PDA

View Full Version : k

Shade
03-13-2006, 11:52 PM
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/basketball/nba/charlotte_bobcats/14085516.htm

Timberwolves' flippant feel draws Garnett's ire

<!-- begin body-content --> Notebook Timberwolves' flippant feel draws Garnett's ire
PHOENIX - Kevin Garnett tore into teammates who were joking around in the locker room Saturday after a 110-102 loss to the Suns.
"I don't like to speak from a frustrated mind," Garnett said later in an even tone after most of his teammates had cleared. "There's no way we're playing one of the best teams in the (expletive) league and you're not hyped, you're not up. But the atmosphere in here is like we won. This (expletive) hurts."
Garnett said his goal remains to make the playoffs, despite Minnesota's 3-18 record in its past 21 road games.
"I try to keep things in house, but there's a certain tone in here, man, and we're going to keep that," he said. "If you can't (abide) by the tone, you won't be here, you won't play. I don't sign anyone's checks and (expletive) like that, but you've got to be prepared and ready to play, man."
Minnesota led by 12 in the first half against Phoenix but was outscored 62-48 in the second. -- St. Paul (MINN.) Pioneer Press

• After missing a game Thursday against San Antonio because of a sprained ankle, Suns guard Steve Nash tied a season high with 31 points Sunday.

Around the league
• 76ers guard Allen Iverson was carried off the court just before halftime with a sprained right ankle. X-rays found no broken bones, but he will have an MRI today.
• Cavaliers forward Donyell Marshall (finger sprain) and guard Eric Snow (elbow) played after having MRIs in Miami on Saturday. Test results were negative.
• Celtics forward Paul Pierce, 28, averages career highs in scoring (27.2) and field goal percentage (48.0). -- observer news services

Btw, is it just me, or does that final piece about Pierce seem kinda random?

SoupIsGood
03-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Nooo, I was hoping Anthem wouldn't see this. :laugh: :-p

8.9_seconds
03-14-2006, 12:01 AM
I don't blame KG at all, I've had similar situations as a player. I actually think that besides his obvious discontent with his situation, it really shows leadership.<-------In an odd way.

Anthem
03-14-2006, 12:04 AM
Nooo, I was hoping Anthem wouldn't see this. :laugh: :-p
I was honestly going to say "Trade him! Oops, sorry SiG." :D

Honestly, though, does anybody think the Wolves could get more than JO? I don't.

Hicks
03-14-2006, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't call that "ripping" his teammates. Ripping implies something with more ire than that IMO.

Anthem
03-14-2006, 12:11 AM
I wouldn't call that "ripping" his teammates. Ripping implies something with more ire than that IMO.
Agreed. He doesn't name names, he doesn't say anything that can be disagreed with.

SamBear
03-14-2006, 12:11 AM
Maybe if he would quit punching out his team mates he would get more out of them... :mad:

:-p

Shade
03-14-2006, 12:17 AM
Fine, I changed the title. :tongue:

Anthem
03-14-2006, 12:19 AM
Man, KG sure would look good between Granger and Harrison... :devil:

:laugh: Ok, sorry Soup. I'm done and going to bed. Night all.

D-BONE
03-14-2006, 12:26 AM
Man, KG sure would look good between Granger and Harrison... :devil:

:laugh: Ok, sorry Soup. I'm done and going to bed. Night all.

Until tomorrow's barrage of KG trade posts I suspect. That's quite alright by me. It's starting to sound more and more tantalizing to me as the season roles along.

Anthem
03-14-2006, 12:35 AM
Until tomorrow's barrage of KG trade posts I suspect. That's quite alright by me. It's starting to sound more and more tantalizing to me as the season roles along.
Hey man, I'm just keeping the dream alive. :D

Gone for real this time.

