PDA

View Full Version : Something I want people to take note of about Tinsley and Rick.

Tim
03-17-2006, 10:14 PM
During the third quarter of tonights game (Sac at Indy, 03/17), with about 35 seconds to go.

The game is close, I think the Kings are at this point.
Pacers call time out then run a play strictly for Tinsley, he never looked to pass, just penetrate and shoot.

The point I am making here is that was the play Rick wanted, not Jamaal being a ball hog.

Tinsley is criticized a lot for being selfish when I have pointed out that if he does it repeatedly then he is doing what the coach wants.

I just wanted to point this out because earlier during the game AJ was passing the ball well and had we lost the game Tinsley would have taken heat for going one on one when its Rick wanting Tinsley to play that way.

Unclebuck
03-17-2006, 10:21 PM
During the third quarter of tonights game (Sac at Indy, 03/17), with about 35 seconds to go.

The game is close, I think the Kings are at this point.
Pacers call time out then run a play strictly for Tinsley, he never looked to pass, just penetrate and shoot.

The point I am making here is that was the play Rick wanted, not Jamaal being a ball hog.

Tinsley is criticized a lot for being selfish when I have pointed out that if he does it repeatedly then he is doing what the coach wants.

I just wanted to point this out because earlier during the game AJ was passing the ball well and had we lost the game Tinsley would have taken heat for going one on one when its Rick wanting Tinsley to play that way.

Please, don't take this as criticism of Tinsley at all. But Bibby is a horrible defender, Tinsley was able to do whatever he wanted against him.

That was the best matchup we had.

D-BONE
03-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Good defense. Along these lines, I found it intersting after the Nuggets game, that Rick in the Indy Star actually was quoted saying that the megaiso for Jack on the next to last possession was called by the players on the court.

He then said he probably should have called a TO and worked up a specific play. Just interesting. I think it just shows our views of the whole iso and who's a ballhog and who's not are inaccurate when you think of this perspective of all the stuff going on.

It also goes against the grain of our traditional wisdom that Rick always calls these isos from the bench. Anyway, I'm sure we'll continue to speculate regardless.

piksi
03-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Please, don't take this as criticism of Tinsley at all. But Bibby is a horrible defender, Tinsley was able to do whatever he wanted against him.

very true

Jermaniac
03-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Tinsley does that to anybody guarding him, its just a matter of him making his shots.

Tim
03-17-2006, 10:42 PM

Its true Bibby can't guard me, but during the game the team moved the ball around pretty well at times, something people here want more of. Had we lost don't you think Tinsley would have been lit up for being selfish?

denyfizle
03-17-2006, 10:42 PM
JT over Bibby's defense all night, everynight, any night.

Unclebuck
03-17-2006, 10:43 PM
Tinsley does that to anybody guarding him, its just a matter of him making his shots.

He does? I don't agree. He has trouble getting inside and scoring against the bigger point guards. Tinsley always plays better offensively against the smaller players, because Tinsley is very good inside, and he has a strength advantage over a lot of the point guards

Jermaniac
03-17-2006, 10:58 PM
He does? I don't agree. He has trouble getting inside and scoring against the bigger point guards. Tinsley always plays better offensively against the smaller players, because Tinsley is very good inside, and he has a strength advantage over a lot of the point guards
Who would you consider some of the bigger point guards? I'm having trouble thinking about them.

Billups maybe? Tins gets to the basket pretty good against him. Like I said he gets to the basket against anybody its just that he misses some easy shots. When its gets going for him like it did tonight he is deadly.

Kegboy
03-17-2006, 10:59 PM
I think Tinsley has looked for his shot more because Rick wants him too. Rick has always preferred scoring points to pass-first points, and he calls the plays that put the PG in scoring position.

Kegboy
03-17-2006, 11:00 PM
I agree, Tinsley doesn't have problems with other PG's, it's the help defenders that screw him up.

Jermaniac
03-17-2006, 11:02 PM
Like 2 nights ago, he got to the basket when ever he wanted against Miller but they had that great shot blocker like Camby and he made him worry about how he shot it and change his shot alot. Kings didnt have that so he had a great game.

Hicks
03-17-2006, 11:09 PM
Tinsley looks horrible offensively against teams with shot blockers.

Jermaniac
03-17-2006, 11:12 PM
But how about the Oscar Winning Acting jobs Tinsley is having? Seriously this is some of the funniest **** I have seen in a game of basketball.

- Jack hits Brad in the eye, Tins see's Brad swing his arms so he runs toward his arms so he can get hit and fall on the floor.

- Steals the ball from Brad, Brad puts a hand on him and Tins falls to the floor screaming AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

D-BONE
03-18-2006, 08:53 AM
OK. So here's the deal about JT in the Nuggets game.

A) He was no match for Andre Miller on D.

B) Yes, he did penetrate frequently only to be rejected by Camby a help defender. However, JT has got to realize Camby's ability and stop driving in there head-first with no outlet for when he gets smothered. He needs to recognize that after the first couple times his drives wind up in a turnover and not keep doing it all night.

I agree with UB's analysis that JT matches up very well with some PGs and not as well with others. In any case, if he plays smart (see B above) and within himself against some of the tougher matchups, he cans still be very effective. That includes not getting sucked into 1-on-1 duels with his opponent.

Ragnar
03-18-2006, 10:23 AM
The bottom line is that Tins needs to be in at the ends of close games because he is clutch. With AJ at the point we are a .500 team at best.