PDA

View Full Version : Official post-game thread: Kings @ Pacers 03/17/06

Anthem
03-17-2006, 10:17 PM
I don't have much to say, other than "Great win!" and "I love Granger!"

Can't wait for people to start coming home from the game.

Jermaniac
03-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Who loves Tinsley? I LOVE TINSLEY

Ohh and the Crowd, IT WAS AMAZING. I loved the crowd tonight. Pumped the team up alot on the comeback.

Mourning
03-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Great moral victory tonight! With Danny and Peja we're definitely set at the SF spot.

D-BONE
03-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Great team effort. Granger & Tins excellent games. Despite the early deficit I had a feeling we'd win. Just didn't think we'd let Ron-Ron show us up on the home court. Think SAC may have fallen into a bit of a trap by such sizzling early shooting (over 70% 1st quarter).

Evan_The_Dude
03-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Patiently waiting for the people that want to trade Tinsley in the offseason to arrive and say we can get a better pg...

Moses
03-17-2006, 10:23 PM
Let's not forget Fosters agressiveness on the boards.

An all around fantastic win tonight. Tinsley played excellent as did Peja and Granger. This come from behind win has me optimistic about the future. I also hope that this somewhat diminishes all the hate people have for Tinsley. It's clear who the better PG is but let's not downplay AJ's performance tonight. He had 9 assists and a 1-2 punch of Tinsley and AJ is pretty lethal. AJ will give us a spark off the bench once Tinsley returns as the starter.

Fireball Kid
03-17-2006, 10:23 PM
Danny Granger is the man. After that flagrant foul, he just took over with his sweet jump shot. Its like you get the feeling that when he shoots the ball, its gonna go in. Oh, and he also had 2 blocks and 2 steals.

This kid............hasnt even reached his full potential.

03-17-2006, 10:25 PM
PEJA = 1
RON. = 0

Anthem
03-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Patiently waiting for the people that want to trade Tinsley in the offseason to arrive and say we can get a better pg...
If we can get a better PG*, I'd be fine with trading Tinsley in the offseason.

Definitely a good game tonight though.

*This does not include AJ or Saras, or even anyone near that level.

Hicks
Granger has the heart of a champion, and a jumper to boot.

Aw Heck
Danny Granger is the man. After that flagrant foul, he just took over with his sweet jump shot. Its like you get the feeling that when he shoots the ball, its gonna go in. Oh, and he also had 2 blocks and 2 steals.

This kid............hasnt even reached his full potential.

Definitely. At this point I'm convinced that he's going to be at least as good as Tayshaun Prince. I'm expecting him to eventually be better than Prince, of course. :D

NorCal_Pacerfan
yeeee friggin' ha. After the last few heartbreakers, it's nice to have one flip our way. Even nicer to do it against the Kings.

Go Peja, Go Granger!

Los Angeles
Man, that felt GOOD!

First - an open apology to Tinsley. I didn't think he would work well in the new offense. I didn't think he would be 100% for a while. I didn't think he would deserve to start. I was wrong on all accounts. I hate it when that happens. :)

Second - Artest. I hope the kings fans were paying attention. This is the Artest you traded for, like it or not.

Third - The Harrison regression. Somebody please talk to that guy again about complaining to the refs.

Last - the player of the game, the real savior of our season - Danny Granger. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that he would be this good this early in his career. Thank you for demanding a trade, Ron. Seriously, If you hadn't done that, well, I don't even want to think about how much good basketball I would have missed.

GREAT GAME, good win!

WOOT!!!

D-BONE

I love Tins TONIGHT! Now, if he can maintain that level of play the rest of the year and playoffs sans injury then I will be more than willing to change my current assessment of him. I don't dislike his ability, but you can't argue with lack of production whether it be due to injury or something else.

PaceBalls
a few things I liked were...

Tinsley in at crunch time.

Jackson on the bench for a long breather till about the 6min mark in the 4th. Ever think maybe the reason he misses all those shots at crunch time is he is really tired?

