PDA

View Full Version : One very sad note from the game.....

MagicRat
03-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Before Boomer and the Power Pack dunked during the break after the 3rd quarter, they announced that one of the Power Pack members had passed away in an accident. His name was David Scott. He was the taller one who did the most impressive dunks in the group, getting amazing height on his jumps. Boomer and the Power Pack were wearing wristbands with "DS" on them.

RIP David......

Peck
03-07-2006, 11:38 PM
I didn't see this when I put my post up.

This was very sad indeed. A very young man & one hell of a dunker.

SoupIsGood
03-07-2006, 11:39 PM
:(

If it was a car accident, and today, then I might have actually seen him and the scene. So sad.

MagicRat
03-07-2006, 11:44 PM

If it was a car accident, and today, then I might have actually seen him and the scene. So sad.

According to the Star website, he passed away on the 25th of February.

Hoop
03-07-2006, 11:46 PM
R.I.P. Very sad to lose someone that young. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

From the Star News Website:

Scott, David A.

David Alan Scott, Jr. 20 of Indianapolis passed away on February 25, 2006. He was a college student at I.U.P.U.I. He was a member of Air-Born Acrobats (Jireh), Pacers Power Pack Team and the Intramural Basketball at I.U.P.U.I. Services will be held on Thursday, March 2, 2006, 1 p.m. at Oasis of Hope Missionary Baptist Church. Friends may call on Thursday, March 2, 2006 from 11 a.m. until service time at the church. Burial at Crown Hill Cemetery. He is survived by his parents, David A. Scott, Sr. and Jean Scott; sisters, Naomi Scott, Charity Scott, Jordanne Scott and Pearl Scott; brother, Jonathan Brackin. Arrangements entrusted to Williams & Bluitt Funeral Home.

SoupIsGood
03-07-2006, 11:47 PM
According to the Star website, he passed away on the 25th of February.

Ok, then.

sweabs
03-08-2006, 12:27 AM
That's too bad. RIP, bud.

18to88
03-08-2006, 12:31 AM
That sucks, does anyone know what happened?

Kegboy
03-08-2006, 08:20 AM
He really was quite good. Easily the best I saw in all my years going.

sixthman
03-08-2006, 08:48 AM
Oh, man. If this is the young man I am thinking about, he was easily the most talented and easy to watch of the group. Regardless of which of the Power Pack he was, this is sad news indeed. God bless his family.

Pacesetter
03-08-2006, 09:15 AM
Before Boomer and the Power Pack dunked during the break after the 3rd quarter, they announced that one of the Power Pack members had passed away in an accident. His name was David Scott. He was the taller one who did the most impressive dunks in the group, getting amazing height on his jumps. Boomer and the Power Pack were wearing wristbands with "DS" on them.

RIP David......

Yes, MR, I was shocked too. I liked him. He was always so enthusiastic, and really charged up the others in the group. It even seemed like Boomer wasn't himself! It seemed like the guys were acting like they wanted to be there but they didn't want to be there. The big guy kept pointing up at us .... sad! :(

He was just 20 years old!!!! :(

Prayers to his family!!!

Wayne Jarvis
03-08-2006, 01:19 PM
That sucks, does anyone know what happened?
Posted from the RATS board:

http://www.christ-life.org/news.htm

About half way down the page is a picture and some text.

Hicks
03-08-2006, 01:28 PM
From that link:

Dear Warren and Robbie,

I regret to inform the Christ-Life family of the passing away of David Scott, 20 years old -- Jean Scott’s only son. Many of you know David from the many camps that he has attended. He was 10 years old when the family began attending the Indianapolis Fellowship. It has been hard to get details, but according to the Indianapolis Police department, he was the victim of a self-inflicted accidental firing of a newly purchased gun. The story we are getting is that he purchased the gun a couple of days ago and was showing it to a friend and the friend had asked him to put the gun away due to children showing up. Apparently, David took the gun out to his vehicle, in the process of putting it away, shot himself in the heart, and proceeded to drag himself to the door where the friends called 911. He was unable to be saved. Jean received the call from the chaplain at approximately 9pm. According to the coroner’s office, the time of death was between 4-6pm.

The details I’m getting leave many unanswered questions that I’m reluctant to press for at this time. To the best of my knowledge, there has been no mention of this in the press, even though David has been working at the NBA Indiana Pacers home basketball games. He would regularly appear as a between play/time-out entertainer do gymnastic stunts which has been a crowd favorite. If I’m getting this correctly, a call was made to the police from someone named Tyler Perry (which is a current somewhat-known actor’s name) saying that they had observed the self-inflicted shot. Anyway, I’m sure more details will surface in the coming days. According to our mutual fellowship friend Licha, Jean is taking this very, very hard. We are asking for your support in all your prayers for Jean and her girls and the rest of the family for strength and healing at this very painful time.

Your brother,

Larry

sweabs
03-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Wow - if that is true (accidental self-inflicted gun wound), that is truly, truly sad.

Once again, RIP and my prayers are with his family.

GO!!!!!
03-08-2006, 05:41 PM
My condolences to the family, it sounds like a real tradegy and his young life was taken to soon, he sounds like a real spark in the community and had a great love for life

My condolences

Lord Helmet
03-08-2006, 06:00 PM

This is really, really sad.

Whenever I think of the Power Pack I thought of him, I mean he was good. :(

317Kim
03-08-2006, 06:06 PM
:cry:

RIP David..

Shade
03-08-2006, 08:38 PM
That's a damn shame. His name sounds familiar too, and he was an IUPUI student. Wouldn't at all be surprised if he was in one of my classes.

R.I.P. :(