A very good game and a revelation of one Danny Granger. If there was
any doubt about how the fans feel in general about Ron it was erased
immediately as just about everyone booed at his introduction and EVERY
time he handled the ball. Ron did a few theatrics as usual. Boy am I glad
that the Pacers do not have to deal with those little idiosyncrasies of
Ron anymore.
Back to Granger. The man can score. He has a beautiful, sweet, high
arcing shot that is very difficult to block. He is also very lucky he was
not severly hurt on the flagrant foul. It looked very ugly.
Granger may have to called "Money" very soon if his shot continues
as is. Overall a very enjoyable game. Downtown was very active tonight
with it being St Patricks Day

owl

Unclebuck
03-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Well I hope the fans got the booing out of their system. Really it wasn't that loud. But I will say that fan who threw the ball and it hit Ronnie (I don't think he did it on purpose, I could be wrong) if he did it on purpose that fan should have been ejected and never allowed back into Conseco, but like I said I think it was an accident.

Criticize Ron if you want, but he showed a lot of class after the game in how he talked to or hugged all the Pacers players and coaches. He just lost a tough game after having a bad second half, he showed a lot of class. I hope the fans can just move on

D-BONE
03-17-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm with ya, UB. What's done is done. Obviously, it's all about the Pacers now and big Ronnie isn't with us anymore.

owl
03-17-2006, 10:14 PM
As far as I am concerned Ron is a Sacramento King and that is it.
I did no booing at all but is anyone really surprised at the fans response?
I am looking forward to the future of this team and I am glad the Ron
era is over. More changes will probably be in store.

owl

Unclebuck
03-17-2006, 10:18 PM
So did Peja. Most players stop and hug there former teammates and coaches, its a small tight0knit community.

I have no problem with the fans moving on, as long as his fans can move on as well ;)

Hey, hey, hey. I moved on a long time ago. Have I started one thread about Ron since he was traded? No. Have I moaned and groaned about "not having Ron, or saying, well if we had Ron we would have won the game" In fact I've posted very, very little about him.

I just wish those who hated Ron can move on as well as I have

Unclebuck
03-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Hey, hey, hey. I was partially being facetious, but yes, you have moved on well.

But just because you havent mentioned him [much] doesnt mean you still dont love him, and while I play the stupid role very well, I am able to use my process of deduction to tell you are still a fan of his ;)

We will all move on, but part of being a sports fan is having heroes and villans. You may not like the people that we choose to villify, but that is the beauty of sports. In time we will move on, well most of us will. There are always a few that cant let go. Hicks and Brad Miller, Peck and Dale Davis, I have never been that clsoe to a player, but I would say I did lose interest in the NBA after Reggie retired, even if it was for a short while. My point is: Most people will move on, but they are going to enjoy the oppurtunity they have to villify a player, esp. one who makes it as easy to be hated as Artest does.

OK, OK, OK, I wasn't mad. But I wanted to make my point clearly.

Tonight was facinating to watch the contrast between Ron and Peja. Peja hardly ever has the ball. Ron has the ball all the time. Peja never takes a bad shot. Ron takes tons of bad shots. Ron is noticeable every second he is in the game. Peja is a quiet in every way. Ron is loud in everything he does

Unclebuck
03-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Jax deserves some credit. He came back into the game with 5 minutes left in the game, hit two jumpers, played some good defense and got a dunk.

denyfizle
03-17-2006, 10:41 PM
lol the booing was fun! it was a great atmosphere indeed. i got RonRon's autograph too. we needed this one after all the heartaches we've had the past 2 years coz of ronron. i still love the guy, but it's really nice to see the people come together and rally behind our team. i think the noise and the booing got to Ron a bit. he forced a lot of shots specially in the 4th. so yea, the 6th man did their thing tonight. we should applaud ourselves. i just hope those who don't like the booing would stop preaching as well. give me a break, it's all in fun. it also helped that Adelman benched K. Martin who was getting hot and never put him back. :boomer:

Unclebuck
03-17-2006, 10:47 PM
One thing about Peja that is never mentioned is that he has great hands, his hands remind me of Larry Bird. It isn't that their that quick or big, but they have great eye hand coordination. That is not to say Peja is a great ball handler as far as dribbling is concerned, but his hands are very skilled.

Not sure that makes any sense

piksi
03-17-2006, 10:51 PM
One thing about Peja that is never mentioned is that he has great hands, his hands remind me of Larry Bird. It isn't that their that quick or big, but they have great eye hand coordination. That is not to say Peja is a great ball handler as far as dribbling is concerned, but his hands are very skilled.

Not sure that makes any sense

he did not have them in Toronto

but generally he has more skills than just shooting. Those skills have not been properly used in Sacramento

owl
03-17-2006, 10:54 PM
I believe the Pacers need one more reliable outside shooter and a different
style of guard to back up the starter which as this time Tinsley is the best
the Pacers have.
I think I partially understand your Peja description. It also seems like once
he gets a rebound he rarely looses it and he has good strength on finishing
on layups.

owl

Unclebuck
03-17-2006, 10:56 PM
he did not have them in Toronto

but generally he has more skills than just shooting. Those skills have not been properly used in Sacramento

Well he is not a great dribbler, he almost lost the ball tonight also. But once he picks the ball up, he is very skilled with the ball. He plays like a guy who has been playing basketball for 50 years. I mean that in a good way.

piksi
03-17-2006, 10:58 PM
Well he is not a great dribbler, he almost lost the ball tonight also. But once he picks the ball up, he is very skilled with the ball. He plays like a guy who has been playing basketball for 50 years. I mean that in a good way.

there is no dribbling in the "princtone offense"

He is capable of learning if there is someone who is willing to teach him.

Trader Joe
03-17-2006, 11:01 PM
I was also at the game a lot of fun. I booed Ron at the start of the game but that was the only boo Ron got out of me because he was ROn. Any other time I booed him was purely conicidental. ;)

CableKC
03-18-2006, 01:02 AM
But I will say that fan who threw the ball and it hit Ronnie (I don't think he did it on purpose, I could be wrong) if he did it on purpose that fan should have been ejected and never allowed back into Conseco, but like I said I think it was an accident.
Wow....that really happened?

How could throwing a ball be an accident?

piksi
03-18-2006, 01:04 AM
How could throwing a ball be an accident?

You can ask about 20% of the active NBA players and they wouldn't know

grace
03-18-2006, 01:17 AM
Well I hope the fans got the booing out of their system. Really it wasn't that loud.

It sure seemed loud on TV. I guess the Pacers must be using artificial noise like the Colts do. :shrug:

Moses
03-18-2006, 09:25 AM
It sure seemed loud on TV. I guess the Pacers must be using artificial noise like the Colts do. :shrug:
So you finally admitted it.
WAIT TIL I TELL THE NFLPA!!

:laugh: