PDA

View Full Version : Another question for Mark Boyle

Jose Slaughter
03-13-2006, 01:28 AM
Mr. Boyle

I hope you're able to give us your thougths on this but if you're not, I completely understand.

What would you say is the "mood" of this team?

Are they happy with each other?, with the style of play?, the coach?

Are there any signs they're coming together like some Pacer teams have done in the past or is there still some weeds in the garden?

Thanks

mboyle1313
03-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Jose,

Fair question. But if I were to respond, that would eliminate the need to debate and speculate, and I wouldn't want to deprive those on the board the opportunity to engage in a practice that everyone seems to so thoroughly enjoy.

Besides, what's life without a little mystery and intrigue?

MJB

Shade
03-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Jose,

Fair question. But if I were to respond, that would eliminate the need to debate and speculate, and I wouldn't want to deprive those on the board the opportunity to engage in a practice that everyone seems to so thoroughly enjoy.

MJB

That is the most evil response in PD history. EVER. :darkness:

Props. :devil:

Gyron
03-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Classic Post by Mr. Boyle. Thanks for keeping it interesting around here!

Hicks
03-13-2006, 01:02 PM
*Waves stick angrily at Mark* :mad:

;)

bulletproof
03-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Jose,

MJB

So what you're saying then is that you don't know.

Raskolnikov
03-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Jose,

MJB
I don't have that need/urge to debate and speculate.

And I don't really enjoy that practice you're talking about that much.

Besides, mystery and intrigue are so overrated.

Therefore you can PM me your response.

:D ;)

MagicRat
03-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Mark,

My only request is that if you notice the Pacers giving away leads in the 4th quarter by walking it up after building the lead by running, please politely ask Rick to sit down and be quiet.

Thanks.

ChicagoJ
03-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Mark,

My only request is that if you notice the Pacers giving away leads in the 4th quarter by walking it up after building the lead by running, please politely ask Rick to sit down and be quiet.

Thanks.

Ditto.

Jose Slaughter
03-13-2006, 01:45 PM
How about this........

Just before the 2nd half, when the officals are at the scorers table. Lean over to Slick & say in your loudest Reb Porter type voice....

I can't believe Carlise called, "insert officals name here" a slimy ****head!

Repeat this as often as you can until one of them hears you. Stand up & cup your hands over your mouth if you must.

It'll be difficult for Carlise to call plays from the locker room, I hope anyway.

Roy Munson
03-13-2006, 01:55 PM
If the mood was great and everyone was happy and getting along I'm pretty sure he'd say so. I take his coy response to mean that it ISN'T great and everyone is NOT happy.

Peck
03-13-2006, 02:18 PM
So what you're saying then is that you don't know.

touche' :laugh:

Kegboy
03-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Mark,

Thanks.

Hey, you had your chance to run over and slap him at the Knicks game. Sure, you would have had to climb over Chad Forcier, but how hard could that be?

grace
03-13-2006, 02:23 PM
It'll be difficult for Carlise to call plays from the locker room, I hope anyway.

That is true, but it is impossible for Mike Brown to call plays from Cleveland.

Kaufman
03-13-2006, 02:59 PM
If the mood was great and everyone was happy and getting along I'm pretty sure he'd say so. I take his coy response to mean that it ISN'T great and everyone is NOT happy.

I tend to favor this theory.

DeS
03-13-2006, 03:17 PM
There is no need to refer to Boyle words. It's obvious, that the "mood" isn't great and that not many are happy this moment. And, btw, I think this is related to the return of Tinsley (alhtough I like him better than AJ). Different linups, different rotations and so on...

clownskull
03-13-2006, 04:00 PM
i don't know, it seems like a kind of question that would not get a serious response. i mean really, it is just like if you went to a resturaunt and asked the owner how they made their special sauce for some dish. do you really expect them to tell you?

Jose Slaughter
03-13-2006, 04:08 PM
I took Mr. Boyle's responce to mean that it would be better if he remained out of this debate.

mboyle1313
03-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Jose,

If I EVER see my name in the same sentence with Reb Porter's in future communiques, you will see Jimmy Hoffa posting here before you see me again.

Cordially,
MJB

Roy Munson
03-13-2006, 04:20 PM
I took Mr. Boyle's responce to mean that it would be better if he remained out of this debate.

I didn't take the question to be one that would invite debate. Just a little insight.

Mourning
03-13-2006, 04:48 PM
I think there is a LOT of uncertainty hanging over the team corresponding with the approaching summer. I'm not saying the team is going to be changed wholescale, but I could understand several athletes beying worried about it which might result in a little more competing against the direct "opponents" playing close to the same role on the same team, combined with obviously missing JO which makes us much less potent inside, which means losses, because other teams aren't going to be standing still and will be reacting to the way we play with countermoves (in other words they have figured us out).

Offcourse, repeatedly losing large leads in the 3rd and 4th quarter is bound to be not-so-well for team morale and team chemistry.

Either way, I think I will have to aggree on Roy Munson's take on this, when he wrote: "If the mood was great and everyone was happy and getting along I'm pretty sure he'd say so. I take his coy response to mean that it ISN'T great and everyone is NOT happy".

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Bball
03-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Now we can speculate on why Mr Boyle side-stepped the answer. ....Or should we speculate on why he invoked Jimmy Hoffa's name? What does he know? He (MJB) did work on the East Coast IIRC.

Is there a connection between Jimmy Hoffa, Reb Porter and the Pacers? Have we been given a hint?

:-p

-Bball

SoupIsGood
03-13-2006, 05:54 PM
I think mboyle1313 was just feeling a bit evil. :evillaugh

That was just an amazing answer.

Shade
03-14-2006, 12:13 AM
Jose,

If I EVER see my name in the same sentence with Reb Porter's in future communiques, you will see Jimmy Hoffa posting here before you see me again.

Cordially,
MJB

Who is Jimmy Hoffa? Can he play center? Is he available on a 10-day contract? :confused:

No, I'm not really that stupid. Thanks for having faith in me, though. :tongue: ;)

8.9_seconds
03-14-2006, 12:50 AM
Who is Jimmy Hoffa? Can he play center? Is he available on a 10-day contract? :confused:

No, He's a PG, and we've already signed him to a contract.

Shade
03-14-2006, 01:13 AM
No, He's a PG, and we've already signed him to a contract.

:laugh:

I thought his name was Jimmy Hunter. :shrug: ;)

Anthem
03-14-2006, 01:33 AM
:laugh:

I thought his name was Jimmy Hunter. :shrug: ;)
Oh, Snap!

grace
03-14-2006, 02:22 AM
Hey, you had your chance to run over and slap him at the Knicks game. Sure, you would have had to climb over Chad Forcier, but how hard could that be?

:tsk: Obviously it's been so long since you've been to a game you forgot all about the Fan Code of Conduct or whatever they're calling it. I highly suggest to read it before you go to the game. I'm certainly not bailing your butt out of jail.

RWB
03-14-2006, 08:36 AM
:tsk: Obviously it's been so long since you've been to a game you forgot all about the Fan Code of Conduct or whatever they're calling it. I highly suggest to read it before you go to the game. I'm certainly not bailing your butt out of jail.

Why? If I remember correctly this does not apply in Detroit.