PDA

View Full Version : So...

Shade
03-13-2006, 11:23 AM
I didn't get to watch the game last night since I was at work, but I came back to hear that AJ missed yet another game-winning shot. So, I guess my question has to be multi-tiered:

1) Why is AJ taking that shot when he's already shown time and again that he can't hit it?

2) Why is AJ taking that shot when we have Runi and Peja, both picked up primarily for their shooting ability?

3) Why is AJ even on the floor in that situation over Tinsley?

Looking at the box score, it was hard to see how we lost. I don't know how Jack looked, but from the box score he seemed to have a decent night. Jeff had 19/16. :eek: But I see that Scot didn't play due to a sore back, so it appears that Peck's fears have been validated once again. Why is TPTB not looking at getting us another big man on a 10-day contract?

I'm as sick as anyone of these losses to craptacular teams, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel on this group until Tins moves back into the starting spot and we have a healthy JO back. We just need to keep treading water until then. I'd be fine with the #6 seed anyway.

Slick Pinkham
03-13-2006, 11:28 AM
In late game situations AJ has become an absolute black hole on offense. As soon as he catches the ball with his back to the basket he gets this Moses Malone body language going and you know the ball is going up.

I appreciate all he has done as a PG this year, but his extra-willingness to take the tough shot down the stretch isn't really as asset when you can't make that tough shot.

penn13
03-13-2006, 11:38 AM
AJ has been the go to guy lately, because, the team's other black hole, Fred Jones, is injured.

Shade
03-13-2006, 11:44 AM
AJ has been the go to guy lately, because, the team's other black hole, Fred Jones, is injured.

You mean Stephen Jackson? ;) At least Fred actually makes a shot once in a while.

And you mean to tell me we can't get a play down for either Peja or Runi?

bulletproof
03-13-2006, 11:46 AM
I didn't get to watch the game last night since I was at work, but I came back to hear that AJ missed yet another game-winning shot.

Not just another shot, but the same shot he blew a couple of games ago - the turn-around jumper. "Hey, I know, that worked so well against Houston, let's try it on Toronto." That alone should warrant Rick getting his *** chewed out by Bird.

Knucklehead Warrior
03-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Looking at the box score, it was hard to see how we lost.

19 turnovers
23 3-pters (making 5)
10 pts from the free throw line

Shade
03-13-2006, 11:52 AM
19 turnovers
23 3-pters (making 5)

Yeah, but that's almost typical for us. :shrug:

We even outrebounded them with our small lineup.

beast23
03-13-2006, 11:54 AM
19 turnovers
23 3-pters (making 5)
Excellent (and obvious) points.

This game was NOT lost on the last shot folks.

ChicagoJ
03-13-2006, 12:36 PM
Live by the three... die by the three.

That's why we're basically a 0.500 team right now.

beast23
03-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Live by the three... die by the three.

That's why we're basically a 0.500 team right now.
True. And yesterday, playing with essentially 8 players, I don't think anyone either had the energy, or at least was not willing to expend the energy, to drive the ball in an attempt to get to the line.

Gamble
03-13-2006, 12:58 PM
You mean Stephen Jackson? ;) At least Fred actually makes a shot once in a while.

And you mean to tell me we can't get a play down for either Peja or Runi?

Jackson's decisions always seem to be worse in the last 2 minutes
of the game. I would much rather have Tinsley "passing" to
Peja or Saras for the last shot than AJ trying to create his own shot or
throwing a late pass off a screen.

grace
03-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Why? I know why. To paraphrase Mr. Boyle (http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19906) if Rick didn't use AJ so much what in the world would you people have to bit...excuse me, debate about.