Danny Granger took this game personally, he is something else. Is he going to be our best player? full balls

and for all the Runi fanbwois... Runi on the bench :devil: ;)

I could tell Ron wanted to win so bad, too much so. It was reminscent of a pistons playoff game where he kept trying to do it all himself. Not one of his better 2nd halfs.

Great entertaining game

piksi
03-17-2006, 10:28 PM
To be fair - bibby can't guard my computer chair and it is missing a wheel

Outlaw
03-17-2006, 10:29 PM
GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!:rockon: :rockon2: :yes:

1. Bonzi is a punk.....:mad:

2. Granger was awsome...Ron who???? :evillaugh :therock:

3. Tinsley needs more minutes...:D great to see him finish the game.:)

4. Pollard looked really cool with his Roy Orbison look...:cool:

5. Oh and Peja rocks...

Los Angeles
03-17-2006, 10:35 PM
Didn't see this rolling when I put mine up. Admins, feel free to merge.

Jermaniac
03-17-2006, 10:38 PM
Ohh and not to be forgoten Jack, big props to Jack. Even though Ron probably got him by like 50 pounds, Jack was in the paint guarding Ron strong, and he rebounded the ball very well tonight.

He made 3 big buckets when we went down 6 in the 4th. He didnt force it tonight and when Ron was on him he didnt try to shoot at all always looking to make the pass. Big ups Jack.

Doug
03-17-2006, 10:39 PM
I think that if I were the type of guy who named one particular Pacer "my favorite Pacer", it'd be Danny Granger.

D-BONE
03-17-2006, 10:42 PM
Jackson on the bench for a long breather till about the 6min mark in the 4th. Ever think maybe the reason he misses all those shots at crunch time is he is really tired?

Was it just me or did Jack seem to be more judicious about just hoisting whenever when he was in down the stretch? He hit a couple important shots and I only recall one miss late.

Early he was trying to get going, but late I thought he didn't seem to force as much as usual. Plus he did some other things passing and rebounding to contribute. Also, interesting that SAC elected to start the game with Artest on him and not Peja.

Ragnar
03-17-2006, 10:55 PM
When Rick sets Harrison up in the Jermaine role ie: pound it inside to him and let him go to work Harrison is not effective (yet) When he just has David in there to clog the lane get rebounds and let the pg's get him open dunks when they see he is open he is extremely effective.

Can we never see AJ in the last few minutes of a close game? edit: at pg I am fine with him in at sg

PaceBalls
03-17-2006, 10:57 PM
Was it just me or did Jack seem to be more judicious about just hoisting whenever when he was in down the stretch? He hit a couple important shots and I only recall one miss late.

Early he was trying to get going, but late I thought he didn't seem to force as much as usual. Plus he did some other things passing and rebounding to contribute. Also, interesting that SAC elected to start the game with Artest on him and not Peja.

From what I've seen watching Jackson, he shoots really well early. He fades late, and they are usually short.

I remember showing up to a game last year 2 hours early, and he was out there working his 3pt shot. I watched him hit about 25 in a row.

I think if he could get a good rest at the start of the 4th till about halfway through... like they used to do with Reggie Miller, he would be much more effective at the end of the game.

IUColtPacerFan
03-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Granger has the heart of a champion, and a jumper to boot.

I am hoping that Granger becomes the heart of the Pacers like Reggie was. What a great game he had and if his play this season thus far is any indication of his entire career, I only hope he decides that Indianapolis is the place he wants to be. Count me in as indefinitely in the Danny Granger fan club.

Unclebuck
03-17-2006, 11:13 PM

Can he stay healthy

Unclebuck
03-17-2006, 11:14 PM
He was great tonight, but how long will he stay healthy?.............

P.S. UB, was that you that was wearing a #15 Artest jersey? Some guy high fived "the one we do not speak of" as he left the building after the game, and I could have sworn that it was you.

