PDA

View Full Version : Artest has leadership skills

Artest is the best!
03-17-2006, 05:51 PM
i know it sound crazy but its true. he has taken the young players under his wing and they have developed in a huge way. everyone is playing harder since he has gotten here and i had no idea he was this good. since hes gotten here all hes cared about is winning. every question the media asks him he always says he just wants to win. when he first got here the kings were 19-27 and he guarenteed they would make the playoffs. when he said that everyone thought he was crazy but now he looks like a genious. in his first freaking game with the kings he huddled up the players and told them what he wanted them to do. in the laker game on tuesday at halftime he ran to the tunnel before everyone else to high five the pllayers and tell them they have been doing a good job so far. the team has been playing great defense, they have been rebounding and playing with much more passion then when peja was here tanking the season which was very obvious. arest is a true leader and his passing is underated. i didnt realize how unselfish he is and how good his jumpshot is. he made 4-6 three pointers and is getting back in shape. when he first got here he was 271 pounds:-o and now hes 248. hes the first one in practice and the very last one to leave. he has been a breath of fresh air for this team and has been fantastic! i understand why some of you hate him but that was with the pacers and im not even thinking about it just like you guy arent thinking about pejas play in the playoffs. this trade has been great for both teams and i hope it works out for you guys and you can resign peja.:)

ChicagoJ
03-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Artest can lead any team straight to hell.

So yes, he's a leader all right.

VF21
03-17-2006, 05:54 PM
OMG. I'm a Kings fan and I'm embarrassed by all that gushing...

:blush: :rolleyes:

On behalf of every Kings fan in the universe who DOESN'T feel the need to come and post that kind of stuff here, you all have my sincere apologies.

Artest is the best!
03-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Artest can lead any team straight to hell.

So yes, he's a leader all right. maybe your team but not ours. where the hell is peja gonna lead you?

Outlaw
03-17-2006, 05:55 PM
TICK,TICK,TICK......:devil:

Artest is the best!
03-17-2006, 05:55 PM
OMG. I'm a Kings fan and I'm embarrassed by all that gushing...

:blush: :rolleyes:

On behalf of every Kings fan in the universe who DOESN'T feel the need to come and post that kind of stuff here, you all have my sincere apologies. what do you mean? why didnt you like what i said wasnt it all true?

Eindar
03-17-2006, 05:56 PM
i know it sound crazy but its true. he has taken the young players under his wing and they have developed in a huge way. everyone is playing harder since he has gotten here and i had no idea he was this good. since hes gotten here all hes cared about is winning. every question the media asks him he always says he just wants to win. when he first got here the kings were 19-27 and he guarenteed they would make the playoffs. when he said that everyone thought he was crazy but now he looks like a genious. in his first freaking game with the kings he huddled up the players and told them what he wanted them to do. in the laker game on tuesday at halftime he ran to the tunnel before everyone else to high five the pllayers and tell them they have been doing a good job so far. the team has been playing great defense, they have been rebounding and playing with much more passion then when peja was here tanking the season which was very obvious. arest is a true leader and his passing is underated. i didnt realize how unselfish he is and how good his jumpshot is. he made 4-6 three pointers and is getting back in shape. when he first got here he was 271 pounds:-o and now hes 248. hes the first one in practice and the very last one to leave. he has been a breath of fresh air for this team and has been fantastic! i understand why some of you hate him but that was with the pacers and im not even thinking about it just like you guy arent thinking about pejas play in the playoffs. this trade has been great for both teams and i hope it works out for you guys and you can resign peja.:)

So, should I put him on ignore, or is he going to get banned before I have to worry about it? :)

Hicks
03-17-2006, 05:56 PM
maybe your team but not ours. where the hell is peja gonna lead you?

He doesn't have to lead us anywhere; he's not our best player or our leader.

Artest is on his honeymoon period and in the best situation his ego's ever seen. You might dodge the bullet the size of a planet, or this is just delaying the inevitable.

