PDA

View Full Version : I'll take it!

Tim
03-10-2006, 10:48 PM
I'll take that win! hehehe!

Ragnar
03-10-2006, 10:52 PM
Yeah but it was a close one. Clearly there should have been someone else in the game for the last two minutes at the point.

SoupIsGood
03-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Clearly there should have been someone else in the game for the last two minutes at the point.

I pick Billups

Ragnar
03-10-2006, 10:59 PM
I pick Billups

Well if we are going that rout I pick Jason Kidd.

Jermaniac
03-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Yeah but it was a close one. Clearly there should have been someone else in the game for the last two minutes at the point.Yeah I forgot his name Finsley, Kinsley, I dont know I forgot. Romel Kinsley I think it was.

Romel Kinsley is a guy the Pacers need to put in the starting lineup as soon as possible.

Evan_The_Dude
03-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Steve Nash checking in

pacerwaala
03-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Yeah but it was a close one. Clearly there should have been someone else in the game for the last two minutes at the point.

Eddie gill would not have picked up that T. I get your point.

all kidding aside, Ragnar - Couple of games and you will get your wish.

Rick is probabaly sending a message to JO that he might have to come of the bench when he comes back from injury.

Jermaniac
03-10-2006, 11:31 PM
JO will come off the bench and shoot 24 times, Rick is going to go back to JO in the post 4 people watch offense as soon as JO comes back.

N8R
03-11-2006, 01:42 AM
I just think the win was a win and winning allowed them not to lose which was good for the winning.

D-BONE
03-11-2006, 09:30 AM
So you are saying that if JT is running the point at the end of the game we win more easily or something?

Jermaniac
03-11-2006, 10:55 AM
So you are saying that if JT is running the point at the end of the game we win more easily or something?Yep pretty much.

Ragnar
03-11-2006, 01:26 PM
We won because and only because one of their best clutch shooters missed a wide open shot. Tinsley in the end of the game and we dont get down to that. Beyond that I think we would have won in Houston.

Remember the guy who missed that shot has hit a number of game winners a couple at the end of the clock this year alone.

FrenchConnection
03-11-2006, 01:57 PM
We won because and only because one of their best clutch shooters missed a wide open shot. Tinsley in the end of the game and we dont get down to that. Beyond that I think we would have won in Houston.

Remember the guy who missed that shot has hit a number of game winners a couple at the end of the clock this year alone.

But he didn't hit this one. We were due after Joe Johnson and Pierce. We needed a win in the worst way and that's what we got, a win in the worst way.

D-BONE
03-11-2006, 04:02 PM
Yep pretty much.

Not arguing or anything but would you care to elaborate as to how or why the win would've been easier? JT's looking pretty good considering how long his been out. I still don't think he's quite reearned the "lead" PG role, which would consist of starting and getting crunch minutes in my view. Part of the reason is that I don't think he's nearly back in his normal groove yet. On the other hand, I won't be surprised if JT eventually returns to the lead role.

Bball
03-11-2006, 04:44 PM
I'm fine with AJ continuing starting until he proves to be a liability. OTOH, I don't ever want to see AJ on the court at the end of quarters or especially crunch time.

He's not going to pass the ball and he is going to force a shot.... No. matter. what.

If that is Carlisle's call, and I think it probably is, then not having AJ out there then eliminates that. If that is AJ calling his own number with Carlisle's blessing... well... again, not having him on the floor answers that as well.

And if AJ holding the ball and bricking the last shot is against Carlisle's wishes then why has this been allowed to continue all season long?

Someone will argue 'defense' as to why you want him out there but I've cringed all year at the end of quarters watching AJ bring the ball up and knowing we won't run anything. AJ will hold the ball and shoot.

-Bball

pacerwaala
03-11-2006, 06:55 PM

FYI, That is David West's SECOND missed game winning shot attempt against the Pacers. He missed a layup at the buzzer that would have won it for the Hornets against the Pacers in Reggie's penultimate year.

Maybe it is a David West - Pacer thing.

I personally would have liked Tins to be there at the end of the game but don't you think Peja would have missed those two threes regardless of whether AJ or Tins passed it to him. I am just curious but what did AJ do so bad that you think we would have won lot more easily. (that Technical that AJ picked up was dumb on AJ's part and on the ref who called it)

317Kim
03-11-2006, 06:59 PM
I'll take that win! hehehe!

:chuckle: A win is a win no matter how ya won it.

Shade
03-11-2006, 08:06 PM
:chuckle: A win is a win no matter how ya won it.

Can the same be said for a loss? :(

Hey, how come there are moral losses but no moral wins? :disturbed

Shade
03-11-2006, 08:07 PM
FYI, That is David West's SECOND missed game winning shot attempt against the Pacers. He missed a layup at the buzzer that would have won it for the Hornets against the Pacers in Reggie's penultimate year.

Maybe it is a David West - Pacer thing.

I personally would have liked Tins to be there at the end of the game but don't you think Peja would have missed those two threes regardless of whether AJ or Tins passed it to him. I am just curious but what did AJ do so bad that you think we would have won lot more easily. (that Technical that AJ picked up was dumb on AJ's part and on the ref who called it)

West is a closet Pacers fan. Seriously, who misses a layup and then hesitates on a WIDE OPEN three-pointer in game winning situations like that? :innocent:

Unclebuck
03-11-2006, 08:38 PM
West has only taken 18 three point shots in his entire career and he is 5 of 19 now. For this season he is 3 of 12. So he is not a three point shooter. So it doesn't matter if he is clutch or not

Slick Pinkham
03-11-2006, 08:52 PM
UB, in my new avatar I know that's Peck driving the sled, but I was wondering who is the grim reaper?

;)