PDA

View Full Version : Time to rile up our resident Pistons fans...

Shade
03-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Since we just had this "discussion" not too long ago, it was kinda interesting seeing an entire thread devoted to it at RealGM.

http://realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=489079&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Guess who most fans consider to be the whiniest team in the NBA? :innocent: :lurk:

P.S. Just some good old fashioned ribbin', Kstat and co. ;)

Kstat
03-08-2006, 09:43 PM
darn. Oh well.

Suaveness
03-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Pistons suck. :twocents:

Jermaniac
03-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Ben Wallace starts acting like King Kong everytime they call a foul on him.

bmac
03-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Rasheed has mange on top of his head.

btowncolt
03-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Rasheed has mange on top of his head.

It might just be the glare from the ring.........

bmac
03-09-2006, 01:16 PM
It's not any kind of glare, that's a clear mange issue he's dealing with.

travmil
03-09-2006, 01:27 PM
It might just be the glare from the ring.........

He had the mange long before he had the ring.

Fool
03-09-2006, 01:46 PM
I looked at the first couple pages. Does anyone even mention a team not considered the elite 4 (or 5)? Aside from that dude mentioning his own favorite team (the Knicks)?

I thought it was humorous that it was either the Pistons or Mavs fans saying the Spurs and Spurs fans saying the Mavs.

CableKC
03-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Is there a poll for individual whiners?

I would like to nominate SJax......:rolleyes:

Knucklehead Warrior
03-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Jax2's whining is one of my bigger gripes. But in all fairness, we need to think back to one of our heroes who had this exact same problem for several years and we did exactly the same complaining about him.
Reggie Miller

Roy Munson
03-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Rasheed threatened to kill a referee after a game in Portland once.

bmac
03-09-2006, 11:17 PM
Rasheed thinks Isiah Rider is cool.

sweabs
03-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Rasheed supports terrorism.

And he ate a baby one time.

DisplacedKnick
03-09-2006, 11:38 PM
Rasheed supports Kentucky's number 1 agricultural export.

Roy Munson
03-09-2006, 11:39 PM
Rasheed supports Kentucky's number 1 agricultural export.

You're talking about horse manure, right?

Roy Munson
03-09-2006, 11:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/aldridge_david/1499153.html

<i>Here's what we know, and it starts in the third quarter of Portland's win over Memphis, when official Scott Wall called a foul on Wallace with 9:45 left in the period. Wallace then tossed the ball toward Wall, who had his back turned. But Donaghy saw it, thought Wallace was throwing the ball at Wall and gave Wallace a technical foul. Wallace was angry -- "Ask him (Wall) if he thought I was throwing the ball at him!" Wallace allegedly said to Donaghy after the technical was called -- but stayed in the game and finished with a season-best 38 points, with 10 boards.

Then, about an hour after the game, Wallace was speaking with Memphis guard Brevin Knight and signing autographs for an acquaintance of Knight's when Wall, Donaghy and Steve Javie, the third ref, came walking past on the way to their car.

According to a source, Wallace shouted at Donaghy, "That was a bull---- call and technical, and I'm gonna get my money back," referring to the fine players receive for getting T'd up.

Donaghy then, according to the source, shouted back, "Watch the tape."

At this point, things get a little murky. Wallace then apparently took some steps toward Donaghy, and, a source says, said, "No, you watch the tape," and cursed at Donaghy. What is also unclear -- and very important, obviously -- is whether Donaghy cursed back at Wallace, or merely repeated what he'd already said, or didn't say anything. No one I spoke with disputes, though, that Wallace reacted by raising his arms -- as if to throw a punch, the league believes; with no malice toward Donaghy intended or planned, Wallace's people believe -- and moving toward Donaghy, who moved toward Wallace. Another source contends that Wallace then yelled at Donaghy, "I'm gonna kick your ***, punk-*** mother-----," and that the league viewed this as prima facie evidence of a threat against the official -- the major reason for the seven-game suspension.

The two were separated, and the referees then went to their awaiting car.</i>

Roy Munson
03-09-2006, 11:50 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news/ap/20021126/ap-trailblazers-marijuana.html