Hicks
03-17-2006, 05:58 PM
I'd be happy with some good formatting to get things started. That's one giant paragraph that's impossible to read.

Artest is the best!
03-17-2006, 05:58 PM
So, should I put him on ignore, or is he going to get banned before I have to worry about it? :) why would i get banned for this? what did i say that was so bad?

Artest is the best!
03-17-2006, 06:00 PM
why are you guys so upset with me writing something positive?

Artest is the best!
I'd be happy with some good formatting to get things started. That's one giant paragraph that's impossible to read. maybe thats just because you cant read.:laugh:

DisplacedKnick
Just wait - it won't be this year but one day Artest will lead you to a VERY special place - a place theologians have argued the existence of for years.

Then he'll lead you to a place they've been certain of.

Hicks
03-17-2006, 06:01 PM
why are you guys so upset with me writing something positive?

Personally all I'm asking if you format your writing better. When it's all globbed up like that I don't even want to try to read it. You need to break it up into reasonable bites, so to speak.

ChicagoJ

Who cares about Peja?

I've got plenty of confidence in our future frontcourt of Granger, JO, and Harrison.

If Peja ain't a SG, or willing to take a paycut to be our sixth man, he's not going to be around Indy for very long, anyway.

Peja's contract situation gives us tremendous flexibility vs. trying to trade a nutball jackass when his value is at an all-time low. Its all good.

8.9_seconds
:lurk: haha, just what the Doctor ordered....................

Eindar
why would i get banned for this? what did i say that was so bad?

I'm not worried about what you said. It's what you're going to continue to say over the next few weeks, how you're going to be confrontational and argumentative, and contribute nothing to this web site. I hear you've already been banned from one message board, and that one was Kings related. It's a small step from "Artest rules" to "Peja sucks" for you, and I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak.

Yep, in retrospect, I'm putting you on ignore, best for you, me, and the rest of PD. ;)

Hicks
maybe thats just because you cant read.:laugh:

All right, NOW you're acting like a troll.

Lord Helmet
03-17-2006, 06:02 PM
:laugh:

Slick Pinkham
why would i get banned for this? what did i say that was so bad?

I didn't read it because I learned that people who coherently express themselves in writing always use a device known as a paragraph.

I assumed that it was unreadable jibberish.

The title also suggests as much.

Artest is the best!
Who cares about Peja?

I've got plenty of confidence in our future frontcourt of Granger, JO, and Harrison.

If Peja ain't a SG, or willing to take a paycut to be our sixth man, he's not going to be around Indy for very long, anyway.

Peja's contract situation gives us tremendous flexibility vs. trying to trade a nutball jackass when his value is at an all-time low. Its all good. i dont think its all good.:rolleyes: but i see what you mean.

Eindar
maybe thats just because you cant read.:laugh:

Nevermind, looks like my estimate of a couple weeks was waaaay off. Good going belittling a moderator on your first day.

VF21
03-17-2006, 06:03 PM
what do you mean? why didnt you like what i said wasnt it all true?

At the risk of violating board etiquette here, I'll respond...

I don't like what you posted because it's "in your face," "nanner, nanner" drivel. Dude, they went through a LOT with Ron Artest. Respect them enough NOT to come here - on their board - and make juvenile posts about how great Ron is, blah, blah, blah. They KNOW how great Ron can be. That's why it was so volatile for their team the past 16 months or so...

I strongly suspect your fate here is going to parallel your fate on Kingsfans.com

Have a nice day.

Eindar
03-17-2006, 06:03 PM
All right, NOW you're acting like a troll.

I think I might have The Gift, Hicks! Time to go buy some lottery tickets.

Eindar
03-17-2006, 06:04 PM

I don't like what you posted because it's "in your face," "nanner, nanner" drivel. Dude, they went through a LOT with Ron Artest. Respect them enough NOT to come here - on their board - and make juvenile posts about how great Ron is, blah, blah, blah. They KNOW how great Ron can be. That's why it was so volatile for their team the past 16 months or so...

