posts on him (I mean, not in game threads where everyone gets their portion of anger).

I've read lots of argumented criticism on him, but that's not hatred.

Jermaniac
03-21-2006, 09:09 PM
I know you've got some sort of man crush for JO and Tinsley, but this is like the 5th time this season Tinsley has had "flu-like symptoms", and that's only during the 20 or so games he's played this season. Nobody gets sick that much.Guess Jamaal Tinsley gets sick that much. Until someone proves to me that Tins doesnt have a sinus problem I could give 2 ****s about what you say.

Jermaniac
03-21-2006, 09:10 PM
Jermaniac: are there really any Tinsley haters? I've never read any true hate posts on him (I mean, not in game threads where everyone gets their portion of anger).There are many of them.

Doug in CO
03-21-2006, 09:11 PM
It is either drug related, the 'blue flu.' or he has some sort of immune deficiency.

I tend to think 'blue flu.'

Jermaniac
03-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Blue flu?

Kaufman
03-21-2006, 09:17 PM

I don't know if you wanted to take this as an opportunity to take a free and cheap swipe at the player in quesiton, a pot calling the kettle black, if you will, but marijuana and sinusitis have NOTHING to do with one another.

Outlaw
03-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Flu, sinus infection, head cold, does it really make any difference?

We may all hate the way Jax plays, but at least he plays every game. There is something to be said for that.

Unbelievable

Funny I was thinking the same thing. AtLeast Jack does play no matter what.And I not even a fan of his.

Anybody thinking of trading Tinsley this summer should know it is going to be hard with his history of missed games for WHATEVER reason.

Doug in CO
03-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Jax is just like the Pistons players in only one way - he never gets hurt, never misses games.

The Blue Flu - for those who never watched NYPD Blue or ever had a friend or family member that was a cop is when police silently protest something - usually labor negotiations - by calling in 'sick' all at once.

So in this case, with Tinsley - I think he gets 'sick' when he is unhappy about something. Perhaps his unhappiness is affecting his immune system.

Los Angeles
03-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Jermaniac: are there really any Tinsley haters? I've never read any true hate posts on him (I mean, not in game threads where everyone gets their portion of anger).

I've read lots of argumented criticism on him, but that's not hatred.
I hate Tinsley.

:wave:

Shade
03-21-2006, 09:29 PM
I know you've got some sort of man crush for JO and Tinsley, but this is like the 5th time this season Tinsley has had "flu-like symptoms", and that's only during the 20 or so games he's played this season. Nobody gets sick that much.

Au contraire, oddly enough, I have come down sick with the flu almost every time Tins has this year. I actually have it right now.

Los Angeles
03-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Jax is just like the Pistons players in only one way - he never gets hurt, never misses games.

The Blue Flu - for those who never watched NYPD Blue or ever had a friend or family member that was a cop is when police silently protest something - usually labor negotiations - by calling in 'sick' all at once.

So in this case, with Tinsley - I think he gets 'sick' when he is unhappy about something. Perhaps his unhappiness is affecting his immune system.
I'm actually pretty much done with theories at this point. I think we'll find out in a few years what the problem really is when a future coach or teammate outs him in the press.

Jaydawg2270
03-21-2006, 09:44 PM
It seems like most of you people never had a sinus infection, play with it must the the worst breathing exprience ever

Bball
03-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Let's see...
Tinsley was pulled in the last game for bad shot selection... or so it appeared....

Did he mean what he said that AJ should continue to start or does he think he should be starting now and has done his time coming off the bench?

Is any of that fuel to be speculating that he has a made-up illness?

Maybe he's really sick? :shrug:

-Bball

Kegboy
03-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Au contraire, oddly enough, I have come down sick with the flu almost every time Tins has this year. I actually have it right now.

So you've been [insert this week's euphemism for smoking Marijuana] with Mel Mel too, huh? Hey, anything to get you to ****ing eat something. :devil:

Jermaniac
03-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Let's see...
Tinsley was pulled in the last game for bad shot selection... or so it appeared....

Did he mean what he said that AJ should continue to start or does he think he should be starting now and has done his time coming off the bench?

-BballRick pulled him against the Nuggets too, didnt get sick after that one.

Los Angeles
03-21-2006, 09:53 PM
I told Shade to use protection, so don't blame me.

Wait, was that over the line?

Kaufman
03-21-2006, 09:58 PM
It seems like most of you people never had a sinus infection, play with it must the the worst breathing exprience ever

Sinus infections do not affect the lungs, therefore there is no breathing disturbance.

Kaufman
03-21-2006, 10:00 PM
So you've been [insert this week's euphemism for smoking Marijuana] with Mel Mel too, huh? Hey, anything to get you to ****ing eat something. :devil:

Marijauna does not cause sinusitis.

Bball
03-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Rick pulled him against the Nuggets too, didnt get sick after that one.

Actually, you didn't just strengthen your case with that statement. That would play into an argument that frustration could be building.

I still believe Tinsley should've remained on the bench as the 3rd string/emergency PG rather than immediately getting his minutes back. We don't need to be constantly changing gears. It's not like we were in desperate straits.

We are now... I'm not saying that is entirely his fault or anything but Tinsley is historically not dependable in several ways.

-Bball

Jaydawg2270
03-21-2006, 10:21 PM
Sinus infections do not affect the lungs, therefore there is no breathing disturbance.

Your nose gets clogged up hard to breathe

Shade
03-21-2006, 10:21 PM

In my defense, I don't smoke. I just sit by and inhale the fumes. :disturbed

Eindar
03-21-2006, 10:29 PM

Your mouth is for more than talking :)

I can agree with you feeling like crap, not wanting to play, but the fact is, he's not going to get more sick by playing, it's no risk to him or his teammates, and it's not going to make it impossible to breathe. He's had as many sick days as I'm allowed in roughly 300 days of work, and he's only played in 25 games, roughly.

In response to Shade, even if you've been sick at the same time as Tinsley, not only did you likely go into work anyways and suffer though it, you also aren't being paid 6-8 million per year by your employer.

