PDA

View Full Version : U.S. 31 to become Reggie's road

MagicRat
03-18-2006, 11:06 AM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060318/SPORTS/603180471/1004/SPORTS

U.S. 31 to become Reggie's road

Reggie Miller soon will have a stretch of Indiana highway named for him -- one that matches the jersey number he wore for 18 years as an Indiana Pacer.

U.S. 31 from the Indianapolis beltway I-465 north to the Hamilton/Tipton County line will be named Reggie Miller Highway within a month, Indiana Department of Transportation spokeswoman Megan Kaderavek said Friday.

Miller joked that he doesn’t expect much trouble from law enforcement.

"If I ever get a speeding ticket there, I’m just taking it to city hall," Miller said.

Miller, now a TNT basketball analyst, is the all-time NBA leader in 3-point goals.

Kaderavek said no date has been set for a ceremony or for the raising of a sign on the segment on the roadway.

Miller’s jersey will be retired by the Pacers on March 30. Having a highway named after him is an equally high honor, Miller said.

"To me, that is as cool," he said. "To have a stretch of highway named after you is weird. I’m on there all the time."

heywoode
03-18-2006, 11:50 AM
YEAH BABY!!

I think they should name it that all the way to Michigan so I could drive on it more often too...

cramerica
03-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Very cool.

Shade
03-18-2006, 08:47 PM
I'm gonna scream "BOOM BABY!" every time I take it anywhere. :D

PCC87
03-18-2006, 08:49 PM
I don't care what they say I am going to call the entire 31 Reggie Miller Rd. I am just saying this because I don't live in that area and I wanna say that I drove on Reggie's road.

317Kim
03-18-2006, 08:50 PM
AWESOME!

:boombaby:

Roaming Gnome
03-18-2006, 10:54 PM
I wonder if it will be Actually known as "Reggie Miller Highway"...as in the street signs at the intersections will say, "Reggie Miller Highway"...Or will they just throw up a couple signs like what they did on I-65 for Kenneth "Babyface" Edmons or on I-69 for the Korean veterans highway.

I hope they do the full change, so it shows up on maps and the like, but if it is just a couple of signs...Its still an honor non the less. Heck, many want Indot(IN dept. of Trans.) to name I-465 "Letterman Loop" or "Letterman Expressway" and they have resisted. Letterman is definatly more known then Reggie as far as the fame game goes.

03-18-2006, 10:57 PM
haha! Wicked! :D

EDIT: When will the "Reggie Jersey retirement" ceremony start? Before / Halftime / After game? My friend is gona cap. that game and i just wanna be sure he caps Reggies ceremony... would cry if i didnt see it (will cry even when i see it also but but... )

microwave_oven
03-18-2006, 11:25 PM
I drive on US 31 everyday when I'm @ home

Bball
03-19-2006, 04:37 AM
Interestingly, Gov. Daniels is negotiating with a foreign firm about taking over operations of Reggie Miller Highway and turning it into a toll road. Initially the toll will be .31 cents in honor of Reggie.

:-p

-Bball