I strongly suspect your fate here is going to parallel your fate on Kingsfans.com

Have a nice day.

I like this guy, can we keep him?

8.9_seconds
03-17-2006, 06:05 PM

Have a nice day.

Very Good Post.

ChicagoJ
03-17-2006, 06:06 PM
i dont think its all good.:rolleyes: but i see what you mean.

Its all good for the Pacers. Mr. Bipolar is gone (and he's temporarily acting like an angel for your team) and replaced by a guy who's a competent NBA starter that also gives us salary cap flexibility.

I do feel sorry for Kings fans, knowing what's coming.

So I see why you're saying you don't think its all good. Because you're right. You've got a ticking timebomb on your hands and you know it. Pacers fans are delighted with trade, simply by addition-by-subtraction.

Lord Helmet
03-17-2006, 06:07 PM

Have a nice day.
Good post.

:cool:

Since86
03-17-2006, 06:08 PM
. when he first got here he was 271 pounds:-o and now hes 248.

BULL*****!

I'll call that one. Ron was quoted many of times saying how he still worked out and was in good shape. He played the next available game he could when the trade went down. He was NOT 23 pounds heavier. He would of looked like the Pillsberry Dough Boy if he was at that weight.

After looking at the rest of your posts in this thread, I'll take the time to tell you goodbye now.

Artest is the best!
03-17-2006, 06:08 PM

Have a nice day. i wasnt trying to **** them off or rub it in there face. im not like that i just wanted to have a discussion like everybody else. i dont hate peja i was just frustrated with him not playing hard. that was no reason to ban me. i said i was sorry and i mean it. im not trying to cause trouble. i love kingsfans.com and i really want to come back. all i want is one more chance. if i pissed off any pacer fans and you thought i was rubbing anything in your faces im sorry.

Artest is the best!
03-17-2006, 06:09 PM
BULL*****!

I'll call that one. Ron was quoted many of times saying how he still worked out and was in good shape. He played the next available game he could when the trade went down. He was NOT 23 pounds heavier. He would of looked like the Pillsberry Dough Boy if he was at that weight.

After looking at the rest of your posts in this thread, I'll take the time to tell you goodbye now. well i was just going by what its said in the sac bee. i never said it was true!

VF21
03-17-2006, 06:10 PM

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/animal/animal0028.gif

piksi
I like this guy, can we keep him?

it is a lady.

And, he got banned for the same thing at Kingsfans if I can remember correctly because there are so many who come and go.

Since86
if i pissed off any pacer fans and you thought i was rubbing anything in your faces im sorry.

You first need to apologize to the creator of this board for telling him he needs to learn how to read.

Since86
03-17-2006, 06:13 PM
well i was just going by what its said in the sac bee. i never said it was true!

You never said it was true, but you quote them on it?

:laugh: RIGHT!!

How about a "supposedly," or "I read." You stated it as fact......

Artest is the best!
03-17-2006, 06:14 PM
im an idiot. fixed. sorry hicks i got carried away:blush:

Artest is the best!
03-17-2006, 06:15 PM
You never said it was true, but you quote them on it?

:laugh: RIGHT!!

How about a "supposedly," or "I read." You stated it as fact...... i guess i cant believe everything i read huh?

Lord Helmet
03-17-2006, 06:18 PM
i wasnt trying to **** them off or rub it in there face. im not like that i just wanted to have a discussion like everybody else. i dont hate peja i was just frustrated with him not playing hard. that was no reason to ban me. i said i was sorry and i mean it. im not trying to cause trouble. i love kingsfans.com and i really want to come back. all i want is one more chance. if i pissed off any pacer fans and you thought i was rubbing anything in your faces im sorry.
You also need to apologize for going WAY overboard in the guess the score thread.

Artest is the best!
03-17-2006, 06:22 PM
sorry about that to.

8.9_seconds
03-17-2006, 06:24 PM
Now apologize for eating my baby!!!!