I just don't see how people can defend his illnesses.

SwissExpress
03-21-2006, 10:32 PM

:2tup:

Kaufman
03-21-2006, 10:41 PM

The mouth - it's connected to the pharynx, and therefore the trachea which are connected to the lungs. Walla, breathing.

Jaydawg2270
03-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Your mouth is for more than talking :)

I can agree with you feeling like crap, not wanting to play, but the fact is, he's not going to get more sick by playing, it's no risk to him or his teammates, and it's not going to make it impossible to breathe. He's had as many sick days as I'm allowed in roughly 300 days of work, and he's only played in 25 games, roughly.

In response to Shade, even if you've been sick at the same time as Tinsley, not only did you likely go into work anyways and suffer though it, you also aren't being paid 6-8 million per year by your employer.

I just don't see how people can defend his illnesses.

He can still breathe with his mouth every one understands that but no one wants him coughing all over the court and getting everyone else sick

Kaufman
03-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Sinusitis doesn't cause a cough.

Jaydawg2270
03-21-2006, 10:48 PM

Well then you proved your point

McKeyFan
03-21-2006, 11:27 PM

Key point: the Pacers official story is sinusitis. Doesn't mean he really has it.

Kaufman, can excessive marijuana smoking cause problems in other ways that would make him sit?

Arcadian
03-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Key point: the Pacers official story is sinusitis. Doesn't mean he really has it.

Kaufman, can excessive marijuana smoking cause problems in other ways that would make him sit?

What other slanderous allegations can we run with?

Could torturing and eating puppies be the reason he is sick so much?

ChicagoJ
03-21-2006, 11:56 PM
IV. Anti-Drug Program/Conduct Discipline

A. Testing

All players will be subject to four random drug tests each season (during the period from October 1 through June 30). These tests will be for both recreational drugs prohibited under the Anti-Drug Program and performance-enhancing drugs. (Under the prior CBA, rookies were subject to four random tests per season while veterans were subject to random testing only once and only during training camp.)

B. Penalties

The penalties for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs will be increased from suspensions of 5, 10, and 25 games for the first, second and any subsequent violation, respectively, to 10 and 25 game suspensions for the first two violations, a one-year suspension for the third violation and disqualification from the league for a fourth violation. Penalties for testing positive for marijuana will be increased from a $15,000 fine for a second violation to a $25,000 fine and, for each subsequent violation, incremental 5 game suspensions. The first violation of the marijuana program will continue to result in the player being placed in a counseling program, with no financial penalties.

The list of performance-enhancing drugs has been substantially broadened. Players will be tested for these new substances commencing with the 2006-07 season.

+ + + + + + + + +

So what are you trying to say, we've got a suspension risk?

Los Angeles
03-22-2006, 12:07 AM
I would never in a million years call Marijuana a "performance enhancing drug".

A-Train
03-22-2006, 12:37 AM
Know what? I don't care WHAT the cause of Jamal's numerous "sinus infections" and other random "flu" episodes and "family matters" he has to deal with every year. The bottom line is, he misses a significant amount of games EVERY YEAR. If you don't play, you don't stay. Jamal has proven over and over that he can't hang. Again, I don't care if it's the "blue flu", or if he is legitimately sick, the fact is, he misses a LOT of games.

That doesn't help the team.

(And, to be fair, Jermaine is coming close to falling into the same category)

rabid
03-22-2006, 01:37 AM
Well, this is very odd.

However (Kaufman back me up), I believe that a sinus infection can actually be "officially" diagnosed via a blood test or something, right? I mean if you're lying about it a doctor could figure that out, right?

rabid
03-22-2006, 01:39 AM

It depends on what you're performing... :devil:

Kingsfanbmiller
03-22-2006, 01:55 AM
Well, this is very odd.

However (Kaufman back me up), I believe that a sinus infection can actually be "officially" diagnosed via a blood test or something, right? I mean if you're lying about it a doctor could figure that out, right?

No I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with your blood.

Edit: I'm pretty sure he'd be able to play. I've had a sinus infection before(I have bad allergies and live in northern California) and it doesn't stop me from playing basketball for an hour.

D-BONE
03-22-2006, 06:06 AM
I just can't believe people would even talk like this about one of the "top ten" PGs in the NBA! :spitout:

Kaufman
03-22-2006, 06:34 AM
I could tell pretty easily if someone had a sinus infection or not. Blood tests to check for increased number of white blood cells, and if I really wanted to go all out x rays/CT scan of the face/sinuses. Also a few physical exam findings.

But the thing is, I've studied the Pacers and it seems often that they use "sinusitis" as a boiler plate diagnosis when a guy can't go and they are covering up something else. I do it with my players when we don't want to reveal something internal. So in summary, no, I don't think he has sinusitis or any real sickness, illness, or infection.

skyfire
03-22-2006, 06:47 AM
Isn't Boston still enamoured with Tins. Bird should work Ainge at the end of the season to give us Delonte West, we'll even take a crappy contract off his hands.

Tins for West and Scalabrini.

Will Galen
03-22-2006, 07:23 AM
But the thing is, I've studied the Pacers and it seems often that they use "sinusitis" as a boiler plate diagnosis when a guy can't go and they are covering up something else. I do it with my players when we don't want to reveal something internal. So in summary, no, I don't think he has sinusitis or any real sickness, illness, or infection.

If true, it could be the reason the team got killed. When there's been a lot of turmoil and things are seemingly getting better and someone derails the new effort, it discourages people, and takes the fight out of them.

I think like someone said, Tinsel should be used as third string. The players need to be able to count on teammates. For whatever reason Tinsel misses too many games.

RWB
03-22-2006, 07:41 AM
I think like someone said, Tinsel should be used as

New Yawk's point guard. Of course finding something on IT's team maybe difficult, but he likes to deal.

able
03-22-2006, 07:49 AM
It is absolutely astonishing that a player who did not play because of "flu-like" suymptoms (nowhere was there mentioning of sinusitis) is talked (bad) about this much and the player(s) who stunk up the court are not discussed.

