PDA

View Full Version : J.J. Redick

Shade
03-13-2006, 12:42 PM
As much as I loathe the Dookies, this kid can flat-out play. He's smart and clutch, and moves off screens in a Reggie-esque fashion. He has nearly unlimited range as well, and a quick release. My only concern is his defense, especially at 6'4". I'd still love to see the Pacers make a run at getting him though, even moreso than Morrison.

SwissExpress
03-13-2006, 12:47 PM
They would need to lose pretty much to make a run at him... :)
Especially if Duke makes the final 4.

SoupIsGood
03-13-2006, 01:10 PM
We need a Peja kinda player at the 2 eentuallly, so that Danny can start the three.

Offer our pick and Peja for Reddick? :eyebrow:

Anthem
03-13-2006, 02:50 PM
We need a Peja kinda player at the 2 eentuallly, so that Danny can start the three.

Offer our pick and Peja for Reddick? :eyebrow:
We can't trade Peja. He's a free agent.

Kstat
03-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Reddick will go top-6. It's a weak draft to begin with, so teams will just go with the proven commodities.

Shade
03-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Reddick will go top-6. It's a weak draft to begin with, so teams will just go with the proven commodities.

Maybe we can trade Jack for him then. ;)

Kstat
03-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Maybe we can trade Jack for him then. ;)

Careful with that line, that's shout box material.

Gyron
03-13-2006, 03:16 PM
I do believe we still have yet to see the shoe eating fest Kstat promised the viewers of PD.

Kstat
03-13-2006, 03:24 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7985

it's not like (Curry)'s going to get off the bench more than a couple minutes right now....

clownskull
03-13-2006, 03:44 PM
As much as I loathe the Dookies, this kid can flat-out play. He's smart and clutch, and moves off screens in a Reggie-esque fashion. He has nearly unlimited range as well, and a quick release. My only concern is his defense, especially at 6'4". I'd still love to see the Pacers make a run at getting him though, even moreso than Morrison.

agreed.

Moses
03-13-2006, 03:50 PM
He's a great shooter but it stops there. He doesn't rebound or pass enough and he certainly can't play defense.

But that brings in the question. Is he better then Stephen Jackson? Sadly enough, Yes. Who woulda thought it, a shooting guard who can shoot! :laugh:

Kstat
03-13-2006, 03:50 PM
He's a great shooter but it stops there. He doesn't rebound or pass enough and he certainly can't play defense.

......all things said about Reggie on draft day.

FrenchConnection
03-13-2006, 04:01 PM

T.O. BABY!! Why is that every Duke player is refered to being able to "flat-out play?" Oh yeah, the influence of Dookie V! Can players at other schools "flat-out" play or are they just good players. I hate Duke and I am of the opinion that Redick will be a a Steve Kerr type in the league, not another Reggie. He can "flat-out shoot the rock," but he will not be a "PTPer" on the next level, baby!

Since86
03-13-2006, 04:05 PM

But that brings in the question. Is he better then Stephen Jackson? Sadly enough, Yes. Who woulda thought it, a shooting guard who can shoot! :laugh:

He's not going to lock anyone down in the near future, but to say he doesn't play defense is just wrong......

He doesn't body anyone up, but he stays in front of his man, and plays excellent helpside. He stays a step off, but always close enough to get a hand in the face, which only what you can ask out of him.

His defense isn't going to make you win, but it sure as hell aint going to make you lose either.

He was iffy imho before this year on how good he'd be in the league, but his transformation into somewhat of a driving threat has made him a little better prospect. One thing's for sure though, he could make quite a Kerr-like career out of standing on the line and shooting. He's got on hell of a shot...

Fireball Kid
03-13-2006, 04:09 PM

Hes a definite upgrade over Wacko Jacko, I can tell you that!