Artest is the best!
03-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Now apologize for eating my baby!!!! soryy i didnt mean to do that either. it was just so cute:D

piksi
03-17-2006, 06:30 PM
I beleive that post was a refernce to VF21

VF21 is a lady

CableKC
03-17-2006, 06:31 PM
Artest is the best;

Its great that Artest has single handedly changed the Kings from a cr@p team in the bottom of the Pacific division to the 7th seed in the Western Conference.....but what type of response do you think you were going to get from Pacers fans when it comes to Artest?

You probably won't find too many Pacer fans that can disagee that Artest is one of the best players out there that can lock down a player while dropping 20+ points. But as a person, many of us will not be able to forgive him for what he ultimately did to our Organization. The good thing is that we, as Pacer fans, can admire what he can do....while not worrying what he can do to our Organization. We can seperate the "player" from the "person" cuz he isn't our problem any more.

But now that Artest is a King.....you can no longer seperate Artest "the player" from Artest "the person"......cuz that "person" may ( or may not ) mess up your whole team in the blink of an eye. There's a side of Artest that your team doesn't want to know.......just pray that you don't see that side of him until its too late.

8.9_seconds
03-17-2006, 06:34 PM
soryy i didnt mean to do that either. it was just so cute:D

Yeah, that's what Soup always says, :rolleyes:

I've lost more sets of triplets this way, I swear!

grace
03-17-2006, 06:37 PM

So when Artest leads your team into emplosion are you going to come back here so we can all tell you we told you so? As for Peja I'm thinking he can get us to the playoffs which is the only good think Ron ever did around here.

Artest is the best!
Artest is the best;

Its great that Artest has single handedly changed the Kings from a cr@p team in the bottom of the Pacific division to the 7th seed in the Western Conference.....but what type of response do you think you were going to get from Pacers fans when it comes to Artest?

You probably won't find too many Pacer fans that can disagee that Artest is one of the best players out there that can lock down a player while dropping 20+ points. But as a person, many of us will not be able to forgive him for what he ultimately did to our Organization. The good thing is that we, as Pacer fans, can admire what he can do....while not worrying what he can do to our Organization. We can seperate the "player" from the "person" cuz he isn't our problem any more.

But now that Artest is a King.....you can no longer seperate Artest "the player" from Artest "the person"......cuz that "person" may ( or may not ) mess up your whole team in the blink of an eye. There's a side of Artest that your team doesn't want to know.......just pray that you don't see that side of him until its too late. i know and i realize why pacer fans dont like him. i would hate him to.

grace

So when Artest leads your team into emplosion are you going to come back here so we can all tell you we told you so? As for Peja I'm thinking he can get us to the playoffs which is the only good thing Ron ever did around here.

Moses
03-17-2006, 06:40 PM
It's only a matter of time...Enjoy it while you may.

grace
03-17-2006, 06:40 PM
So, should I put him on ignore, or is he going to get banned before I have to worry about it?

I was going to but him on my list but decided to see if he's still around after tonight.

grace
03-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Its all good for the Pacers. Mr. Bipolar is gone (and he's temporarily acting like an angel for your team) and replaced by a guy who's a competent NBA starter that also gives us salary cap flexibility.

No Jay, Mr. Bipolar was Jalen Rose. Artest is Pycho Man.

(Just a little inside joke for Kegboy :) )

Anthem
03-17-2006, 09:10 PM
VF21 = Violet?

Hicks
03-17-2006, 09:36 PM
No.

denyfizle
03-17-2006, 11:58 PM

just thought i should share this, RonRon was having a conversation with a Pacer employee in front of us before we got his autographs and he was saying he partied too much last night and he didn't get much sleep. i didn't mean to pry but i just heard it. it's none of my business, but I don't think that's a good indication of leadership when you party too hard the night before a game.

SoupIsGood
03-22-2006, 01:26 AM
Yeah, that's what Soup always says, :rolleyes:

:D