In one thread he has gone from sinusitis, to stoned, to drunk, to pouting, to ruining chemistry and to faking injury.

Kaufman; seeing as some people here see you as a real medic with inside info at your disposal I would be extremely carefull with statements such as you made previously, just a friendly advice.

RWB
03-22-2006, 08:06 AM
Kaufman; seeing as some people here see you as a real medic with inside info at your disposal I would be extremely carefull with statements such as you made previously, just a friendly advice.

So basically you'd rather not read his opinion?

Kaufman, I appreciate what you bring to the table. I'm not aware of any individual here who thought you were a MD, but did understand in your position you do have great insight in sports medicine.

able
03-22-2006, 08:13 AM
I like to read his opinion, but a statement like "no, I don't think he has sinusitis or any real sickness, illness, or infection." might be viewed differently coming from him then from others, based on his medical background, henceforth if someone "knows" who he is he may be running "risks" he probably would not like to run.

As I said, friendly advice.

RWB
03-22-2006, 08:19 AM
I like to read his opinion, but a statement like "no, I don't think he has sinusitis or any real sickness, illness, or infection." might be viewed differently coming from him then from others, based on his medical background, henceforth if someone "knows" who he is he may be running "risks" he probably would not like to run.

However, the way I read it is Kaufman studies the Pacers just like the rest of us as fans. Maybe it just reads strange on the forum, but I didn't see a statement where he says he had a copy of Tiins medical history and so he is revealing private info. Rather, he explains in the industry he is associated with how excuses are used.

P.S. I'm not trying to hammer you here Able and I do understand you really do have a concern for Kaufman. I just read it differently.

able
03-22-2006, 08:43 AM
However, the way I read it is Kaufman studies the Pacers just like the rest of us as fans. Maybe it just reads strange on the forum, but I didn't see a statement where he says he had a copy of Tiins medical history and so he is revealing private info. Rather, he explains in the industry he is associated with how excuses are used.

P.S. I'm not trying to hammer you here Able and I do understand you really do have a concern for Kaufman. I just read it differently.
No I never even hinted at him having said that, if he did I would outright say that, simple.

What I mean is: (and this is probably something Kaufman can relate to) we ar having a drink down a local somewhere, and we are talking all kinds of stuff, including our ingrown toenails, bad hairdos and the mrs pms.
Once some of the party know that one is a MD, the questions will be more direct and far more on the medical side of things then anything else.
In due course the word of that MD is gospel, now he opinioates on a certain item (let's say today we are watching a game, a player limps of and he states that he thinks the guy severely sprained his ankle, remember, he is looking at the same thing we are looking at and yet when he says it, some of the people on our table will "deduct" from that "thought".

Now, the sprain was not as severe as thought and the player returns the next game, now those who were present might have more faith in the resident MD who is not present and state that it is "obvious" that so and so who was injured is doped up because the team can not do without him.
From there the story starts traveling because the word of "doctor's opinion" are used. and a local tabloid writer said two tables down so now it hits the press.

Perhaps to long an explanation to say I know he "thinks" and not knows for sure, but his "thoughts" way heavier on some because of his background.

PaceBalls
03-22-2006, 08:56 AM

unless you are in a reggae band.

About the drug testing nba policy. I thought ganja was off the list of drugs tested.

I think he is allergic to dogs and cats, he probably has dogs and cats.

fwpacerfan
03-22-2006, 09:36 AM
I think "Sinus infection" and "Flu" are Pacer code words for "He pi**ed Carlisle off and he is now going to sit the bench for a game.

I find it hard to believe that a professional athlete misses this many games due to the flu.

MagicRat
03-22-2006, 09:49 AM
Come on, now.

<-----------Look at the redness and swelling. I've never seen a clearer, more obvious case of left-side sinusitis. :shakehead

I can make that diagnosis and I didn't even sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......:nerd:

Giggle, Giggle, Quack.......

ChicagoJ
03-22-2006, 09:54 AM
The timing of this entire episode has to make some of you secretly happy. After all, I spent most of yesterday insisting that Tinsley does not have an attitude problem and is always ready to play when called upon.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not. We'll see the proof over the next few games, I suppose.

It is either drug related, the 'blue flu.' or he has some sort of immune deficiency.

I tend to think 'blue flu.'

Let's see...

-Bball

So in summary, no, I don't think he has sinusitis or any real sickness, illness, or infection.

I think "Sinus infection" and "Flu" are Pacer code words for "He pi**ed Carlisle off and he is now going to sit the bench for a game.

I find it hard to believe that a professional athlete misses this many games due to the flu.

Wow. I love the random speculation in this thread. I don't know what to believe. I strongly agree with fw's last sentence above - this happens too often to really be the flu, or so it seems.

What this thread does is it shows us just how far the public's trust of the Pacers has fallen. At one level, I'm beginning to wonder if this organization truly deserves the support its fans keep giving it. Maybe that's reason #3 for why I won't have half-season tickets next season (although we're leaning toward a smaller ticket package instead of cancelling altogether.)

On the other hand, if there is any truth to these rumors (especially the ones involving drugs or alcohol), and yet Tinsley returns to the lineup soon... Then I'm fairly certainly we'll read all about it soon from a European newspaper when Saras spouts off about losing minutes to this guy, except when he's too "sick" to play.

Then, perhaps Tinsley can sue him for Slander and then everything will be back to its normal dysfunctional state in the Pacers' lockerroom.

:banghead:

PS. Don't forget about my thoery that many of the remaining attitude problems for the Pacers were caused by prolonged exposure to Mr. Cancer. I mean, if we had to work with Ron everyday, we'd probably all have bad attitudes by the end too. It's all Ron's fault. :devil:

Since86
03-22-2006, 10:43 AM
I used to have chronic sinus infections, and I can tell you that it DOES affect breathing, and it DOES result in coughing.

When your sinuses are draining into your throat, it causes mucus build up, which to get rid of, you cough.

