PDA

View Full Version : Random stuff

joles519
03-19-2006, 11:51 AM
I don't normally post but I just wanted to post some random stuff just to get it off of my chest, so to speak. I don't know if this should go somewhere else but it is really all basketball related.

First of all, I am a long basketball fan. When I was little, I watched a ton of Purdue basketball with my mom. As I got older I started watching the Pacers. Now I am a crazy Pacers (and Colts) fan.

I am very excited because I have tickets to some Pacers games this year. I got one of the ticket packages for Christmas from my mom (and I am taking her with me). I have also been able to watch some games from a suite (my mom's company's). I am so excited about all of this!!

I went to the Kings game and sat in my gift seats for the 1st half and then we went to the suite for the second half. Although the suite seats are better and there is free food and beverages, I have a tough time watching the game from there. People come up and talk to me; I find it very hard to not watch the game. Many of the people in the suite are not there to watch the game but are there for business contacts (boo to them). I missed the 3rd quarter and part of the 4th quarter trying to be polite and talk to my mom's business associates. (I am a "grown up", but I find basketball very distracting).

Anyway, I did not boo Ron because I don't want to waste energy on him. I did cheer Brad Miller (at the beginning) and I can't wait for him to come back and play for IN. I feel sorry for Jack, and his comments to Ron, if fans boo him. I think that is disrepectful. I guess I have to respect the people who think it is their right to boo one of our own because they paid the money to be there.

My mom and I caught a glance of Jack and his little girl in the parking garage after the game and I was very excited about that. I have never really been that excited about "famous" people but apparently basketball stars are different to me.

My mom and I purchased jerseys at the game and we went to the Fred Jones signing on Saturday in Lawrence. I was very excited and nervous about the signing. Apparently I act much like a teenage girl over say, Orlando Bloom. Freddie is my favorite player (I saw him at Basketball 101 about 2 years ago along with James Jones). I was so excited it was ridiculous. I have never really met anyone famous before and I have never gotten anyone's autograph before (besides Kyle Orton's for my mom). So at the signing, it was mostly little kids and their parents. The little kids in front of me were way less excited than me. So I got my jersey signed and my mom told Fred that I wanted my picture taken with him. I was too nervous to say anything besides thank you. I didn't want to creep him out so I am standing way far away in the picture. He was very polite and soft spoken. I wonder what he thinks of having to do those things?

So after the signing, 99.5 had a mini basketball shoot so you could win tickets. My mom MADE me do it even though I was so nervous I couldn't talk much. Let me preface this all by saying I am very shy, self conscious, and HATE drawing attention to my self. So I shoot and throw the ball completely over the goal (it's only about 5') and hit the display behind the goal. :blush: I was so embarassed, but no one really saw it besides my mom and the radio guys. They were very nice and gave me a t-shirt. I was still so embarassed I wanted to die. My mom shot a "granny shot" and won us some tickets to the April 12th Celtics game. My mom thought that it was all hilarious and I kept her laughing about it for about an hour.

I told my dad about it and told him that I didn't stand too close to Freddie because I thought that would be creepy (my mom wanted me to put my arm around his shoulder). My dad asked why would it be creepy. Is Freddie ugly? I thought that was pretty funny because I was certainly thinking that it would be creepy for Freddie not me.

Anyway I have to add the basketball shooting to one of my most embarassing moments, but I am still excited about the auograph. I am also excited about the upcoming games. Thank you for listening to my ramblings. :)

cramerica
03-19-2006, 12:34 PM
I always like these kind of posts. Sort of a random thoughts from some anonymous poster that doesn't usually post. I like it.

Good stuff and it's alright to be self-consious. I'm the same way. I hate attention. On my birthdays, if anyone even acts like they are going to sing happy birthday to me at restaurants, I'm already heading for the door. My wife knows better.

Keep posting.

Raskolnikov
03-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Great post, joles!

Enjoyed reading it.

Peck
03-19-2006, 04:06 PM
I had a good time reading this story.

Sometimes I get so caught up in the business of the game that I forget that deep down inside I love the Pacers.

Posts like this remind me why I care so much.

Thanks for sharing.

Stryder
03-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Very nice read.

Post more often!

Unclebuck
03-19-2006, 09:04 PM
I had a good time reading this story.

Sometimes I get so caught up in the business of the game that I forget that deep down inside I love the Pacers.

Posts like this remind me why I care so much.

Thanks for sharing.

Very well said and I agree completely.