BigDawg44
03-14-2006, 02:44 AM
picture this
PG-Tinsley
SG-Peja
SF-Granger
PF-Garnett
C-Harrison

now assuming we trade JO and sjax....that would be a heck of a line up...hell that would be a heck of a line up with JO in it. and i know people dont like playing the 2...but what is the difference between a 2 and a 3 when our 3 can guard a lot of 2s in the league

D-BONE
03-14-2006, 08:34 AM
picture this
PG-Tinsley
SG-Peja
SF-Granger
PF-Garnett
C-Harrison

now assuming we trade JO and sjax....that would be a heck of a line up...hell that would be a heck of a line up with JO in it. and i know people dont like playing the 2...but what is the difference between a 2 and a 3 when our 3 can guard a lot of 2s in the league

Peja and/or Granger guarding the opposing 2? Hmmm....:confused:

owl
03-14-2006, 09:28 AM
Peja and Granger need to be on the floor together as they are two very talented players and I do not want Granger to be limited by Peja and his minutes. Power forward is not a position I think that Granger would be suited for. Peja needs to be signed up for the next 4-5 years. End random thoughts....

owl

FrenchConnection
03-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Peja and Granger need to be on the floor together as they are two very talented players and I do not want Granger to be limited by Peja and his minutes. Power forward is not a position I think that Granger would be suited for. Peja needs to be signed up for the next 4-5 years. End random thoughts....

owl

I'm at the game last night, and for the first time I didn't care if we resign Peja. I am not sure that he can play the 2, and I am now completly sold on Danny. I was a big "give him what ever he wants" guy in relation to Peja, but Danny has such a high ceiling that I would not want to limit his progress one bit. We should resign Fred and start him at the 2, trade JO and Jack for KG and keep Tins and trade Saras for a back-up 2, and we will be all set for years. Maybe our pick and Saras for a good 2 and play Freddie off of the bench. But I think that Danny is our small SF for a long time!

Shade
03-14-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm at the game last night, and for the first time I didn't care if we resign Peja. I am not sure that he can play the 2, and I am now completly sold on Danny. I was a big "give him what ever he wants" guy in relation to Peja, but Danny has such a high ceiling that I would not want to limit his progress one bit. We should resign Fred and start him at the 2, trade JO and Jack for KG and keep Tins and trade Saras for a back-up 2, and we will be all set for years. Maybe our pick and Saras for a good 2 and play Freddie off of the bench. But I think that Danny is our small SF for a long time!

I disagree. I want to keep Peja, and I think Danny would do well playing both the 3 and 4.

Freddie is NOT a starting-caliber SG. I like the guy and want to re-sign him, but I've held firm about that since Day 1. He's an almost perfect bench player, though. We do need a new STARTING SG. I'm comfortable with Freddie coming off the bench at the 2, but I'm not comfortable at all with Jack starting at the 2.

Tins, IF he can be healthy, is undoubtedly too valuable to use as a throw-in. He's leagues better running this team than AJ and Runi combined.

As much as I like JO, if we can get KG for him and Jack, and then acquire a new starting 2 somewhere (draft?), DO IT.

Breaking down our positions after the season:

C - Hulk, Foster - I like Jeff more as a 4, same with JO. We could use another body here. I like Scot, but he's just too injury-prone to re-sign.

PF - JO, Cro - This is pretty solid. We'll probably be looking to move Cro's conract, though, so maybe we can get a good 5 or 4 for him. Danny can also play some here.

SF - Peja, Danger - Our best position, bar none. Jack would even be better suited here than at SG. Re-sign Peja, play Danny some at the 4 as well, and bring in a...

SG - Jack, Freddie - By far out weakest position, IMO. Jack is much better as a three, but the two guys ahead of him there are both better. Freddie is perfect off the bench, assuming we re-sign him. Runi could even play some here in a pinch.

PG - Tins, AJ, Runi - Almost as solid as the 3, assuming AJ keeps his head on straight and Runi starts shooting well again. This is our most versatile position. See 'ya, Eddie.

So, I feel we should re-sign Peja and Freddie and pursue another decent starting center, back-up PF, and starting SG, using Jack and Cro's contract as our primary trade bait, and then hitting the FA market and draft. I'd also be okay with moving AJ, but Tins' history of injuries has me a little worried there.

Gamble
03-14-2006, 12:43 PM

owl

I think there is some strategy in signing Peja for a 4 year deal and
allowing Danny to come off the bench and not fully display his
potential as a premier sf. Then as Peja is on the way out Danny
will be a shoe in for a decent price. OR not.