I don't get them as much, but I have one right now. I played last night, and coughed the entire time. Today I feel like total *** because of it. It takes all of your energy.

bulletproof
03-22-2006, 10:58 AM
But the thing is, I've studied the Pacers and it seems often that they use "sinusitis" as a boiler plate diagnosis when a guy can't go and they are covering up something else.

They only seem to use it with Tinsley, and they only use it with Tinsley because Tinsley uses it, or some other mysterious "flu-like" malady when he's apparently pouting or unhappy about something. Doesn't mean he does it all the time and that all his illnesses are contrived, but he does it enough that there's a pattern.

That said, for those who said you can play with a sinus infection, you must have had pretty mild infections. I've had quite a few sinus infections, I get them about once every three years, and they wreck me. The pressure and headaches that they cause alone pretty much incapacitates me.

RWB
03-22-2006, 11:06 AM
Since this seems to be a re-occurring thing I'd say the real problem is with Tins' HMO. Obviously his insurance will not allow him to get the expert advise needed to correct this problem.

Bball
03-22-2006, 11:24 AM
The timing of this entire episode has to make some of you secretly happy. After all, I spent most of yesterday insisting that Tinsley does not have an attitude problem and is always ready to play when called upon.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not. We'll see the proof over the next few games, I suppose.

There are some things I wonder about or have opinions on but don't feel 100% sure either way. Many things in fact.... But Tinsley isn't one of them. I totally label him a bad egg with a bad attitude whose obvious talent does not outweigh his overall negatives. And I feel very confident in that. Every bit as confident in that as you do about Artest. He's not a team player, he's a whiney, pouting, cancerous player.

I've seen things on televised games to make me wonder at times, but I've seen too much live and in person to give him the benefit of the doubt.

In fact, while not 100% certain, I've come to believe that when Reggie made his famous comment that Artest was not the bad egg (and thusly implied someone else was) that it was Tinsley he was thinking of. I'm sure we'll never know that tho.

-Bball

bulletproof
03-22-2006, 11:33 AM
In fact, while not 100% certain, I've come to believe that when Reggie made his famous comment that Artest was not the bad egg (and thusly implied someone else was) that it was Tinsley he was thinking of. I'm sure we'll never know that tho.

To take it a step further, early in the season against Miami Reggie commented on national TV, "As goes Tinsley, so go the Pacers."

SoupIsGood
03-22-2006, 11:34 AM
To take it a step further, early in the season against Miami Reggie commented on national TV, "As goes Tinsley, so go the Pacers."

I don't get it

Gyron
03-22-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm beginning to believe in Jay's Trade all 15 players idea(with the exception of maybe Granger and Hulk).

I wish I didn't feel that way.

ChicagoJ
03-22-2006, 12:10 PM
I don't get it

I think they're saying:

When Tinsley wants to play team ball, he really helps the team because he's a great player. When he doesn't, he really hurts the team by more than just sitting out the game.

I'll admit that I took Reggie's comments earlier in the season as evidence of just how important Jamaal is to the team. But perhaps he had another angle, as bball believes.

Like all of you, I'm 100% sick of the injuries and excuses. If Saras and Granger were brought in to be insurance policies for "both" cancers, then you may be right. Maybe I've been so focused on the obvious problem (Ron) and dismissive of another major problem (Tinsley).

Still not sure I believe that, but I do admit that there may be a lot of truth to it.

Maybe I'll change my "15 new players" mantra to just be "6 new guards". I'm starting to really like our frontcourt - even Foster if he's in the right role.

bulletproof
03-22-2006, 12:20 PM
I think they're saying:

When Tinsley wants to play team ball, he really helps the team because he's a great player. When he doesn't, he really hurts the team by more than just sitting out the game.

I'll admit that I took Reggie's comments earlier in the season as evidence of just how important Jamaal is to the team. But perhaps he had another angle, as bball believes.

Like all of you, I'm 100% sick of the injuries and excuses. If Saras and Granger were brought in to be insurance policies for "both" cancers, then you may be right. Maybe I've been so focused on the obvious problem (Ron) and dismissive of another major problem (Tinsley).

Still not sure I believe that, but I do admit that there may be a lot of truth to it.

Maybe I'll change my "15 new players" mantra to just be "6 new guards". I'm starting to really like our frontcourt - even Foster if he's in the right role.

Very open-minded and well-articulated post, Jay. It's hard for a person to take a step back and say, maybe I need to reconsider my position. I'm not saying you were wrong to begin with, but it's mighty big of you to say maybe you were. But yeah, I agree, our backcourt appears to be in shambles.

EDIT: Both Peck and Hicks should bookmark this page to reference your post 4 years from now when they admit that maybe they were wrong about Brad. ;)

PacerMan
03-22-2006, 12:34 PM
I don't know if you wanted to take this as an opportunity to take a free and cheap swipe at the player in quesiton, a pot calling the kettle black, if you will, but marijuana and sinusitis have NOTHING to do with one another.

Though I hate to agree with his cheap swipe, ACUTALLY pot DOES inhibit your immune system, which means you do get sick more often.
I used to get sick WAY more often when I was still smoking.
It's a known medical factoid any doc will tell you.

Not that I'm agreeing with the lame post in any other way.

Hicks
03-22-2006, 12:35 PM
EDIT: Both Peck and Hicks should bookmark this page to reference your post 4 years from now when they admit that maybe they were wrong about Brad.

I believe I have a much more "I may be wrong" attitude than you in 99% of instances, so I wouldn't throw too many stones. :tongue:

Seed
03-22-2006, 12:42 PM
I think they're saying:

I agree we should do the major changes in guards positions. PG and SG seem to be our weakest spots. 82games stats reflect that in addition to what our eyes record.
I would try to keep Fred as a backup and one of AJ/Saras also as backup.
And replace the coach. Rick is a great coach but sometimes bad karma is just bad karma..

Suaveness
03-22-2006, 12:58 PM
I think they're saying:

I could go for that. I think at least if anything, our frontcourt doesn't have issues with playing hurt, and none of them seem like "cancers".

ChicagoJ
03-22-2006, 01:01 PM
The thing is, since our backcourt doesn't seem capable/ willing to share the ball with them, we still don't know just how good some of the frontcourt guys are going to be.

