PDA

View Full Version : Was Darko Milicic the real reason Detroit

hoopsforlife
03-12-2006, 08:35 AM
was so good early on? It seems since they traded him to Orlando they have been losing more often.

Detroit's record since the trade is 7-3
Orlando's record is 3-7

Is it possible Darco took those three games away from Detroit and gave them to the Magic? nah

:lol: :)

Hey, it seems boring here lately..... ;)

SwissExpress
03-12-2006, 08:45 AM
I've seen such questions lately in several other places, too:) They even have a name for it - "the Darko curse".

Maybe now that Detroit starters don't have any more 2nd pics to give their garbadge time to they've lost their self-praise a bit? And confidence thereby? It may have been helping them to know - and get reminded on a daily basis - that you are wayyyyy better than someone picked over Wade and Bosh... :)

aceace
03-12-2006, 08:48 AM
Darko had 10 pts in the 2nd qt the other night. You are right on....

hoopsforlife
03-12-2006, 08:50 AM
I've seen such questions lately in several other places, too:) They even have a name for it - "the Darko curse".

Maybe now that Detroit starters don't have any more 2nd pics to give their garbadge time to they've lost their self-praise a bit? And confidence thereby? It may have been helping them to know - and get reminded on a daily basis - that you are wayyyyy better than someone picked over Wade and Bosh... :)

"The Darko curse" :eek: :lol:

I need to get out more. :laugh:

SwissExpress
03-12-2006, 08:55 AM
And Darko has been really good in Orlando lately. They are deep now, that's for sure.

Their main problem now is that they don't have good enough starters:
- no good SG (though their 3rd PG Arroyo is filling that need a bit lately),
- unspectacular center position (Battie would be a bench player in most .500 teams),
- underdeveloped and inconsistent PFs and SFs (Howard seems to have some mental problems lately, is fouling out a lot and does not rebound that well as a month ago. Turkoglu is very inconsistent, though can play like Brand in some evenings. Milicic still needs time.)
- PG rotation is a mess. They have Pacers-like problems with equally good 3 PGs, none of whom is a complete player.

Brian
03-12-2006, 11:56 AM
He actually doesnt look too bad...I picked him up in one of my fantasy leagues.He has been giving me 10pts 5boards and about 3blks a game.