LOL

No that wasn't me

Anthem
03-17-2006, 11:18 PM
My unofficial thread is all grown up... :cry:

denyfizle
03-17-2006, 11:21 PM
What a great game!!!! I got Artest autographs after his pregame shootaround and we had fun booing him enroute to our rare come from behind victory. DG and JT made our St.Patty's glorious!!! GREAT WIN!!!!

Hicks
03-17-2006, 11:22 PM
You got his autograph.... and then booed him.

piksi
03-17-2006, 11:27 PM

nothing wrong with that.

In Europe they boo every opponent. Hell, they booed Dejan Bodiroga in Belgrade and he is the "national hero." You aleays stick with Your team and do everything possible to help it win

Jermaniac
03-17-2006, 11:27 PM
Reminds me of JONEAL going to the games getting all the Pistons auto's and then coming on here saying **** the Pistons

Mourning
03-17-2006, 11:29 PM
Reminds me of JONEAL going to the games getting all the Pistons auto's and then coming on here saying **** the Pistons

Ah yes, the good ol' days :D:D:D

Jermaniac
03-17-2006, 11:29 PM
I have no idea what is he a Pacers,Magic and Houston fan right?

Mourning
03-17-2006, 11:40 PM
Never heard the Rockets one, but I had talked to him briefly and I do beleive he was a Pacers and a Magic fan (which I guess is cool, he did live in Orlando, didnt he?)

Rockets, because he was a fan of T-Mac aswell.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Hicks
03-17-2006, 11:45 PM
Sadly, that was the first thing I thought of as well.

Does that kid still go to Pacers games?

Sure does. Peck, Diamond Dave, Roaming Gnome, and I saw him at the Hawks game, decked out in Atlanta gear, collecting wristbands.

Kegboy
03-17-2006, 11:53 PM
Sure does. Peck, Diamond Dave, Roaming Gnome, and I saw him at the Hawks game, decked out in Atlanta gear, collecting wristbands.

:1oops:

denyfizle

yea... coz he WAS my favorite Pacer but he was trying to beat us now. so...

denyfizle
nothing wrong with that.

In Europe they boo every opponent. Hell, they booed Dejan Bodiroga in Belgrade and he is the "national hero." You aleays stick with Your team and do everything possible to help it win

touche

Jermaniac
03-17-2006, 11:59 PM
Remember Jermaine O'Neal is racist because he gave the black kid the armband instead of him. LMAO Good Times.

ChicagoJ
03-18-2006, 01:47 AM
I loved that you could hear the "Artest Sucks" chant on tv, late in the game.

Perfect.

Wow. That second half from Ron reminded me of the the second half of Game #6 in 2004.

The only things missing were a one-on-four drive and attempt to dunk on Ben Wallace, and an uncontested thirty-footer with 19 seconds left on the shotclock.

Good riddance, idiot.

Speaking of... where's our friend from this afternoon?

piksi
03-18-2006, 02:04 AM
Speaking of... where's our friend from this afternoon?

his parents found out what he was doing and took the computer away

CableKC
03-18-2006, 02:31 AM
Towards the end of the game....I was sort of hoping that Artest would get the ball.

With his habit for taking ill-advised shots....I wouldn't be surprised if made a few bad shots.....

317Kim
03-18-2006, 09:21 AM
Great game! I lost my voice last night but it's recovering alright. I didn't boo as much as I thought I would though.

At the end of the game, I was looking to see what they would do and Ron went over to our bench and hugged Jack, Rick, Danger, and many more it was a big HUG EXCHANGE there...

:lmao: at Ron's face while hearing the boo's.

Unclebuck
03-18-2006, 12:12 PM
I must have been sitting in the wrong place. I never heard any Ron you suck chants and I didn't think the booing was very loud. Never sat in the area I sat last night, so maybe it is just a quiet area, where sound doesn't travel well

Jermaniac
03-18-2006, 12:29 PM
When Peja was shooting the FT's with some seconds left in the 4th is when the Artest Sucks chants started