Capable/ willing includes the consideration that Tinsley is very good at that when he plays, but that is not very often.

Here's a fun discussion:

Would you rather have Tinsley play healthy (and well) in one game out of every five or Jackson play all five games but really stink up the gym in four of the five?

I'd rather poke my own eye out.

CableKC
03-22-2006, 01:40 PM
There are many reasons to love and hate Tinsley.....simply cuz there are 2 versions of him.

Version 1 - The pass-first, drive to the hoop, top 10 PG that we all know and love.

Version 2 - The PG that can be goaded into playing one-on-one streetball, the one that doesn't play for one reason or another and the one that can easily get upset about this or that.

I like the first version.........the problem is that we have seen the second version of Tinsley for the last 3 seasons.

That is why Pacer Fans like me love....but mostly hate Tinsley. It has gotten to the point where I would much rather see him go then see him stay....

CableKC
03-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Here's a fun discussion:

Would you rather have Tinsley play healthy (and well) in one game out of every five or Jackson play all five games but really stink up the gym in four of the five?

I'd rather poke my own eye out.
If I knew when Tinsley is playing......then I would want 1 good Tinsley 1 one out of 5 games. As long as we know he's out....then I know that AJ and Sarunas is running the show the rest of the time.

Kaufman
03-22-2006, 05:07 PM

Appreciated - but I guess I'm not sure what risks you are talking about?

I am very protective of my job and my license. So I never ever take risks - I do things quite textbook. While sometimes I'll offer some folks medical advise on this board when they approach me, I explain to them that I am not their doctors and that they need to seek out a doctor if they feel it necessary. From the standpoint of my job, I am obligated to protect my patients' confidentiality and the interests of the university that I work for and the players that I treat.

As far as my concern regarding the Pacers go, well all of it is speculation based on my own experience working in the collegiate basketball setting and an avid fan of the Pacers. I do have a few buddies who work with some of the physicians who work with the P's and when I get some information regarding players/medical information,

FIRST I try to protect my source if my source has information that can be traced back to that very person, which is rare, as there is usually a group of people who have insight into these medical issues, not just my friend.

SECOND, I try to protect the Pacer player in not naming sensitive issues related to that player, if I feel that its something that is only going to lead to useless fodder. Nobody really wants to know if someone has syphilis and its not really any of our business anyways.

THIRD, as said above, I try to get into the minds of the team, trainers, and the physician, since I know some of the protocols as they relate naming an injured player. When I do speculate, I try to be intelligent and let the reader know that I am speculating, adding phrases in like "I think" or "I don't think"... I try not to sound like I am saying something based on inside information, which I would address as "I know that Player X has ...". So I feel that I'm pretty comfortable with that.

I'm someone who is accustomed to dealing with the media at this point and knowing how to tailor my words. I've had a pretty top grade education and feel comfortable with the way I word things - so much of being a doctor is wording things appropriately and in a legal way. So its not something that I don't consider when posting here.

Certainly I am not sure if people like reading some of my insights and if you don't, I respect this place at yours and will certainly stop should you feel liable in any way.

As far as bringing up the boiler plate injuries, well that is simply from my own experiences working and naming my own players as injured. I've been one of the MDs with the Wildcats for the past one year and have yet to see a player not "go" because of something like a cold, flu, sinus infection, or really anything of the like. Our players would get punished by the coach indirectly were the player to come to a game and request sitting out. And I've never told the coach or a player he should sit out because of such reasons, and if a player wanted to sit out in such a situation, more than likely I would let the player approach the coach himself unless he had a temperature greater than 101.5, white blood cell count greater than 14 or 15, and a chest xray suggestive of pneumonia. Basically the only way I'd hold a player out would be if the player needed to be hospitalized. Musculoskeletal reasons - well then that's a different thing all together.

That's my rant folks. Take it or leave it...

Kaufman
03-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Wow. I got called a quack. That's a new one - I'll be taking a break from here for a while I think.

sweabs
03-22-2006, 05:15 PM
Kaufman, I'd ask for you to reconsider. Hate to lose ya. :)

Jermaniac
03-22-2006, 05:55 PM
WTF, just because Able called you a name? Who cares? Its funny as hell when people get offended by something on a message board. Taking a break SMH.

Since86
03-22-2006, 05:59 PM
WTF, just because Able called you a name? Who cares? Its funny as hell when people get offended by something on a message board. Taking a break SMH.

When you take your job seriously, people tend to be offended by being called something derrogitory.

Even though this is a message board, things said on it can be just as bad/mean/derrogitory as saying them to someone's face. Because it's a message board doesn't give you the right to say whatever you want because there is an indifinte amount of miles between you and that person.

It's called common courtesy. I suggest you should learn it.

SoupIsGood
03-22-2006, 06:04 PM
Wow. I got called a quack. That's a new one - I'll be taking a break from here for a while I think.

Don't!

Seed
03-22-2006, 06:04 PM
It's called common courtesy. I suggest you should learn it.
:amen:

SoupIsGood
03-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Its funny as hell when people get offended by something on a message board.

Coming from the guy who goes ballistic at every opprotunity

Jermaniac
03-22-2006, 06:06 PM
I go ballistic when the Pacers lose and play like ****. I dont leave the board because someone called me a name.

Jermaniac
03-22-2006, 06:07 PM
When you take your job seriously, people tend to be offended by being called something derrogitory.

Even though this is a message board, things said on it can be just as bad/mean/derrogitory as saying them to someone's face. Because it's a message board doesn't give you the right to say whatever you want because there is an indifinte amount of miles between you and that person.

It's called common courtesy. I suggest you should learn it.Make me

Since86
03-22-2006, 06:12 PM
Make me

I hope you get banned from this entire site, and not just the colts forum.

If I was an admin. I would of done it long ago.

Now it's time to get away from childish punks. Good night.

Hicks
03-22-2006, 06:42 PM
Make me

1. Don't be a jerk.

You have no right, at any time, to deny anyone on this forum the right to have a positive experience and/or conversation on this forum. Intentionally acting rude, insulting, flaming, belittling, name-calling, hateful or insensitive to anyone or their friends, family, or where they live is not acceptable. We will not always agree with each other, but show some respect. If you do one of these things, it will be edited. If you continuously do it, you will be asked to stop, and if you fail to stop after talking with us about it, you will be dealt with in whatever way we feel is appropriate. If what was said is particularly obscene, you will be banned.

Every situation is different, and depending on how we or the person(s) being verbally abused takes your post, it can affect the severity of our response.

If what was said is viewed as light-hearted, or there was a simple misunderstanding, it might be OK and no harm is done. On the other hand, if what was said is viewed as particularly bad, we have the right to bypass a warning and immediately ban you.

What is seen as "particularly bad"? That depends on the situation, but generally speaking, if we believe what was said was blatantly racist, hateful, or otherwise mean-spirited/obscene/offensive, you will most likely be immediately dealt with.

Be sure to read this if you feel you are being accused or punished over a simple misunderstanding:

If you feel that you were in no way intentionally trying to insult anyone, and it was a simple misunderstanding, you must go out of your way to explain yourself. This is critically important to avoid any further misunderstandings, unfair treatment, or needless animosity.

If you offend somebody, responding with a :rolleyes: and "I was just joking" doesn't cut it. You have to explain yourself.

Joking around is fine, but it helps if you make it known you're fooling around. Nobody can read your mind here.

Keep it in mind.

8.9_seconds
03-22-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm no Kaufman, but I've had sinus infections. I remember around track season they would get the worst, my nose and and the head region around it would pound. Sometimes, it hurt so bad I felt like I was going to pass out. When it drains into your stomach, that's the worst, you throw up......well, trust me, it's disgusting.

I don't if the Tin Man is actually sick, but I could understand if he were.

8.9_seconds
03-22-2006, 10:52 PM
BTW, Sometimes I can understand the Tinsley 'pout', Rick does pull him out at Sh*tty times.

But, I Love :gill:

What to do (taps foot questioningly)

Thats All :)

Anthem
03-23-2006, 12:12 AM
I don't know that it's really a sinus infection, but there's at least a kernel of truth in the statement that Tinsley gets frequent respiratory infections. People have frequently commented on it in person, there are a lot of times he's sat when he'd clearly rather play, and Carlisle's mentioned on more than one occasion that Tinsley played sick.

That's not to say it's really sinusitis, or even that every "sinus infection" is a real one (I think the hemmroids story is hilarious). But I strongly doubt this is made completely up. More likely it's become a standard catch-all for when he gets any kind of ailment.

I've known people, though, that get sick every six weeks. Of course, I wouldn't want them as my starting point guard.

Los Angeles
03-23-2006, 12:17 AM
I'm no Kaufman, but I've had sinus infections. I remember around track season they would get the worst, my nose and and the head region around it would pound. Sometimes, it hurt so bad I felt like I was going to pass out. When it drains into your stomach, that's the worst, you throw up......well, trust me, it's disgusting.

I don't if the Tin Man is actually sick, but I could understand if he were.
Would you have been so sick that you missed a meet, but suddenly 24 hours later look just fine and be able to run as if there were no problem?

CableKC
03-23-2006, 12:12 PM
Would you have been so sick that you missed a meet, but suddenly 24 hours later look just fine and be able to run as if there were no problem?
For me, when I get a sinus infection......I am out for a couple of days feeling like crap after taking some antibiotics....but keep in mind......I'm a 33 year old guy that has a bad diet and only form of exercize is walking up the stairs.

I would think/hope that a Pro Atheletes body would be more sturdy and better able to fight infections and possibly recover quicker from common ailments then us "normal" humans. :confused:

Since86
03-23-2006, 01:21 PM
For me, when I get a sinus infection......I am out for a couple of days feeling like crap after taking some antibiotics....but keep in mind......I'm a 33 year old guy that has a bad diet and only form of exercize is walking up the stairs.

I would think/hope that a Pro Atheletes body would be more sturdy and better able to fight infections and possibly recover quicker from common ailments then us "normal" humans. :confused:

It's been that way for me for close to 6 yrs now, and I'm only 19 (going on 20 :buddies: ).

I'm in great shape physically, and it usually takes me atleast 4 days to get over them after I get my meds. If I play during them, they never get better.

I have even a harder time thinking he has a sinus infection that keeps him out of one game, then the very next day he's magically able to play. It just doesn't add up.

Moses
03-23-2006, 01:35 PM
I'll keep the speculations rolling.

Tinsley is pregnant.

Los Angeles
03-23-2006, 01:35 PM
So CableKC and Since86, both of you have suffered from sinusitis or "sinus infections". Would you say that it is reasonable to be so bad off that you can't play a game one day and then the very next day to be well enough to play?

CableKC
03-23-2006, 01:37 PM
It's been that way for me for close to 6 yrs now, and I'm only 19 (going on 20 :buddies: ).

I'm in great shape physically, and it usually takes me atleast 4 days to get over them after I get my meds. If I play during them, they never get better.

I have even a harder time thinking he has a sinus infection that keeps him out of one game, then the very next day he's magically able to play. It just doesn't add up.

I'm not suggesting that you aren't in great shape or anything....but I would think that a Professional athelete is on a different level of physical health and endurance then even you ( who is probably in way better shape then me ) and therefore better able to fight common ailments.

But I see what you're saying......something seems strange here.....I usually take Decongestants every 4 or 5 hours and my sinus headaches goes away during that time.

Also...it seems odd to me.....unless the player doesn't want to actually play cuz they are feeling like absolute cr@p.....most professional atheletes would play through a flu-like symptoms then sit out a game. The only thing I can think of that would explain that he can play one day yet not the next....is if he doesn't want to play....or Carlisle is keeping him from playing for health or other reasons.

Moses
03-23-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm not suggesting that you aren't in great shape or anything....but I would think that a Professional athelete is on a different level of physical health and endurance then even you ( who is probably in way better shape then me ) and therefore better able to fight common ailments.

