PDA

View Full Version : Peja and freethrows

FrenchConnection
03-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Did anyone else catch this in the Star today:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060314/SPORTS04/603140425&theme=

"I was about to break the Kings record, which was 40-something; 41, I guess," Stojakovic said. "It was Mike Bibby's record. He knew it and he came to me at the free throw line and said, 'You're going to miss it!' And I missed it. He said he wanted to be in the media book."

I hope that they didn't lose that game by one point;).

DeAthrow
03-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Did anyone else catch this in the Star today:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060314/SPORTS04/603140425&theme=

I hope that they didn't lose that game by one point;).

Bibby is nothing more than a punk.

Kingsfanbmiller
03-16-2006, 03:00 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Mike is awesome. It's no big deal anyways.

DeAthrow
03-16-2006, 03:22 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Mike is awesome. It's no big deal anyways.

Yeah he is a real supportive teammate :rolleyes:

Kingsfanbmiller
03-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Whatever man, this is a pacers website and so I'm not going to talk about Peja like the way you're talking about Mike but your boy Peja isn't perfect-that's for sure. To be honest I don't appreciate having a Peja fan talk like that about someone on my team. I know people who've met Mike before and he's not a punk, he's a pretty nice person.

RWB
03-16-2006, 03:34 PM
:lurk:

Second line................

DeAthrow
03-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Whatever man, this is a pacers website and so I'm not going to talk about Peja like the way you're talking about Mike but your boy Peja isn't perfect-that's for sure. To be honest I don't appreciate having a Peja fan talk like that about someone on my team. I know people who've met Mike before and he's not a punk, he's a pretty nice person.

Never said Peja was perfect. Far from it. If you don't like my opinion of Mike feel free to skip the thread.

Kingsfanbmiller
03-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Never said Peja was perfect. Far from it. If you don't like my opinion of Mike feel free to skip the thread.

So what am I supposed to do? Only post if I like your opinion? Whatever man, why're you such a hater?

DeAthrow
03-16-2006, 03:47 PM
So what am I supposed to do? Only post if I like your opinion? Whatever man, why're you such a hater?

That was my response to the following "To be honest I don't appreciate having a Peja fan talk like that about someone on my team"

Just because you don't appreciate it, it does not mean I cannot express my opinion. Based on this little event and others I do think Mike is a punk. How petty do you have to be to tell your teammate to miss a free throw just so he can hold the record?? Not like it's a big deal but come on.

Kingsfanbmiller
03-16-2006, 04:03 PM
He was probably just joking when he said it. Mike is not a punk and when people say things about my team that are not true of course I am going to say something about it.

DeAthrow
03-16-2006, 04:11 PM
He was probably just joking when he said it. Mike is not a punk and when people say things about my team that are not true of course I am going to say something about it.

I was not saying things about the team. Just Mike. Mike does not represent the whole team.

denyfizle
03-16-2006, 04:50 PM

:unimpress

denyfizle
03-16-2006, 04:52 PM
Mike Bibby is a great point guard! he's as CLUTCH as they come.

DeAthrow
03-16-2006, 05:04 PM
His defense is just amazing. :rolleyes:

I will give him clutch though. Guy has got balls.

VF21
03-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Ah, poor little Pejakins. Missed a free throw because the big, mean Bibby scared him... what a crock.

;)

Sorry, I couldn't resist. It's nice to see some of the old homies over here still at each other's throats.

:D

Hicks
03-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Ah, poor little Pejakins. Missed a free throw because the big, mean Bibby scared him... what a crock.

;)

Sorry, I couldn't resist. It's nice to see some of the old homies over here still at each other's throats.

Tell foretaz I love him, and I would appreciate it if he started returning my calls. :D

VF21
03-16-2006, 10:47 PM
I've been meaning to ask you about that...