<i>
Trail Blazers teammates Damon Stoudamire and Rasheed Wallace admitted to police they had been smoking marijuana before their vehicle was stopped last week, a Portland television station reported. Field sobriety tests showed Stoudamire and Wallace were under the influence of the drug, according to police records obtained by KGW-TV on Monday. The two players, along with Stoudamire's friend, Edward L. Smith, were cited for marijuana possession early Friday morning on the way back from a game at Seattle. Stoudamire and Wallace were passengers in the vehicle, which was stopped for speeding just after midnight Friday near Centralia, Wash., midway between Seattle and Portland. ``Stoudamire hesitantly admitted that marijuana had been smoked in the vehicle,'' said an incident report written by Sgt. Rob Huss. ``Wallace stated they had smoked one 'J' in the vehicle, meaning one joint or marijuana cigarette. Wallace said the marijuana had all been smoked and was gone.'' But Lewis County Assistant Prosecutor Jeremy Randolf said Wallace wasn't completely truthful in his answer to police. ``The question was, is there anymore (marijuana) left and they said, 'No, we smoked it all up,''' Randolf said. ``And unfortunately they obviously hadn't.'' KGW-TV reported that police documents detailing a search of Stoudamire's vehicle indicate officers found a small quantity of marijuana in the glove box, a burnt marijuana cigarette next to Stoudamire's seat, and a small tin with marijuana residue in front of Wallace's seat. The two apologized to teammates, family and fans during a Friday news conference but did not answer any questions. Under Washington state law, misdemeanor possession is punishable with a fine up to $1,000 and up to six months in jail.</i>

Roy Munson
03-09-2006, 11:53 PM
http://web4.nando.net/newsroom/ap/bkb/1996/nba/was/feat/archive/062296/was13973.html
<i>
The attorney for basketball star Rasheed Wallace says a second assault charge against his client in the past two months is an attempt to frame Wallace. Wallace, a former North Carolina star now playing for the Washington Bullets, was charged with simple assault after he allegedly blocked Chiquita Bryant's car in at the day-care center Thursday and refused to let her leave. "It's another case of misunderstanding," James D. "Butch" Williams, Wallace's lawyer, said Friday. "Mr. Wallace was set up. This was not of his own doing. He was only trying to exercise his court-ordered visitation rights with his child. We intend to vigorously defend against this charge." If convicted of the charge, Wallace could face again an earlier assault charge filed in April of assaulting Bryant. Prosecution on that charge was deferred for a year after Wallace apologized in court and agreed to perform 50 hours of community service and to seek counseling for his anger.
</i>

Roy Munson
03-09-2006, 11:55 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news/ap/20010202/ap-trailblazers-wallace-suspended.html
<i>
Portland forward Rasheed Wallace was suspended for two games without pay and fined $10,000 by the NBA on Friday for hitting an official with a towel Thursday night. Wallace was ejected with 8:56 left in Portland's 100-92 victory over Phoenix after receiving his league-leading 27th technical. Wallace charged official Gary Benson near midcourt and threw a towel that hit the referee in the face. Wallace repeatedly rushed at Benson and had to be held back by his coaches and teammates. The NBA also cited Wallace's failure to leave the court in a timely manner in announcing the suspension, which will begin Saturday with a road game against the Los Angeles Clippers. Portland coach Mike Dunleavy said Thursday night that there isn't much he can do to bring Wallace under control.</i>

Roy Munson
03-09-2006, 11:57 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news/ap/20010416/ap-trailblazers-wallacesuspended.html
<i>
The Trail Blazers suspended All-Star forward Rasheed Wallace on Monday for one game for throwing a towel into the face of teammate Arvydas Sabonis during an argument in a loss to the Lakers a day earlier. Coach Mike Dunleavy said Wallace would be suspended for Tuesday's regular-season finale against San Antonio for ''conduct detrimental to the success of the team.'' It was the second time this season Wallace has been suspended by Dunleavy. It's the second time this month Wallace has been suspended by his team for surly on-court behavior. He also was suspended two games by the NBA in early February for throwing a towel that grazed the cheek of referee Gary Benson, who had ejected him. While Wallace's tantrums over officiating have become notorious, he never had publicly feuded with a teammate before Sunday. During the third quarter of a 105-100 loss to the Lakers, Sabonis was shoved out of the way by Shaquille O'Neal, who was going for a rebound. Sabonis, trying to draw a foul, flailed his arms, and his left hand smacked Wallace in the face. Wallace, who had his left eye blackened by Sabonis' elbow during another inadvertent hit at Golden State on April 6, doubled over. He yelled at Sabonis as the teams went to their benches for a time-out. Still furious, Wallace threw a small, white towel into Sabonis' face, then walked away.
</i>

Roy Munson
03-10-2006, 12:00 AM
http://www.hoopshype.com/columns/wallace_mcintyre.htm
<i>
"As they were leaving the practice facility Wednesday, the morning of their final shootaround together, [Bonzi] Wells and [Rasheed] Wallace saw Ruben Boumtje Boumtje shooting jump shots some 100 feet away with his back turned to them.

Wallace slapped Wells on the back and said, "Watch this." Then he picked up a ball, reared back and fired a 100-foot, baseball-style strike that left Boumtje Boumtje writhing the floor. Trainers were summoned. After a few scary minutes, Boumtje Boumtje walked off, OK.