But I see what you're saying......something seems strange here.....I usually take Decongestants every 4 or 5 hours and my sinus headaches goes away during that time.

Also...it seems odd to me.....unless the player doesn't want to actually play cuz they are feeling like absolute cr@p.....most professional atheletes would play through a flu-like symptoms then sit out a game. The only thing I can think of that would explain that he can play one day yet not the next....is if he doesn't want to play....or Carlisle is keeping him from playing for health or other reasons.
According to many fans here, Tinsley is overweight and fat so that theory holds no ground. :laugh:

CableKC
03-23-2006, 01:59 PM
So CableKC and Since86, both of you have suffered from sinusitis or "sinus infections". Would you say that it is reasonable to be so bad off that you can't play a game one day and then the very next day to be well enough to play?
For me its hard to say......cuz a sinus infection makes me feel like cr@p on the first 2 days cuz of the sinus pressure/headaches and any antibiotics that I take to releive overall cr@piness that I feel. But after those first 2 days....the antibiotics kick in......and the only problems I have is any the lingering affects....such as coughing and sinus pressure ( which can be relieved by taking decongestants and cough suppressant ).

I would guess that the Pacers medical staff could prescribe the same type of antibiotics that any regular person takes....but I would think that they may have stronger antibiotics that can kill any type of bacterial infection. On top of that.......I still think that a professional atheletes body is better conditioned and has a stronger immune system to fight these type of infections....so something that may take me 2 days to recover from.....could take a day to get over.

So I guess.....it is possible to feel like cr@p one day due to a sinus infection...take some medication....and then be good enough ( maybe not 100%...but 80% ) to play the next day.

On a related note........when Tinsley is diagnosed with a "sinus infection"....is he in civies at the game? I would hope not....I would think that the doctor would recommend that he takes his meds....rest at the hotel so that he can get well as soon as possible instead of sitting courtside during a game.

The only thing I find odd is that because my sinus infections are more seasonal....I have learned that I have to be more careful and take precautions when I go out into the cold or go outside where there is alot of grass and pollen. If this is a known condition that Tinsley has....then why doesn't he take the necessary precautions to minimize the possibility of getting a sinus infection.

Arcadian
03-23-2006, 01:59 PM
It doesn't really matter why he is out. I don't care if he missed the game because the night before he was up late preforming a Satanic ritual. He just has to figure out how to stay on the court.

CableKC
03-23-2006, 02:01 PM
It doesn't really matter why he is out. I don't care if he missed the game because the night before he was up late preforming a Satanic ritual. He just has to figure out how to stay on the court.
We can then add "practicing religion" as one of the reasons why he can't play a game.

MagicRat
03-23-2006, 02:04 PM
He still didn't look 100% to me last night, so I don't know if he was magically cured. Didn't push it up as much as normal and generally looked slower than usual........:whoknows:

RWB
03-23-2006, 02:06 PM
The only thing I find odd is that because my sinus infections are more seasonal....I have learned that I have to be more careful and take precautions when I go out into the cold or go outside where there is alot of grass and pollen. If this is a known condition that Tinsley has....then why doesn't he take the necessary precautions to minimize the possibility of getting a sinus infection.

I think KC just found the smoking gun. People who suffer alergies or frequent sinus infections do have ways to combat this.

There is also a surgery designed specifically for this problem. While not pleasant (imagine a drill in the nose) it does work.

MagicRat
03-23-2006, 02:10 PM
I think KC just found the smoking gun. People who suffer alergies or frequent sinus infections do have ways to combat this.

There is also a surgery designed specifically for this problem. While not pleasant (imagine a drill in the nose) it does work.

I thought we already determined that rcarey got him sick?........

Since86
03-23-2006, 02:20 PM
I still think that a professional atheletes body is better conditioned and has a stronger immune system to fight these type of infections....so something that may take me 2 days to recover from.....could take a day to get over.

Usually, it's the opposite.

Studies show that athletes get sicker more often, due to overtraining.

Although with Tinsley he would break the mold. You'd actually have to train to be "overtrained.";)

EDIT: On second thought I'd better back-up my post.

So, although it may appear that there is conflicting data about whether exercise can increase or decrease your resistance to illness, it is certain that physical fatigue, whether caused by exercise or manual work, is a factor affecting susceptibility to illness. In a study that examined percentages of runners with upper respiratory tract infections, results suggested that top competitive athletes and those who engaged in very long or intense exercise (such as ultramarathons) were more susceptible to upper respiratory tract infections than less competitive athletes (4). Moreover, the physiological and psychological stress of training and competing at the elite level seems to have a combined effect on susceptibility to illness.

http://www.handcycleracing.com/Overtraining.htm

Overtraining is individualistic in that one person's limit may not be another's, but I'd say professional athletes are overtrained as a whole. Their schedule doesn't allow ample amount of rest, and rest is the key to preventing overtraining.

SoupIsGood
03-23-2006, 02:21 PM

Not pleasant at all. Also, if the thru-the-nose surgery doesn't work, I think they'd either have to surgically cut him open in the top of his mouth or the top of his forehead. :shudder:

Los Angeles
03-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Not pleasant at all. Also, if the thru-the-nose surgery doesn't work, I think they'd either have to surgically cut him open in the top of his mouth or the top of his forehead. :shudder:
That could explain the headband this year.

[/conspiracynut]

Believe_in_blue
03-23-2006, 02:31 PM

I think my grandma had it done when they went through the roof of her mouth. She had more problems after the surgry then before. If Tins doesnt start playing on a regular basis soon then he should be made to have that opperation done as punishment. Oh, and it will also be done while he is awake at half court in Conseco before a game.

CableKC
03-23-2006, 02:45 PM
I have 2 words for Tinsley.....Sinus Rinse.

It may sound gross....but I do it once a day after I wake up during fall and winter ( and when I go out and mow the lawn )....and it has helped me minimize the amount of sinus infections that I have had in the last year.

ChicagoJ
03-23-2006, 02:48 PM
I'll keep the speculations rolling.

