PDA

View Full Version : Indy Star: Confusion over, Granger steps up

SoThenRobbieSaid
03-19-2006, 01:06 PM
"Not messing around"? I may be a tad biased, but Granger has never looked like he gets on the court and messes around. He plays hard, every night.

Strany
03-19-2006, 01:17 PM
If Johnson said that then I sure as hec hope he is wearing a different uniform next year. He is alot more consistant than AJ ever will be.

317Kim
03-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Danger doesn't look like he "messes around" he always looks focused to me.

Kaufman
03-19-2006, 01:22 PM
This article... some compelling material here I tell ya. The Star writer should get a gold star for it.

sweabs
03-19-2006, 01:32 PM
Danny was one of the few people who were warming up 90 (or more) minutes before each game practicing footwork and shooting - during both games I attended. He was always there, and always focused. I don't know what AJ is talking about. I never saw anything that would lead me to believe that Danny was just messing around.

Evan_The_Dude
03-19-2006, 01:34 PM
Johnson is probably talking about in practice. That paragraph surprised me too, but I'm sure it's not an uncommon thing.

Unclebuck
03-19-2006, 01:54 PM
I heard that early on Granger often did not know the plays. Leartnbing the system and learning the plays is often dificult for rookies, and DG had some tyrouble in that area, plus he was learning two very different positions. Going from power forward to small forward is a big adjustment

BlueNGold
03-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Regardless, AJ's statement did not give DG enough credit...especially since DG is in a class AJ could only dream of. Maybe AJ has been told not to stroke the rookie.

Unclebuck
03-19-2006, 02:13 PM
AJ is talking about Granger's mental approach, and Rick said almost the exact same thing in his postgame press conference. In fact I first thought that in the article was from Rick.

I've seen it many many times this season (lot less lately), Granger had to be told by teammates or coach where to be on a particular play. Where to be on an inbound play.

OK, here's Rick's quote from Friday night

Danny Granger had a tremendous game and much needed. He has been through a lot and experienced a lot. It’s gone a lot of different ways for him. The thing I’ve noticed is when he really concentrates and prepares himself mentally he plays really well.”

PacerMan
03-19-2006, 02:16 PM
yeah, it's a matter of degrees. ANd being "locked in" to what the team is doing, or trying to do. Not a question of giving effort.
"Work smarter, not harder" kind of thing.

ChicagoJ
03-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Isn't RATS the Indy Star message board?

This looks like a legit published artile, we should probably credit the source and not the source's message board in the title.

able
03-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Consdiering the amount of replies and the seemingly 1st time infraction I made the changes myself, I do not make a habit of that, popular speak is nice, but if you fail to credit then you are looking for trouble with me, something you do not want to do

ChicagoJ
03-19-2006, 02:51 PM
Sorry Jay, I dont keep up with all of the lingo.

I always post RATS whenever anything comes from over at the star, but if that is inproper, feel free to edit the title. I beleive I gave proper credit with the link, but if I did that incorrect as well please edit it to make it legit.

I've seen it a few times lately, not sure who and why, but we should call the published section of the paper by its proper name. If we're copying a thread from the message board, I think its common name is "RATS" (Star spelled backwards) so that's cool.

It is an important distinction, however.

ChicagoJ
03-19-2006, 02:55 PM
Its cool.

able
03-19-2006, 04:09 PM
you did not credit Mike , I added that, plus when it comes from a legit source as the Indy Star, you have to refer to the correct source.

Kegboy
03-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Back on subject, Rick has stated many times over the season that Danny gets lost. I think that's perfectly understandable, considering he's a rook asked to not only play 2 positions, but go back and forth between two units.