;)

piksi
03-16-2006, 11:22 PM
Tell foretaz I love him, and I would appreciate it if he started returning my calls. :D

You don't seam to fight here nearly as much as You do at kingsfans

DeAthrow
03-16-2006, 11:24 PM

;)

LOL :D

Hicks
03-16-2006, 11:30 PM
You don't seam to fight here nearly as much as You do at kingsfans

I was teasing him, and he took it seriously. :whoknows:

piksi
03-16-2006, 11:43 PM
I was teasing him, and he took it seriously. :whoknows:

let me guess - it has something to do with Ron Artest

VF21
03-16-2006, 11:47 PM
piksi!!!

Do you have a hall pass to be out of Kingsfans.com?

piksi
03-16-2006, 11:54 PM
piksi!!!

Do you have a hall pass to be out of Kingsfans.com?

damn - another detention coming up:blush:

VF21
03-16-2006, 11:59 PM
Nah, I'm in a good mood. We'll let it pass this time.

;)

Hicks
03-17-2006, 12:34 AM
let me guess - it has something to do with Ron Artest

:innocent:

Artest is the best!
03-17-2006, 02:30 AM
Bibby is nothing more than a punk. what is your problem? why is he a punk? they are good friends and he was just playing around. are you a kings fan or a pacers fan because it seems like your a little more negative about the kings and their players.

Artest is the best!
03-17-2006, 02:34 AM
Nah, I'm in a good mood. We'll let it pass this time.

;) hey remember me? i was bonzinator from kingsfans.com. you banned me because i was talking bad about peja alot. im really sorry and i would be very very happy if you let me have one more chance with you and the kings fans forum. i was being very immature and i acted like a child. can you please forgive me and bring me back? thanks VF:)

stew
03-17-2006, 05:49 AM
I like Peja's game alot ... but he doesnt seem mentally tough to me...

players like Bird, Jordan, Reggie doesnt miss shots like these... these players doesnt miss freethows because a player distracts you.....

maybe it is just me, but it seems like Peja is a 3 quarter player... he is very good in the first 3 quarters just like Garnett... But when the game is on the line,
he often disapear... and I dont see him asking for the ball...

Artest is the best!
03-17-2006, 02:37 PM
I like Peja's game alot ... but he doesnt seem mentally tough to me...

players like Bird, Jordan, Reggie doesnt miss shots like these... these players doesnt miss freethows because a player distracts you.....

maybe it is just me, but it seems like Peja is a 3 quarter player... he is very good in the first 3 quarters just like Garnett... But when the game is on the line,
he often disapear... and I dont see him asking for the ball... thank you it seems like other pacer fans wont admit that. peja is soft and not clutch at all and you will never see him play great in the fourth quarter. hes a good player but hes just not mentally tough.

Hicks
03-17-2006, 02:55 PM
I don't expect him to be Reggie Miller. It's funny how because he's not one of 4 of the most clutch players of all time (Reggie, West, Jordan, Bird) he's suddenly this big soft choker.

Don't get me wrong, he'll never be confused for Danny Granger in terms of physicality, but he's not this giant ***** some make him out to be. He's just average, and that's fine. Same with his "clutchness". He shoots when he's told to shoot. If you want to call him out for not "demanding" the ball, OK I guess, but who said he had to be the leader? He doesn't. And on this team, he shouldn't be. JO is the one who WANTS to take the last shot, or be the center of the play. And I'm completely fine with that. I like the idea of giving it to JO, and getting Peja in a position where Peja either creates space for him, or is open for a shot if his man leaves him.

The NO game and the DEN game showed me he's fine in the clutch, he either makes it or he doesn't.

ChicagoJ
03-17-2006, 05:09 PM
hey remember me? i was bonzinator from kingsfans.com. you banned me because i was talking bad about peja alot. im really sorry and i would be very very happy if you let me have one more chance with you and the kings fans forum. i was being very immature and i acted like a child. can you please forgive me and bring me back? thanks VF:)

I guess every team probably has at least one of these.

:-p