PDA

View Full Version : Poll on Granger

SwissExpress
03-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Lets measure our Granger expectations.

In the poll, I've listed all 9 rookies that are currently listed in NBA.com rookie rankings besides Granger, as well as other 9 listed as "honorable mentions". I also took a liberty including Sean May, who was in the top 10 for most of the season before getting injured.

Pick those of them whom you expect to achieve more than Granger (in terms of quality of play).

Please note that the poll does not include Gerald Green, Martel Webster, Martynas Andriuskevicius, Yaroslav Korolev and some other players drafted mainly due to potential; I saw no purpose in including them as only a few of us have seen them play, particularly on the NBA level. The same can be said of those picks who have not been signed by their teams yet, e.g. Fran Vasquez (no.11) or Lorbek (no.46).

SwissExpress
03-14-2006, 09:38 AM
I chose Bogut, Paul, Villaneuva and Marvin Williams.

I'm not sure about Ray Felton and Frye as they are too inconsistent so far. But they might be stars too.

Chauncey
03-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Paul, Villanueva, Frye, Bogut, Williams...and Andrew Bynum.

Hicks
03-14-2006, 10:31 AM
He'll never get the recognition of some of the others because he's not flashy, but I think he'll be an all-star more than once.

Trader Joe
03-14-2006, 11:00 AM
Paul is the only one that will for sure be better than DG. You put Danny on a team like the Raps or Knicks and Id be willing to bet he will put up the same or similar numbers to Frye or Villanueva.

Gyron
03-14-2006, 11:07 AM
Excellent, Public Poll!

rexnom
03-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Is there anyone on there you guys would seriously rather have than Danny other than CP3 and possibly Bogut?

SwissExpress
03-14-2006, 12:03 PM
Is there anyone on there you guys would seriously rather have than Danny other than CP3 and possibly Bogut?

I'd trade him for Villaneuva and especially Bogut without much thinking. As regards Marvin Williams - I'd prefer to wait one more season, but would probably risk too.

I'd need to follow Frye for a bit longer before answering. As well as Felton and maybe Deron Williams; but they are pointguards, thus I'd probably pass on them in the context of this Pacers team.

Fireball Kid
03-14-2006, 12:33 PM
CP3

Gamble
03-14-2006, 12:34 PM
Paul is the only one that i think will be better than Danny.
Bogut, Villaneuava and Felton will be at Danny's level or worse.

Overall we are still screwed if we sign Peja to a long term deal.

Shade
03-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Man, that's a toughie, and it also shows us all that Danny should have easily been a Top 10 pick.

I'd definitely say Paul and Bogut, maybe Villanueva as well. There are several others that might end up in the same range. I'm not at all impressed with what I've seen of Frye, though. That kid needs to put on some weight and learn how to finish.

Major Cold
03-16-2006, 02:24 PM
i thought it was asking who will danger be better....I did not do well on ISTEP either

Will Galen
03-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Excellent, Public Poll!

Yep, shows theres a couple posters that lack the wherewithal to surmise what's on the inside of a donut hole.

EDIT; Or they read the question wrong. (grin)

As for Danny I didn't vote because there will be players better than him but none better at clutch time. He plays better when the game is on the line, so I would rather have him than anyone else.

SoupIsGood
03-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Paul

Eindar
03-16-2006, 06:39 PM
The only one who's clearly better than Granger is Chris Paul. Others are on the same level, but only one who's obviously a better player.

Tim
03-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Right now I am more than willing to start Danny, and if Peja leaves in the summer I wouldn't shed a tear because I know it means Danny would start.

Without being included in the offense, without having a couple of summers to turn his rookie body into a vets body, and most importantly, without having him being stuck on a team that is on a youth movement, I would start Danny and consider him a primary player on almost any team.

As far as the other players on Will's list the only player I would consider right now is Andrew because he is a true center.

Danny is our best defender, challenges Jeff as our best rebounder (I say this because he sometimes gets really tough rebounds that even Jeff might not get, although Jeff will have better numbers), is a sneaky shot blocker, and for me he is an excellent replacement for the player we do not discuss

Will Galen
03-16-2006, 07:55 PM
Right now I am more than willing to start Danny, and if Peja leaves in the summer I wouldn't shed a tear because I know it means Danny would start.

Without being included in the offense, without having a couple of summers to turn his rookie body into a vets body, and most importantly, without having him being stuck on a team that is on a youth movement, I would start Danny and consider him a primary player on almost any team.

As far as the other players on Will's list the only player I would consider right now is Andrew because he is a true center.

Danny is our best defender, challenges Jeff as our best rebounder (I say this because he sometimes gets really tough rebounds that even Jeff might not get, although Jeff will have better numbers), is a sneaky shot blocker, and for me he is an excellent replacement for Ron Artest.

Fixed!