Wells and Wallace?

They giggled like schoolchildren and ran away the moment their teammate hit the canvas."

Just the kind of guy you want to improve locker room chemistry. Right.

Roy Munson
03-10-2006, 12:02 AM
http://www.hoopshype.com/columns/wallace_mcintyre.htm
<i>
In the wake of the criminally oafish remarks made by petulant Portland star Rasheed Wallace last week -- "They look at black athletes like we're dumb-*** ******s … It's as if we're just going to shut up, sign for the money and do what they tell us." -- one has to wonder, what was he thinking?

But that would be na&#239;ve, foolishly assuming Wallace thinks at all.

It's bewildering -- and admit it, slightly amusing -- that the fourth-highest player in the NBA would attempt to wax philosophic about the exploitation of NBA players when he is pulling in $16.8 million this year.

Last week, Wallace gave a career-crippling (and possible personal, too?) interview to the Oregonian, and he not only ranted without credence, but let a certain racial epithet fly throughout. A free agent after this season, more than a few teams will think twice before tendering an offer to the immensely-talented Wallace after he offered up these salvos:

"I ain't no dumb-*** ****** out here. I'm not like a whole bunch of these young boys out here who get caught up and captivated into the league. No. I see behind the lines. I see behind the false screens. I know what this business is all about. I know the commissioner of this league makes more than three-quarters of the players in this league."
</i>

Roy Munson
03-10-2006, 12:14 AM
http://www.sptimes.com/2002/12/22/Sports/Brawl_leads_to_fine__.shtml
<i>
NEW YORK -- Bonzi Wells drew a two-game suspension from the league for fighting at the end of Friday's Portland-Golden State game, and Rasheed Wallace was fined $15,000 for attempting to go into the stands.

Wells' suspension began with Portland's home game Saturday night against Seattle. He also will miss Friday's game against Utah.

Penalties for the Golden State players who took part in the altercation are expected to be announced today. Wells was punished for throwing a punch at Chris Mills, who reportedly tried to get into the Blazers locker room but was restrained.
</i>

Roy Munson
03-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Rasheed Wallace Got thrown out of the McDonald's All-American Game.

Shade
03-10-2006, 12:46 AM
Jeebus, this turned into another Sheed tribute thread.:eek:

Kstat
03-10-2006, 02:02 AM
The Sheed threads continue to vastly outnumber any and all individual pacer threads..... :laugh:

sticks and stones.....

grace
03-10-2006, 02:33 AM
I would like to nominate SJax......:rolleyes:

Good Lord no. Sam Cassell is 1000 times worse than Stephen. Cassell could rip an opponent's arm out of the socket and when the ref calls the foul Sam would wave the severed limb in the ref's face and say no :censored: way it was a foul.

N8R
03-10-2006, 02:42 AM
Rasheed raped my mother and killed my father and he truffle shuffled on my face.

Fool
03-10-2006, 09:52 AM
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/8035/piep9fv.gif

Hicks
03-10-2006, 11:58 AM
The Sheed threads continue to vastly outnumber any and all individual pacer threads..... :laugh:

sticks and stones.....

may break your bones, but documented misconducts last forever! :laugh: ;)

btowncolt
03-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Rasheed Wallace is the President of NAMBLA.

efx
03-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Is that Rasheed I saw sitting next to Rudolf Hess at the Nuremberg trials?

N8R
03-10-2006, 04:11 PM
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/8035/piep9fv.gif

You're Killing Chunk. That is a great gif.

bmac
03-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Rasheed Wallace is the President of NAMBLA.
HA! I just saw that South Park episode this week!

Fool
03-10-2006, 05:19 PM
Rasheed Wallace's tears cure canc... wait, am I doing this wrong?

Since86
03-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Rasheed Wallace's tear causes canc...

Fixed. :D

Aw Heck
03-10-2006, 07:58 PM
"Did I ever tell you about the time Rasheed Wallace forced me to wear a woman's bikini around the office? Sheed tears off my clothes and makes me wear this skimpy bikini. For the next three months I had to conduct my business wearing a woman's bathing suit. I would cry from shame and question my manhood daily. But at the end of the quarter, I'll be damned if my sales hadn't tripled."

"Rasheed Wallace framed Roger Rabbit!"

"He hated Mexicans! ...And he was half Mexican! ...And he hated irony!"

N8R
03-11-2006, 03:00 AM
I heard Sheed likes to Salute the Kernel with his women...Sick guy

sunsun
03-11-2006, 07:06 AM
:-o what is piston?i don't know a NBA team named piston.:mad: :rolleyes: :) :D :laugh: