PDA

View Full Version : We WILL beat the pistons....

OnlyPacersLeft
03-20-2006, 05:50 PM
I don't know why...But I am getting the feeling we will. We might not even win the title...but if we play the pistons this season in the playoffs we WILL win. I just get this vibe that we are due! Granger has blossomed so much it makes me wonder if he's even a rookie! This team has the best chance I think of any teams in the past. No reggie....but I still get this feeling. We take them to 6 every time we play them! Theres got to be a silver lining in that somewhere!
When it happens...don't be surprised..

Kstat
03-20-2006, 05:51 PM
:D

Nothing like empty promises......

rabid
03-20-2006, 05:52 PM
This, of course, is assuming we PLAY the Pistons... remember it took us 7 games just to beat the Celtics last year.

Chauncey
03-20-2006, 05:55 PM
You ARE smoking crack.

Kstat
03-20-2006, 06:04 PM
It's just one of those "I KNOW we'll beat them because we're the good guys and good always triumphs over evil! Rah rah!" boasts we get every year around this time. You should be familiar with it chauncey.

btowncolt
03-20-2006, 06:06 PM
:cookie:

Kstat
03-20-2006, 06:07 PM
who wants a cookie thats partially eaten?

Raskolnikov
03-20-2006, 06:09 PM
It's just one of those "I KNOW we'll beat them because we're the good guys and good always triumphs over evil! Rah rah!" boasts we get every year around this time.
Rah, rah, rah!

Rah!

RAH!!!

Kegboy
03-20-2006, 06:14 PM
who wants a cookie thats partially eaten?

:wave:

:fatbanana:

Chauncey
03-20-2006, 06:15 PM
RAS RAS RAS RAS RAS!

CableKC
03-20-2006, 06:15 PM
I don't know why...But I am getting the feeling we will. We might not even win the title...but if we play the pistons this season in the playoffs we WILL win. I just get this vibe that we are due! Granger has blossomed so much it makes me wonder if he's even a rookie! This team has the best chance I think of any teams in the past. No reggie....but I still get this feeling. We take them to 6 every time we play them! Theres got to be a silver lining in that somewhere!
About that feeling you have....you should take some antibiotics to see if you can clear it up. If you don't....you may get a big case of the "disappoinments" after we fail to make it to the NBA finals.

Pig Nash
03-20-2006, 06:19 PM
I wish i could believe this. :sigh:

rabid
03-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Isn't it a little early to be thinking about this? Let's MAKE the playoffs first, THEN figure out who we think we can beat.

It's still very, very possible that we'd play the Pistons in the first round...

penn13
03-20-2006, 06:37 PM
but if we play the pistons this season in the playoffs we WILL win.

Austin is that you?

grace
03-20-2006, 06:37 PM

:shakehead Oh to be young and naive, I mean enthusiastic. :sunshine:

That feeling you have is acid reflux. Take a Zantac. :chillpill

OnlyPacersLeft
03-20-2006, 06:45 PM
haha...I know guys. I guess there really isn't a reason to think that we can. But hey..why not? JO is back. And if you don't think we have a shot then It's ok...but like I said don't be surprised if it does. If this team isn't a championship team then what is? do you blow it up and start over? minus artest=no championship????! why? wasn't this supposed to be the year? hmmmmmmmm

Moses
03-20-2006, 06:47 PM
You should have known better. Now you are going to get 4 pages straight of bad jokes from the PD vets and Detroit fans.

Keep em comin guys..It's still funny! :rolleyes:

Suaveness
03-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Deeeeetroit Baaaaasketball.

Lord Helmet
03-20-2006, 07:06 PM
RIP RIP RIP HAAAMILLLLTONNNNNN.

GO!!!!!
03-20-2006, 07:43 PM
I AGREE !! if we are playing Acker, Delfino, Johnson, Maxwell & Cato then sure i think we can beat those pistons too, i'm with you player

Shade
03-20-2006, 07:48 PM
I agree. We'll definitely win...

...a game...

:(

denyfizle
03-20-2006, 07:57 PM
YES WE HAVE A GOOD CHANCE OF BEATING THE PISTONS!!!- on Friday that is. But playoffs??? Yea, we all wish. Don't count on me to place money on our team though.

clownskull
03-20-2006, 08:05 PM
can't say that i agree. but one could always hope i suppose.
the statements i saw to make the claim seemed little more than the usual rah rah stuff i have seen before a million times.
it still boils down to a few things.
rasheed can guard jermaine better than anyone in the league and pretty much negate him.
rip is better than jax.
chauncey is better than a healthy tinsley.
those factors alone are a big roadblock.
i hope we do beat the pistons if we meet up in playoffs but really, i think the fact that they are a team that can get up for pretty much anyone (even the bad teams) and the record they have- show they are currently the better team and will likely win again in about 6 or less if we face them.

OnlyPacersLeft
03-20-2006, 08:35 PM
oh well :(

Evan_The_Dude
03-20-2006, 08:48 PM
If in the next few weeks we learn how to take a lead and keep it, then I'd be convinced we can take Detroit to 7 games in the playoffs. Actually winning that 7th game is the question though.