Tinsley is pregnant.

:spitout:

ChicagoJ
03-23-2006, 02:53 PM

Just did some work for the group that is at the forefront of the the through-the-nose technology:

http://www.acclarent.com/patients/index.html

I know very little about the procedure other than what I've read on here. I do know what the Series A & B preferred stock is worth, but I'm not telling.

:-p

RWB
03-23-2006, 03:01 PM
Maybe someone will call the Carlisle show tonight and ask Rick if he is willing to do the surgery using a butter knife and tweezers.

Jay, the balloon procedure does indeed sound better. Had to laugh about the specialized instruments that are placed in the nose. Like I said before, it's a drill.

P.S. If Tins has been looking for a way to get endorsements this could be an option. Look out Black & Decker, the Tinsley is on it's way.

Knucklehead Warrior
03-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Didn't Tins have a pretty crappy game, the game before he sat out? Perhaps he was battling the infection then. He and RC could have decided he was better off sitting out a game than continuing.

OTOH I have had sinus problems my whole life and am experiencing an episode right now. I'm a lot older than the tinman, but I've been knocked out of heavy physical activity for about a week.

Seed
03-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Maybe we should add another index: Sinus-Plus?

hoopsforlife
03-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Some of you should learn what Acidophilus and Bayberry are for.

http://pureherbs.com/HerbalInformation.htm

Hicks
03-23-2006, 05:17 PM
He still didn't look 100% to me last night, so I don't know if he was magically cured. Didn't push it up as much as normal and generally looked slower than usual........:whoknows:

It's just an extremely subjective situation. Like in my case, whenever I took a look at him (like closeups during breaks in play, for instance), he looked pretty healthy to me, and honestly I didn't notice a lot of difference in his play. But like I said, it's subjective, so who knows.

MagicRat
03-23-2006, 06:56 PM
It's just an extremely subjective situation. Like in my case, whenever I took a look at him (like closeups during breaks in play, for instance), he looked pretty healthy to me, and honestly I didn't notice a lot of difference in his play. But like I said, it's subjective, so who knows.

What?!?!?!?! Why, it was as clear as the fact that Michelle is the best Pacemate and Jim Gaffigan is the best comic........:-p

Bball
03-24-2006, 06:06 AM

I wouldn't sweat it too much... Able just seems to be getting close to quacking up...
:rimshot:

-Bball

brichard
03-24-2006, 10:22 AM
One thing about sinusitis and sports, and I hope Kauffman is still around, is that as you exert in physical activity... your nasal cavities tend to run. So even if you have a head cold, have you ever noticed how you clear up at least momentarily when you run? I'm not sure if this happens in all cases, but I know I often clear up once I get moving.

Now I may still have a headache or can even feel nausea with a bad sinus headache, but the body seems to create a way for me to breathe through my nose and mouth. Admit it guys, how many former basketball blayers used to use the inside of your jersey as a kleenex? :uhoh: I know it is gross, but it isn't like you have time to stop play to grab a tissue.

And btw, I did not play basketball in HS, but I had some friends who admitted to doing this.

Raskolnikov
03-24-2006, 10:49 AM
Please don't.

Your avatar is hilarious btw.

Since86
03-24-2006, 01:10 PM
One thing about sinusitis and sports, and I hope Kauffman is still around, is that as you exert in physical activity... your nasal cavities tend to run. So even if you have a head cold, have you ever noticed how you clear up at least momentarily when you run? I'm not sure if this happens in all cases, but I know I often clear up once I get moving.

Now I may still have a headache or can even feel nausea with a bad sinus headache, but the body seems to create a way for me to breathe through my nose and mouth. Admit it guys, how many former basketball blayers used to use the inside of your jersey as a kleenex? :uhoh: I know it is gross, but it isn't like you have time to stop play to grab a tissue.

And btw, I did not play basketball in HS, but I had some friends who admitted to doing this.

Hands, then back of shorts.

Placing snot right on your chest would be disgusting.

CableKC
03-24-2006, 01:22 PM

Although anything that relates to a Sinus infection or sinusitus is bad...whether one is playing or not. Unless someone can correct me.....I suspect that one can take precautions to prevent or minimize the causes of anything that seems to continually cause problems for Tinsley.

A Sinus infection for someone that doesn't have a history of sinus infections may not be preventable. But if someone has severe and continuing problems with their sinuses......I suspect that non-surgical procedures/steps can be taken to minimize the risk factors that can cause the underlying problem on an on-going basis.

brichard
03-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Placing snot right on your chest would be disgusting.

I had a school teacher who admitted to doing just that. Your chest is a gross sweaty mess anyway, so I don't think he considered it as much of a difference. Slimy and stinky either way, and you definitely need to shower.

PacerMan
03-24-2006, 03:17 PM

Extreme exercise actually weakens the immune system as you get 'run down'. Don't know if hoops would qualify or not, though at that level it might.

PacerMan
03-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Usually, it's the opposite.

Studies show that athletes get sicker more often, due to overtraining.

Although with Tinsley he would break the mold. You'd actually have to train to be "overtrained.";)

EDIT: On second thought I'd better back-up my post.

So, although it may appear that there is conflicting data about whether exercise can increase or decrease your resistance to illness, it is certain that physical fatigue, whether caused by exercise or manual work, is a factor affecting susceptibility to illness. In a study that examined percentages of runners with upper respiratory tract infections, results suggested that top competitive athletes and those who engaged in very long or intense exercise (such as ultramarathons) were more susceptible to upper respiratory tract infections than less competitive athletes (4). Moreover, the physiological and psychological stress of training and competing at the elite level seems to have a combined effect on susceptibility to illness.

http://www.handcycleracing.com/Overtraining.htm

Overtraining is individualistic in that one person's limit may not be another's, but I'd say professional athletes are overtrained as a whole. Their schedule doesn't allow ample amount of rest, and rest is the key to preventing overtraining.

Absolutely. And I bet if you/I went out and chased an NBA pg around for ONE QUARTER, we'd find out Tins is in a lot better shape than many here seem to think.