Moses
03-13-2006, 04:15 PM
I think some of you saying that he actually played defense aren't thinking about this in terms of NBA level of talent at SG. I would love to see Redick who is 6'4 and not nearly as athletic as many of the SGs in the NBA hold a guy like Magette or Carter under 30+ points. At least Reggie was 6'7 and could match up somewhat with opposing SGs in terms of height. I just think Redicks biggest knock is his inability to rebound and his defense.

No telling how well he will be until we see him play though. I think he is capable of becoming the best pure shooter in the NBA but he's also going to need to work in the other departments of his game if he wants to become a complete player.

SwissExpress
03-13-2006, 05:28 PM
I hate Duke and I am of the opinion that Redick will be a a Steve Kerr type in the league, not another Reggie. He can "flat-out shoot the rock," but he will not be a "PTPer" on the next level, baby!

"Steve Kerr type" is a huge compliment, in my opinion. Maybe not good enough for a top 3 pick, but nobody foresees him as a top 3 pick anyway...

If Pacers could get him, it would be great. But I just don't think Pacers could... There are too many teams infront of them that would be happy to get him. E.g., he would be a perfect fit for the Magic, who are in terrible need of a decent SG with strong leadership skills, and who will probably have 5-8th pick this summer. Toronto would consider him too, as well as Charlotte, if they were unsuccessfull enough in the lottery.

SoupIsGood
03-13-2006, 05:29 PM
We can't trade Peja. He's a free agent.

Brad got traded....

Since86
03-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Brad got traded....

He wasn't a FA when they traded him, he signed a new contract before the deal was placed.

SwissExpress
03-13-2006, 05:39 PM
Trading Peja and a pick for Redick wouldn't be a good deal, I think... Unless Peja does not want to resign anyway, or requires too much.

Of course, it all depends on the throw-in by the other team, as the current deal wouldn't work anyway.

SwissExpress
03-13-2006, 05:40 PM
By the way, can sign-and-trade deals be made before the draft? I don't remember that.

Anthem
03-13-2006, 10:59 PM
By the way, can sign-and-trade deals be made before the draft? I don't remember that.
Nope. Peja's technically not a free agent until July.

Shade
03-13-2006, 11:18 PM
T.O. BABY!! Why is that every Duke player is refered to being able to "flat-out play?" Oh yeah, the influence of Dookie V! Can players at other schools "flat-out" play or are they just good players. I hate Duke and I am of the opinion that Redick will be a a Steve Kerr type in the league, not another Reggie. He can "flat-out shoot the rock," but he will not be a "PTPer" on the next level, baby!

I've hated Duke since '92, and Vitale for nearly as long. But Redick is a nice player. Like Kstat said, the things being said about Redick are very similar to those said about Reggie.

I would trade Jack in a heartbeat for Redick. I'd even consider throwing in our pick to get it done.

Kstat
03-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Reddick copies Reggie's shooting form better than anybody I've ever seen.

Wish I could see them side by side.

Shade
03-13-2006, 11:21 PM
......all things said about Reggie on draft day.

Was it Hinrich or somebody else that "couldn't guard the chair I'm sitting in?"

Kstat
03-13-2006, 11:22 PM
Was it Hinrich or somebody else that "couldn't guard the chair I'm sitting in?"

It was Luke Ridnour. And he was right.

Shade
Reddick copies Reggie's shooting form better than anybody I've ever seen.

Wish I could see them side by side.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed that.

SoupIsGood
Let's hope he falls to us. :)

We've had David and Danny fall to us in the last two drafts. I hope our luck continues.

Shade
It was Luke Ridnour. And he was right.

Ahhh...

Couldn't remember who it was, but it still makes me laugh thinking about it. :chuckle:

Diesel_81
03-14-2006, 01:25 AM

I just don't get those type of comments when people compare him to Kerr.I think he plays alot more like Reggie in that he can dominate a game just with his jumpshot. Not many players either in college and especially in the NBA can do that. From a shooting perspective there really isn't much he can't do.He's the best shooter I've seen in college basketball in a long time now we''l see how much that translates over to the NBA but I guarantee he'll be a better player then Kerr.